Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.

Blasphemeral posted:

I'm certain that this isn't actually the reason for BL ticket-gating skins.

All right, you've cracked the code. The real reason there are things you want in the Gem Store is because there are continuing operating costs with the game despite its lack of a subscription fee for financial support.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
BL skins are the easiest way to make money by a large margin. Why anyone would complain about them is beyond me.

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.
Dang... Those do look cool. I'm even close to a full scrap with all the HoT story mode poo poo I've been doing on alts lately. Then the question would be whether to keep it for myself or not. I've been sitting on a Dominator Axe skin that's going to my Icy Runestone fund whenever I get around to selling it.

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH

anet shut the game down because you posted this, fyi

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

is GW2 alive again yet?

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

CLAM DOWN posted:

is GW2 alive again yet?

Doesn't look like it.

knowonecanknow
Apr 19, 2009

Ambition must be made to counteract ambition.
anet lied game dead

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

ItBurns posted:

BL skins are the easiest way to make money by a large margin. Why anyone would complain about them is beyond me.

Most of the recent ones haven't really gone up in price the way the earlier ones did, though, mostly because they're all technically still available for tickets. In fact, some of them have even gone down. Unless I'm missing something.

Serenade
Nov 5, 2011

"I should really learn to fucking read"
When was the last time GW2 was down like this? One thing I recall from GW1 is very very low down time.

also people I know are very smug that final fantasy 14 isn't down right now

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

knowonecanknow posted:

anet lied game dead

That's my main's name! Not that I can prove it on account of anet lying and the game dying. It's all very :birddrugs:

^^^ I remember that gw1 rollback!! It took lioe two hours iirc after a bug caused vendors to buy ecto for 200g but sell them for like 5000. I was a bit pissed because I dropped from level 6 to 5 on my monk. It was very babbys first mmo.

Guest2553 fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Aug 24, 2016

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Serenade posted:

When was the last time GW2 was down like this? One thing I recall from GW1 is very very low down time.

It's been a real long time. I can't remember it happening, honestly.

I'm filling the time by playing the temporarily-overpowered Zenyatta.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010
Servers are down but youtube is up! Anyone who is interested in raiding should check out some highlights of our best SFD/GOON runs.

Spirit Vale Raid (B-Roll)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS2xDlHCcEQ

Spirit Vale (Bonus footage)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bca-0oXFnrQ

A Special Gorseval Run (With Subtitles) (turn on subtitles)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2K7WByi4Sk

Burning Retreat vs Xera platforms
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HF5Ilijw5VA

Xera highlight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_QQplXij4s

Unsuspecting Scrubs vs Surprise Retaliation (Xera)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brvVMdDgDd8

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

the third raid wing is technically closed again

deaf jesus
Feb 19, 2004
hear no evil
Spaghetti code = check! Lack of QA = check! Just another day in Tyria! nothing to see here.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
Uuugh I wanted the train today. :(

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Dulfy Bloodstone weapon gallery posted:

Warhorn has a special sound when blown, very deep like a Rhino farting.

Thanks Dulfy for covering the most important parts of the game.

Edit: Sounds more like a didgeridoo imo.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

neongrey posted:

Uuugh I wanted the train today. :(

Me too. I was gonna get Reaper unlocked.

Roc
Nov 8, 2010
Uptop edit: :frogsiren: Servers are up :frogsiren:

:words:

quote:

As we previously posted, today’s release unfortunately contained a bug that damaged character records, and in response we’ve taken down the game servers and are in the process of rolling back the state of the game to where it was before the release.

We shut down the game servers at approximately 11:30 am PDT (18:30 GMT), and we’re rolling back the game state to 9:10 am PDT (16:10 GMT), so there’s a 2h 20m window where all changes to the game are being rolled back. Here are the details for what will happen to various changes made during that window.

If you created a new account during that time period, you’ll have to create it again. If you changed an account, for example changing your password or applying two-factor authentication, you’ll have to redo that change. If the customer support team changed your account for you, for example restoring it to you, they’ll redo that change over the next 24 hours.

If you purchased the game on an existing account, we’ll restore your purchase. If you purchased the game on a newly created account, you’ll need to recreate your account. We’ll contact you so we can restore your purchase after you have recreated your account.

If you purchased gems, we’ll restore the gems. If you purchased an item using gems, that purchase will be rolled back, and you’ll have your gems back. You can purchase again. If you purchased a sale item that’s no longer on sale, you can purchase again, then contact customer support for a refund of the difference between the current price and the sale price.

All in-game transactions are being rolled back, including transactions through the currency exchange, trading post, guild bank, and in-game mail. The trading post will come back online after the rest of the game does, and with buy and sell offers back where they were prior to this morning’s release.

Character progress made during the affected time period is being rolled back. If you had an extreme situation, for example you got a precursor from the mystic forge and then had that rolled back, contact our customer support team and we’ll try to help you.

Thank you for bearing with us through this process. We’ll be back online soon.

SOON

May not actually be soon

Roc fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Aug 24, 2016

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I feel like I should stay up and at my computer for when the servers come back online to capitalize on the economic madness but also every other time I've tried to capitalize on economic upheaval in GW2 I just lost money somehow.

It's usually safe to assume that if I, noted bad trader Harrow, know about a hot market, literally everyone else in the game knows about it and I'll be lucky to break even.

Harrow fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Aug 24, 2016

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Serenade posted:

the only other gw2 downtime i remember was when the currency wallet was added and the servers went down for a bit as part of the release but that was planned and not sudden so not quite the same thing

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Harrow posted:

I feel like I should stay up and at my computer for when the servers come back online to capitalize on the economic madness but also every other time I've tried to capitalize on economic upheaval in GW2 I just lost money somehow.

It's usually safe to assume that if I, noted bad trader Harrow, know about a hot market, literally everyone else in the game knows about it and I'll be lucky to break even.

I remember doing okay with butter speculation not long after release.

Tivac
Feb 18, 2003

No matter how things may seem to change, never forget who you are
Game back up, Commerce still slowly getting ready.

Godmode Enabled
Jul 14, 2013

I AM A BETAGOON, ASK ME ABOUT PROPER GRIEF TO CASH RATIOS.
Tries to load but then I get a network error

deaf jesus
Feb 19, 2004
hear no evil
MO is the equivalent to Jerry Jones of the Dallas Cowboys. You can't be a owner/executive/gm all at the same time. It just doesn't loving work. GW1 had NCSoft backing them the entire time so the money was plentiful with the F2P model because the publisher was still financing things.

As soon as NCSoft backed off on GW2 and left Anet to it's own devices it just went to poo poo. While it did allow Anet the freedom to fix a lot of things they wanted to from the start they had already lost half its collective hive that created it. It's the nature of the gaming industry to go where the pay/opportunities are better. They used the GW1 engine in order to save resources/time..but then they threw all this new tech into it and it never really jelled.

So now they are just trying to keep things from going total poo poo. It's not about progressing the game anymore in terms of content/QoL fixes and more about maximizing profit. F2P works...there are a lot of games that have proven that but Anet just doesn't seem to know how to balance the "oh hey here are some new armor skins/wep skins that are a reward track vs ..welcome to the gem store."

The gaming industry is cutthroat in terms of revenue generated vs investments much like most business models. ..all i'm saying is GODDAMMIT I GOT GOLD ON MY LAST 2 races to max out HoT mastery points...now I have to do them over....#firstworldproblems #neverdocheevosonpatchday

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Tivac posted:

Game back up, Commerce still slowly getting ready.

Are your sysadmins in tears yet

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
I love this game because of how little downtime there is.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
If I recall correctly, GW1 only ever went down to physically move the servers and only had one rollback due to widespread duping issues or something.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Fields of Ruin is apparently crashing whenever anyone interacts with an NPC or crafting table. First time it got me, I ended up back in Harathi. Second time, I decided to do something else for the rest of the night.

Tivac
Feb 18, 2003

No matter how things may seem to change, never forget who you are

Bieeardo posted:

Fields of Ruin is apparently crashing whenever anyone interacts with an NPC or crafting table. First time it got me, I ended up back in Harathi. Second time, I decided to do something else for the rest of the night.

https://twitter.com/GuildWars2/status/768313777125294080

hurtmeplz posted:

MO is the equivalent to Jerry Jones of the Dallas Cowboys. You can't be a owner/executive/gm all at the same time. It just doesn't loving work. GW1 had NCSoft backing them the entire time so the money was plentiful with the F2P model because the publisher was still financing things.

As soon as NCSoft backed off on GW2 and left Anet to it's own devices it just went to poo poo. While it did allow Anet the freedom to fix a lot of things they wanted to from the start they had already lost half its collective hive that created it. It's the nature of the gaming industry to go where the pay/opportunities are better. They used the GW1 engine in order to save resources/time..but then they threw all this new tech into it and it never really jelled.

So now they are just trying to keep things from going total poo poo. It's not about progressing the game anymore in terms of content/QoL fixes and more about maximizing profit. F2P works...there are a lot of games that have proven that but Anet just doesn't seem to know how to balance the "oh hey here are some new armor skins/wep skins that are a reward track vs ..welcome to the gem store."

The gaming industry is cutthroat in terms of revenue generated vs investments much like most business models. ..all i'm saying is GODDAMMIT I GOT GOLD ON MY LAST 2 races to max out HoT mastery points...now I have to do them over....#firstworldproblems #neverdocheevosonpatchday

oh ok.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Oh man, it was one NPC? drat. It probably didn't help that everyone and their duck was rushing that map to get the daily done.

Hardly the worst downtime I've encountered in one of these games, so I really haven't anything to complain about. Still going to wait until morning to get my Bloodstone Fen dailies done, I think. Map chat's bound to be grumpy.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Kill it with fire, tia.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

The DR bday backpack has a loving fedora on it lmao

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
... It's a alpine hat.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Pictured: Nothing but fedoras.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
That's clearly a trilby.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
What are the various "meta builds" for higher end content? (raids and high fractals)

I have played HoT open map metas and Silverwastes extensively now and i would like to try some more organised group content.

The reason i ask is i want to start making ascended stuff (i have enough materials for several weapons and enough currency for at least 2 sets of trinkets) for a profession/stat i enjoy playing.

From what i have gathered so far:
PS Warrior (is this power?)
Herald (im assuming zerker gear)
Chronomancer (im assuming boon duration gear and zerk)
Condi necro
Heal druid (zerk or condi?)

What other professions with which stats are "meta" for organised content?

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Ineptitude posted:

What are the various "meta builds" for higher end content? (raids and high fractals)

I have played HoT open map metas and Silverwastes extensively now and i would like to try some more organised group content.

The reason i ask is i want to start making ascended stuff (i have enough materials for several weapons and enough currency for at least 2 sets of trinkets) for a profession/stat i enjoy playing.

From what i have gathered so far:
PS Warrior (is this power?)
Herald (im assuming zerker gear)
Chronomancer (im assuming boon duration gear and zerk)
Condi necro
Heal druid (zerk or condi?)

What other professions with which stats are "meta" for organised content?
In general every profession goes well with zerk with the exception of Necromancer and Engineer, where you want Viper's, which is also good for the condi variants of Warrior and Ranger (remember that when crafting ascended Viper's gear, it's way cheaper to craft gear with another prefix and stat swap gear in the forge). For Chronomancer, Commander's gear is a popular option that makes it easy to maintain lots of quickness without a Revenant and also tank certain raid bosses. For Druid, there's an ongoing debate on the merits of Zealot's gear, and people generally agree that it's nice to have a set of Magi's gear as well for when you need a bunch of healing, although most people just go exotic for the latter (yeah, most of the druids I know carry 4 full sets of gear with them). I would recommend checking out qT's guides for a lot more details about the meta builds for every profession, including minmaxing to get the optimal crit chance/condi duration. This is mostly focused on raids, but in general you'll want the same builds for T4 fractals, with the exception of the more specialized healer/tank builds.

felch me daddy jr. fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Aug 24, 2016

Crimsonbeak
Nov 7, 2004

CLAM DOWN posted:

The DR bday backpack has a loving fedora on it lmao

Remember choose wisely because the backpack is tied to an achievement and not a character so you can only get 1 of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
Can't wait to get my Hoelbrakpack in a couple weeks

• Locked thread