Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Trudeau is frustrating because he does lots of fluffy, high-traction good things and then lots more nitty-gritty, don't-make-flashy-headlines lovely things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kindest Forums User
Mar 25, 2008

Let me tell you about my opinion about Bernie Sanders and why Donald Trump is his true successor.

You cannot vote Hillary Clinton because she is worse than Trump.
Trudeau is going to be the best thing for liberalism that Canada has ever experienced.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

"We're not going to pursue a policy that obviously violates the charter" is a pretty low bar to clear.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I'm so inspired by our leader who wants to maintain the status quo. He's been so brave pushing for incredibly popular and well supported social issues, and reminding canadians that he absolutely stands for things that were slightly controversial maybe 10 years ago and had to be fought for by other people but is now enshrined in law.

I heard Justin supports women's suffrage too, he's such a feminist icon. Is there no popular already won social battle he won't stand on top of? So dreamy, so progressive.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Baronjutter posted:

I'm so inspired by our leader who wants to maintain the status quo. He's been so brave pushing for incredibly popular and well supported social issues, and reminding canadians that he absolutely stands for things that were slightly controversial maybe 10 years ago and had to be fought for by other people but is now enshrined in law.

I heard Justin supports women's suffrage too, he's such a feminist icon. Is there no popular already won social battle he won't stand on top of? So dreamy, so progressive.

Just wait until his second term!

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I can sleep easy tonight knowing that Canadians' right to wear hosed up swimwear will not be infringed.

*canadian tanks roll over jaywalkers in Saudi Arabia while im sleeping*

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Can I just say gently caress Quebec for wanting to follow the lead of French cities? Guess what, you're not loving French. You're Canadian.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

How lovely is your life that you get all riled up because someone is wearing a birkini

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

MA-Horus posted:

Can I just say gently caress Quebec for wanting to follow the lead of French cities? Guess what, you're not loving French. You're CanadianQuebecois.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

MA-Horus posted:

Can I just say gently caress Quebec for wanting to follow the lead of French cities? Guess what, you're not loving French. You're Canadian.

They are a distinct society, which means we can't say a word when they act like loving fools, or they will become Very Upset Indeed and threaten to separate again.

Fried Watermelon posted:

How lovely is your life that you get all riled up because someone is wearing a birkini

It is apparently our right to ogle women in attractive states of undress, and anything which works contrary to our goal of seeing as many nearly-naked women as possible is clearly a horrid affront to everything that we hold dear about our culture.

I think France is doing it out of spite, what with the repeated terror attacks, and while I don't think it's wise, I can understand it. God only knows why Quebec is doing it.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

PT6A posted:

I think France is doing it out of spite

This is the reason France does everything.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Frosted Flake posted:

So if you get your passport stamped, get a work visa, and pay Canadian taxes, you're fine, generally speaking?

Classmate of mine in undergrad went to Israel after high school and volunteered for the IDF. Ended up a tank gunner/loader. Says it was the biggest mistake of his entire life.

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

PT6A posted:

God only knows why Quebec is doing it.

itt, a caq backbencher = Quebec

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Agnosticnixie posted:

a caq backbencher who was forced to backtrack and say it wouldn't be doable, no less

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Agnosticnixie posted:

in all of english canada, a caq backbencher = Quebec

ftfy

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

dicks assassin posted:

I can sleep easy tonight knowing that Canadians' right to wear hosed up swimwear will not be infringed.

*canadian tanks roll over jaywalkers in Saudi Arabia while im sleeping*

They're not rolling over jaywalkers in Saudi Arabia! They promised not to use our weapons against their own citizens.

They're rolling over people in Yemen who are praying at the wrong mosques. Get it right.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

quote:

Saudis bomb Sanaa during “Million-Person march”
By Juan Cole | Aug. 21, 2016 |

By Juan Cole | (Informed Comment) | – –

The Houthi Ansarullah Movement that controls most of north and west Yemen staged what was by all accounts an enormous demonstration in the capital of Sanaa on Saturday. It may have been the single largest demonstration in the country’s history. While it was unlikely actually to have involved a million people, it did probably tens of thousands, and it showed how strong grassroots support for the Houthis is in the north.

The massive demonstration in Sab`in Park in downtown Sanaa was intended to send a signal to Saudi Arabia and its coalition that the Houthis are enormously popular in the north and that the General People’s Congress, the parliament of Yemen in its present form, shares in that popularity.

If so, Saudi Arabia did not get that message. Its fighter-bombers targeted downtown Sanaa in the midst of the demonstration, which arguably was a war crime (you aren’t allowed to endanger large numbers of civilians in war if you don’t have to). The Saudis are at war with rebel supporters of the Houthis, whom Saudi Arabian inaccurately depicts as a cat’s paw of Iran.

The Houthis are a fundamentalist movement growing out of the moderate Zaidi branch of Shiite Islam in north Yemen. They were one of the groups that supported the Yemeni revolution of 2011-2012, which deposed ‘president for life’ Ali Abdullah Saleh. But during the transition to elected governments, the Houthis derailed the country’s move to democracy by making a coup and gradually dismissing civilian high governing officials.

About a third of Yemenis are Zaidis, but the proportion is much more enormous if we look only at their power base in the northwest of the country. Sunni Aden and some other regions were liberated from Houthi control by Saudi Arabia and its allies in the Gulf Cooperation Council (plus Morocco and Jordan).

The Saudi-led group has bombarded Yemen intensely for the past year, knocking out key infrastructure and killing or endangering the civilian population.
One Houthi spokesman said that the crowds in the square had sent a message to Saudi Arabia and its allies, that the Houthis are here to stay and retain a great deal of popularity.

The indiscriminate Saudi bombing of Yemen and the destruction of civilian infrastructure such as bridges and ports has caused the Obama administration to begin distancing itself from this war. But too late– most Yemenis see the US as behind the GCC effort.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Oh good, they're not onto us yet.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Saudi Arabia is pretty much worse than DPRK, which at least has the uncommon grace to not try to export its nonsense and human rights abuses beyond its own borders for the most part.

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

LICK IT OFF, AND PUT IT BACK IN
Dinosaur Gum

Agnosticnixie posted:

For those of you who aren't up to speed on Quebec politics, the CAQ are a right wing party formed from the turd smelling ashes of the ADQ, a right wing party well known for their leader flip flopping between so often that Prime Minister Charest was banned from uttering at least fifty different adjectives for "windmill" while speaking about Mario Dumont, their ex-leader turned radio host. Their most notable achievements include kicking off the original shitstorm about unreasonable accomodations (e.g. Flipping out because Muslims asked if they could bring halal food to be served at a sugar shack and other such moronities) and kicking out the PQ as official opposition only to accomplish gently caress-all.
The CAQ, meanwhile, has lost most of it's high profile MPs and Candidates and now mostly serves as a third party trying to state "me too" whenever someone else has a good policy idea (but mostly castigates the Liberal party for not being hardcore enough with their austerity) and occasionally comes up with dumb policy proposals catered to the type of Muslim/Anglo/Gay hating Quebec citizen the rest of us would like to pretend doesn't exist.

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

Fried Watermelon posted:

I think it's cool and good to tell women that they have to undress to a degree that makes them uncomfortable in order to enjoy certain public spaces, nothing problematic there at all

Kindest Forums User
Mar 25, 2008

Let me tell you about my opinion about Bernie Sanders and why Donald Trump is his true successor.

You cannot vote Hillary Clinton because she is worse than Trump.
http://news.nationalpost.com/news/c...-documents-show

If we pull out of the jet program Canada will be on the hook up for $551 million all in. Seems like a lot right? Well not when you compare it to the salaries of the top 5 executives at Lockheed Martin. In fact, if we take 2015 numbers, it would only pay 5 executives salaries for less than 9 years. it wouldn't even pay the CEO's current salary for 20 years.

lmao jesus loving christ. burn it all to the ground

http://insiders.morningstar.com/trading/executive-compensation.action?t=LMT

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
Can we just get out of the military industrial game altogether its the biggest loving scam ever

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe

RBC posted:

Can we just get out of the military industrial game altogether its the biggest loving scam ever

Sure and all the white trash in Kitchener can cook meth instead

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

namaste faggots posted:

Sure and all the white trash in Kitchener can cook meth instead

What makes you think they aren't doing that already?

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Fried Watermelon posted:

:qq: BUT THATS A MUSLIM TERRORIST THING AND AS A WHITE MAN I FEEL THE BURQA IS OPPRESSIVE AND :qq:

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Nine of Eight posted:

For those of you who aren't up to speed on Quebec politics, the CAQ are a right wing party formed from the turd smelling ashes of the ADQ, a right wing party well known for their leader flip flopping between so often that Prime Minister Charest was banned from uttering at least fifty different adjectives for "windmill" while speaking about Mario Dumont, their ex-leader turned radio host. Their most notable achievements include kicking off the original shitstorm about unreasonable accomodations (e.g. Flipping out because Muslims asked if they could bring halal food to be served at a sugar shack and other such moronities) and kicking out the PQ as official opposition only to accomplish gently caress-all.
The CAQ, meanwhile, has lost most of it's high profile MPs and Candidates and now mostly serves as a third party trying to state "me too" whenever someone else has a good policy idea (but mostly castigates the Liberal party for not being hardcore enough with their austerity) and occasionally comes up with dumb policy proposals catered to the type of Muslim/Anglo/Gay hating Quebec citizen the rest of us would like to pretend doesn't exist.

That is absolutely no impediment to the English media parroting their words as the word of the unanimous voice of all Quebeckers everywhere because that's what they do every time one of those idiots speaks and we take the bait every. Single. Time.

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.

Ikantski posted:

You can make fun of conservatives for getting angry about $500 but the whole Mike Duffy scandal was about even less, it only really started after the money had been repaid. People on the left and right of the spectrum can get fussed about what things our MPs and senators spend money on, no matter how small the amount.

Actually the big issue with the Mike Duffy scandal was when Nigel Wright tried to bribe Duffy to stay quiet.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

Whiskey Sours posted:

Actually the big issue with the Mike Duffy scandal was when Nigel Wright tried to bribe Duffy to stay quiet.

Yeah it was so huge that they didn't bring it up once during his trial.

M.McFly
Oct 23, 2008

A Typical Goon posted:

I think it's cool and good to tell women that they have to undress to a degree that makes them uncomfortable in order to enjoy certain public spaces, nothing problematic there at all

What does this even mean? The point is the government isn't telling women either way.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

M.McFly posted:

What does this even mean? The point is the government isn't telling women either way.

I'm going to guess it was a sarcastic "support" of the proposed burquini ban.

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.

Ikantski posted:

Nigel Wright was a witness at Mike Duffy's trial and testified under oath about the payment.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Whiskey Sours posted:

Nigel Wright was a witness at Mike Duffy's trial and testified under oath about the payment.

It's Ikantski. Move on.

M.McFly
Oct 23, 2008

Ikantski posted:

It was brought up many times during the trial.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/at-duffy-trial-wright-recounts-how-senate-scandal-engulfed-harpers-office/article25938894/

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!
I propose that we replace all cancon with this bot: http://www.canlitgenerator.com/

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

The Dark One posted:

I propose that we replace all cancon with this bot: http://www.canlitgenerator.com/

quote:

A family and their dog meet a BC woman who never takes off her MEC hiking gear which results in the death of half of Nickelback.

loving SOLD

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

M.McFly posted:

Municipal governments in France certainly are.

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

Figures as soon as the Olympics end, Usain goes right back to lending out his legs for whiny people's goalposts.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

Whiskey Sours posted:

Frig sorry, I was tired. I meant his cross examination.

quote:

The Mike Duffy trial ended on Day 60, with the Crown relinquishing the chance to grill the senator on the $90,000 cheque at the heart of an explosive bribery charge and the defence announcing it did not have any other witnesses.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/at-duffy-trial-wright-recounts-how-senate-scandal-engulfed-harpers-office/article25938894/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

You made a fine post for yourself. ...For a casualry, I suppose.
I honestly don't understand the attitude towards the burkini from both sides. From the examples I've seen it's basically just a slightly looser wetsuit, so on one hand I don't understand why people are pissed about it, and on the other hand it completely eludes me how it avoids the islamic taboo on showing the female body or whatever it's supposed to be. Religious people and cultural reactionaries are weird.