Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cnut
May 3, 2016

Beastie posted:

Yeah because evidence clearly shows that seat belts never saved anyone. Ever.

Cops keep unbuckling dead people. It's an epidemic I tells ya!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Dzhay posted:

This sees like it could explain at most one out of lemons and tangerines.

I knew a guy who thought rice was made like pasta.

According to him it goes:
Lime, lemon, tangerine, orange, grapefruit.

I guess a lemon shrinks and becomes sweeter. You're not supposed to eat grapefruit because "it's basically rotten... It's all bloated."

He had never heard of Mandarin, tangelo, blood orange, or any others. When asked about those he said, "I dunno about those. They probably just fit in somewhere."

Edit: Not quite the same but it reminds be about that joke where 50 Cent doesn't know that grapefruit != The fruit, grape.
Which that is confusing for non-English speakers but he's American.

Inzombiac fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Aug 23, 2016

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

and she had a pair of raccoons living in her chest

Dinosaurmageddon fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Aug 23, 2016

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

the person who shared that works as an xray tech

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Posting FB memes is like some kind of weird replacement for your opinions and thoughts

I'm seeing some greeting card crossover potential for this segment of the population

You open up your mailbox and it's a random card from one of your friends with some "profound" statement on just, like, being, man superimposed over a sepia picture of a mountain range

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Monkey Fracas posted:

Posting FB memes is like some kind of weird replacement for your opinions and thoughts

I'm seeing some greeting card crossover potential for this segment of the population

You open up your mailbox and it's a random card from one of your friends with some "profound" statement on just, like, being, man superimposed over a sepia picture of a mountain range

poo poo, that's a great idea. I should start printing out physical memes and mailing them to my friends.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Tequila Sunrise posted:

poo poo, that's a great idea. I should start printing out physical memes and mailing them to my friends.

DICKS OUT FOR HARAMBE

with a picture of a dog fostering a bunch of kittens

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Nazzadan posted:

I'm glad whoever posted this on Facebook blocked out the dick on the human before posting.

Man knows that he's supposed to cover the body God made him in perpetual shame.

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
i'm a brit, it's me, i'm the 'quite' guy.

any questions bitches?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

Mahuum Aqoha posted:

I have a terrible habit of collecting cranky old people memes.

My ancestors survived without polio and smallpox vaccines, and childbirth without modern hospitals. SMDH at these later generations.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Will humanity ever get a basic grip of how and when to use quotation marks?

Like that one house on my dog-walk route that says it has "video" surveillance.
Whats it mean, the camera doesnt work?

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Will humanity ever get a basic grip of how and when to use quotation marks?

Like that one house on my dog-walk route that says it has "video" surveillance.
Whats it mean, the camera doesnt work?

I guess they're referring to a button or link which has a "share" label on it? It seems half-appropriate.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Isn't that red haired girl actually a dude?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mahuum Aqoha posted:

This one pops up in my social circle once every month or two. WHY THE gently caress IS SYLVESTER ON IT

feared getting caught doing wrong

no qualms with the doing wrong itself, just don't get caught

brilliant parenting lmao

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

notZaar posted:

She's whatever youTumblr want her to be.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

notZaar posted:

trans woman, so she's only "actually a dude" if yr an rear end in a top hat

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Stuntman posted:

trans woman, so she's only "actually a dude" if yr an rear end in a top hat

Okay thanks for clarifying that he is indeed a man.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

notZaar posted:

Okay thanks for clarifying that he is indeed a man.

do you think you're like fighting some good fight or something with this

cuz you're just being a dick to people for no reason

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
when u chop a branch off a tree its still a tree

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

cuz you're just being a dick to people for no reason

Being a character in Questionable Content is reason enough for ridicule.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Bitter Mushroom posted:

and a human is still a human so why do you want other humans to feel lovely about themselves unless you yourself have some issues to work out?

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

and a human is still a human so why do you want other humans to feel lovely about themselves unless you yourself have some issues to work out?

Don't they already feel lovely about themselves isn't that actually the entire point

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Don't they already feel lovely about themselves isn't that actually the entire point

even if they do why does that mean it's okay to pile on?

you target depressed people?

I really mostly just want to know if you people think you're fighting some moral degeneracy or something when you do that bc it's not even funny so I really dunno what the deal is. If you have no answer that's fine, just say so.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Aug 23, 2016

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Bitter Mushroom posted:

this made me lol really hard i'm a horrible person

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
:tipshat:

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

even if they do why does that mean it's okay to pile on?

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Being a character in Questionable Content is reason enough for ridicule.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Except he didn't make fun of a cartoon character, he made a sweeping remark stating that trans women are still just men.

You can try to brush it under the rug if you want I'll just take that as a 'idk why I make fun of people different than me' (cuz you're an insecure goony goon).

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Moridin920 posted:

Except he didn't make fun of a cartoon character, he made a sweeping remark stating that trans women are still just men.

You can try to brush it under the rug if you want I'll just take that as a 'idk why I make fun of people different than me' (cuz you're an insecure goony goon).

What do you mean "just men" are men lesser and more trivial than whatever it is you're comparing them to?

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
What is it with Americans and defending drinking out of the hose? I'm not sure its something to be proud of - if there's a hose there's probably a tap nearby, use that?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
no 'just men' as in excluding everything else

but you knew that :)

OldMemes posted:

What is it with Americans and defending drinking out of the hose? I'm not sure its something to be proud of - if there's a hose there's probably a tap nearby, use that?

they're hicks or something bc I know 0 people who drink out of hoses

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

you're an insecure goony goon

Turn on your monitor.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Hose water is a goddamned gift from Our Creator. Just let that bad boy run for a bit to clear the junk out. Really, it's a last resort if you don't have other water available or are lazy. Sometimes a hose has been attached to a spout for so long or was threaded on wrong somehow with colossal force that it would take tools and literal minutes to remove the drat thing to just drink from the source, so the hose it is.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
this thread was good before whatever idiotic poo poo yall are arguing about occurred

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

thathonkey posted:

this thread was good before whatever idiotic poo poo yall are arguing about occurred

Somewhere, out there, the creator of the hose water pic is sitting back, smiling confidently that they've done good work

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

isn't the creator of questionable content this weirdo aspergers goon type anyway?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

vyst posted:

isn't the creator of questionable content this weirdo aspergers goon type anyway?

idk and idc

I'm just saying it's unfunny and kinda pathetic really to go 'oh so they're REALLY just still a man.' That's not making fun of the comic, that's making fun of trans people.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Moridin920 posted:

idk and idc

I'm just saying it's unfunny and kinda pathetic really to go 'oh so they're REALLY just still a man.' That's not making fun of the comic, that's making fun of trans people.

what's wrong with that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

vyst posted:

He's a thirty-plus New Englander white guy who once had a kind of neat comic about indie music and poop jokes and soap opera shennanigans and now it's literally become a procession of paper-thin (not literally, they're all chunky) broken women who take turns being the center of attention until the audience and the artist bore of them and then they become one-note side characters to provide punch lines. All of the drama is stupid and nobody even fucks anymore, except for the main dude (who is basically a satellite character at this point) and the aforementioned redhead and even then it's basically a Shroedinger's dick situation on that one.

• Locked thread