Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Invisible inc ps4 needs to go on sale soon gently caress you sony and whoever made it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Ularg posted:

Like, Furi is pretty cool but going through my PS+ library the last PS+ title I thought was really good was Rocket League.

Furi actually owns like insanely hard though.

Real hurthling! posted:

Invisible inc ps4 needs to go on sale soon gently caress you sony and whoever made it!

:agreed:

I already bought it on PC but feel like it'd be more fun as a couch game.

e: Like oddly enough I enjoy the PS4 version of This War of Mine to the PC version :shrug:

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

precision posted:

Furi actually owns like insanely hard though.

Totally agreed. I was just kinda sad going through my Library of PS+ games on my PS4 looking for something to download and only coming up with Furi.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

If they add psvr free games I'll be more OK with fuckin $80 per year.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Is there any way to go through your library and tell which titles are contingent on PS+? Because I no longer have any idea what I'd be losing out on. There's a ton of stuff that I "bought" but never played.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Fix posted:

Is there any way to go through your library and tell which titles are contingent on PS+? Because I no longer have any idea what I'd be losing out on. There's a ton of stuff that I "bought" but never played.

PS+ tab on the main dashboard, and scroll down to "My PS Plus games".

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

If they add psvr free games I'll be more OK with fuckin $80 per year.
God if they do PSVR games though people are going to lose their loving poo poo with the whining. I'm all for it.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Of course people aren't going to be happy spending $60 a year for games they can't play. Especially since it would probably replace one of the games they could have been playing. If they added PSVR games to the monthly rotation without taking away one of their other game slots I can see it being fair.

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

I already bought the chicken
itd be nice to have a cheaper option with no games, in this gamers opinion.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy

homeless snail posted:

God if they do PSVR games though people are going to lose their loving poo poo with the whining. I'm all for it.

Based on the current selection of VR games, this doesn't seem too far fetched!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yoya posted:

itd be nice to have a cheaper option with no games, in this gamers opinion.

it'd also be nice to have a bundle option so you can get their tv and other services at a discount if you got them all

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Real hurthling! posted:

it'd also be nice to have a bundle option so you can get their tv and other services at a discount if you got them all

Yea, services like Amazon Prime just kind of shove everything your way hoping one of them will keep you subed.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

like i'd pay more per year if i got tv, streaming games, free or discount movie rentals, and ps+

it'll never happen though.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Ularg posted:

Yea, services like Amazon Prime just kind of shove everything your way hoping one of them will keep you subed.

Even Prime is starting to offer "premium" things like additional movie categories for a few dollars a month now. :(

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
They're building up to a bundle with PS Now and PS Vue

Nija
Mar 2, 2003
F A C K
I'm waiting for Alienation to show up on Plus. I'm almost positive it will. $20 and hasn't ever gone on sale?

Not that $20 is too much, it's just that I hate paying full price for anything.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
If they get rid of the ps3 and or vita go for it.

They need to come up with some other benefit.

Maybe some hours of that psnow or whatever.

We have to put up with it, but its a poo poo time to do it becaus ps+ isn't where it was mid-life ps3 yet.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nija posted:

I'm waiting for Alienation to show up on Plus. I'm almost positive it will. $20 and hasn't ever gone on sale?

It might but its like the only indie game ive bought this year that has survived on my ps4 because its so fuggin good i got the season pass too.

Just gave up 25% of the way through chronicles of teddy. Games controls are frustrating as gently caress and the music is painfully repetitive.

Time for more sweet alienation because snk made kof unlock in 12 hours instead of at midnight by accident.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

rez infinite being a ps+ game would fuckin own actually

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Were y'all bitching about the PSN price hike? That's what I thought. In this crazy world, at least I can rely on this one constant. :smith:

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

I already bought the chicken
cool! the web store kept giving me errors that specifically told me I wasnt being charged trying to get 1 year of plus but apparently it charged me every time and now im topped up till 2019. i dont look forward to trying to wrestle support tomorrow

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Ryoga posted:

PS+ tab on the main dashboard, and scroll down to "My PS Plus games".

Thanks!

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

hey pal, you just saved $30!

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Nija posted:

Same, I've been waiting on this game to get a decent sale for a while now.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
So, I see that Bound is now out and I recall seeing footage of it and it looks gorgeous and neat, but it also doesn't show exactly what the gameplay is.

I was pleasantly surprised by Furi but that was free. Is Bound worth the money or is it just all looks and no action?

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

8-Bit Scholar posted:

So, I see that Bound is now out and I recall seeing footage of it and it looks gorgeous and neat, but it also doesn't show exactly what the gameplay is.

I was pleasantly surprised by Furi but that was free. Is Bound worth the money or is it just all looks and no action?

a bunch of people in either this thread or the PS4 thread said that the idea was better than the execution. unless you're super into the concept, it might be worth trying to watch some gameplay video first to see if it looks like something you want

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/768111643544780800

Price hike in anticipation of PC users joining in apparently.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dehry posted:

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/768111643544780800

This was leaked about a week ago

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Dehry posted:

PS+ and PS Now are completely independent services (currently), and the latter isn't getting a price hike.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I know that, but having access to PS3 games will drive some users to PS4 for the sequels. That result will be more plus subscribers.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

:burger:

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

That's just a pretender man. There is only corn love.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
So, you can buy the dynamic theme, or literally go out and get that actual burger for $3.99.

Either way there is far too much mayo on that.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Man, seeing that reviews of Armikrog were apparently really pretty bad is disappointing. I had completely forgotten that game since I saw its kickstarter and I was briefly excited to see it was coming to PS4, just to find that it was apparently poo poo. Can anyone confirm or deny its quality?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Wondered if we were suppose to get the flash sale this week, as there literally nothing on sale outside of the weekly Atlus stuff.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

I wonder how well these dynamic themes sell and if its worth it to become a PS4 developer simply to make themes based on the latest memes and other ironic interests of millennials.

Rirse posted:

Wondered if we were suppose to get the flash sale this week, as there literally nothing on sale outside of the weekly Atlus stuff.

We just had one.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###
There is a King of Fighters XIV dynamic theme (or so it claims) for a penny:

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/themes/the-king-of-fighters-xiv-dynamic-theme-'gals'-fighters'/cid=UP2611-CUSA05533_00-0000KOF14THEME03

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Watrick posted:

There is a King of Fighters XIV dynamic theme (or so it claims) for a penny:

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/themes/the-king-of-fighters-xiv-dynamic-theme-'gals'-fighters'/cid=UP2611-CUSA05533_00-0000KOF14THEME03

gently caress, Canadian dollar is hella-hosed, it's 49 cents here. :retrogames:

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.
Ha, these are so great...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Ularg posted:

Of course people aren't going to be happy spending $60 a year for games they can't play. Especially since it would probably replace one of the games they could have been playing. If they added PSVR games to the monthly rotation without taking away one of their other game slots I can see it being fair.
Considering how many VR games are one to thirty minute tech demos, it should be easy for them to provide free PSVR 'games' until they stop making PSVRs altogether

• Locked thread