Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/solomonster/status/768532665947590656

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
lol I can't wait until Seth kills someone in the ring and gets the Brock push

Bret Hart is just mad because he sees that Seth Rollins is more like Shawn Michaels than him, aka, a good non boring wrestler who probably doesn't enjoy pissing that much

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
MizDidAThing made me forget about the upcoming wellness thing. I guess since it was leaked so far in advance I stopped caring until it actually happens.

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
I don't really even blame Seth for what happened. Like it was a natural reaction from Finn to put his arm back to cushion his fall.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

The aPopcalypse isn't happening it's a lie told by dirty dirt sheets and everyone should apologize to Rusev for suggesting he would be suspended

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Yeah I'm guessing if no one has been suspended by now that it won't happen at all

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Stephanie should announce that Seth is being fined $500 for his dangerous style, and see if CNN reports on it

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
There were drug test failures, but instead of suspending people, WWE is trying a new punishment where you have to hold the Universal title for 30 days.

Scott Justice
Jul 15, 2007
Hot Justice just sounds better
If we don't get Wellnessmania by midnight, can we change the spoiler thread title to: "Rovert was wrong"?

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

It was interesting how Seth teased doing the running powerbomb to the barricade spot on Sami right away too. Maybe he'll just tease that from now on like Randy's punt.

And while a cool move, he does seem to do a running powerbomb like two or three times a match, plus he got injured doing it himself too. (or maybe that was trying to do a powerbomb through a table, I forget the deets). Maybe he should cut back on that one.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Heavy Metal posted:

It was interesting how Seth teased doing the running powerbomb to the barricade spot on Sami right away too. Maybe he'll just tease that from now on like Randy's punt.

and replaces it with the small package driver? :pray:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It's also a little rich given that Bret did piledrivers for most of his career, a move that can easily be very dangerous if hosed up, though very safe if done properly. That said, Seth could probably drop the buckle-bomb in favour of the God's Last Gift and no-one would care, and the latter is much less risky.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
the thing with Seth seems to be that he has one specific dangerous move, which is a running powerbomb into the barricade or buckles, that maybe he should stop doing since it's not like a particularly important spot or anything

just give him back the curb stomp

[efb]

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Brets brother broke a dudes neck doing a move the guy didn't want to do. Plus that ring post probably needed serious repairs!

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Daily reminder that the Miz is cool and good.

That is all.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

That DICK! posted:

Brets brother broke a dudes neck doing a move the guy didn't want to do. Plus that ring post probably needed serious repairs!

Seth is also probably better at falling off of tall objects than Bret's brother

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
In all seriousness, I think doing the power bomb outside the ring is stupid and dangerous. It doesn't look nearly cool enough to be worth the risk. The move inside the ring seems like it should be safe enough unless you're a brittle old Sting though. Wrestlers get throw into the turnbuckles all the time and I'd imagine they've all been in a ring enough to have a good sense of where they are in relation to them.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

curb stomp, avada kedavra, sethwalker, and god's last gift are all way cooler than the bucklebomb so by all means, go for whatever is safer to pull off because the dude's got no shortage of moves

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

MinibarMatchman posted:

avada kedavra, sethwalker, and god's last gift

what are these?

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

oldpainless posted:

what are these?

Kneeling superkick, standing sliced bread #2, and a small package driver

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Scott Justice posted:

If we don't get Wellnessmania by midnight, can we change the spoiler thread title to: "Rovert was wrong"?

in fairness to rovert i'm p sure that this was a DTAM scoop before he got twitter banned

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Raskolnikov38 posted:

in fairness to rovert i'm p sure that this was a DTAM scoop before he got twitter banned

I can't believe those drat Twittermachine marks are trying to silence the scoops.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Jay 2K Winger posted:

Kneeling superkick, standing sliced bread #2, and a small package driver

Thanks

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
What is this wellness Mania thing? A bunch of good brothers are going to pop for somas?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Luigi Thirty posted:

Seth is also probably better at falling off of tall objects than Bret's brother

god drat it

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Does it count that Finn's shoulder popped

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

2.714 million viewers for Smackdown

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
The Miz cut a hell of a promo. Pity his matches suck.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Vertical Lime posted:

2.714 million viewers for Smackdown

That's.. Pretty good, right?

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Gonzo McFee posted:

The Miz cut a hell of a promo. Pity his matches suck.

You say that, but what about the time he wrestled..uh...err...or the match he had against.....poo poo.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I seem to recall Miz being involved in a triple threat recently that was really good?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Tato posted:

You say that, but what about the time he wrestled..uh...err...or the match he had against.....poo poo.
He cashed in his MitB on Orton for the WWE Title :colbert: (which makes him jobbing to Orton less than a week before SummerSlam funnier)

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

sam bradford lmao posted:

He cashed in his MitB on Orton for the WWE Title :colbert: (which makes him jobbing to Orton less than a week before SummerSlam funnier)

You are correct. That was his best match ever because it only lasted like 60 seconds. If only they could all go like that.

I think the three way cage match between Miz/Morrison/Cena was decent but nothing special. "The Passion of the Cena" match is very memorable for all the wrong reasons.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

The bit with Dolph Ziggler playing an upgraded Colonel Sanders was not a one-off at Summerslam.

WWE announced Monday a partnership with KFC to run the stunt with Ziggler and The Miz on WWE Network broadcasts throughout 2016, concluding with the Royal Rumble in January 2017.

“The stunt plays off KFC’s existing brand campaign where celebrities such as Jim Gaffigan, George Hamilton, and Darryl Hammond play the colonel,” WWE announced.

The spot is part of KFC’s marketing campaign about there being “no room in the ring for second-rate chicken,” prompting Colonel Ziggler to challenge imposter chicken Miz to a match.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

That DICK! posted:

I seem to recall Miz being involved in a triple threat recently that was really good?

That was against Daniel Bryan and John Morrison and it was six years ago.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

there is room for a third rate HBK however

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
the miz is fine, whatever, but im gettin real tired of chickenshit heel finishes with maryse interfering. it sucks. a lot.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

That DICK! posted:

The best Miz matches I can recall are the Bryan/Morrisson triple-threat, the Lawler one, and maybe a one-on-one US Title match with Bryan.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i am waiting for the news that the whole miz promo was a complete shoot and that bryan broke down and cried like a baby backstage, which is why vince is kicking him to the curb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

bryan's new gimmick will be "cryin bryan" and every cool superstar will get themselves over by drawing tears from his eyes

• Locked thread