Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Paladinus posted:

Look. I've been to Amsterdam just last week. This is not how people look after smoking some weed at a cafe. In this particular case, since they had to fly all the way from Australia, it's safe to say they didn't have enough sleep, so their eyes got red essentially after a sleepless night.

Your posts give me red eyes because you are incredibly dense and it made me pop a blood vessel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Inzombiac posted:

Your posts give me red eyes because you are incredibly dense and it made me pop a blood vessel.

Jesus Christ stop responding to this person. Read ONE page of his post history. His gimmick is that he's a Giant Retard, constantly Advocating for an even more retarded Devil

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

conjunctivitus sounds like a spell that a wizard or witch would cast, so it can't be that because megg is clearly as much of an abject failure at magic as she is at every other aspect of her life
just like everyone in that comic

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Jesus Christ stop responding to this person. Read ONE page of his post history. His gimmick is that he's a Giant Retard, constantly Advocating for an even more retarded Devil

My dude, who has time to go and read someone's post history.

(Don't read mine, I'm terrible)

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Cicadas! posted:

conjunctivitus sounds like a spell that a wizard or witch would cast, so it can't be that because megg is clearly as much of an abject failure at magic as she is at every other aspect of her life
just like everyone in that comic

There is actually a part in Harry Potter where a kid casts a spell to give a dragon conjunctivitis.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Actually, I've posted more than one funny comic in this thread. And I will post even more funny comics in the future.

Well, if American Dad (?) thinks that eyes get red from smoking weed... And even then the joke is that the owner of that buckle clearly knows very little about drugs.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

thecluckmeme posted:

TGT is a better comic than MM&O

Achewood is a better comic than MM&O.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Geniasis posted:

Achewood is a better comic than MM&O.

They are all good.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Just Offscreen posted:

They are all good.

Obviously a lot of people think so, but I just don't see the appeal of this one.

:shrug:

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

thank you for the funny comic friend

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
The funniest thing about mm&o is that record said wu tang instead of ... I don't know really? What should it have said? Tiny tim? Ace of base? GG Allin?

E: Linkin park. Pretty sure I expected Linkin park.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Gorilla Salad posted:

Pffft, everyone knows the Dutch are riddles with disease.

We walk in the morning on four legs, on two legs in the afternoon, and in the evening we give you scabies.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

We need all those diseases, because there is always room for more profanity.

doodlebugs
Feb 18, 2015

by Lowtax

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

what is 'up the daugs'?

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Not much. What is up the with you?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Cicadas! posted:

Not much. What is up the with you?

ayyyyyyy

:hehe::hf::hehe:

Bill Dungsroman
Nov 24, 2006

Does anyone have a link to that weird black and white comic that gets posted a lot, the one with the skeleton or whatever that turns into "squirxical jelly" or something like that, and drips down into a cavern with a cityscape composed of jelly drips? tia

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Here you go. It was done by Mat Brinkman, but I couldn't find a better/more official source for it.

Bill Dungsroman
Nov 24, 2006

Tuxedo Ted posted:

Here you go. It was done by Mat Brinkman, but I couldn't find a better/more official source for it.

Yeahhh that's the stuff, thanks

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Bill Dungsroman posted:

Yeahhh that's the stuff, thanks

How on earth did you remember it in such fine detail and yet couldn't find it??

You even spelled squirxical right!

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

I'm the eyes in the window

Desmodus rotundus
Sep 15, 2013

HAY GUYS

Tuxedo Ted posted:

Does anyone know if there were any other parts to this or is it just a one-off?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Desmodus rotundus posted:

Does anyone know if there were any other parts to this or is it just a one-off?

They were collected in a book called Multiforce, but it's out of print now.

https://vk.com/photo-91202310_375422622

Brewmaster
Dec 10, 2007

Hi! I'm awkward.
It's probably already been posted, but this election cycle got me like

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
What's with all the image hosting fuckups lately? Did something change?

Melondog
Oct 9, 2006

:yeshaha:

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

What's with all the image hosting fuckups lately? Did something change?

Well that above was a hotlink (and should probably be changed)

But Imgur by default gives you a link lacking the image extension now and I guess people are too lazy to tack it on manually before posting because :justpost:

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Segmentation Fox posted:

Well that above was a hotlink (and should probably be changed)

But Imgur by default gives you a link lacking the image extension now and I guess people are too lazy to tack it on manually before posting because :justpost:

I always opened each imgur image in a new tab and never learned any fancy smancy tricks, so the only thing that the new imgur update really messed me up with is the stuff uploading out of order

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

Segmentation Fox posted:

:confused: right click the image after uploading, select share options, get bbcode. yeah it's not right in front of your face but it's not gone.

Brewmaster
Dec 10, 2007

Hi! I'm awkward.
Sorry I'm dumb, I just wanted to share funny comics :(

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Bill Dungsroman posted:

Does anyone have a link to that weird black and white comic that gets posted a lot, the one with the skeleton or whatever that turns into "squirxical jelly" or something like that, and drips down into a cavern with a cityscape composed of jelly drips? tia
I have seen Skeleton Jelly easily double-digit times and I never realized that the ruined ultraviolet city was made of other digested skeleton jellies :eyepop:

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Brewmaster posted:

Sorry I'm dumb, I just wanted to share funny comics :(

But you didn't post Achewood?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I have seen Skeleton Jelly easily double-digit times and I never realized that the ruined ultraviolet city was made of other digested skeleton jellies :eyepop:

Die jested

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuggan
Jul 17, 2006

Always rolling skulls.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

According to a dude on reddit, its about endochondral ossification.

Reddit posted:

I could be mistaken, but i believe this is a comic about endochondral ossification. Skeleton jelly is essentially a chondrocyte (cartilage cell) which hypertrophies (drinks the well) and dies (gets eaten). He then cacifies (squirxical jelly) and then drips into ultraviolet city, which looks suspiciously like the trabeculae of ossified bone. I'm pretty sure it's not all a coincidence, it made me chuckle.

Soo... what's the little guy whose brain is made of animals?

You know, that is the one thing I really couldn't put my finger on. I looked over the comic again after reading your comment and noticed a few other interesting things though. After meeting tiny animals brain dude, Skeleton Jelly says "Am I Skull Town Jelly? No! I am Skeleton Jelly." This line caught my eye not only because of the play on words, but because bones of the skull and general cranial region ossify through Intramembranous Ossification, which is a very different process compared to the Endochondral Ossification that Skeleton Jelly goes through. Hence, his violent reaction against becoming Skull Town Jelly.

The man with many hands and eyes that Skeleton Jelly meets reminds me of the Hypothalamus gland in that it is the main link between the endocrine and nervous system. The hypothalamus receives a lot of information and dictates a lot of developmental instruction, explaining the 360 degree vision and all the hands held like traffic signs.

To me, the well is just a source of ground substance, which helps alter a chondrocyte's chemical makeup to prepare it for apoptosis and ossification.

The guy who chews up Skeleton Jelly represents the mechanism by which chondrocytes perform apoptosis, but we don't exactly know what that mechanism is yet, so I can't say for sure. (Osteoblasts is what I assume, but more research must be done).

The last character our Jelly meets is my favourite. Taking my previous assumptions to be correct, Jelly must be inside a human body, and the squares of all the walls are various cells, right? Well we meet this alien-shaped character who looks almost human - at least in the early developmental stages. My guess is a fetus for that reason, and Jelly must be in a pregnant woman. This makes sense to me as well because the female pelvis expands and gets slightly denser in late term pregnancies to support more weight, correct center of mass, etc...

Of course the comic falls closer to making a commentary about the crises of identity and existentialism, but I couldn't help but notice the parallels between the working human anatomy and Skeleton Jelly's little adventure.

• Locked thread