Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!
Just a shot in the dark, but is there any particular reason to expect there will be one of those "Spend $100, get $15" deals next month? I'm about to buy the Destiny DLC (for $30) which requires some other Destiny DLC (for $20), so that's $50 I may as well spend in September if I can get a deal. Otherwise, I spend it now because I get to play one of those DLCs early.

I'd probably buy PS+ with the other $50 and can thus feel like I'm getting a deal before the price shoots up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Megaman 9 or 10 if I was only buying one?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Skychrono posted:

Just a shot in the dark, but is there any particular reason to expect there will be one of those "Spend $100, get $15" deals next month? I'm about to buy the Destiny DLC (for $30) which requires some other Destiny DLC (for $20), so that's $50 I may as well spend in September if I can get a deal. Otherwise, I spend it now because I get to play one of those DLCs early.

I'd probably buy PS+ with the other $50 and can thus feel like I'm getting a deal before the price shoots up.

Not actually an answer to your question but do you own the first two DLC's? You can't actually buy Taken King unless you own them, and thus have to buy the entire package for $60 which includes everything (even Rise of Iron).

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

There's a humble bundle now which has both games on PS3.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Sakurazuka posted:

Probably 9.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Skychrono posted:

They just had that promotion so chances are slim

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

Sakurazuka posted:

Why not just buy the current Humble Bundle?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Because I forgot about it heh.

Also it's US codes but I guess that doesn't really matter.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Real hurthling! posted:

They just had that promotion so chances are slim

They like doing the promotion during preorder seasons. It's more of a spring/fall thing and the next time I realistically expect one is after Christmas.

Last time we got it I'm pretty sure it was to encourage preorders from e3.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Sakurazuka posted:

9's a much more challenging game where using the boss weapons really changes how you play. 10 is a pretty standard Mega Man and it's fine, but it's easier and requires less creative strategy.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

univbee posted:

Not actually an answer to your question but do you own the first two DLC's? You can't actually buy Taken King unless you own them, and thus have to buy the entire package for $60 which includes everything (even Rise of Iron).

Thanks for double checking! Yeah, I had the original season pass so it had DLC 1-2. I want to get back in with 4 (RoI), so I need to buy 3 (TTK).

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Skychrono posted:

Thanks for double checking! Yeah, I had the original season pass so it had DLC 1-2. I want to get back in with 4 (RoI), so I need to buy 3 (TTK).

OK. It might also be worth checking if you qualify for the upgrade pricing for the whole package (I think this depends on having the PS3 versions of stuff, but since they're mostly cross-buy you might); I'm pretty sure that's under $50.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

univbee posted:

OK. It might also be worth checking if you qualify for the upgrade pricing for the whole package (I think this depends on having the PS3 versions of stuff, but since they're mostly cross-buy you might); I'm pretty sure that's under $50.

Nope, unfortunately I was/am a PS4 player. Thanks again.

Technically I can save a dollar or two thanks to the preorder bonus at Amazon, of 20% off - so $48 for the complete collection at Amazon. But that's a $2 savings and you don't get the pretty-awesome Dynamic Theme.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

BisterdDave posted:

I'm a little late to the party, but I really want to grab The Old Hunters DLC. What are the chances of grabbing it on sale in the near future? Are there cheaper ways to get a download code?

just buy it imo. i am an avid "wait for a sale, idiot" type guy but souls dlc is always worth it. you probably got the base game for like $20 anyway

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

its rude to keep your future waifu maria waiting

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I just bought a PSN code off of amazon and popped it into the store to add funds to my wallet, but the site made me log in a couple times in a row and then it claimed the card was used, but no funds have appeared in my wallet. Is this a thing that has happened to anyone else, and to whom do I make an appeal?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Fix posted:

I just bought a PSN code off of amazon and popped it into the store to add funds to my wallet, but the site made me log in a couple times in a row and then it claimed the card was used, but no funds have appeared in my wallet. Is this a thing that has happened to anyone else, and to whom do I make an appeal?

Try logging out and back in, see if the funds appear then.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

sony support

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Sony support it was. Turns out I was an idiot all along.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

bargains in the coups thread https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=2408877&perpage=40&pagenumber=1133#post463536092

Wet Biscuit McGlee
Jul 13, 2006

girls hate me
2 step verification is live in NA. Just activated it on the webstore.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Wet Biscuit McGlee posted:

2 step verification is live in NA. Just activated it on the webstore.

Holy poo poo never thought I'd see it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

with 2 step do you need your phone on you everytime you go to the store or can you set it up to only be required if you try to make account changes and stuff like that?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Does the 2FA work with the PlayStation App?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

with 2 step do you need your phone on you everytime you go to the store or can you set it up to only be required if you try to make account changes and stuff like that?
I think it only kicks in when you log into a new PS4.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Oh man Pandemonium is on sale.
It's been almost 20 years since i played that game. I have fond memories of it.
Kula world is on sale too. I think i only played the demo of it that came with my playstation 1.
Gonna grab em and hope they haven't aged poorly. Kid me enjoyed the poo poo out of those games.

Sefal fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Aug 25, 2016

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Kula World is abstract so doesn't look too dated, and it's still a good puzzle.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

:siren: 2FA is now live in NA :siren:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

EU as well.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

univbee posted:

:siren: 2FA is now live in NA :siren:
sad it happened AFTER i got my account stolen, boo

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

How do you activate it? There doesn't seem to be any posts on the EU blog explaining.

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007

CottonWolf posted:

How do you activate it? There doesn't seem to be any posts on the EU blog explaining.

If you go to Account -> Security at https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com there's a link to a page to set up 2FA.

Weavered
Jun 23, 2013

PSN is having system issues with the reset system (in the UK at least). I've been told that I'll need to try again in 24hours and that's all they can do.

Edit: So immediately after moaning that I'll have to wait a day I try logging in again and it all works fine. Moral of the story, if anyone else has any trouble just keep resubbing until it works.

Weavered fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Aug 25, 2016

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Weavered posted:

PSN is having system issues with the reset system (in the UK at least). I've been told that I'll need to try again in 24hours and that's all they can do.

If this is to do with setting 2FA, try completely signing out from the webstore and signing back in, I had to do that (in Canada, mind you).

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

2FA is cool and great but what the poo poo a combo of numbers and letters with upper and lower case?

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Can you activate the 2FA with the same phone number for multiple accounts?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Oh yeah and make sure you save the 2 backup codes you get in case you want to get into your account and something happens to your phone.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I got ten backup codes

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I got ten backup codes

That's odd they only gave me 2 and they said it is the only 2 you'll get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.

MarcusSA posted:

2FA is cool and great but what the poo poo a combo of numbers and letters with upper and lower case?
Psh. Who needs standard RFC 6238 TOTP, anyway? It's not like it would be ten times more convenient or anything. Freakin' Sony, man...

MarcusSA posted:

That's odd they only gave me 2 and they said it is the only 2 you'll get.
I got ten.

• Locked thread