Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I was going to say that they don't give tv shows away to everyone but they sort of do now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I've really been enjoying having the TV show on in the background lately. It's the perfect show for just chill watching. I kinda figured it'd go this way, though. Hit 100 episodes and you can get syndicated, so the writing was on the wall. Will dig whatever Scott gets into next.

e: Oh, and as much as I love Todd and The Todd Glass Show, that camping show was really mediocre. He achieved the relaxed, conversational atmosphere he wanted, but to the show's detriment. It just felt like watching people have a conversation and crack some jokes, and it felt overly edited. The beauty of The Todd Glass Show is the bits, and they just weren't present here.

Also, despite all the hype around The Bitter Buddha, Eddie Pepitone has never appealed to me despite me respecting his comedy, so that could have been a factor. He should have had PFT and Jen Kirkman as his first guests, they're the allstars of his podcast.

It is pretty much the polar opposite of the CBB show in terms of sincerity.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Aug 18, 2016

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Colonel Whitey posted:

RIP the TV show. 10 more episodes. I liked it

Ooof. It was definitely my favorite current TV show, I eagerly watched it every week, but feels like it's maybe been a little time coming. The way they burned through this current season's half with double episodes was really strange. I thought it was by far the funniest thing on TV, but it was definitely running on fumes. And Scott seemed to not enjoy making it anymore. RIP!

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.
Luckily Scott has the insane successes of Howl to fall back on

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I like the 'Howl is a sweatshop' ads they've been doing on Hollywood Handbook

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

I like the 'Howl is a sweatshop' ads they've been doing on Hollywood Handbook

That and Scott being a sadistic weirdo.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/neilerdude/status/766340141371621376

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

The Ape of Naples posted:

Ahhhh. It kinda makes sense though they put out a poo poo ton of episodes.

Both PFT and Scott have canceled shows. They need to combine forces for something new.

Going by podcast scuttlebutt working with PFT on a show is how you lose friendships.

beeman
May 7, 2008

I am going to miss the show. it was very really good

GoutPatrol posted:

Going by podcast scuttlebutt working with PFT on a show is how you lose friendships.

scott and PFT seemed to get along just fine after mr show at least

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

GoutPatrol posted:

What's this in reference to?

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

i am the bird posted:

What's this in reference to?

Him and Tom Scharpling don't talk anymore after they tried to make a show together

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
I'm probably in the minority of people that got into Comedy Bang Bang through the TV show first. I'm really going to miss it, but I am happy that it got as long of a run as it did.

sambafish
Sep 24, 2008

If you havin' hull problems I feel bad for you son/
I got 99 problems, but a breach ain't one/

The Ape of Naples posted:

I can't remember the ep but I'm sure he talked about this on one of his podcasts. Any early episode. Probably one with Rory Scovil.

The first time I can recall him talking about this was on an appearance he did back on Never Not Funny Season 4.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

GoutPatrol posted:

That must be why he's only ever on once a year on the best-ofs

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I kind of wish CBB was recorded as far ahead of time as Spont so we could get two shows with months of "Editors note: This has been cancelled" interruptions in the plugs.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Teenage Fansub posted:

I kind of wish CBB was recorded as far ahead of time as Spont so we could get two shows with months of "Editors note: This has been cancelled" interruptions in the plugs.

Was that just a thing he did because he knew the tour was coming up or does he really just tape things 3-4 months in advance?

reality_groove
Dec 27, 2007

:siren: :britain: :siren:

In case anyone in the UK isn't aware, there's a CBB live tour in September with dates in London, Leeds, Nottingham and Manchester.

Tickets go on sale on Monday but if you're on O2 Priority you can prebook London tickets now.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

That Joshy movie is pretty good.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

:allears:

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

thats an odd choice of cities for a uk tour

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
In that they go north rather than south? Ya, bit odd.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

its mostly including nottingham but not birmingham thats bemusing (and disappointing) me

e: im guessing theyve used a uk promoter who only operates in those four cities

Phoon fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Aug 22, 2016

cams
Mar 28, 2003

MICHAEL

IT'S YOUR COUSIN

MARVIN

MARVIN PHELPS

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

that's a good episode.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
Neil was crazy good. Again.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

I can tell I'm going to start interjecting "BABY!" in a thick New Jersey accent into my daily speech and I'm not proud.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

A lot of people have seen a kid on the same day they jacked off

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
This might have been my favorite episode of the year.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Help Im Alive posted:

A lot of people have seen a kid on the same day they jacked off

Sage wisdom.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Great episode, but eww, Soylent and DraftKings commercials.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

GobiasIndustries posted:

Was that just a thing he did because he knew the tour was coming up or does he really just tape things 3-4 months in advance?

I feel like Spont's always been recorded months in advance even with studio eps.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

kdrudy posted:

Great episode, but eww, Soylent and DraftKings commercials.

DraftKings is back? drat Scott is slumming it.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
This article's headline is blatant false advertising, someone get Gelman on the case:

https://backchannel.com/an-exclusive-look-at-how-ai-and-machine-learning-work-at-apple-8dbfb131932b#.lfm28exb1

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

cams posted:

MICHAEL

IT'S YOUR COUSIN

MARVIN

MARVIN PHELPS

The weird thing is that just that day I had been thinking how that BTTF scene annoys me. If they are cousins and have the same surname, you wouldn't say your surname when you announce who you are. I think the people who got the joke would still have got it without him stating that his name is "Berry". Going too far to explain a joke or otherwise hold someone's hand is a bug bear.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Maybe Chuck Berry has a lot of cousins named Marvin?

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
$70 for a post-show meet and greet on the Australian tour. This is in addition to the $90+ ticket to see the show.

I love those guys but I guess I'm going to forgo the meeting and greeting.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

GobiasIndustries posted:

This might have been my favorite episode of the year.

yeah, it was a great one.

Also, I didn't see the guest names and thought Marvin was Horatio Sanz until I looked it up after listening.

NotWearingPants fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Aug 25, 2016

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one

tnimark posted:

$70 for a post-show meet and greet on the Australian tour. This is in addition to the $90+ ticket to see the show.

I love those guys but I guess I'm going to forgo the meeting and greeting.

From the Howl.fm tour best-of eps it kinda sounds like they were not the hugest fan of doing them

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It seems like it would be awkward

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
From everything we've ever heard and also from looking at him I can 100% tell you that Scott Aukerman has no interest in meeting or greeting anyone, up to and including his own parents, except maybe for his wife and like 4 friends.