Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
The Miz loving rules. As lovely as that Mania he headlined was his promo video before hand is one of the greatest of all times and the dude very clearly ADORES the business. He's also an outstanding heel.

Absolutely serious here, give the dude another decent length title run and let him being a gigantic piece of poo poo heel that we all desperately need.

That was such an awesome promo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

What makes that a truly phenomenal heel promo is that Miz is absolutely, 100% right, because Bryan's excuse (in character) is not that his health won't let him wrestle, it's that WWE won't let him wrestle, but at the same time he's being the biggest rear end in a top hat in the world.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

The Miz owns. So hard.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

The Miz is going to have a long career. He will be putting people over like Jericho when he's in his 40s.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I am massively hyped for a match that won't happen. Cool of Bryan to put his mentor The Miz over like this.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

on the other hand he cut that promo on the internet and nobody will see it

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Seriously watch this and tell me this didn't deserve to be made for a Mania 100 times as good as it turned out to be: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O20Po-_kyuk

Such an awesome promo package.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Holy poo poo Miz that was amazing

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Miz also was concussed immediately in that WM match.

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
The moment miz starts wrestling people will go "oh right, he's the miz"

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Humphrey Vasel posted:

The moment miz starts wrestling people will go "oh right, he's the miz"

"oh right he's the miz and he owns hard, hell yeah"

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

"idiot pissbaby who can't get it done" dolph ziggler is my pick for gimmick of the year

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Man even on like the third go around this still gives me chills. It's so loving good.

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

We'll all be stoked on The Miz until we actually have to watch him wrestle again

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
He's a pretty boring wrestler.

Like Mark Henry for a long time was great on the stick but I never wanted to watch him wrestle because he wasn't entertaining until they started the Hall of Pain run (maaaybe his ECW run right before that).

Miz, same thing. He is a good talkmans but bad wrestlemans because you couldn't ever name one opponent for him that would be a match I would want to leave my house to go see. This has always been his problem and he's had a lot of time to address it, but instead he does what he does. And that's fine, I hope he gets paid a long time, but that doesn't mean he's not a big yawn bomb in the ring.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Jesus Christ, Miz. :stare:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Miz is right

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
even after that no one is appreciating the miz

bloo bloo i dont care about anything miz is involved with

miz made noted garbage-man damien sandow actually worth something for a short while

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Everyone who said Glass Bones Finn is better than My Main Man Miz can either hit me or kiss me now

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I know it's a work but Renee's acting is what has me thinking there's a 1% chance here

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...
Solomonster did an interview with Miz before SummerSlam, and he got pretty worked up when he was asked if it bothered him that the I.C. title wasn't held up to the standards that it was before. I kind of feel like he's legit frustrated with his position, but I really hope his rant against DB was all a work, because... drat. gently caress him if it was real.

sportsgenius86 posted:

I know it's a work but Renee's acting is what has me thinking there's a 1% chance here

That, and just how uncomfortable Maryse looks.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
half of his promo is about his wrestling style, this is the point lol

if it was planned then bravo to everyone involved because that was good rasslin acting

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

sportsgenius86 posted:

Maybe they didn't fill her in about the full beats of the worked shoot and the walk off. It seemed like the producers ended the show early, too.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

oatgan posted:

on the other hand he cut that promo on the internet and nobody will see it

Normally I would absolutely agree with you on this, butin this one specific case you can't do that promo on tv. Miz's entire point is that he wasn't a featured guy on the show this week, you do the promo on tv and right away everything become disingenious because he's a guy cutting the promo on tv and is thus a featured guy. They can air that promo again or at least clips of it as much they want to on tv later on, but that first time had to be done like that.

Plus if you're trying to make talking smack an actual thing you have to have something actual happen on it to draw people in watching the dumb thing. It's not like they're wacking the whole thing up on youtube for free.

Basically somehow WWE has managed to take ReAction and actually make it good. I'm shocked.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I mean, Bryan was being a cock there. Miz had a really loving valid point and Bryan started it by calling him a cowardly wrestler.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Skinty McEdger posted:

Normally I would absolutely agree with you on this, butin this one specific case you can't do that promo on tv. Miz's entire point is that he wasn't a featured guy on the show this week, you do the promo on tv and right away everything become disingenious because he's a guy cutting the promo on tv and is thus a featured guy. They can air that promo again or at least clips of it as much they want to on tv later on, but that first time had to be done like that.

Plus if you're trying to make talking smack an actual thing you have to have something actual happen on it to draw people in watching the dumb thing. It's not like they're wacking the whole thing up on youtube for free.

Basically somehow WWE has managed to take ReAction and actually make it good. I'm shocked.

Mostly kidding. This thing will get passed around wreddit and wherever else wrestling fans who spend money and talk about wwe gather

The part of Talking Smack that nobody is going to talk about because of this which was also good, though, was Bryan asking the Usos why nobody likes them anymore and they suggested it was because of their association with Roman Reigns

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Sigma posted:

Maybe they didn't fill her in about the full beats of the worked shoot and the walk off. It seemed like the producers ended the show early, too.

Nah, it always cuts out at 20 afterish, gotta run those ads.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Miz has also been having some pretty good to great matches this year. Like he's on the quiet become a pretty solid hand, and while he's had great guys to work with, he's been holding his own.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Face calls heel with career of cowardly tactics a coward, news at 9.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I can't even tell if that was a worked shoot or a shot work. WHAT EVEN IS REAL ANYMORE?!?!?

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

Like, if the promo was planned, Bryan's gotta be dying that he can't do that, because it's a perfect angle.

I mean, if they went ahead of it dying is exactly what Bryan would be doing

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

Captain Magic posted:

Face calls heel with career of cowardly tactics a coward, news at 9.

It's a little different when they call their entire style cowardly. That isn't a heel thing, it's a thinly veiled "your wrestling looks fake" which I can understand being upset about.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

That was a loving money promo. If Miz and Bryan were building to a match and he cut that promo on the go home show I would have bought the Network to see it.

Also everyone else on that set sold it perfectly. Great work by everyone but that might be promo of the year for me.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Psychepath posted:

It's a little different when they call their entire style cowardly. That isn't a heel thing, it's a thinly veiled "your wrestling looks fake" which I can understand being upset about.
what a mark

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Holy cow ya'll

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

HEATH SLATER BAY BEE

Blue is my favorite color

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

saying the historic heel (who uses every other promo to put over his non-wrestling career)works cowardly is a legit kayfabe attack. Miz flipping out that hard is the logical response.

If they did this right it would lead to Bryan stacking the odds against Miz in weird lopsided bookings and him still winning. Get ready for my fantasy booked Miz turn boyzzz!

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Tag belts are gorgeous.

miz owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

stop scripting promos and let the cream rise, imo

• Locked thread