Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
I'll kinda agree here on the 390 - those seem to have some issues. Likely related to the fact that it's actually a 200cc platform bored the gently caress out.

But my 1290 has been totally fine, probably at 21k now, and mostly it gets weekend ridden by my wife and abused on the track. What failures have you seen on the 1190s/1290s?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lynza
Jun 1, 2000

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."
- Robert A. Heinlein
I can vouch for the EX300 for sure. Mine's about to hit 30k miles, and other than an early replacement of the steering bearings, the bike's been extremely solid.

It's had 3 sets of tires now, and a new chain and sprocket. Steering bearings were replaced about 12k miles.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The mileages on these bikes :stare:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/mcy/5709394429.html

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lynza
Jun 1, 2000

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."
- Robert A. Heinlein
That's awesome! I love seeing high mileage bikes like this. Makes me sad when it's the guy selling his "precious, dearly beloved" BMW with 900 miles on it. :catbert:

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

Bad news boys. The VFR guy just text me and said he went to get the bike from his friends house and it's leaking "from the front end" and it's "not the radiator". He canceled our meet so he can take it to the shop and see whats up. RIP.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~

Shadowlz posted:

Bad news boys. The VFR guy just text me and said he went to get the bike from his friends house and it's leaking "from the front end" and it's "not the radiator". He canceled our meet so he can take it to the shop and see whats up. RIP.

Tell him you'll buy it right now and lowball the heck out of him

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

PaintVagrant posted:

Tell him you'll buy it right now and lowball the heck out of him

Wont work. He's pretty upset at having to sell it at 3k, which is to much for me now that I know the bikes falling apart. I think I can get better for less.

Like this 2004 FZ6 for 2700 with it's tail intact AND reflectors! That's how you know it's good folks.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Lynza posted:

That's awesome! I love seeing high mileage bikes like this. Makes me sad when it's the guy selling his "precious, dearly beloved" BMW with 900 miles on it. :catbert:

That bothers me too. I can't imagine it's good for the average bike to be sitting for months at a time. Oil drains out of the engine so you have bare metal contact whenever you start it. Bearings flattening out. Those guys basically just ride to and from the mechanic ever month or so.

Like 400 year old Stradivarius violins that paradoxically have to be played daily so they don't fall apart.

red19fire fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Aug 10, 2016

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Sittin' fever. My newest Buell has sat since 2013. It will be fun to make it road worthy...

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

I also just realized I posted in the wrong thread so, whats up. I was going to buy a VFR.

Supradog
Sep 1, 2004

A POOOST!?!??! YEEAAAAHHHH
I have a thing for early 90s big dual sports.

1991 Cagiva 900 ie Lycky Explorer

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Overpriced, but pretty interesting.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/mcd/5740174452.html

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

That is some retired mechanical engineer jazz enthusiast bait.

Dutymode
Dec 31, 2008
Sidecar Goldwing!

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwi/mcy/5739900077.html

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Gotta love those facebook buy/sell groups. :allears:

"needs some work"

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires

Slim Pickens posted:

Gotta love those facebook buy/sell groups. :allears:

"needs some work"

If it were on craigslist the first photo would be a perfectly restored one that they found online

Space Whale
Nov 6, 2014
https://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/5746371086.html

Should I?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

If it is real :dong:

Space Whale
Nov 6, 2014
Besides roll in (and off!) throttle SLOWLY what're the issues i might face going to a big bike from a Ninjette?

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Please do it and update irc everyday on your adventures lmao

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Space Whale posted:

Besides roll in (and off!) throttle SLOWLY what're the issues i might face going to a big bike from a Ninjette?

Way heavier to start. The zrx is about 500 pounds, though it doesn't feel it once you start moving. You also have to pay close attention to your speed. Too often I find myself drifting up to 90 without even realizing it.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Everyone who has a ZRX seems to like them, but man they're not pretty bikes. That swingarm :chloe:

Space Whale
Nov 6, 2014

M42 posted:

Please do it and update irc everyday on your adventures lmao

[fly me to the moon plays softly]

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

quote:

It is set up for sidecar but does not come with one. If you want one add another 2500 to the price.

:(

$4500(or $4250 without the stupid training wheels) isnt too bad for a sidecar, though.

Dutymode
Dec 31, 2008
If it's still around in a week I might actually go look at it, I enjoyed the '81 Goldwing I had and this one is probably in much better shape (except that paint job).

Space Whale
Nov 6, 2014
Low compression in a cylinder. Is this hone and rering, or more involved to address?

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
It might be a screwed up valve too.

Dutymode
Dec 31, 2008

Space Whale posted:

Low compression in a cylinder. Is this hone and rering, or more involved to address?

I vote for "run away."

Space Whale
Nov 6, 2014
Thanks for the warning!

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Space Whale posted:

Do a leakdown test and report back.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Sagebrush posted:

Everyone who has a ZRX seems to like them, but man they're not pretty bikes. That swingarm :chloe:

The swingarm is one of my favorite touches. I love how over built it is.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib

Sagebrush posted:

but man they're not pretty bikes. That swingarm :chloe:

You shut your mouth.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Space Whale posted:

Your redline taunting you.

"Hey big boy, you wanna go 70mph in first gear? :wink:"
"That mustang wants to race you, kick his rear end."
"Look at that guy speeding. Show him real speed chief."

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Coydog posted:

You shut your mouth.

:chloe:

Maybe I'm just spoiled by the look of my swingarm.

Whoops! Where is it?

Oh, that's right, it's single-sided, like a fuckin light cycle or something :smugdog:

fukken sweet.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Swing-arms that only do one thing, how quaint.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

clutchpuck posted:

Swing-arms that only do one thing, how quaint.

Never used one as a hammer have ya? :D

Space Whale
Nov 6, 2014
https://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/5733052141.html

gently caress

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkXXbY-kKuI

Space Whale fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Aug 24, 2016

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
If you buy one of the remaining few Hawk GT, I'm going to be very cross with you when you wreck it two months later.

Space Whale
Nov 6, 2014

Coydog posted:

If you buy one of the remaining few Hawk GT, I'm going to be very cross with you when you wreck it two months later.

Are you kidding? I'd polish it to a mirror finish while I get good on the Ninja.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
Sell the ninja, buy this:
https://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/5691975035.html

Or this, if you think light off road adventure riding will be your thing (it will)
https://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/5724108245.html