Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Was Bleach good?
This poll is closed.
yah 57 21.03%
nah 214 78.97%
Total: 271 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Doresh
Jan 7, 2015

TheKingofSprings posted:

Chad was closer to second, Ishida was first.

E: but then again Chad was smart enough to leverage his insane ghost muscles to destroy a competitive sport and become a millionaire so I guess book smarts aren't everything?

Chad was smart enough to know that profesisonal mainstream sport is where the real money is made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ampuli
Nov 23, 2013
Chad protects his money with his fists

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Boxing chess master.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Rukia's shikai was pretty cool. I liked the way she killed the #9 Espada with it: pierced on his trident, sword broken, she turns the broken blade to ice inside his head. Metal.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

rukia's ice shikai was better than histugaya's ice shikai

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Manatee Cannon posted:

rukia's ice shikai was better than histugaya's ice shikai

Until Kubo got bored and decided that her shikai was actually completely different for some reason and it lost all its various cool and versatile forms for "something something I diagonally cut you at absolute zero"

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

TheKingofSprings posted:

It's the difference between a few cuts here and there and stabbing him right through his ghost throat which he was completely capable of doing.

a perforated ghost throat isn't a particularly severe injury

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
actually ichigo could have cut byakuya into pieces so small they were subject to quantum mechanics and he still would have been fine a week later

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

why didn't mayuri make yamamoto into a zombie

he made those arrancar into them before any of that quincy stuff happened so it's not like he couldn't do it

Ampuli
Nov 23, 2013
Same reason he didn't make Unoahana a zombie when she just got stabbed through with a sword

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

well for that one he just wasn't around at the time so I can understand it

Doresh
Jan 7, 2015

Manatee Cannon posted:

why didn't mayuri make yamamoto into a zombie

he made those arrancar into them before any of that quincy stuff happened so it's not like he couldn't do it

Ampuli posted:

Same reason he didn't make Unoahana a zombie when she just got stabbed through with a sword

Why would he revive the only ones that could stop him from taking over SS if he felt like it? Which, considering he's Mayuri and all, is probably a thought he has at least twice a day.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Seriously, Mayuri just felt so out of place when Kubo decided to have SS be mostly okay. Like, Kenpachi's a psycho but he's a psycho who's happy to stay on a leash as long as he gets to fight stuff, and everyone else ranged from "Well-intentioned but too Dogmatic" to "Completely on the level." But you've just got Ghost Mengele hanging around acting like he's funny.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
A little piece of me is hoping for a small amount of epilogue just to tie up the fucke on of loose ends out there

Partially out of my weekly habit.

Partly because it annoys me.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
originally mayuri was in a maximum security prison, and really that's where he should have stayed. everything pointed to urahara being secretly evil except for the fact that he really wasn't.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Serious Frolicking posted:

everything pointed to urahara being secretly evil except for the fact that he really wasn't.

Functionally the biggest waste of potential manga, and that's saying a lot.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Urahara sticks things into women's butts without consent and tortures humans on the verge of death with his friends. Let's not pretend he's not evil as gently caress. He's just aligned with the hero.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Literally everything points to Aizen being the hero including the ending. Everyone else is evil or loving clueless like ichigo.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

[in aizen voice] What made you think I was ever the villain?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i never watched bleach past soul society, when did aizen become a good guy

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
When he turned out to be completely right the entire time.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Cake Attack posted:

After he went furniture shopping

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Cake Attack posted:

Soul society is full of murderers and thugs and Aizen was against that. Then Aizen distributed the power to the disenfranchised citizens of hueco mundo. Afterwards, he decided to overthrow soul society and the disgusting king they mindlessly served by sacrificing the humans that they swore they would protect. For this, he was imprisoned in central 46. But when crisis struck again, they needed him to help defeat Ywach. Aizen saw the future unfold and every action he took created the time line where our heroes live to be merry and justice is restored. Thanks, Aizen.

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010
Well if we're to believe the short conversation Ywach and Aizen have all, Aizen ever cared about was to gently caress up anyone who was above him or tried to control him. Thus, despite Aizen having a beef with Ichigo, he'd rather help Ichigo kill him.

Since Ywach and Ichigo took care of the Soul King, I guess Aizen is just fine not giving a poo poo about anything else and is content to just sit around being immortal knowing he's on top of the food chain now.

The other thing, is Ywach's last words to Ichigo. He says that because Ichigo killed him, Ichigo damned the entire universe to stay the way it is. I assuming that means that because of all the poo poo that's gone down with Ywach absorbing the Soul King, now that Ywach is dead there is no being capable anymore of changing the universe/attempt to change the balance between spirit and real world.

If this is the case, if Aizen had any desire to change things, he no longer has that opportunity to do so. The last chapter even seems to have him believing Ywach was wrong to think that the current balance is entirely a bad thing cause of blah blah "courage" to keep on living despite death might be coming at any time.

Why the universe hasn't exploded now that the Soul King is dead I assume is either Aizen becoming the new Soul King who's sole function at this point is only to maintain the balance, or that dude with ghost cancer sacrificing himself to maintain the balance. If they were a bit more clear on who the gently caress the Soul King actually was, how he came about, and how and why he formed everything the way he did this would be an easier ending to buy.

Also, btw, how the gently caress is Ichigo immune to Aizen's illusions? Did they ever explain that fully? I assumed at one point its either cause Ichigo just never saw him release his power (which we know now doesn't matter cause Aizen can set it up before hand) or that Ichigo was half-everything and that somehow made him different (which also shouldn't matter since he should technically just be pure Shinigami now).

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Spoilers are out for the next chapter.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
ichigo never saw aizen release his shikai. also, nothing ywach said meant anything. every word that came out of his mouth was meaningless babbling.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

You may think that I can see the future, but you're wrong.

In fact, I can see the future!

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Cake Attack posted:

When he warned Don Kanoji to keep his distance.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Rudoku posted:

When he warned Don Kanoji to keep his distance.

That wasn't for Don Kanoji's sake... it was for Aizen's!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

but anyway, this page is hilarious because in the world of bleach life and death are already completely meaningless. if you die and become a ghost, then you can live for hundreds of years in a living, breathing ghost body.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

but anyway, this page is hilarious because in the world of bleach life and death are already completely meaningless. if you die and become a ghost, then you can live for hundreds of years in a living, breathing ghost body.

And if you die as a ghost you reincarnate.

No, really. Check the Kenpachi fight vs Komamura.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

The goal of any fight that doesn't involve quincy is to change your opponent's ghost polarity

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
"I want to make a world where everyone lives happy and has no fear of death (beat) Just don't get in my way or I will murder you at your happiest moment and kick you outside of the reincarnation circle :toughguy: I'm totally the misunderstood villain"

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

lezard_valeth posted:

"I want to make a world where everyone lives happy and has no fear of death (beat) Just don't get in my way or I will murder you at your happiest moment and kick you outside of the reincarnation circle :toughguy: I'm totally the misunderstood villain"

no, don't engage him! he will start talking about his powers again.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
i hope the next wsj release has twenty pages of "This Space Intentionally Left Blank"

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

no, don't engage him! he will start talking about his powers again.

Twenty words or less!

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

I guess its referring to hollows and pluses and regret and poo poo? Like the poo poo from before SS.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Just a reminder that this is a panel that actually exists.

why was renji even there

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

BlitzBlast posted:

Just a reminder that this is a panel that actually exists.

why was renji even there

To make the switcharoo a surprise so only the observant would know it was always Aizen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doresh
Jan 7, 2015

Also a little bit late to go the "I'm totally the good guy, honest! If only you didn't kill me, I would've totally made everything better for everyone!" route.

• Locked thread