Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

ArbitraryC posted:

The thing that concerns me about diana's change is it's obvious the intent was to make it better for teamfights but it's also obviously going to function as making her even more sticky in a chasing situation. But no one plays here anyways so she prolly could use a buff.

It won't effect 1v1 chasing at all since 100% of the time she would use moonfall is immediately after ulting directly on top of her target. It will make her better at teamfighting though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
the riven change is fine because good riven players basically overkill people by two times in the span of her bullshit knock up and stun

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

exethan posted:

oh god they buffed wind slash damage

yeah I don't like the riven changes but w/e the rest of the patch seems alright.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
riot wasn't happy with how riven could beat everyone except trundle and renekton, so they made it so she still loses to trundle and renekton, but crushes every other matchup even more now

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Eh those Jhin nerfs aren't too bad. Less access to his ult sucks but it's not as bad as when they were talking about hitting his passive crit movespeed bonus. He'll be a bit worse for wear but his ult was always exceptional for executing more than being a basic nuke anyway.

The hit to Rek'sai is painful, as are the hits to GP. I think this might be enough to put both out for a while which is a bummer because Rek'sai is one of the few junglers that has a lot of very dirty tricks people don't grasp.

New Yorick looks like an amalgamation of Necromancer from D2 and the fetishes from the witch doctor in D3. I'm down.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

hes basically just the witch doctor from HotS which i can get behind

have you seen my baby
Nov 22, 2009

Support Veigar gonna scale even harder off assists. Excellent.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

I don't know what he did in HotS but I played only a witch doctor in Diablo 3 which was the only correct class to play in that game anyway but yeah they definitely were channeling Diablo with him.

Now for a champion that throws jars of spiders at people...

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Servaetes posted:

I don't know what he did in HotS but I played only a witch doctor in Diablo 3 which was the only correct class to play in that game anyway but yeah they definitely were channeling Diablo with him.

HotS doc has the corpse circle (with a talent to make them uproot and hit things at the end of their duration), frogs that explode on touch and go out in a wave, spiders (cant be attacked, talent makes them leap and become unescapable for immobile enemies), and two ults; one that he channels to have a giant spirit float around attacking poo poo, and the other to have a giant zombie bodyguard. Yorick's ult looks like a compromise of both.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Servaetes posted:

Nazeebo in HotS basically has the exact same "Bone Prison Cage" CC circle with the aforementioned jar of spiders, bouncing frogs, and a big unit ultimate that is kind of like Tibbers. One of the more fun mage type classes in the game.

^^ beaten

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Yeah that's not a bad thing for them to appropriate especially given the thematic similarities. I hope he can jungle because I know I won't get to play him much top.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I don't see how he can jungle at all, unfortunately.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJdk9ygjMPw/?hl=en

more skins for bad people

Tired Moritz fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Aug 23, 2016

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Worlds is coming up and that means it's time to buff riven

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Work Friend Keven posted:

excited to see huni cry in a corner because he doesn't get to play riven at worlds when she's actually good

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Libertine posted:

Excellent Veigar players are already pretty terrifying even if they are extremely rare, his passive now scaling at 5 AP per kill/assist instead of 3 AP makes me terrified to think of what a fed Veigar will look like.

If you get 5 kills this buff is a massive 10 ap increase. Seems pretty broken imo

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
rip invertedcomposer. who is he gonna main now?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Tired Moritz posted:

rip invertedcomposer. who is he gonna main now?

i think he started playing singed awhile back actually

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

quote:

Spell Shield (E) cooldown increased to 22/21/20/19/18 from 22/19/16/13/10

Nice nice, glad the first day of this new patch they are already looking at their Sivir nerfs as not nearly enough.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

GreyPowerVan posted:

If you get 5 kills this buff is a massive 10 ap increase. Seems pretty broken imo

AP isn't a cheap stat. He gets an extra 43.5 gold worth of stats per kill/assist. That's not broken but it's certainly a strong bonus.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Radical posted:

hes basically just the witch doctor from HotS which i can get behind

why do they keep ruining my favorite heroes radical.

panda clue
May 23, 2014
Really strange that no one has even mentioned the huge controversy Marc Merrill has stirred up over the last few days.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

panda clue posted:

Really strange that no one has even mentioned the huge controversy Marc Merrill has stirred up over the last few days.

Check out the competitive thread.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

RIOT posted:

W - Brutal Strikes

BONUS ARMOR 10/15/20/25/30% ⇒ 15/20/35/30/35%

panda clue
May 23, 2014

I actually did ctrl+f "League" to find that thread, and just assumed it was long dead. Guess League just isn't in the title! Thanks.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Work Friend Keven posted:

I think it's probably more that they're re-releasing Championship Riven and want all the scrubs to buy it.

The Corki, Orianna, and Malphite buffs are definitely "worlds is coming up!" buffs though.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
The corki changes over the last two patches haven't done a lot for him and i don't think this one will either.

Orianna has always been strong late but I don't see her becoming overpowered or anything. The ult change gives her a 6 second lower CD if you're at 40%, and 5.5s lower cd if you run 45% cdr. Although if malphite and poppy are strong enough to survive lane they will be excellent candidates for a ball delivery system

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Riot has the mindset that people don't like playing ugly monster champions, but they never seem to connect the dots that those "ugly" champs have some lovely buggy skill sets and 40% win rates for years, usually because they ended up nerfed a week after the one time they were used in competitive, like urgot.

Reading the new backstory on yorick just now and

quote:

If you aren't caught up on the latest Shadow Isles lore, here's a quick summary: Long ago, the Ruined King travelled to a place then known as the Blessed Isles; He wanted to use the Isles's eternal waters to bring his wife back to life. But the waters were never meant to reverse death, and when the King lowered her corpse into the magic waters, they became corrupted.

and literally just a little bit further down.

quote:

Whenever someone is close to death, Yorick can decide to bring them back using a vial of holy water around his neck

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Aug 24, 2016

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Groovelord Neato posted:

why do they keep ruining my favorite heroes radical.

unlucky

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

exethan posted:

The corki changes over the last two patches haven't done a lot for him and i don't think this one will either.

The triforce/passive change was absolutely brutal for Corki and he'll probably never be great unless they rework him again.

Zero The Hero
Jan 7, 2009

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Riot has the mindset that people don't like playing ugly monster champions, but they never seem to connect the dots that those "ugly" champs have some lovely buggy skill sets and 40% win rates for years, usually because they ended up nerfed a week after the one time they were used in competitive, like urgot.

Riot is not known for consistency
How many times have they rewritten the lore, now?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I don't really understand what is inconsistent about that?

The first one says the wife was dead, the second says that Yorick can revive people close to death but not yet dead.

"The holy water can save people close to death but if you try to revive the dead it fucks up" seems pretty reasonable and "healing magic can heal fatal wounds but not death" is pretty basic Fantasy Magic Limitations.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Zero The Hero posted:

Riot is not known for consistency
How many times have they rewritten the lore, now?
They brought in some professionals to rewrite their lore but I have the feeling they're probably pulling their hair out because of Rioters arbitrarily changing things without talking to them

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

So, uh, okay, this is a weird situation.

The last time I played this game - the last time I even had it installed on my computer - was mid-2011. I just got my account back - apparently some dude hacked it and has been playing on it as recently as last week - and as far as I can tell, the most recent champ I can recognize in the store is Wukong, and that's only because I vaguely remember some Monkey King champion was announced back when I quit a half-decade ago.

Anyways, the amount of new information is pretty overwhelming - on top of the fact that whoever hacked my account bought a whole bunch of more recent heroes (so, uh, thanks for the gift I guess hacker), I seem to remember that I quit right before seasons got implemented as like, a thing, and now there's stuff like item crafting and boxes and poo poo and it's all pretty different and weird. I'm split on whether or not I should just start fresh from a brand-new account, but I did invest a fair bit of RP into this game and I own a good 50ish champions (although whoever hacked my account seems to have sold off all my old skins, which sucks). Should I just scrub fresh or try and figure out what the hell happened to my account in the five years I was gone?

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Toxxupation posted:

The last time I played this game - the last time I even had it installed on my computer - was mid-2011. I just got my account back - apparently some dude hacked it and has been playing on it as recently as last week - and as far as I can tell, the most recent champ I can recognize in the store is Wukong, and that's only because I vaguely remember some Monkey King champion was announced back when I quit a half-decade ago.

Anyways, the amount of new information is pretty overwhelming - on top of the fact that whoever hacked my account bought a whole bunch of more recent heroes (so, uh, thanks for the gift I guess hacker), I seem to remember that I quit right before seasons got implemented as like, a thing, and now there's stuff like item crafting and boxes and poo poo and it's all pretty different and weird. I'm split on whether or not I should just start fresh from a brand-new account, but I did invest a fair bit of RP into this game and I own a good 50ish champions (although whoever hacked my account seems to have sold off all my old skins, which sucks). Should I just scrub fresh or try and figure out what the hell happened to my account in the five years I was gone?

leveling to 30 and grinding ip in this game is even worse than it used to be because the rate of gaining ip is still really loving slow but there are at least 50 more champions for you to buy, most of them being at least 3150 or more. stick with your old account

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Toxxupation posted:

There's no actual way to get rid of skins other than refunding them, which wasn't around when you were playing.

The crafting is just free loot, you or someone on your team gets an S rank after a game, you've got a chance of getting a box. You randomly collect three key shards after matches, you open your chest, it can include anything from the store + retired skins; you pay for it with the new crafting currency.

Best thing to do to relearn things is probably to start playing ARAM exclusively and find out what champions you like, then go look up guides for those champions.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Keep in mind that the crafting system is not unlike a form of torture; you will obtain an amazing string of high value skins, and then be forced to recycle most of them to be able to get even one

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I mean, that's still internally consistent? 'Close to death' implies that the person's still alive and is fairly different from 'I dumped this corpse in the magic well and bad poo poo happened'

e;fb but whatever, feels like you're stretching pretty hard.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Okay, I guess I'll just do the tutorials again and do a couple of bot matches to try and get comfortable with the whole, like, idea of LoL.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

wodin posted:

I mean, that's still internally consistent? 'Close to death' implies that the person's still alive and is fairly different from 'I dumped this corpse in the magic well and bad poo poo happened'

e;fb but whatever, feels like you're stretching pretty hard.

Also it's actually works as a sentimental weak spot; he hosed up before so now he has that poo poo at arms reach so he doesn't gently caress up again, as well as a reference to his old ult

i mean most of the lore is pretty horrible and so unimplemented into the game that the game is "not canon", but that makes sense for the most part

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot
Miss Fortune spills into the Great Hallway with the same tenacity that she spills into her silk blouse - both taxed to contain her.

• Locked thread