Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
That 3 carry game was when he left with a concussion and then when he came back I think the whole workload caught up with him at once.

More touches for Coleman is good for Freeman

Disclaimer: I am a Devonta Freeman Truther

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
Picking from the third spot in a 12 team 2QB 0.5 PPR league with keepers, and struggling to decide who I should target with my first rounder. My keepers are Todd Gurley and Keenan Allen, and I'm deciding between the best available QB or WR that should fall to me. Here are the possibilities:

QB:
Drew Brees
Andrew Luck

WR:
Deandre Hopkins
AJ Green

I know that in a 2QB league you should really pound on the QB position early, but it also seems like there is a ton of value in the middle tiers of the position this year.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Any advice for picking IDP? (just one)
I have no idea who to go for or when.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Chernabog posted:

depends on your format but typically after your starters are filled out

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Yeah, just one DP is basically a throw-away. Wait until a late round when there's no players on the board that you are enamored with at your current pick and then just take the best LB available

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I'd go Luck or Hopkins, leaning Hopkins. In the 1QB drafts I've had so far, Stafford, Cutler, Tannehill, and Dalton mostly went undrafted or fell really far so you could probably find value there if you decided to go for other positions first. I've never played a 2QB so this could be terrible advice.

Side note, I just paid for a 4for4 Pro suscription. Hopefully it helps compensate for all the football I will miss due to my incoming Sun-Thurs night shift.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Spoeank posted:

That 3 carry game was when he left with a concussion and then when he came back I think the whole workload caught up with him at once.

More touches for Coleman is good for Freeman

Disclaimer: I am a Devonta Freeman Truther

I think realistically what will happen is that Coleman will eat 5-9 carries a game with Freeman getting 13-15 touches in the run game, and then being the primary red zone/third down back. I just really don't think he's that good of a runner out of the backfield and talent wise wouldn't be on the same level as a lot of guys going behind him. He's just in a really good position to be an elite PPR/TD option.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Mikey Purp posted:

Picking from the third spot in a 12 team 2QB 0.5 PPR league with keepers, and struggling to decide who I should target with my first rounder. My keepers are Todd Gurley and Keenan Allen, and I'm deciding between the best available QB or WR that should fall to me. Here are the possibilities:

QB:
Drew Brees
Andrew Luck

WR:
Deandre Hopkins
AJ Green

I know that in a 2QB league you should really pound on the QB position early, but it also seems like there is a ton of value in the middle tiers of the position this year.

The problem with counting on the middle tiers is that since you draft at a relatively high position, your time between your 1st and 2nd pick will be a lot. Same with 3rd and 4th, etc. If there is a run on QB's in between those picks, you could be left with two meh QB's and in a 2 QB league, that is going to hurt.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Chernabog posted:

Get Keuchley. Avoid Watt. Don't reach.

edit: also don't pay Fantasy Football Calculator money.

quote:

Hi,

Sorry, we do not support IDP at this time.

Kevin

quote:

Well you should at least support detailed point systems. For instance my league gets .3 PPR, that should be an option. People are having more and more detailed scoring systems. My league had a summit and argued for an hour whether it should be 0.2 or 0.3 PPR and your options are 1 or 2 or 0.

quote:

Yes, we hope to support that next year.

Kevin

This site is for simpletons!

kiimo fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Aug 24, 2016

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Chernabog posted:

Is there big play scoring or is it one of those default "tackles=best points" scoring?

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

This is the scoring:
Tackle:1 point
Assisted Tackles:0.5 points
Sack:2 points
Defense Interception:2 points
Forced Fumble:2 points
Fumbles Recovery:1.5 points
Touchdown (Interception return):6 points
Touchdown (Fumble return):6 points
Touchdown (Blocked kick):6 points
Blocked Kick (punt, FG, PAT):1 point
Safety:2 points
Interception Return Yards:1 point per 10 yards
Fumble Return Yards:1 point per 10 yards
Tackles for Loss Bonus:0.5 points
10+ Tackles Bonus:2 points
2+ Sacks Bonus:1 point
50+ Yard INT Return TD Bonus:2 points
50+ Yard Fumble Return TD Bonus:2 points

And thanks for all the advice.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
With that scoring I'd follow the advice given.

Teemu Pokemon posted:

Wait until a late round when there's no players on the board that you are enamored with at your current pick and then just take the best LB available

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
There are like 20 LB1s. Get one in the last round if it's 1 DP

OR take Bowman 1.01 :swoon:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Or just pick up whoever this year's Telvin Smith is and get LB6 for free off the WW :getin:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
in my idp only league Khalil Mack hung up 56 fantasy points in one game.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Hey all, have a question about standard number of bench slots for a 12-team league (1 QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, W/R/T, K, DEF).

The plan this year was to remove one bench slot and one guy in the league was very vocal about wanting to remove two. When I actually checked the settings, we had 7 bench slots :stare: . Whoops. Is 5 and an IR more fair?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
My redraft league uses 6 Bn spots no IR. So 5 and 1 IR is probably fine.

Felter Chesthard
Sep 11, 2001
My work league is making some big changes this season. Going to 12 teams, 1 PPR, 6 PPTD, and .25 points per completion. Looks like I will be picking 12th.

Based on previous years I am thinking my ideal possible picks will be a combination of Miller/Bell and Bryant/Green/Robinson at the first turn and I think there's a chance Rodgers will make it to my third where I will grab him and Edelman. If Rodgers isn't there I'll probably wait for a QB but should I be changing my strategy?

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Felter Chesthard posted:

My work league is making some big changes this season. Going to 12 teams, 1 PPR, 6 PPTD, and .25 points per completion. Looks like I will be picking 12th.

Based on previous years I am thinking my ideal possible picks will be a combination of Miller/Bell and Bryant/Green/Robinson at the first turn and I think there's a chance Rodgers will make it to my third where I will grab him and Edelman. If Rodgers isn't there I'll probably wait for a QB but should I be changing my strategy?

I would take top 5 qb with one of your first two picks with those scoring settings. If there is a major run then hold off and grab best player available.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I railed against decreasing bench slots but my league voted to do it.

I found that when you don't have a lot of bench slots it actually makes it more fun. You know there are capable players out there and since we use a lottery system for free agents there is wheeling and dealing galore.

You have to make tough decisions and good players don't get stashed on benches all year.

I really recommend it.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I'm trying to get my 12-teamer (about to start its 8th season) to vote to transition from a snake draft keeper league to a dynasty auction. It's a bit unorthodox, so I'm trying to hash out exactly what that would entail and how we would work out who gets to keep whom and at what values. Here's what I have so far:

Current Rules:

- Roster is QB, WRx2, RBx2, TE, W/T, Flex, K, D flex, DBx3, LBx3, DL, 8 BN

- You can keep 2 offense, 2 IDP, and one player of choice. The two teams that make the final get an additional extra choice keeper, and you can keep any player drafted in the last 5 rounds for free for one year without counting toward your base keepers (following that they become a base keeper and move to the round below your next-highest keeper)

- Free agents start in round 16 and move up (15, 14, 13, etc.) with each additional FA kept

What I'm thinking:

- Since it'll be a dynasty league instead of a keeper league (ie. no limit on keepers/keep entire starting roster and draft rookies and bench/etc.), I'm thinking that we keep the original "5 keeper" format for the first year and allow teams to port over 5 players into the new league.

- How I'm thinking of determining value:

A) Take kept player's market cost from [source?] ie. One player currently has David Johnson as a keeper. David Johnson's projected cost according to Yahoo (our engine) is $55
B) Determine the relative "discount" ie. David Johnson is an FA keeper (rd 16), though his current ADP is that of a 1st rounder. That is a 15 round "discount"
C) Establish some sort of (rolling?) scale to equate round value "discount" to auction value "discount" ie. For argument's sake, we establish a 2% discount per round, which would mean that Johnson holds a 30% discount, allowing him to establish a base cost in the first year of $17

Obviously this is just a WIP, but I'm thinking something like that could work. Anyone have any insight on how they would think to go about something like this? I'd love some input.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Teemu Pokemon posted:

I'm trying to get my 12-teamer (about to start its 8th season) to vote to transition from a snake draft keeper league to a dynasty auction. It's a bit unorthodox, so I'm trying to hash out exactly what that would entail and how we would work out who gets to keep whom and at what values. Here's what I have so far:

Current Rules:

- Roster is QB, WRx2, RBx2, TE, W/T, Flex, K, D flex, DBx3, LBx3, DL, 8 BN

- You can keep 2 offense, 2 IDP, and one player of choice. The two teams that make the final get an additional extra choice keeper, and you can keep any player drafted in the last 5 rounds for free for one year without counting toward your base keepers (following that they become a base keeper and move to the round below your next-highest keeper)

- Free agents start in round 16 and move up (15, 14, 13, etc.) with each additional FA kept

What I'm thinking:

- Since it'll be a dynasty league instead of a keeper league (ie. no limit on keepers/keep entire starting roster and draft rookies and bench/etc.), I'm thinking that we keep the original "5 keeper" format for the first year and allow teams to port over 5 players into the new league.

- How I'm thinking of determining value:

A) Take kept player's market cost from [source?] ie. One player currently has David Johnson as a keeper. David Johnson's projected cost according to Yahoo (our engine) is $55
B) Determine the relative "discount" ie. David Johnson is an FA keeper (rd 16), though his current ADP is that of a 1st rounder. That is a 15 round "discount"
C) Establish some sort of (rolling?) scale to equate round value "discount" to auction value "discount" ie. For argument's sake, we establish a 2% discount per round, which would mean that Johnson holds a 30% discount, allowing him to establish a base cost in the first year of $17

Obviously this is just a WIP, but I'm thinking something like that could work. Anyone have any insight on how they would think to go about something like this? I'd love some input.

Honestly probably easiest to just redraft totally. If people really want to keep their keepers, I think having some set conversion of round to auction value makes the most sense. The guy that kept David Johnson for a 16th shouldn't be penalized for it by making him cost market value or some rolling scale discount; in a dynasty format, if you get a stud for pennies, you keep the stud for pennies, not try to re-weight the value to make it more fair. It especially shouldn't be based on redraft auction prices, if that's what Yahoo goes by.

Seems like the point of importing keepers is not to worry about parity when transitioning to dynasty, whereas some sliding scale discount system would be trying to enforce some parity. At that point, why not just have a start up auction with no keepers kept?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

MacheteZombie posted:

Any word on getting the sheets back up?
Sorry to bother.

Will attempt to use Google Drive tonight when I get home.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

RVProfootballer posted:

Honestly probably easiest to just redraft totally. If people really want to keep their keepers, I think having some set conversion of round to auction value makes the most sense. The guy that kept David Johnson for a 16th shouldn't be penalized for it by making him cost market value or some rolling scale discount; in a dynasty format, if you get a stud for pennies, you keep the stud for pennies, not try to re-weight the value to make it more fair. It especially shouldn't be based on redraft auction prices, if that's what Yahoo goes by.

Seems like the point of importing keepers is not to worry about parity when transitioning to dynasty, whereas some sliding scale discount system would be trying to enforce some parity. At that point, why not just have a start up auction with no keepers kept?

Because the jerkoffs in my league would never be okay with that so I need to jump through hoops to figure out a solution that will appease everyone. I also think that it would be nice to have people have the option to keep some of their already established players if we're moving from an already existing keeper league. I would agree if we were moving over from a re-draft, but i think there's some inherit complications with moving from keeper to dynasty AND change draft formats

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Aug 24, 2016

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Keeper question time. I've got pick #9 in a 10-team 2-QB 0.5 PPR league. Need to decide between:

- Russell Wilson (2.02)
- Doug Baldwin (9.09)

My other keeper is Gurley (5.09) :getin:

Baldwin is better value, but I'm pretty sure no one is being kept in the first round, so I'm thinking about keeping Wilson in the 2nd just to prevent another team from scooping him up. Pretty sure I could grab Baldwin in the 6th.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

You are right that Baldwin is better value based on his ADP but in a 2-QB league, I wouldn't mind locking up Wilson in the 2nd.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

MrSargent posted:

You are right that Baldwin is better value based on his ADP but in a 2-QB league, I wouldn't mind locking up Wilson in the 2nd.

Yeah, I'd take Wilson here.

Teemu Pokemon posted:

Because the jerkoffs in my league would never be okay with that so I need to jump through hoops to figure out a solution that will appease everyone. I also think that it would be nice to have people have the option to keep some of their already established players if we're moving from an already existing keeper league. I would agree if we were moving over from a re-draft, but i think there's some inherit complications with moving from keeper to dynasty AND change draft formats

Well, is there any reason you can't do something like try to calculate the average auction price for players in a given round, then set the kept players' prices to that, without any additional penalty or discount? If the league format wasn't changing, David Johnson would be a 16th rounder. What is the rationale for making him cost more in auction bucks than he'd cost in snake draft picks? This still doesn't solve the problem of using redraft prices, but at least it abstracts it much more: rather than assuming Adrian Peterson, for example, is worth 1/4 of your budget, you're assuming any dynasty 1st rounder would be worth about that (or whatever the average ends up being). Is there something that this procedure would fail to do that you're trying to make happen?

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I need impartial opinions.

In a 14-team PPR league where you start QB/2RB/2WR/TE + RB/WR flex + WR/TE flex... two teams just traded Andrew Luck ($17 at auction) and Michael Floyd ($13) at auction. For reference, 14-team PPR ADP is here:
https://fantasyfootballcalculator.com/adp.php?format=ppr&year=2016&teams=14&view=graph&pos=all

One owner is threatening to quit the league because the trade was too imbalanced, and is concerned about collusion. How should the commissioner respond? Trade rules include the following words:

quote:

TRADES
Trades may be made between two owners on a nearly unrestricted basis. There is a trade deadline (after week 6), exact time on league settings page.

Trades will be approved within 36 hours by the commissioner. Only trades that are deemed harmful to the overall integrity of the league will be rejected. Collusive trades (such as 'loaning' players for a week or two) fall under this category.

Thanks.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Not collusion, I would allow the trade. The dude threatening to quit is being a baby.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Thanks goons, wanted to make sure I wasn't over-thinking it.

MrSargent posted:

Not collusion, I would allow the trade. The dude threatening to quit is being a baby.

Yep, that trade is fine.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

pmchem posted:

I need impartial opinions.

In a 14-team PPR league where you start QB/2RB/2WR/TE + RB/WR flex + WR/TE flex... two teams just traded Andrew Luck ($17 at auction) and Michael Floyd ($13) at auction. For reference, 14-team PPR ADP is here:
https://fantasyfootballcalculator.com/adp.php?format=ppr&year=2016&teams=14&view=graph&pos=all

One owner is threatening to quit the league because the trade was too imbalanced, and is concerned about collusion. How should the commissioner respond? Trade rules include the following words:

Thanks.

Send them that ADP link, remind them that they were $4 apart in the league auction so clearly similarly valuable in your particular league, and tell them that even if it did seem unfair that unfair trades are not collusion. Basically tell them to figure it out or leave, because if they're going to complain about that trade, they're going to complain about just about any trade they're not involved in.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
I'm in a couple leagues this year but none that are doing a snake draft this year (other than the 20 team league which is amazing but a totally different animal). Are there any free goon leagues or anything else somebody knows about with an open spot that are 10-12 players and doing a snake draft? I've been looking over these forums but couldn't find anything.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Okay, thank you for the comments. I was one of the teams in the trade, of course. For reference, the teams were very QB-needy and WR-needy post draft, and had traded with each other in the prior season. The league is 5pts per passing TD.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Chernabog posted:

Look at your scoring and figure out if it prioritizes LBs, DBs or DL the most.

MLBs in 4-3 defenses tend to soak up tackles. For DBs, strong safeties tend to be more in the mix as far as points are concerned. DEs tend to get more sacks than DTs.

These are very very base generalizations that can give you at least some semblance of a strategy.

And do not draft on name recognition. The guys you probably would recognize are oldballs.

Suave Fedora fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Aug 25, 2016

axelord
Dec 28, 2012

College Slice
Beersheets are back up if anyone needs them

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

BigSexyWitGlasses posted:

I'd like some advice on what to do with my No. 2 pick in the draft I'm scheduled to have tomorrow; All 14 teams kept 2 players of their choice and mine are A.J. Green & Drew Brees. Apparently the 1st pick is going to be Ezekiel Elliot and that leaves me next and I'm pretty undecided. It's a 1 ppr league, 6 pt rushing & receiving tds, 4 pt passing, that's pretty much the most important poo poo I guess.

Here's a list of the top 10 or so guys available at WR & RB that will be available to me to take 2nd

RB
Devonta Freeman
CJ Anderson
Doug Martin
Mark Ingram
Lesean McCoy
DeMarco Murray
Carlos Hyde
Thomas Rawls
Latavius Murray
Duke Johnson
Matt Forte

WR
Alshon Jeffrey
Keenan Allen
Demaryius Thomas
Sammy Watkins
Julian Edelman
Randall Cobb
Jarvis Landry
Golden Tate
Tyler Lockett
Donte Moncrief

One ppr, you need to take some share of Jeffrey / Allen / Thomas and not look back. Freeman is viable, but the other picks at WR seem safer.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

axelord posted:

Beersheets are back up if anyone needs them

News to me!

axelord
Dec 28, 2012

College Slice

Yeah your drop box link is working again no idea why

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

axelord posted:

Yeah your drop box link is working again no idea why

DropBox hadn't specified what was going on. Hopefully I'll get a response tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelord
Dec 28, 2012

College Slice

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

DropBox hadn't specified what was going on. Hopefully I'll get a response tomorrow.

And man thanks for putting the sheets up they are a great help!!!

• Locked thread