Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Use so much chalk that your flesh doesn't actually touch the bar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
LOL just LOL at you poors not being able to afford disposable oly bars.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Good thing I use old baseball gloves. Thin enough that it doesn't affect lifting, thick enough that I'm not touching that gross-rear end handle.

Thin enough for the sweat to seep through and collect bar-grime in the fabric for maximum skin exposure time ftw

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Rowed a 5x200m in 2:57. Pretty sure I died and now my spooky ghost is haunting the forums.

GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

I know the devil is real.
I literally lift, ride a bus home, and then prepare dinner without having washed my hands, because germs are made up and not real.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

GRILLARY CLINTON posted:

I literally lift, ride a bus home, and then prepare dinner without having washed my hands, because germs are made up and not real.

You're supposed to lift the bus home for more gains

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

GRILLARY CLINTON posted:

I wash my hands after if I used chalk because otherwise they get all dry :(

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Nothing stays dry in the men's steam room.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

notZaar posted:

Nothing stays dry in the men's steam room.

the insides of ones' balls actually

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

88h88 posted:

Is the joke that the song's called 'shots and squats' and not a single squat was performed in the video?

Maybe you aren't bro enough to get how awesome the song is? Try squatting in a tank top and SnapBack hat and you'll get it.

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
is pepperoni a type of salami, or are they two separate kinds of sausage?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Pepperoni is just the Italian word for salami.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
just walk the path of cured meats and the gains will follow

ate enchiladas for dinner last night so im feelin a good friday afternoon gym sesh today coming on

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
i lost 6 lbs from dengue alone

never travel, its not worth it

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
showing off your american swoleness to foreign women used to lil babby men is good tho

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
im down 30lbs (from 212 to 180 in 14 weeks) and people are still like "how u so swole mang??"

im not you retards. im a loving scrawny idiot babby now.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
also im canadian

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Defiant Sally posted:

im down 30lbs (from 212 to 180 in 14 weeks) and people are still like "how u so swole mang??"

Lol at 180 being scrawny. What are you 6'4" (193 cm you commie)?

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Oscar Wild posted:

Lol at 180 being scrawny. What are you 6'4" (193 cm you commie)?

180 looks scrawny if you're skinny fat

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
6'

and no i just have brain problems re: being large

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Defiant Sally posted:

6'

and no i just have brain problems re: being large

Well you're on the right path to the swole zone. Making good decisions and getting good results.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I got the same reactions whene I was cutting. My muscles became more defined so people were like "nice biceps man :prepop:" but actually I was weak and tiny

I cant wait to start bulking again

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Start bulking and never stop.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

I cut down to 168 and I had trouble performing at work, at least I found it harder to do my job at times. I I bulked back up to 175. Those 7 pounds make a huge difference.

Green Crayons
Apr 2, 2009
Say one thing for Green Crayons, say he weathers through Romanian deadlifts on Saturdays.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_loRDrWCv10

Broforce: gainz while u game

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Why do they all have headcolds?

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

Defiant Sally posted:

also im canadian

I used to lurk W&W solely for your and LSV's posts. Nice to see you're still kicking around here.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

more like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSUW-Z_Cnc0

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

a dog from hell posted:

I used to lurk W&W solely for your and LSV's posts. Nice to see you're still kicking around here.

Thanks dude. I wish I had the patience to post and log obsessively like I used to, but there's only so many times you can say the same poo poo over and over. I might make an effort to fire up the log again starting again this Friday (when I'm back in North Americas sweet embrace) if there's any interest but I feel like TFLC is a bit of a ghost town nowadays.

Either way between the bird like food portions Asians serve you, Indonesians not knowing how to cook, and Dengue fever I am ready as gently caress to bulk up to 230 this year.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Thanks De Quervain's tenosynovitis for loving up my road to gains.

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

Defiant Sally posted:

Thanks dude. I wish I had the patience to post and log obsessively like I used to, but there's only so many times you can say the same poo poo over and over. I might make an effort to fire up the log again starting again this Friday (when I'm back in North Americas sweet embrace) if there's any interest but I feel like TFLC is a bit of a ghost town nowadays.

Last I checked there are still lots of goons squatting with broken knees if you're into that sort of thing.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Here is a FB post from a dude I kinda know that works at the Crossfpoo poo Games.

quote:

Well today marks one week since my hernia and after getting the green light from my surgeon I decided to hit the gym for the first time since it happened and I must say I am beyond stoked at my performance tonight! I was able to comfortably hit 80% of my max in deadlift and squat!
....with the help of my lifting belt of course. I hate relying on it but Im going to have to on most if not all my lifts from now on. But you know what?...thats a small price to pay to make sure it doesn't get worse and have a full blow out.
Today was a good day. VICTORY!

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I'm not a doctor but relying on a belt to hold in your guts seems like a smart idea. Good work Facebook stranger.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
oh i forgot hes also an EMT & works in a hospital full time

America rules.

GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

Defiant Sally posted:

lol canada's only national treasure is crumbling to dust

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
Finally hit 95x5 on OHP but it was a little sloppy. Also anytime I go hard on OHP, I get a weird soreness in my shoulders the next day that's not really like other soreness. A few other people I lift with get the same thing. It's always happened since I started lifting and is fine after a day or two so I doubt it's anything serious, I should probably add shoulder poo poo into my mobility routine though.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
gently caress the pain away

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Up to 245 for 5x10 squats and it is poo poo. My body just wants to curl up in a ball and die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

bamhand posted:

Up to 245 for 5x10 squats and it is poo poo. My body just wants to curl up in a ball and die.

Time to rededicate to bench press.

• Locked thread