Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

But I think those are eyes...
(source)
I Am OK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Tongues posted:

We don't really get this in Australia, it's more of a cultural cringe that we're not doing exactly what everyone else is doing and therefore we're bad and should feel bad and also go watch afl unless you hate mateship and larrikinism and the anzacs you isis wog poofter

Most days at work for me hearing that stuff, it's great

trem_two posted:

words and that

I love the way the first quote starts out reasonably rational then descends into insanity. Guy should :justpost: more

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

his point about america being the best at covering/packaging/broadcasting sport is pretty bizarre, especially since i'm reading it during the olympics

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Good point about breaking into the US market being very important though. Considering their population is 5x of the UK and 7x of Spain. And very wealthy.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
we should have more advanced stats imo

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

That was glorious.

When was the last time we got a new poster? It feels like a long time.

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Ewar Woowar posted:

That was glorious.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Ewar Woowar posted:

That was glorious.

Josh Lyman

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Yes YES

quote:

Strikers are always expected to score, but as Paul Tenorio notes, goals shouldn't be the only standard we use to evaluate Jozy Altidore.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

I miss Jozy Chat

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Ewar Woowar posted:

I miss Jozy Chat

Keep in mind that quote is from an article about his MLS tenure lol

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Oh man, that deadline.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Ewar Woowar posted:

I miss Jozy Chat
same OP, wish another prem side would take a punt on Big Josmer

just not west ham please and thank you

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
It's a shame that nobody in their right mind would sign him again. Those were marvelous threads.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

It's a shame that nobody in their right mind would sign him again. Those were marvelous threads.

i wouldn't say every premier league club is necessarily in their right mind

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if a club was dumb enough to be sold on the *~marketing opportunities~* that come with signing a True American Soccer Hero

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Everyone is still saying Arsenal need to sign a new striker....

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Modify soccer rules: Years ago, during a basketball game, a team that is leading would hang on and freeze the ball so the opposing team would not get a chance to shoot. As a result the basketball organization created the rule requiring the team in possession to shoot for the basket within 24 seconds after they get the ball.

Football has a similar rule to make a snap. Same with water polo. Baseball is also looking at a timing system to speed up the game.

The U.S. Soccer team lost to Sweden when their offense was effectively countered by Sweden's defensive tactics and Sweden won via penalty kicks. As reported, Sweden employed the same strategy to defeat Brazil. Hence, U.S. goalie Hope Solo, described them as "cowards". ("Rapinoe has words for Solo," Aug. 19).

Perhaps, it is about time that soccer rules be modified to require a team to try to shoot for the goal within some specified time or some other process.

Al Arboleda

Northeast Portland

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

After all these years, surely we're getting close to having enough evidence to just ban all Americans

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

The american obsession with fixing football is so great to watch imo.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

African AIDS cum posted:

Modify soccer rules: Years ago, during a basketball game, a team that is leading would hang on and freeze the ball so the opposing team would not get a chance to shoot. As a result the basketball organization created the rule requiring the team in possession to shoot for the basket within 24 seconds after they get the ball.

Football has a similar rule to make a snap. Same with water polo. Baseball is also looking at a timing system to speed up the game.

The U.S. Soccer team lost to Sweden when their offense was effectively countered by Sweden's defensive tactics and Sweden won via penalty kicks. As reported, Sweden employed the same strategy to defeat Brazil. Hence, U.S. goalie Hope Solo, described them as "cowards". ("Rapinoe has words for Solo," Aug. 19).

Perhaps, it is about time that soccer rules be modified to require a team to try to shoot for the goal within some specified time or some other process.

Al Arboleda

Northeast Portland

of loving course it's Portland

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
i agree with him though

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

African AIDS cum posted:

Al Arboleda

Northeast Portland

"Al" have some of that lol

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

San Francisco made, our web products are world class

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Probably the wrong thread, but I don't think I'm supposed to share this in the other threads.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cqcjkj9WgAAaNWm.jpg

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

This should be in the advanced stats thread.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

:newlol:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

lmao

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Obviously wrong thread!

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
That's great and I hope that Hairstyle Stats becomes a thing.

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

amazing

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

lmao

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

drat, that's amazing.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
:eyepop: Yeah, definitely wrong thread.

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013
Phone posting but you might enjoy - Steve Bruce; football manager, large head, author:

http://thesetpieces.com/features/sweeper-steve-bruce-review/

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Insanely Sikh posted:

Phone posting but you might enjoy - Steve Bruce; football manager, large head, author:

http://thesetpieces.com/features/sweeper-steve-bruce-review/

you forgot menopausal dinnerlady

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/TheShortFuse/status/769563410526707713

(zombie dust is an IPA)