Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
Ugh. I guess I should post my butchered pack because I am on the bleeding edge. I figured you all were ahead of me. I just want to up the oregen first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Ugh. I guess I should post my butchered pack because I am on the bleeding edge. I figured you all were ahead of me. I just want to up the oregen first.

I love BFSR, but without GC, I wouldn't publish under that particular banner. I'd leave the space race until there's space to which to race. Maybe another focus?

eg I started out focusing on dimensions for my pack but a.) it's still the server killer dim-switching always was, and b.) without tesseracts whoo - though Mek may solve that problem.

And then there's questing - I dunno even know if the current questing mod is any good.

Take your time. Maybe ask more questions, think it through a little more. E: after all, BFSR was initially just a "quick" project. I wouldn't mind seeing the initial space goal retired, and a new focus.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy
I just switched all my tesseracts to entangloporters and everything seems to be running fine except for the oddness of having to remember to click the Auto-Eject buttons to make the thing input/output. Also, can't input AND output everything using a single face. But it can, say, input energy and output liquids and items on a single face.

Update: they don't automatically pull liquids out of/push liquids into BR coolant ports though. :(

..also don't use them on a Mekanism version earlier than v9.1, or they'll break on server restart. :negative:

Black Pants fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Aug 21, 2016

blackflare
Dec 6, 2004

I am a Purrrfect Princess

Is anyone running a modded 1.10 server with people playing?

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Solid Poopsnake posted:

I love BFSR, but without GC, I wouldn't publish under that particular banner. I'd leave the space race until there's space to which to race. Maybe another focus?

eg I started out focusing on dimensions for my pack but a.) it's still the server killer dim-switching always was, and b.) without tesseracts whoo - though Mek may solve that problem.

And then there's questing - I dunno even know if the current questing mod is any good.

Take your time. Maybe ask more questions, think it through a little more. E: after all, BFSR was initially just a "quick" project. I wouldn't mind seeing the initial space goal retired, and a new focus.
I had no plan to try to do a BFSR 1.10.2 release until the basics are in place. It just looks like various folks are just reaching into the dark for a 1.10.2 pack, and it may be easier to figure out what is going on if there was a baseline.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

blackflare posted:

Is anyone running a modded 1.10 server with people playing?

Starfleet dental from guild wars 2 have a 1.10.2 server in PGS; seems to be functional but there's not many people playing right now. That could change...

I can't get the destruction catalyst to work in 1.10.2, it says 'stored emc = 0'. I have a klein star but it doesn't seem to want to draw emc from it. I also tried charging it with the tablet and an antimatter relay but neither one worked.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
Oh my god, look at this GUI for Tinkers' Construct in 1.10.2. LOOK AT IT. WE HAVE TABS FOR DIFFERENT BUILDERS! Do all the crafting from stencil to finished good without leaving the GUI!

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

What's the bleeding-edge modpack of choice these days?

Gimpanse
Jul 15, 2013

quote:

5. Applied Energistics (or alternative) that can do spatial storage. Unless I want to throw out a major part of the BFSR update I made.

Working on it. (https://github.com/AEModernMCPort/Applied-Energistics-2)

The actual gameplay portion didn't get that destroyed by MC 1.10 (or rather, Algo already ported that to 1.8).
But rendering... whew...

blackflare
Dec 6, 2004

I am a Purrrfect Princess

Ambaire posted:

Starfleet dental from guild wars 2 have a 1.10.2 server in PGS; seems to be functional but there's not many people playing right now. That could change...

I can't get the destruction catalyst to work in 1.10.2, it says 'stored emc = 0'. I have a klein star but it doesn't seem to want to draw emc from it. I also tried charging it with the tablet and an antimatter relay but neither one worked.

I saw that server but it looks like its guild only...

e: hurray \/

blackflare fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Aug 21, 2016

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

blackflare posted:

I saw that server but it looks like its guild only...

From the OP of said server thread:

quote:

This is a small guild-only server that we've decided to open up to get more nerds to sperg out with.

e.
Psi is in that 1.10.2 modpack... and goddamn is this fun. I just created a spell that selects a random entity from a radius where I'm looking and shoves it in the direction the entity is looking.

This is so cool...

Ambaire fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Aug 21, 2016

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

What current mid-late game power gen for RF is available in 1.10.2 right now? Previously my progression was basically generic junkie coal furnace gen to dynamos to big reactors. I'm going to play with Mekanism fusion at some point, but that's like, realllllll late game for me.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Hey, I'm trying to build an area to use as a Railcraft tutorial area, of sorts. So far, I've got the coke oven, blast furnace, rock crusher, and a big steam boiler set up with signs explaining things, and a little bit of machinery set up to autocraft wood planks to railroad ties. I'm building a room right now for the electronics workshop, where the signal boxes and associated devices will be explained. My question is what else should I add? I figured a display showing the recipes for the two engines, the basic cart and a few track types would be good, as well as maybe some very basic explanation on signal control. Does that cover all the basics? Should I add, change, or remove anything?

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

CrazyTolradi posted:

What current mid-late game power gen for RF is available in 1.10.2 right now? Previously my progression was basically generic junkie coal furnace gen to dynamos to big reactors. I'm going to play with Mekanism fusion at some point, but that's like, realllllll late game for me.

Mekanism turbine.

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Black Pants posted:

Mekanism turbine.

What about Advanced generactors? They're advanced.

I still run my base on a combo of wind and hydrogen power from Mek (THANKS BLACK PANTS!).

lolmer
Jan 21, 2014

Ambaire posted:

Project E isn't actually out for 1.10.2, you're using a 1.9.4 beta release (as am I). :) Gem armour is also uncraftable, as are anything past the most basic klein stars. Right-click abilities of tools/weapons also don't work.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

lolmer posted:

Project E isn't actually out for 1.10.2, you're using a 1.9.4 beta release (as am I). :) Gem armour is also uncraftable, as are anything past the most basic klein stars. Right-click abilities of tools/weapons also don't work.

I just launched that 1.10.2 modpack in singleplayer test mode and I can craft klein star omegas and gem armor just fine.

Ambaire fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Aug 22, 2016

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
My first impression of ExtraUtils2 in 1.10.2 is that is not too useful. I was hoping maybe the base recipe would give me something like a survivalist generator. Instead, it gave me something that instantly devoured anything for a small handful of RF power.

How is RF power working without any of the CoFH stuff anyways?

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

I remember reading something about the RF API being ported to new versions extremely quickly but the rest of the mod taking a while to port.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

My first impression of ExtraUtils2 in 1.10.2 is that is not too useful. I was hoping maybe the base recipe would give me something like a survivalist generator. Instead, it gave me something that instantly devoured anything for a small handful of RF power.

ExtraUtils2 seems to be just about GP gimmick stuff now... There is a mod named Simple Generators that has furnace, ender, culinary and lava generators... but it seems to have some bugs. Advanced generators seems to be king of 1.10.2 power generation at least for now. There's also Progressive Automation and Industrialcraft 2 is still alive and kicking, astonishingly. And Mekanism has a pile of stuff, including king Fusion.

e.
You ever go 'I want to watch the world burn'? Well, IC2 nukes now dynamically scale depending on how much industrial tnt and plutonium you put into them. A nuke with 1 plutonium and 1 tnt does a disappointingly small 5^3 cube or so, but one with a stack of each... well.

e2. Stack of TNT + 1 plutonium does 10 radius sphere, Stack of plutonium + 1 TNT does .. 2 radius sphere. Not terribly intuitive.

e3. Holy mother of god. I detonated a vertical line of nukes... and they don't seem to have a blast radius cap. Each successive one ate another 10 blocks or so from an increasingly expanding crater reaching all the way to bedrock.

e4. 18 maxed out nukes later on a new world...

The brown stuff left at the bottom is Environtech hardened stone.

Ambaire fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Aug 22, 2016

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
I tend to use Actually additions which has a basic generator but that is usually just to get a canola oil generator started which I usually stick with up until I get some ethanol going.

Actually additions has a ton of random poo poo in it, and is generally pretty useful.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

OgNar posted:

I tend to use Actually additions which has a basic generator but that is usually just to get a canola oil generator started which I usually stick with up until I get some ethanol going.

Actually additions has a ton of random poo poo in it, and is generally pretty useful.
Yeah, it's not a bad mod, lots of all-round handy stuff, it kind of reminds me of what Extra Utils used to be like a bit.

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

My first impression of ExtraUtils2 in 1.10.2 is that is not too useful.
Yeah, half of the really great poo poo that was in ExtraUtils 1, like the Enderthermic pump, division sigil, the glass that players could walk through and not mobs, it's all gone. The basic generators were usually my first go to RF generation too, but now they're all changed and need special drops from redstone ore. The mod kind of feels like it didn't really transition post-1.7.10 too well. Or 1.7.10 spoiled us.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
I was thinking I'd check out latest version of Psi since I've never played with it before and make a 1.10 pack for it but the mod list site in the OP is really not working out for the latest mods.... what would people say is essential to include. I don't really want to include any magic or tech mods beyond psi, just looking to make sure I don't miss any essential features like mapping, inventory tweaks, etc.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Also, anyone looking for an AE2-like mod while we wait for AE2 to update, Correlated Potentialistics is a new mod inspired by AE2 and is basically a VERY simple storage system (no cables or networking here, folks) with a controller, terminal, drive bay, interface for machines and a wireless transmitter and receiver (one way) with a wireless terminal. It's not a bad little mod, uses similar storage math to what AE2 has and while the wireless range is limited to 64 blocks, you can change this in the config or build repeaters (or a mix thereof).

EDIT: Also, the way you put drives into drive bays is cool (no GUI).

CrazyTolradi fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Aug 23, 2016

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
Refined Storage is also a thing, similar to AE2 but the drives just have flat item storage limits, no type discrimination. It's certainly no AE2 tho, and JEI doesn't work with items in the terminal window.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Ambaire posted:

Refined Storage is also a thing, similar to AE2 but the drives just have flat item storage limits, no type discrimination. It's certainly no AE2 tho, and JEI doesn't work with items in the terminal window.
This problem also exists in Correlated Potentialistics, it's a tad annoying but probably my only real complaint.

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

I am looking for a modpack that has realistic terrain gen. Something that is pretty balanced would be awesome, don't need a kitchen sink, but some stuff would be fun. Iguana tweaks and realistic terrain is like the only thing I really crave, because I like upgrading my tools.

Any modpack on a later version than what people usually use?

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I don't think those things exist for anything beyond 1.7.10.

Also those are insanely vague search parameters.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Even in 1.7.10, RTG had some horrible issues with dirt/sand/podzol noise around beaches with it almost looking like huge chunks and not following the terrain very well. I'm fairly sure it was a recurring issue as it's still in the 1.10.2 snapshot that came out yesterday or so. I love that mod's mountains and overall terrain gen as it's amazing but that issue just makes it all look blurg and gross on maps.

Also, no Iguana Tweaks in 1.10.2 yet, much sadness. The Tinkers Alloying Addon isn't too bad, though.

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

Black Pants posted:

I don't think those things exist for anything beyond 1.7.10.

Also those are insanely vague search parameters.

Really, I just want something that has realistic terrain generation like one of the goons servers used, I am just not sure which is good and would rather just use a pack.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
Rewinding a page.

Solid Poopsnake posted:

Rocko, I think Actually Additions does what you want in terms of IDs maybe?
I had just installed that to get the generators, and now I see what you mean. It wasn't obvious it added expanded data when hitting the CTRL key. Whatever it gave me for the Mekanism ore blocks appears to have actually worked with OreSpawn. I think it was a capitalization issue after all. Copper was "mekanism:OreBlock" with a metadata value of 1.

On the top of power generator, the RFTools seems to be okay. It's 60RF/tick, but it does seem to eat up fuel. I am not sure, but it seems like everything just devours fuel now. Vanilla furnaces seem to be terrible with wood. Did they reduce their effectiveness? I used to ultimately just use a lot of logs since it seemed unit-for-unit that it was more efficient that making charcoal first. Now it seems like a mess either way.

lolmer
Jan 21, 2014

Sistergodiva posted:

I am looking for a modpack that has realistic terrain gen. Something that is pretty balanced would be awesome, don't need a kitchen sink, but some stuff would be fun. Iguana tweaks and realistic terrain is like the only thing I really crave, because I like upgrading my tools.

Any modpack on a later version than what people usually use?

Note that Tinker's Construct for Minecraft 1.10 allows you to upgrade your tools by default. At least, I was able to upgrade the wooden pickaxe handle to bronze using the TiC Tool Forge.

Ambaire posted:

I just launched that 1.10.2 modpack in singleplayer test mode and I can craft klein star omegas and gem armor just fine.

Weird, mine doesn't show any recipe for the any Klein Star after Ein (the first). I have ProjectE 1.9.4-PE1.0.5B installed for Minecraft 1.10.2 and forge 12.18.1.2011 (latest stable). Default configs on every mod installed.

EDIT: Add reply to Ambaire

lolmer fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Aug 23, 2016

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

lolmer posted:

Weird, mine doesn't show any recipe for the any Klein Star after Ein (the first). I have ProjectE 1.9.4-PE1.0.5B installed for Minecraft 1.10.2 and forge 12.18.1.2011 (latest stable). Default configs on every mod installed.

Just because it doesn't show recipes doesn't mean they aren't craftable. My pack doesn't show recipes for anything after the first but they craft just fine.

lolmer
Jan 21, 2014

Ambaire posted:

Just because it doesn't show recipes doesn't mean they aren't craftable. My pack doesn't show recipes for anything after the first but they craft just fine.

For great justice! (it works ;)). I had been assuming that JEI presented complete and correct information on what was, or was not, craftable.

Do the special abilities work for you (e.g. right-click with a red matter pickaxe to veinmine ore)?

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Is there a mod that makes Minecraft more like an RPG, with magic? Basically I want to run around levelling up and shooting lightning bolts.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

mike12345 posted:

Is there a mod that makes Minecraft more like an RPG, with magic? Basically I want to run around levelling up and shooting lightning bolts.

Ars Magica 2 is pretty much this.

lolmer posted:

For great justice! (it works ;)). I had been assuming that JEI presented complete and correct information on what was, or was not, craftable.

Do the special abilities work for you (e.g. right-click with a red matter pickaxe to veinmine ore)?

Ha ha ha, no. Back in a 1.7.10 pack, NEI was notorious for either not showing IC2 crafting recipes or crashing when you tried to show certain ones. That may have been 1.6.4, I forget.

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Sistergodiva posted:

Really, I just want something that has realistic terrain generation like one of the goons servers used, I am just not sure which is good and would rather just use a pack.

Quark has an okay RTG. If you don't want the items, i'm sure you could tweak/config them out. For 1.10.2, i mean. I tried running the actual Realistic Terrain Generator mod off Curse for the same version, just a crashy little bitch.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Solid Poopsnake posted:

Quark has an okay RTG. If you don't want the items, i'm sure you could tweak/config them out. For 1.10.2, i mean. I tried running the actual Realistic Terrain Generator mod off Curse for the same version, just a crashy little bitch.
I haven't tried Quark's RTG yet, haven't had actual RTG crash on me yet when testing, though I know it can be troublesome from 1.7.10 when handling other mods that do world gen stuff too (IIRC Railcraft and Buildcraft, maybe some others, Botania possibly).

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Ambaire posted:

Ars Magica 2 is pretty much this.

yeah that looks really cool. but I'm dumb and don't know how to get it working. Ugh.

e: found a giant modpack that includes it (mystical realms)

mike12345 fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Aug 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

mike12345 posted:

yeah that looks really cool. but I'm dumb and don't know how to get it working. Ugh.

e: found a giant modpack that includes it (mystical realms)

You need to make a book and an itemframe, then find a pool of oddly blue liquid (liquid ethereum or something). Place the itemframe above the pool, put the book into it, and it'll turn into the manual for the mod. Stuff unlocks in it as you level up and discover things. It orders its tabs weird but it will tell you how to make everything.