Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Verranicus posted:

Hahaha 150 boxes holy poo poo.

pfft, only 150? :smug: :homebrew:

Bolivar posted:

THIS. Junkrat outfit during his boring 9-to-5 cubicle job in the accounting dept. of a corporate in Sydney.

i would do some rather compromising things for junkrat in a suit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

"Why am I the only one at the front?"

"apparently my team thinks flankers ftw"

-The Zenyatta who would constantly run down the middle of the road on Route 66 by himself/charge off at Junkrat by himself in my last game.

I can't wait for competitive to come back so the tryhards who are also bad can go back to their lovely rank 35 games

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Bolivar posted:

THIS. Junkrat outfit during his boring 9-to-5 cubicle job in the accounting dept. of a corporate in Sydney.

The internet might have a meltdown if you give Junkrat a skin where he's in a suit and tie. A sexual meltdown :brrring:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Bolivar posted:

Correction, Roadhog should get fishnets and a Predator style mask because who doesn't want to play a fat predator?

76 could get an old Cylon meets Terminator meets Judge Dredd styled robot outfit and they could call it Cyborg 76.

Pharah could get a Rocketeer style 50s pinup outfit.

Edit: Roadhog and Junkrat with Reservoir Dogs style suits and ties, sunglasses. :c00lbert:

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Aug 24, 2016

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

Macaluso posted:

The internet might have a meltdown if you give Junkrat a skin where he's in a suit and tie. A sexual meltdown :brrring:

They could make it a whole new category where the drop rate is about 10 times smaller than legendary.
(and obviously not purchasable by any coins, random drop from Halloween loot boxes) :getin:

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
So what happened with the possible Sombra reveal? The countdown should have ended at 11:00 PST.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Saralene
Feb 17, 2011

Developer, Gamer, and
apparently, Vtuber

The question of life is not,
"Are you a catgirl?"
but rather, it is in fact,
"Are you a catgirl yet?"
Timer on the Sombra post has hit 59m now. Looks like we've got another hour before we see what's up.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Bolivar posted:

They could make it a whole new category where the drop rate is about 10 times smaller than legendary.
(and obviously not purchasable by any coins, random drop from Halloween loot boxes) :getin:

If only there was some way to make money every time somebody opened a box... :ssh:

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Saralene posted:

Timer on the Sombra post has hit 59m now. Looks like we've got another hour before we see what's up.

It's like they know I have somewhere to be at that exact time

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Zephyrine posted:

We're on a forum where people pay for the honour of registering and Avatars. The glass house has been pulverized into a crystal mist at this point.

Besides the whole difference between $160 (I'm including the original game price) and $10/or $60 (I've been banned a bunch too lazy to check) I originally joined to take advantage of a IBM/Lenovo deal. I also have sold stuff which I normally wouldn't have and so have had my membership pay for itself. What I'm trying to say is I'm not terrible with my money (well in this case) and don't just gamble it away like an addict.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
Junkrat in a suit would be extremely good, but I'd also settle for some sort of mad scientist deal with chemistry people hair, a singed labcoat and cracked safety glasses. Throw in some classic mad doctor for world domination lines like "They said I was mad. Mad! But I showed them!"

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Spend your money on what brings you entertainment. Is it a $5 drink at a bar? Go for it! Is it $5 worth of loot boxes? Go for it! Who cares!

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
It feels like the game decides at some point if a knockback shot is going to send you falling to your death and if so it just rockets you out there.

Winstons
Nov 9, 2009

Fuzz posted:

Correction, Roadhog should get fishnets and a Predator style mask because who doesn't want to play a fat predator?

76 could get an old Cylon meets Terminator meets Judge Dredd styled robot outfit and they could call it Cyborg 76.

Pharah could get a Rocketeer style 50s pinup outfit.

Edit: Roadhog and Junkrat with Reservoir Dogs style suits and ties, sunglasses. :c00lbert:

Darn, all great shouts there. Get that on a postcard to Blizz, pronto!

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Duck and Cover posted:

Besides the whole difference between $160 (I'm including the original game price) and $10/or $60 (I've been banned a bunch too lazy to check) I originally joined to take advantage of a IBM/Lenovo deal. I also have sold stuff which I normally wouldn't have and so have had my membership pay for itself. What I'm trying to say is I'm not terrible with my money (well in this case) and don't just gamble it away like an addict.

No need to justify it towards me. Spend your fun money any way you like. I know I do.

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

Blizzard, why does Reinhardt not have a voice line saying

"Das war der Hammer!"

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

The same reason Junkrat doesn't have a spammable version of HOOLEY DOOLEY

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Bolow posted:

But he does have a spammable 'BRRRRIIIIING' which is arguably better

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Zephyrine posted:

The way I see it is that I neither drink nor smoke. And with some of the entertainment money I save. I'll spend binging on lootboxes on a Friday night. Then when I wake up on Saturday morning instead of a headache I wake up to a few neat skins :downs:

You bought 150 boxes.

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.
Just loving announce Sombra already, good god.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Semper Fudge posted:

Just loving announce Sombra already, good god.

No.

Announce Doomfist instead.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Zephyrine posted:

No need to justify it towards me. Spend your fun money any way you like. I know I do.

You said glass houses, so apparently I did. Spend your money how you want but realize your actions in this case effect others. I don't like companies treating me like poo poo, so I don't give them money. You give them money which tells them their actions are acceptable which means they'll continue to exploit their users

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Is this a "vote with your wallet" style argument?

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Everybody please post detailed breakdowns of your financial spending habits so we know exactly what kind of stupid, unnecessary poo poo you buy.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

Is this a "vote with your wallet" style argument?

How else are you suppose to vote to a huge company? They are doing this to make money if it isn't successful they'll try something else.

Kai Tave posted:

Everybody please post detailed breakdowns of your financial spending habits so we know exactly what kind of stupid, unnecessary poo poo you buy.

Me buying a box of licorice has no effect on your ability to enjoy licorice.

Zifnab
Aug 21, 2005

Hope Springs Eternal

Bolow posted:

HAPPY BEEEEERTHDAY

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Duck and Cover posted:

Me buying a box of licorice has no effect on your ability to enjoy licorice.

I'd say something about how other people buying lootboxes doesn't actually affect your ability to enjoy Overwatch either but practically every post you make in this thread is you finding something new to bitch about so I'm not actually sure you enjoy the game in the first place.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Kai Tave posted:

1. Booze

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Kai Tave posted:

https://twitter.com/dril/status/384408932061417472

But loot boxes.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Duck and Cover posted:

You said glass houses, so apparently I did. Spend your money how you want but realize your actions in this case effect others. I don't like companies treating me like poo poo, so I don't give them money. You give them money which tells them their actions are acceptable which means they'll continue to exploit their users

loving blizzard is exploiting the common man by making them give them money for a new monkey suit. When will these injustices end!!!

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Technetium posted:

loving blizzard is exploiting the common man by making them give them money for a new monkey suit. When will these injustices end!!!

Wallets out for Haramboxes

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Honestly if you eat up this "bonus content" in a full priced game that shipped with gently caress all content as the benevolent blizzard sacrificing their profits for us you are a moron beyond retribution. In a couple of years time at this pace they will have the number of maps and modes that one would expect a non f2p game to ship with.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

I bought some boxes to get the cool america outfit for the cowboy man and I got it from one of the boxes and I was happy. I wore it while playing last night and I looked really cool.

Anyway that's my story

Saralene
Feb 17, 2011

Developer, Gamer, and
apparently, Vtuber

"Are you a catgirl?"
"Are you a catgirl yet?"
Well, Sombra post is gone.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Tom Gorman posted:

I bought some boxes to get the cool america outfit for the cowboy man and I got it from one of the boxes and I was happy. I wore it while playing last night and I looked really cool.

Anyway that's my story

how does it feel to be a tool of exploitative corporate culture

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Since they are actually making new content for the game, like maps, skins and heroes, I am ok with paying for boxes every now and then

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

Saralene posted:

This one? http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20748794686

Saralene
Feb 17, 2011

Developer, Gamer, and
apparently, Vtuber

"Are you a catgirl?"
"Are you a catgirl yet?"

Yeah, it's no longer in the topic list where it was a pseudo-sticky. The page is still there but the link to it and the timer are gone.

Edit: Looks like http://amomentincrime.com/ has been updated, though. This thing is getting on my nerves personally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The RECAPITATOR
May 12, 2006

Cursed to like terrible teams.

Saralene posted:

Exciting stuff.