Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Hot Karl Marx posted:

a classic share z0ne to try and fix the thread

.....BITCH

Share zone really growing on me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

e:
This was one of my share memories today, it's cool if you like giant railguns!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eObepuHvYAw

TheMostFrench fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Aug 24, 2016

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
are there still blacksmiths?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Hot Karl Marx posted:

a classic share z0ne to try and fix the thread

.....BITCH

I'm so GAY

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Moridin920 posted:

One of the comments was 'check out the medieval fair this month' so probably, yes.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
WORLD IS A gently caress
KILL EM ALL 1989

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Moridin920 posted:

There are.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Hot drat, I do heart Scooby Snacks!

Mr. 47
Jul 8, 2008

Well, I guess I'll just go fuck myself, then.

Moridin920 posted:

I think they prefer to be called Will and Jada.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Mr. 47 posted:

Oh gently caress yes. :golfclap:

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Mr. 47 posted:

Alright alright I see you 47

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Mr. 47 posted:

:eyepop:

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Mr. 47 posted:

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
:pusheen:

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Moridin920 posted:

The university I went to had a blacksmith program, most of these dudes were artists.

Mother fuckers had dirty rear end hands. All the time.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Mr. 47 posted:

:rolleyes:

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

There's a neat as hell youtube series called Man At Arms where blacksmiths make weapons from various fiction series.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Red Suit posted:

There's a neat as hell youtube series called Man At Arms where blacksmiths make weapons from various fiction series.

i'll be sure to check that out

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Red Suit posted:

With laser cutters and plasmatorches mind you.
Not a bit of blacksmithing going on there.

If you are interested in actual ancient blacksmithing, AND have a lot of patience, check out this step-by-step series:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_mTgHj6M1Q

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

I am now following a guy that says the earth is flat and at the centre of the universe, because his facebook feed is hilariously rife with stupidity. He is also anti-vaccine, says evolution isn't real and that water has the ability to create 'holographic memories' which due to quantum science (as discovered by Tesla, who was superior to Einstein in every way because Tesla was not a government shill) means we are all interconnected at a spiritual level. Oh, and ISIS don't exist and they're just the CIA in disguises, and the massacre at Pulse (and every other killing spree around the globe ever) was just 'crisis actors'. Finally, volcanoes are actually the corpses of a long-extinct race of silicon-based life.

It's really great.

Quote-Unquote fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Aug 24, 2016

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Quote-Unquote posted:

I am now following a guy that says the earth is flat and at the centre of the universe, because his facebook feed is hilariously rife with stupidity. He is also anti-vaccine, says evolution isn't real and that water has the ability to create 'holographic memories' which due to quantum science (as discovered by Tesla, who was superior to Einstein in every way because Tesla was not a government shill) means we are all interconnected at a spiritual level. Oh, and ISIS don't exist and they're just the CIA in disguises, and the massacre at Pulse (and every other killing spree around the globe ever) was just 'crisis actors'. Finally, volcanoes are actually the corpses of a long-extinct race of silicon-based life.

It's really great.

Have fun with this forum which is nothing but people who believe in and repost all this poo poo:

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/

Also most of them have been abducted by aliens, are MKultra experiments and are being stalked by the government who is using psychotronics weapons on them to send message in their brains. Also they all vote Trump.

I always wondered if mental illness is contagious and that forum seems to indicate that yes, it is.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

monkeytennis posted:

Yeah and whichever knob has shared it always tags loads of people saying 'we've got to try this!!!' Or some such. All those 'recipes' are soooo unhealthy too, and it's usually something pizza related or flavoured, or contains about 5lb of cheese.

Every single posted recipe I see has a truckload of cheese in it, either shredded or cream.

North Americans eat too much cheese.

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!
Every loving one of those cooking videos on my feed amounts to:

1) Take your favorite food and make pasty dough balls of it

2) Bread it and deep fry it

3) Tasty!

I have seen a couple of genuinely good ones but they're very elaborate and get relatively few likes and shares.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Professor Shark posted:

Every single posted recipe I see has a truckload of cheese in it, either shredded or cream.

North Americans eat too much cheese.

We may need to eat more, as there is an actual huge cheese surplus at the moment. The USDA just bought ~11m pounds for $20m to give to food banks to help shore up prices and keep producers solvent.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

LGD posted:

We may need to eat more, as there is an actual huge cheese surplus at the moment. The USDA just bought ~11m pounds for $20m to give to food banks to help shore up prices and keep producers solvent.

uhh maybe we should stop the poo poo tons of cheese subsidies we give to dairy agriculture then

seems to me like we're sucking off the industry every chance we get and meanwhile americans are bloating like crazy. eat EVEN MORE cheese? bro we eat so much loving cheese relative to 40-50 years ago.

maybe these idiot dairy farmers could stand to experience market forces instead of on the one hand begging for state subsidies which lead to overproduction then on the other whine for the gov't to spend millions to purchase extra stock when the price of cheese tanks due to a supply glut

maybe we should just nationalize them.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Aug 24, 2016

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

LGD posted:

We don't have to eat more cheese just because we have lots of it? :confused:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
besides im pretty sure they're talking about trash cheese anyway because all the fancy fromages I get aren't cheap

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Professor Shark posted:

We don't have to eat more cheese just because we have lots of it? :confused:

That sounds like Commie talk friend

The suggestion that 35lbs per person per year is enough is downright un-American

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Quote-Unquote posted:

Finally, volcanoes are actually the corpses of a long-extinct race of silicon-based life.

Isn't that a Scientology thing?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Moridin920 posted:

maybe we should just nationalize them.

Are you suggesting some sort of government cheese?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Beastie posted:

Are you suggesting some sort of government cheese?

government cheese is good cheese for slicing and melting

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I thought govt stimulus was good for the markets and people :(

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

nationalize all food and fuel production imo

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
i don't think cheese qualifies as an essential industry the government absolutely has to support

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

white people love cheese

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I think it's mostly white women, I don't know when it started but every dip has to be cream cheese based now for some reason.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Blue Train posted:

white people love cheese

cheese and crackers go together pretty well

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Darth123123 posted:

I thought govt stimulus was good for the markets and people :(

not always, just most of the time recently due to the macroeconomic conditions favoring boosted demand- i.e. we're still not at full employment and wages have been stagnant for a long time (though note that it can result in market distortions, including overproduction of certain goods)

but this cheese buy is probably good, the government is getting a pretty good deal on food for programs that need the support, and while a lot of agricultural subsidies are pretty questionable there are extremely good reasons we have programs in place to avoid having our food producers boom and bust like Moridin was suggesting

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Wintermutant posted:

Isn't that a Scientology thing?

No some Russian guy made a video claiming mesas are the stumps of ancient giant tree-like silicon plants and it's the latest craze among conspiracy theorists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

No some Russian guy made a video claiming mesas are the stumps of ancient giant tree-like silicon plants and it's the latest craze among conspiracy theorists

Well then. At least they're creative, I suppose.

• Locked thread