Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

New Toriko is REAL!

HYPE HYPE!

Also Zonge got hit by Neo's Laser? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Seebach posted:

New Toriko is REAL!

HYPE HYPE!

Zonge actually ate God before anyone else. He's gonna be OP

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Goddamnit did they cut when Starjun revealed his and Toriko's father?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
It's Midora. That's why they cut to him.

Personally I'm surprised he had kids whom he didn't eat out of the crib.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

He's a tiger they don't eat their own kids

probably

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i figured that they were acacia and frohze's kids in some kind of weird centuries-long corpse pregnancy

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~
I could deal with a whole chapter of gourmet trash talking from Acacia vs Midora.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
u anorexic or someth bro?

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Seebach posted:

New Toriko is REAL!

HYPE HYPE!

Didn't they mention in a previous chapter that Zonge actually has an absurd amount of food luck?

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Midora is here and everything is wonderful.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Midora is here and everything is wonderful.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Monkey King is dead and I'm sad, Matoi.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he hasn't been eaten yet and physical damage can be negated with the use of delicious food

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Wasn't half of his body eaten?

The whole regeneration thing has me wondering.

If you can't regenerate parts of you eaten by Neo, what about growing new parts instead?

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

If you can't regenerate parts of you eaten by Neo, what about growing new parts instead?

Keep hope alive. :unsmith:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

i didn't remember that he was partially eaten by neo. nothing comes back from that, or at least nothing does unless komatsu gets eaten by neo immediately after he was eaten by god.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Like, I remember something about scars and Joa? Like how Joa was scarring people so deeply that their gourmet cells couldn't recover or whatever, letting her brainwash them or something, yeah? And how those scars couldn't really be healed unless you had some really strong shock?

Does Neo's eating work off something like that or is it something else entirely? I know that Neo's on like, a level above Blue Nitros and demons like Don Slime, but I wonder if it works off the same principle.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Like, I remember something about scars and Joa? Like how Joa was scarring people so deeply that their gourmet cells couldn't recover or whatever, letting her brainwash them or something, yeah? And how those scars couldn't really be healed unless you had some really strong shock?

Does Neo's eating work off something like that or is it something else entirely? I know that Neo's on like, a level above Blue Nitros and demons like Don Slime, but I wonder if it works off the same principle.

No. In fact I'm not even sure how Teppei recovered from the flavor change.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Matoi Ryuko posted:

No. In fact I'm not even sure how Teppei recovered from the flavor change.

Wasn't it the case that Teppei was never brainwashed and just always pretending?

Zeus and some other cooks had the brainwashing broken after being killed by Midora. The life orbs or whatever let them come back from death.

Shigetsu? I think that's what his name was? The vice president of the IGO had his brainwashing undone by Toriko's attack, but the attack also resulted in his death.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Wasn't it the case that Teppei was never brainwashed and just always pretending?

Zeus and some other cooks had the brainwashing broken after being killed by Midora. The life orbs or whatever let them come back from death.

Shigetsu? I think that's what his name was? The vice president of the IGO had his brainwashing undone by Toriko's attack, but the attack also resulted in his death.

He was definitely brainwashed. Maybe when jiroh yelled at him it wore off. I guess he wasn't brainwashed when he killed Komatsu. I don't even remember the vice president fight now.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Matoi Ryuko posted:

He was definitely brainwashed. Maybe when jiroh yelled at him it wore off. I guess he wasn't brainwashed when he killed Komatsu. I don't even remember the vice president fight now.

Hmmm, Jirou yelling makes sense, I think. Jirou is pretty strong after all.

:rip: one of the many cool old dudes who had to die.

The Vice President thing wasn't even a fight, he showed up after Teppei did his thing to Komatsu's heart and then pissed off Toriko blew him away in a single punch.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Matoi Ryuko posted:

That was the dude Toriko infinity-punched, sending him flying through the sky until a bird ate him or something I think.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
teppei removed komatsu's heart so that he could adapt to his gourmet cells. i dunno how that is supposed to work, but they made it pretty clear that teppei wasn't brainwashed then.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Serious Frolicking posted:

teppei removed komatsu's heart so that he could adapt to his gourmet cells. i dunno how that is supposed to work, but they made it pretty clear that teppei wasn't brainwashed then.

Yeah. So I guess he's been working undercover inside neo after breaking free of the flavor change?

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Roland Jones posted:

That was the dude Toriko infinity-punched, sending him flying through the sky until a bird ate him or something I think.

iirc he busted through the bird along with toriko's infinity punch and is still being punched. If that did not happen, it's what I choose to believe. :black101:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

iirc he busted through the bird along with toriko's infinity punch and is still being punched. If that did not happen, it's what I choose to believe. :black101:

He was punched through a lot of things but finally eaten by 4 birds or something.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Toriko 384

sexual innuendos ahoy

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

i figured that they were acacia and frohze's kids in some kind of weird centuries-long corpse pregnancy

well now this seems to be the case based on the latest chapter. except they also said frozhe got genderchanged by pair which means mpreg or something???? idk

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

glassyalabolas posted:

Toriko 384

sexual innuendos ahoy

Wow... just.

Holy poo poo Acacia is an rear end in a top hat.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

dragon enthusiast posted:

well now this seems to be the case based on the latest chapter. except they also said frozhe got genderchanged by pair which means mpreg or something???? idk

I don't think so, I think Acacia thought Joie was Frozhe's son? But it was actually Frozhe him/herself? I have no idea what's going on, but I'm loving it!

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Silento posted:

I don't think so, I think Acacia thought Joie was Frozhe's son? But it was actually Frozhe him/herself? I have no idea what's going on, but I'm loving it!

comedy option: it's komatsu

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

dragon enthusiast posted:

comedy option: it's komatsu

I'm down for this plot twist.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

So is Joie evil or just being manipulated? Interesting chapter.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Silento posted:

Joie is a man, I think. Joie is also a different person from Frohze. Considering he was kind of sort of born from her body, it isn't too strange to consider him her son.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Matoi Ryuko posted:

So is Joie evil or just being manipulated? Interesting chapter.

At the least, Joie (when did the shift to "Joie" from "Joa" happen? I liked "Joa" better) seems to be dedicated to Acacia, possibly a trait that he inherited from Frozhe.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Roland Jones posted:

At the least, Joie (when did the shift to "Joie" from "Joa" happen? I liked "Joa" better) seems to be dedicated to Acacia, possibly a trait that he inherited from Frozhe.

JoieJoJoa Jr Shabadoo

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Roland Jones posted:

Midora was suggesting that frohze was actually trying to prevent acacia from going to [the furthest lands], was my take.

Joie is a man, I think. Joie is also a different person from Frohze. Considering he was kind of sort of born from her body, it isn't too strange to consider him her son.

Part of me thinks that the gender thing was a mistranslation and what midora was referring to was the difference between frohze's and joie's appetite demons. Also, joie isn't exactly drawn like a man, considering this is toriko we're discussing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Midora was suggesting that frohze was actually trying to prevent acacia from going to [the furthest lands], was my take.

Right, I meant more putting up with Acacia's... Everything else. Like what he discussed in this very chapter.

I don't know. There's some reason Joie is so dedicated to Acacia, but what it is isn't really clear since he's not really getting anything out of it.

quote:

Part of me thinks that the gender thing was a mistranslation and what midora was referring to was the difference between frohze's and joie's appetite demons. Also, joie isn't exactly drawn like a man, considering this is toriko we're discussing.

Supposedly she ate Pair (the ball soup, not the Nitro), which would have resulted in her body changing. Which is the body Joie then possessed or whatever.

• Locked thread