Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

quote:

the internet is always, always ready to gently caress you up.

Yup.

Lol, these comments

quote:

It’s cool, guys. As usual, King was riding the news cycle.

quote:

I wish he would pedal his dad humor elsewhere.

quote:

People sure got huffy about it. The guy just can’t schwin.

quote:

I tire of all these puns.

quote:

Mine did fall a little flat, I should probably switch gears.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Aug 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

NC-17 posted:

lol he doesn't even drive himself

Why would he? He's used to the walking and mass transit paradise that is NYC.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
it makes me sad that it was jenny vrentas driving like such a jackass

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

v2vian man posted:

it makes me sad that it was jenny vrentas driving like such a jackass

I glanced at her twitter and she said they went a 'few hundred feet' before turning off, but still. Don't drive in bike lanes. Or let Peter King bully you around in general.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Grittybeard posted:

I glanced at her twitter and she said they went a 'few hundred feet' before turning off, but still. Don't drive in bike lanes. Or let Peter King bully you around in general.

I like her half-assed apology. "I did it for my boss!":qq: You know who else did it for their boss? Oskar Dirlewanger.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

I would most definitely run over someone on these forums riding a bike for a six figure salary

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Chichevache posted:

I like her half-assed apology. "I did it for my boss!":qq: You know who else did it for their boss? Oskar Dirlewanger.

Reichsführer-SS Peter King demands your unflinching loyalty

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Dr_Strangelove posted:

Reichsführer-SS Peter King demands your unflinching loyalty

We must secure the existence of our journalists and a future for hot takes.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Reichsführer-SS Peter King tweets: Stopped at Starbucks and the Barista offered me the new Buckenwald roast.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Asked restaurant host: "God, did you hear about Hitler?" Host: "No." Me: "Died. He killed himself." Thought he would cry.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Asked restaurant host: "God, did you hear about Hitler?" Host: "No." Me: "Died. He killed himself." Thought he would cry.

5'd

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

god-Winning :bravo:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The more you start thinking about nazi-Peter King quotes, the closer you get to Peter T. King quotes.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Kalli posted:

The more you start thinking about nazi-Peter King quotes, the closer you get to Peter T. King quotes.

I just spent 30 minutes reading up on Amon Goeth for a bad joke I never made. This is what I do for fun. :psyduck:

https://twitter.com/SI_PeterKing/status/723709413362679809

https://twitter.com/SI_PeterKing/status/767803302465589248

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Pat Tillman gets fragged by his own side and he's a hero but it happens to Geno and he has maturity issues

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
That's fine.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Peter King bitched and moaned for years about the greatest punter of all time getting in but he wants a mediocre guy who got tk'ed in the desert to go in the first round?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Tillman managed an interception 7000 miles from a football stadium.

Put him in the hall.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Kalli posted:

holy poo poo hahahahaha

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Peter King bitched and moaned for years about the greatest punter of all time getting in but he wants a mediocre guy who got tk'ed in the desert to go in the first round?

i think Peter is saying he doesn't want Pat Tillman in the HOF?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Pron on VHS posted:

i think Peter is saying he doesn't want Pat Tillman in the HOF?

I interpreted not mine to be Peter King "humble" empty quoting

Peter King doesn't seem the type to call the HoF "his"

Kalli posted:

Put him in the hall.

please if anything it was OPI

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
King is against Tillman in the Hall.

Ray Guy shouldn't be there either.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I always thought that statue was whitewashing things a bit.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

Sorry wrong idiot for being so idiot wrong

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Mel Mudkiper posted:

it feels like he is saying "he's not on my list, friend"

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

please if anything it was OPI

If you look it up he clarifies that he doesn't want Tillman in the Hall. For him to make a point to tweet that picture feels to me like he's trying to lessen the blowback he got in April for bothering to make the first tweet about Tillman.

Kalli posted:

Put him in the hall.

Nice.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Tillman was shot because those marines didn't have Omar around to hold them accountable

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

I like the fact that Guy being in makes you mad, shitboy

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

hifi posted:

I would most definitely run over someone on these forums riding a bike for a six figure salary

I for one appreciate your honesty.

Kalli posted:

Put him in the hall.

oh my god...

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Aug 24, 2016

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I dont see why Tillman can't go in as a contributor instead of a player if people are going to be so uppity about his work as a player.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

NC-17 posted:

I always thought that statue was whitewashing things a bit.

lmao

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

swickles posted:

I dont see why Tillman can't go in as a contributor instead of a player if people are going to be so uppity about his work as a player.

I might be okay with a contributor, but not as a player.

I don't want to poo poo on Tillman or anything but all he did was play good football for 3 years and then leave and eventually get shot dead by his own side. In terms of what Tillman accomplished on the field for the sport, it's not much and he wouldn't be considered for the hall had he not died. He's only a big deal because he was a good player who actually left and then died young.

Tillman deserves to be remembered more for his patriotism and legacy than his football legacy. His greatest contribution to football was showing that there are more important things and leaving.

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Aug 24, 2016

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
between getting killed by his own fellow soldiers and playing for the turn of the century cardinals pat tillman really got the short end of his life choices

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

swickles posted:

I'd totally be down with this

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
I don't know how it would work having him in as a contributor, either. I don't know how vague the contributor section is meant to be but the wording seems to restrict it to non-playing personnel.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

A special dispensation.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Febreeze posted:

Tillman deserves to be remembered more for his patriotism and legacy than his football legacy. His greatest contribution to football was showing that there are more important things and leaving.

The dude was such a shithead he got murdered by his own guys. Do we really want to honor that? I mean, I know the NFL does, because they get paid by the government to rah rah all things military.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

ChickenMedium posted:

The dude was such a shithead he got murdered by his own guys. Do we really want to honor that? I mean, I know the NFL does, because they get paid by the government to rah rah all things military.

Edgy

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Almost cut myself on that post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Put me in the hall of fame for my great posting

• Locked thread