Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Frontline did a piece about chicken as well, The Trouble With Chicken. There are similar programs where they discuss issues with antibiotics, the pork industry, and how perfectly healthy folks are contracting MRSA (not from directly eating it, but related to handling and preparation).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
Found on supermarket/junk food blog http://theimpulsivebuy.com/ :

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Hm, I like me some crunchy ulcers for a snack

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the one on the right looks like a terribly-done pao de queijo

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I probably would at least once

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

JohnnyCanuck posted:

Found on supermarket/junk food blog http://theimpulsivebuy.com/ :

I would ache to try the one on the left and then immediately regret it probably before I even swallowed.

That70sHeidi
Aug 16, 2009

You Are A Elf posted:

I'm the mismatched dinner plates

I'm the mismatched silverware probably stolen from TGI Fridays and Outback.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

Some of the saddest things for me in this thread are when people just throw together some random slop and it's not, you know, bachelor food, but instagram-worthy. Also clean your loving stove.

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Twenty years ago, my mother was at a fancy restaurant at a fancy resort and ordered a fancy dish with egg in it. When it arrived, the yolk looked white, and she asked the waiter what kind of bird it was from because she had never seen a white yolk before. He went to ask about it. Then the (angry, French) chef came stomping out of the kitchen and told her that the egg came from a "boy chicken". No one could get a better translation. She didn't eat it. I wish I had a photo.

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

How did they find my dorm, and why did they throw sausage in my dinner?

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008

Metaline posted:

Twenty years ago, my mother was at a fancy restaurant at a fancy resort and ordered a fancy dish with egg in it. When it arrived, the yolk looked white, and she asked the waiter what kind of bird it was from because she had never seen a white yolk before. He went to ask about it. Then the (angry, French) chef came stomping out of the kitchen and told her that the egg came from a "boy chicken". No one could get a better translation. She didn't eat it. I wish I had a photo.

Well fancy that. Just feed your chickens sorghum or white corn.

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Dilb posted:

Well fancy that. Just feed your chickens sorghum or white corn.

But just the boy chickens!

NarwhalParty
Jul 23, 2010

Found this in the freezer section of the grocery store.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Metaline posted:

But just the boy chickens!

And how a boy chicken lays an egg I'm sure I don't know.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

WHY would you deep fry a Twinkie

Look at my poo poo on redbubble please it's cool I promise.
http://www.redbubble.com/people/sociopastry/shop?asc=u

NarwhalParty
Jul 23, 2010
I'm more okay with deep frying a Twinkie than deep frying it, freezing it, and then reheating it in the microwave.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Sociopastry posted:

WHY would you deep fry a Twinkie

Having eaten them, to say you can.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

put of all the terrible deep fried things to eat

why a twinkie

I've had deep fried oreos once and while I immediately felt my arteries harden it was at least tasty.

twinkies don't taste like anything

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Metaline posted:

"Male fish roe" is a thing I have been served in Asia. I've seen bowls of just fish jizz, but the thing I had (and was told after I ate it what it was) were like the sacks where the semen is produced and kept? It wasn't like mammal testicles at all, they looked kind of like walnuts but were squishy. I don't know how cod balls work.

It didn't really taste like anything. Welp that's my story.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

on the subject of eating animal balls-

bull balls are loving delicious and everyone should eat them. Usually they're called "Rocky Mountain Oysters" on menus where people are squeamish but they are legit tasty.

Look at my poo poo on redbubble please it's cool I promise.
http://www.redbubble.com/people/sociopastry/shop?asc=u

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I don't need adult onset diabeetus but I dearly want those

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH
I grew up right next to a farm that kept their chickens "free range" i.e. they were kept in the yard to peck and cluck and ruin your day instead of the ideal of being smashed in a box. They would roost at night and the layers would lay, and you would pick eggs from the filthy bastards every day or so.

They smelled terrible, pecked you like crazy, wouldn't shut up, and were general awful creatures. My mother is a strict vegetarian but still smiles when yet another chicken goes to their maker. They are terrible, disgusting, abominations. The only reason to raise chickens is for the pleasure of killing them.

You cook the chicken through with no pink to make sure that their soul goes back down to their creator, Satan. You don't want those bastards coming back to haunt you.

You should be more gentle with Turkey though. Going easy on cooking the turkey makes for a better bird.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

NotAnArtist posted:

I probably would at least once

That's Walmart store-brand dude, it'll be garbage.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

mostlygray posted:

I grew up right next to a farm that kept their chickens "free range" i.e. they were kept in the yard to peck and cluck and ruin your day instead of the ideal of being smashed in a box. They would roost at night and the layers would lay, and you would pick eggs from the filthy bastards every day or so.

They smelled terrible, pecked you like crazy, wouldn't shut up, and were general awful creatures. My mother is a strict vegetarian but still smiles when yet another chicken goes to their maker. They are terrible, disgusting, abominations. The only reason to raise chickens is for the pleasure of killing them.

You cook the chicken through with no pink to make sure that their soul goes back down to their creator, Satan. You don't want those bastards coming back to haunt you.

I volunteered on a farm once that had chickens. I'd go out to the hen house every morning to feed the chickens and collect six or so eggs and make sure their water wasn't frozen over. And every morning the rooster would attack me claws-first. Luckily it was January, so I was wearing duck canvas coveralls over my pajamas and didn't feel a thing. I mentioned this to the farm owner over breakfast and she said she wouldn't tolerate that behavior in her animals and that bird didn't see noon.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I'm not sure what's up with the horrible chickens you guys experienced - I got nine of them in my backyard. They never attack anyone except their food and are hilarious to watch.
Also they are vicious assholes and everyone should thank their favorite deity that chickens are the size they are.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

TotalLossBrain posted:

I'm not sure what's up with the horrible chickens you guys experienced - I got nine of them in my backyard. They never attack anyone except their food and are hilarious to watch.
Also they are vicious assholes and everyone should thank their favorite deity that chickens are the size they are.

They'd just come up behind you and stove your head in with a mindless peck. Then when you collapsed and died, they'd vigorously consume your flesh a beak-full at a time, rolling your flaccid corpse in the dirt with their talons.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

TotalLossBrain posted:

We already have cassowaries, anyway.

shut up netface
Jun 15, 2008

chaos rhames posted:

American burgers are crap because they don't use beets, eggs or pineapple. They're missing the gently caress out.

Beets? Sure, maybe a little bit.
Eggs? Ok, why not.

Pineapple? OH gently caress YOU. DO YOU HATE BURGERS?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

http://i.imgur.com/oKDSN8d.jpg :nws: Link because of frosted cookie nips

RandomZero
Aug 22, 2010

So uh, anyone tried the Burger King Whopperrito yet? I just saw the commercial last night. I don't know why it surprised me, it's BK after all.

moms friend from work
Mar 28, 2010
I'M THE WURST

RandomZero posted:

So uh, anyone tried the Burger King Whopperrito yet? I just saw the commercial last night. I don't know why it surprised me, it's BK after all.

A buddy and I got one to see how bad it could be. It is exactly as bad as you think, and probably the saltiest single food item I've ever eaten. The burger has been drowned in that prepackaged taco seasoning slurry, to the point that it tastes like you're eating mushy salt and cumin.

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

TotalLossBrain posted:

"But this was no chicken. It was evil manifest."

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

shut up netface posted:

Beets? Sure, maybe a little bit.
Eggs? Ok, why not.

Pineapple? OH gently caress YOU. DO YOU HATE BURGERS?

pineapple slice on a teriyaki or hawaiian burger is fantastic.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Pictured: Your cardiac rhythm after eating that monstrosity. still would

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

TRANSLATION: Heart Attack Burger.

But you'd all already guessed that.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches