Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

No some Russian guy made a video claiming mesas are the stumps of ancient giant tree-like silicon plants and it's the latest craze among conspiracy theorists

Also they were harvested by giant atlanteans to build pyramids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Darth123123 posted:

I thought govt stimulus was good for the markets and people :(

It's what they wanted you to think. It's the lie they always tell. When you're starving in Heaven, and dreaming of Hell.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

No some Russian guy made a video claiming mesas are the stumps of ancient giant tree-like silicon plants and it's the latest craze among conspiracy theorists

I think it's worth sharing as a good introduction to the colorful world of crazy conspiracy theorists

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHkiZNT3cyE

Milky Joe
Feb 21, 2007

Comin atcha like a beam, like a ray, like a rooster, like a goose trapped in the rafters of a barn in Shropshire

vyst posted:

what's wrong with that

gently caress off

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Darth123123 posted:

I thought govt stimulus was good for the markets and people :(

depends on what you do with it, and to what extent. It matters who it's good for too; it might not be good for cheese prices but it's good for the food banks getting cheap cheese.

the agriculture industry has been receiving subsidies in the USA for quite a long time so ofc there's gluts in supply. Generally this is seen as an accepted evil though to ensure we have enough food supply so we don't starve in lean times or during financial crises.

but please don't eat more cheese that's all I'm getting at; we're fat enough

LGD posted:

there are extremely good reasons we have programs in place to avoid having our food producers boom and bust like Moridin was suggesting

yeah i was mostly just reacting to some dairy farmer in that article going 'well prices are cheap i guess i'll produce more cheese to make up for it lol'

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Aug 24, 2016

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Moridin920 posted:

but please don't eat more cheese that's all I'm getting at; we're fat enough

It's more the carbs and sugar that make people fat, not the cheese :eng101:

Also, the dairy industry in Canada is super hosed.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Lots of sugar isn't good for you and yeah we have some fat subsidies on that too for some reason but it's really just caloric intake in the end if all we're talking about is weight.

And it's true that the amount of cheese consumed is up like 3x versus 1970 and also that cheese is crazy calorie dense.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
This thread is like a loving Facebook feed now

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
I loving wish. My facebook feed would be much more palatable if it was primarily cheese centric conversations.

"I had a tasty brie the other day."

"Do tell!"

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i rolled up a small wheel of brie into some puff pastry with some cranberry sauce and baked it until golden brown and ate it because im a fat fat fat fatty fat fat

it was good though

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
i ate two fancy cheeses today but i have already forgotten their names i'm sorry

they were really good though

one was french the other from a spain

wyntyr
Mar 27, 2006

Lichy posted:

cheese and crackers go together pretty well

this did not go unnoticed my friend

Khorne
May 1, 2002
It's apparently "go to the UK" week on my facebook feed. Eight unrelated people went there. At least half caught a mr.mime in pokemon go.

8-Bit Scholar posted:

i ate two fancy cheeses today but i have already forgotten their names i'm sorry

they were really good though

one was french the other from a spain
I mostly eat extra sharp cheddar. Preferably white and New York tends to be better than Vermont in the brand I get, but it's probably not true in general.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
The best cheese is port salut

thanks for reading

Un chien andalou
Oct 22, 2008

The pipe is leaking

8-Bit Scholar posted:

The best cheese is port salut

thanks for reading

Roquefort would like a word with you.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Lichy posted:

cheese and crackers go together pretty well

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
goat cheese is top tier

wyntyr
Mar 27, 2006
I recently had some Wensleydale with cherries in it and it was amazing, like a cherry tart. Not something I'd eat every day but amazing.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Put some Stilton cheese on a buffalo burger, its like biting a cow and eating its guts, yummy

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
re d leicester motherfucker

a ray
Aug 24, 2016

by Cowcaster
Dongs

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
You must really like Harambe

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Thanks, I'm gay now

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Harambe appreciates the support.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

why isn't this retarded poo poo being posted in image form by my hilariously fat aunt

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

kazr posted:

why isn't this retarded poo poo being posted in image form by my hilariously fat aunt

Probably because she's like one of my in-laws who continually tells me that they've done a low-carb diet before and it worked great, and they could totally go back on it whenever they want, and they totally will next week or some poo poo, yet they can barely walk up a flight of stairs because their knees are trying to deal with the weight, and meanwhile, I've lost almost 40 lbs in a few months :allears:

I eat bacon, too! :ssh:

Edit: to tie this into fb poo poo, I use one weird trick that everybody HATES. Number #3 will surprise you!

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Aug 25, 2016

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

facebook.png: cheese.txt

the ol pump-n-bump
Jul 27, 2004

by Smythe
How many garlic breads for every existing gender

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

re: water being able to form holographic memories via quantum effects; this is the current "theory" for homeopathic medicine. They acknowledge that poo poo that gets diluted 16x or 32x no longer has any molecules of a medicinal substance in it, but wait dude, it still works because the water has a "memory" of the nightshade or whatever the hell was originally in it, and that cures cancer.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

kazr posted:

Couldn't find the right high quality still of Timon and Pumba.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Probably because she's like one of my in-laws who continually tells me that they've done a low-carb diet before and it worked great, and they could totally go back on it whenever they want, and they totally will next week or some poo poo, yet they can barely walk up a flight of stairs because their knees are trying to deal with the weight, and meanwhile, I've lost almost 40 lbs in a few months :allears:

Edit: to tie this into fb poo poo, I use one weird trick that everybody HATES. Number #3 will surprise you!

relevent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttMrSCnQnnk

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Do you eat a vegetable with your bacon

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer
I really like provolone.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

You should try my high humidity fromunda cheese.

From unda my nuts!

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Chief McHeath posted:

You should try my high humidity fromunda cheese.

From unda my nuts!

Nice!

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Also, the dairy industry in Canada is super hosed.

Do you perchance eat six eggs and a half pound of bacon for breakfast, then frantically search webMD to find out why you're gaining weight despite cutting out carbs?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

KomodoWagon posted:

Do you perchance eat six eggs and a half pound of bacon for breakfast, then frantically search webMD to find out why you're gaining weight despite cutting out carbs?

Not at all, I keep under my protein and fat target, and yes, to that other goon, I eat vegetables all the time. It's just nice that, when you don't have sugar and carbs in the way, you actually CAN (and are encouraged to) eat things like bacon and real butter, because your body is more effectively burning that for fuel, instead of carbs.

Hold on, I'll post embarrassing progress pics where in the background there's some naked person, animals masturbating, or a poo poo in the toilet. :f5:

Curdy Lemonstan
Jan 25, 2012

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

crippling mental health issues = calling people out on lovely transphobic jokes

sorry duder but suck my dick you are a white noise poster who pretty much posts this negative poo poo constantly with no funny or informative or any good content on your own

sorry you're old or whatever

e: loving things up for pages lol the thread is 54 pages long and I have like 20 posts in it

\/\/\/ see now that was funny take notes pissbitch

Lol i just wanted to say that mordin is right and gbs is really creepily transphobic. And every goon seems to get super excited whenever something goes wrong for an lgbt person. There is a lot of violence against lgbt persons as it is, going around and normalizing jokes about transpeople is loving terrible. Im a cis man but I enjoy that people have rights to search for their own happiness.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

I just started at a mental institution and my trainer is a conspiracy theorist who thinks the Rothschilds run the world, JFK was killed by the government and 9/11 was an inside job. I'm pretty sure he's not a patient.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dads_work_files
May 14, 2008

important_document.avi

What are you eating butter with if you've cut out carbs? Like are you just munching on a stick of the stuff?

• Locked thread