Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Oh poo poo according to the Famitsu thing we're getting ice magic . I was really surprised that wasn't its own damage type in DS3 and only existed as a status effect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

I was hoping it'd be out sooner than 2 months from now, but I'm grateful for the extra time to finish the 120 star challenge

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i hope its ds2 dlc sized. in fact i hope its a million hours long

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

3 to 4 bosses and a few new areas, please!

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Based on the concept art that was leaked last week we should be exploring an area that's referenced repeatedly in the ds3 proper but it's possible that was for dlc2... Lemme go check something

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Benny D posted:

Based on the concept art that was leaked last week we should be exploring an area that's referenced repeatedly in the ds3 proper but it's possible that was for dlc2... Lemme go check something

There's two DLC's... We might be headed to Angel Land before we embark upon Tentacles-and-Rags Land

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Mother loving ice magic

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm using a rapier on my int guy, I think this is the first time I've used one in these games, I love the moveset especially its weapon art

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also I'm following HolePisser's advice and keeping my weapons unupgraded or low to make the bosses more challenging, beating Vordt was fun cuz I was just using a dagger and doing like 15 damage per attack lol

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
DLC got leaked:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-08-23-dark-souls-3-dlc-expansion-dated-for-october

sounds cool

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

The PvP area will be classic Team Deathmatch, with gamechanging Scorestreaks that players can work towards alone or as a team

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

HolePisser1982 posted:

The PvP area will be classic Team Deathmatch, with gamechanging Scorestreaks that players can work towards alone or as a team

Based Miyazaki......

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

HolePisser1982 posted:

I see the season pass but where do I preorder loot crates

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

not sure where else to post this but the new beta for Nioh (the Japanese "Dark Souls")just went up on PS4 and its apparently very good ..... Downloading now and will report back

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

goferchan posted:

not sure where else to post this but the new beta for Nioh (the Japanese "Dark Souls")just went up on PS4 and its apparently very good ..... Downloading now and will report back

goody.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Wow I missed the first beta but Nioh is fuckin cool

Dec 26, 2012

goferchan posted:

whoa cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol after I helped a guy kill crystal sage he turned to emote at me and as he was jumping for joy he got killed by one of her slow tracking purple orbs and I collapsed in front of him...I feel for the guy

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iu1NCPMC7D0

Here's the goods

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
this is goooood

though why show main game bosses in the trailer?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

jyrque posted:

this is goooood

yeah that was kind of weird. I guess if it's only going to have a few bosses they don't want to show too much of them but the sudden switching from new guys to Dancer and Aldritch then back again was jarring.

Looking cool tho

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

was that boss using the lord vessel as a weapon?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i am loving huge after watching this

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Dongicus posted:

Giant corvian poured molten estus and self-flagellated and burned down his home. I can't get a read on this guy

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Oh you know what all of the old bosses they showed are family members of Gwyn, although oceiros is family by marriage and not by blood

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

what if..what if that was teasing a boss rush

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Check out the shot at 1:17. It looks like the painted world but before the building was destroyed

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
We have animal/human fusions in those flymen so I wonder how Seath is going to be brought back into the story

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Boomstick Quaid posted:

We have animal/human fusions in those flymen so I wonder how Seath is going to be brought back into the story

You know what's gonna really badass is when you stumble across some owl men and find an unusable arch stone

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

There's so many references to demons already I'd be shocked if there wasn't something in this or the second dlc that brings it all full circle

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Dongicus posted:

Estus soup

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

goferchan posted:

Estus soup

Praise the Soup

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

jyrque posted:

this is goooood

they've done it in every dlc trailer for some reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiBjgvFYmb0
DS1 DLC for ref. Same deal w/ Old Hunters.

Dongicus posted:

It looked like the profaned flame + its bowl to me.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Goddamn that looks awesome

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Kild posted:

they've done it in every dlc trailer for some reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiBjgvFYmb0
DS1 DLC for ref. Same deal w/ Old Hunters.

It looked like the profaned flame + its bowl to me.

hmm interesting

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

what if..what if that was teasing a boss rush

please, I can only be so erect

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I don't know if this was known already but I just noticed the game update notes says there's a patch coming tomorrow

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
that looks loving amazing

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Is there a darkwraith sword. I wanna be a darkwraith because the first one I killed dropped the chest piece and now I want it all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

In Training posted:

Is there a darkwraith sword. I wanna be a darkwraith because the first one I killed dropped the chest piece and now I want it all

You get the darkwraith sword from the darkwraiths

• Locked thread