Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Her succesor Tom Emmer is about as big of a piece of poo poo as she is, as well as being a repeat DUI offender. Hopefully he's kicked out sooner than later so Anoka can stop being such a blight on the rest of the state.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Casimir Radon posted:

Her succesor Tom Emmer is about as big of a piece of poo poo as she is, as well as being a repeat DUI offender. Hopefully he's kicked out sooner than later so Anoka can stop being such a blight on the rest of the state.
If he got kicked out, they'd find just as big of a piece of poo poo to replace him. If the DFL won there, it'd be far and away the most Republican district in the country to go Democrat, so whoever wins the Republican primary would have to be a special kind of horrible to not win the seat, and the severe partisan lean is the kind of thing that rewards notorious pieces of poo poo in the House. Hell, they didn't have a problem with Emmer's DUIs or him repeatedly sponsoring legislation to reduce the penalties for DUIs when he was in the state House, if anything, it seems like his status as a notorious piece of poo poo helped him, since he won that district by 18%.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Azathoth posted:

My favorite is the time she decided not to run for reelection because the Democrat she barely beat when he had no money was challenging her again and was gonna get a bunch of funding, so she decided not to run rather than get voted out of her heavily Republican district.

part of why she didn't run was because "In 2013, Bachmann was under investigation by the House Ethics Committee, the Federal Election Commission, the Iowa Senate Ethics Committee, the Urbandale Police Department and the Federal Bureau of Investigation because of alleged campaign finance violations in her 2012 campaign for President." (from wikipedia)

i disagree with tom emmer on many, many things, but i give him credit for not being a complete embarrassment to my state. and he has done good outreach work among the Somali immigrant communities in his district & Minnesota as a whole

edit: i do kind of wish bachmann was still being loud around the time the bird siege happened. im sure she would have had lots of wisdom to share :allears:

Lutha Mahtin has issued a correction as of 00:48 on Aug 23, 2016

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

iospace posted:

Now the obligatory question: what does Fiore's niece think of Fiore?

Strangely a lot for the amount that she enjoyed medical weed(for her pain so its ok) and any other party drug in vogue. Talks a lot of poo poo and got her job due to family connections with the local administration. I snapped at her two weeks at the end of burning man after she got our camp lead arrested by the cops on entry because she took no precaution wrapping the weed she brought and didn't fess up. (exposing the shitload of properly packed drugs that don't alert dogs like dank weed he was carrying for the camp).

Aka "I almost brought all my guns and joined them, they are true patriots." I don't think she is camping with that camp again.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Casimir Radon posted:

I liked the time she hid in the bushes to spy on the gay rights rally.

her husband did too but she didnt know about that

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Grognan posted:

Strangely a lot for the amount that she enjoyed medical weed(for her pain so its ok) and any other party drug in vogue. Talks a lot of poo poo and got her job due to family connections with the local administration. I snapped at her two weeks at the end of burning man after she got our camp lead arrested by the cops on entry because she took no precaution wrapping the weed she brought and didn't fess up. (exposing the shitload of properly packed drugs that don't alert dogs like dank weed he was carrying for the camp).

Aka "I almost brought all my guns and joined them, they are true patriots." I don't think she is camping with that camp again.

Insane libertarian fucktard, surprise surprise

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!
What got messier? Burning Man or the Malheur Wildlife refuge?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I like to think the hippies at least use their latrine pit as a combination crop field

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
In which Ellie May meets the federal jury pool drawn from Portland.

"It kinda told me we're screwed."

Chef Boyardeez Nuts has issued a correction as of 14:23 on Aug 23, 2016

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I like the comment where some guy thinks that they can't be found in contempt if they self-defend.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Jumpingmanjim posted:

What got messier? Burning Man or the Malheur Wildlife refuge?

Malheur by a very very huge margin.

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

Ok, so if you favor gun regulations, dislike republicans, work for the federal government or think the Malheur occupation was "stupid" you are biased and should not be allowed on the jury. It seems that would leave a very specific subset of the population to draw the jury from.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Anos posted:

Ok, so if you favor gun regulations, dislike republicans, work for the federal government or think the Malheur occupation was "stupid" you are biased and should not be allowed on the jury. It seems that would leave a very specific subset of the population to draw the jury from.

Ideally the jurors wouldn't have heard about it at all so would have no opinion. The only thing that would've been better is if the jurors all came from Burns.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
It sounds like this hearing was for preemptive challenges for cause based only on the juror questionnaire, which is a crazy high burden to meet but a relative time saver if they can somehow meet it. For example, a juror who straight up hated the Bundy's getting dismissed for medical reasons. The State could likely have rehabilitated that juror and forced the defense to burn a not-for-cause challenge, but the judge threw the defense a bone and they process it as Tyranny.

I also love the mindless repetition of "known bad" phrases and mixed messaging. Allowing a pretrial hearing like this is the opposite of a Kangaroo Court which would need to go up and down quickly and without due process. Immediately after complaining that they aren't getting a fair hearing she complains about the cost of the process, which lol, because we have a word for a quick, cheap trial.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Anos posted:

Their peers. You're entitled to a jury of your peers, so only militia fucknuts should be allowed to judge them. That's how it works, right?

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
Should only let people on the jury who hide under tarps and have dug a ditch to poo poo in.

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

Mirthless posted:

She's probably fun to be around at times, but starts poo poo with everyone in the family and has awful political views. I bet she gives good christmas gifts.

I bet she gives bootstraps

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

I instantly thought of this when I watched it.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Facebook Aunt posted:

Their peers. You're entitled to a jury of your peers, so only militia fucknuts should be allowed to judge them. That's how it works, right?

It's only fair that they be judged by people who know the secret extra house rule laws they follow.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
How can it be fair if our free lawyers aren't wearing tailored suits?

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
"Excuse me, your honor, but this trial is a sham. I am not a boat, and these men before me are not my piers."

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

cumshitter posted:

"Excuse me, your honor, but this trial is a sham. I am not a boat, and these men before me are not my piers."

:golfclap:

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Just finished up listening to that facebook video. Jesus, how entitled can you get?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Volcott posted:

How can it be fair if our free lawyers aren't wearing tailored suits?
Excuse me your honor this nectie I'm wearing has a :gold: fringe

cumshitter posted:

I do not wish to create docking

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Internet Webguy posted:

Should only let people on the jury who hide under tarps and have dug a ditch to poo poo in.
So the homeless and hardcore backpackers?

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

SubponticatePoster posted:

homeless people use public restrooms and backpackers bring sleeping bags

i will not rest until the malheur patriots have a jury of their true peers, who have not sullied their sails by swabbing the poop deck of their boats in statist "toilet chambers"

Mirthless has issued a correction as of 17:23 on Aug 24, 2016

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Alan Smithee posted:

I will not be coerced by your jack bumpered tugboats

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

cumshitter posted:

Alan Smithee posted:

SocketWrench posted:

I will not be coerced by your jack bumpered tugboats

Fantastic.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

:sureboat:

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

i am not a man, i am a boat and my berth certificate proves it.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

SubponticatePoster posted:

Hardcore backpackers literally carry their own poo poo out with them.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Judge Brown is sick of Ryan Bundy's poo poo and will revoke his right to defend himself

http://media.oregonlive.com/portland_impact/other/rbundyjudgeshowcauseorder.pdf

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Tayter Swift posted:

Judge Brown is sick of Ryan Bundy's poo poo and will revoke his right to defend himself

That is a thing of beauty. Of course the SovCits will take this obviously self-inflicted injury as an act of horrendous oppression by the evil gubmint.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Tayter Swift posted:

:lol:

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

quote:

On July 28, 2016, he filed eight Documents that did not raise any legally cognizable issue for the Court to address, but that generally challenged the Court’s authority and jurisdiction.

"What kind of magic spell are you trying to cast? I am a man, not a boat!"

quote:

Accordingly, on this record the Court orders Ryan Bundy to show cause in writing no later than Noon, August 29, 2016, why the Court should not terminate his pro se status...

Wanna read that document.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

I love the phrase "did not raise any legally cognizable issue". I've never seen sovcit filings described so accurately with so few words.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Are these trials going to be televised? God I hope so.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Tayter Swift posted:

owned

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
It is absolutely incredible to me that they spent four months giving him final warnings before they finally took away his right to defend himself, lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Ryan Bundy: I want to defend myself.
Judge: Okay, if that's what you really want.
Ryan Bundy: I am not a boat!
Judge: That's meaningless nonsense.
Ryan Bundy: You can't judge me - I am not a boat!
Judge: That's enough of that. Let's get on with business.
Ryan Bundy: But I am not a boat!
Judge: Stop saying that.
Ryan Bundy: Seriously, I am not a boat!
Judge: Stop saying that or else.
Ryan Bundy: I AM NOT A BOAT!
Judge: Alright, you have been warned. Give me one good reason why I shouldn't take your toys away?

Any bets that the response is going to be "I am not a boat!"?