Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Squizzle posted:

at merrick garland's hearing, i hope that some brave legislator asks him why he's named like someone's star wars fan-fiction character

its a cool name bro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Squizzle posted:

at merrick garland's hearing, i hope that some brave legislator asks him why he's named like someone's star wars fan-fiction character

If he's a coastie, it's probably for reasons that would make F. Scott Fitzgerald's head spin. If not, I got nothing.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I'm related to John C Calhoun and was offered a partial scholarship to clemson because of it

how should this influence my opinions about the 2016 presidential election

Swedgin
Aug 22, 2006

by exmarx

Ouhei posted:

538 gives them a C+ rating, but still lol at Clinton +19 in loving VA.

the first election I followed closely was 2008, so I have this lasting impression of both Colorado and Virginia as these slightly R-leaning states within reach for Dems

seeing them both move into solid blue is beyond satisfying

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
15,000 new Hillary emails are going to be released soon, cementing her status as most boring criminal ever. Imagine the amazing things that 15,000 Trump emails would be filled with.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
senate imo needs to do the country's buisness
give the star wars slash fan fiction judge a hearing
make it so hardcore and make him jump through a thousand loops and judge every report card and every word he has ever written
but goddamnit do ur jobs turtle senate

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

Someone should do a write up of "Ed Balls" in SAclopedia while anyone can remember what the hell it means.

Also someone should do "Harambe".

Swedgin
Aug 22, 2006

by exmarx

FabioClone posted:

15,000 new Hillary emails are going to be released soon, cementing her status as most boring criminal ever. Imagine the amazing things that 15,000 Trump emails would be filled with.

pls print

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Swedgin posted:

the first election I followed closely was 2008, so I have this lasting impression of both Colorado and Virginia as these slightly R-leaning states within reach for Dems

If there was ever a state tailor made for the Hillaries of the world, it would be VA.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

FabioClone posted:

nah you see they're really interesting because someone that worked for her talked about setting up a meeting and that it might look bad since they gave money to her international foundation and how hillary didn't really want to do it but some other factor led her to decide it was worth the political risk and it in no tangible way influenced american foreign policy in the region

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

clinton to call the alt right lil pee pants baby diapers who can't get dates

but she'll probs do it in a way that's presidential or whatevz so it'll be boring but they'll still get twitter mad about it so lol

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

wait aren't these 15k emails only new to us? like, the fbi already knew about these and looked through them, i think?

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Abel Wingnut posted:

wait aren't these 15k emails only new to us? like, the fbi already knew about these and looked through them, i think?

Yeah it's a big nothingburger

Also Roanoke College is a pretty trash pollster, in Virginia they went from

Clinton +17
tie
Clinton +19

uh huh

Slate Action fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Aug 23, 2016

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Abel Wingnut posted:

yes, they're now releasing poo poo they've had for months.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Swedgin posted:

It's pretty fun watching the demise of the GOP happen over the last 2 elections. Who would have thunk that basing your party on loving over anyone that wasn't a straight white christian male wouldn't last?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

FizFashizzle posted:

yes, they're now releasing poo poo they've had for months.

Still, it gives us an opportunity to see more stories of Abuela IT woes including:

When is this TV show on?
pls print
How do I DVR?
pls print
I didn't get the outlook invite, what time is this meeting?
pls clap

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

FabioClone posted:

I imagine Trump's emails just consist of MSPaint drawings of Trump's enemies with stink lines coming off of them

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

This could be one of the best articles I've read this election

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/meet-the-trump-bros/

Meet the Trump Bros

quote:

Misogyny was an issue about maybe 60, 80 years ago," said Rowe. "That's not an issue today. There are a lot bigger fish to fry...You know, ISIS is chopping off heads. We've got 19 trillion dollars in debt."

quote:

We needed to get as much Trump gear as we could, and as much America gear as we could," Maniscalco said of the inspiration behind their coordinating wardrobes.

quote:

"There is a sentiment among frat guys, lacrosse players and middle class affluent white kids that they are kind of getting persecuted lately," Portnoy told CBS News.

quote:

"You tell a joke it gets blown out of proportion. You gotta walk on eggshells. There's kind of that feeling, and Trump, he tells a joke and doesn't back down. He says things that would normally been frowned upon. At a school, a kid would get expelled. Not that it's right or wrong, but he's sort of defending a lot of the things they've been attacked for in the last five years or so."

"It's an F-U to society, who is telling us we are a bad guy because we like hooking up with girls on spring break,"
he added. "And they see Trump sticking up for that."

quote:

Grant Sandberg and Matt Manas, seniors at Eau Claire's Regis High School, stood out from the pack in matching suits and baseball caps. They had decided to dress like Trump himself that night in lieu of Americana gear.

"We're not afraid to show that we enjoy being Americans, and Trump portrays being a good American," Sandberg explained.

quote:

Manas, a young entrepreneur with a sock business whose Twitter bio reads "Bros do Bro Things" and who made a point of checking himself out in his iPhone camera in selfie mode before speaking with a reporter, piped in enthusiastically.

"I love women!" he said.

Trump took the stage, and they screamed.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Donald Trump Jacked Up His Campaign’s Trump Tower Rent Once Somebody Else Was Paying It

quote:

Trump nearly quintupled the monthly rent his presidential campaign pays for its headquarters at Trump Tower to $169,758 in July, when he was raising funds from donors, compared with March, when he was self-funding his campaign, according to a Huffington Post review of Federal Election Commission filings. The rent jumped even though he was paying fewer staff in July than he did in March.

The Trump campaign paid Trump Tower Commercial LLC $35,458 in March ― the same amount it had been paying since last summer ― and had 197 paid employees and consultants. In July, it paid 172 employees and consultants.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Iron Crowned posted:

I imagine Trump's emails just consist of MSPaint drawings of Trump's enemies with stink lines coming off of them

Its full of email confirmations for fake nude celebrity sites

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

quote:

"There is a sentiment among frat guys, lacrosse players and middle class affluent white kids that they are kind of getting persecuted lately," Portnoy told CBS News.

This is the kind of thing that'd get written out of a comedy sketch for being too on the nose.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

*donates my minimum wage check to a fake-rear end campaign that's prelude to a television network scam so a political operative can stay in my candidate's overpriced manhattan high-rise apartment* finally! a voice for the working stiff!

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

so you get 12 of your frat bros and shirts that say

DON ALD 1 PREZ
DON ALD 2 PREZ
DON ALD 4 PREZ

and you release them all at a trump rally

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times
Edward Bourke looks like his mother got triple-teamed by Guybrush Threepwood, Fetal Alcohol Syndrome, and a Dreamworks character that I can't quite put my finger on.

And the bullies probably ignore him. He goes so far past bully target that they probably can't even detect him, he's like a shadow in the corner of their eyes. That guy gets wedgied by the school loser.

Also, random insult about being what they base trophy handles on.

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

Squizzle posted:

uhh

Only registered members can see post attachments!

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
nobody knows who that is a picture of, but it looks old so im guessing you're old and shouldn't be near computers

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Bannon also had an idea for a movie musical that even Lin-Manuel Miranda might find too aggressively left field: to take Shakespeare’s Coriolanus (based on the life of the Roman leader Caius Marcius Coriolanus) and, according to Jones, “make a rap film out of it set in South Central during the L.A. riots—that was Steve’s idea.”

A copy of excerpts of the screenplay that was shared with The Daily Beast—The Thing I Am, written by Jones and Bannon—includes rap music, racial tensions aplenty, looting, gangster “foot-soldiers,” and chaos at “ground zero of the 1992 L.A. riots.”

Coriolanus’s Menenius Agrippa, a senator of Rome, is recast as “Agrippa, ‘Mack Daddy’ of South Central, an ORIGINAL GANGSTA (O.G.) upper-echelon Blood.”

The rap lyrics were penned mostly by Jones and the son of Wendy Colbert, Bannon’s assistant. “Steve [then] added stuff—all the ‘dudes’ are him,” Jones recalled. “It’s not strictly rap. It’s more Shakespeare in rap [music].”

“You choose. To act and die—or lie ’neath whitey’s boot!” the gang-member version of “BRUTUS” declares, standing on a chair, “talking trash, shouting to be heard.”

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

couldn't be worse than the ralph fiennes version

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

mandatory lesbian posted:

nobody knows who that is a picture of, but it looks old so im guessing you're old and shouldn't be near computers

It's Captain Merik

And yes I'm old but STTOS is hardly obscure among the youngsters

oo hold on my oxygen tube slipped brb

Not a Twat
Oct 11, 2010

Oops you almost got away without your Diddy

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

Someone should do a write up of "Ed Balls" in SAclopedia while anyone can remember what the hell it means

Ed Balls isn't some obscure SA injoke its a british national holiday (28 April)!

this is cultural appropriation.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Please Mr. Trump the winning it is too much.
-Paul Ryan just before head exploded

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

This could be one of the best articles I've read this election

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/meet-the-trump-bros/

Meet the Trump Bros

okay but hear me out: what if we deported all the white people

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/wpjenna/status/768076383692009473

ahahahhahahh

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

frankenbeans posted:

Edward Bourke looks like his mother got triple-teamed by Guybrush Threepwood, Fetal Alcohol Syndrome, and a Dreamworks character that I can't quite put my finger on.

And the bullies probably ignore him. He goes so far past bully target that they probably can't even detect him, he's like a shadow in the corner of their eyes. That guy gets wedgied by the school loser.

Also, random insult about being what they base trophy handles on.

edward bourke looks like matt smith entering cryptobiosis

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

FizFashizzle posted:

couldn't be worse than the ralph fiennes version

Ralph Nathaniel Twysleton-Wykeham-Fiennes.

You cannot just drop the man's name without referencing it in full.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

This will play well with the base. Winning strategy, Trump.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

rip Ray

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

frankenbeans posted:

lmfao

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Squizzle posted:

so you get 12 of your frat bros and shirts that say

DON ALD 1 PREZ
DON ALD 2 PREZ
DON ALD 4 PREZ

and you release them all at a trump rally

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Imagine if he'd said "my immigration plan is Obama's but more energy" during the primaries

• Locked thread