Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
Spies are the 2nd worst class after snipers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

small hendren
Jan 27, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

is sombra literally another sniper? what in the unholy name of gently caress is this diarrhea dogshit

What the gently caress. snipers are loving terrible for this game

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Squeezy Farm posted:

ya

small hendren posted:

What the gently caress. snipers are loving terrible for this game

at this point people arent even sure if he/she is even a new hero lol. chill

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
They better not add 2 snipers back to back. gently caress that

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sombra de Amigo

small hendren
Jan 27, 2011

don't say this to me

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I don't give a poo poo about disguises, what I miss from TF1 was feign death. THAT WAS EXTREMELY! MY poo poo!

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

NObody knows what Sombras gonn be like except that they snuck in a bunch of voice lines a few patches ago about being alerted to hidden enemies, which is also when they added voice lines about the new map.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

FactsAreUseless posted:

Spy would be cool, if it was less loving useless than the TF2 spy. Spy is a cool concept though.

the tf2 spy was really strong at launch, and just got worse and worse as people figured out how the game worked and what they were doing. i'm extremely fond of the class, personally.

overwatch is already designed in a way that makes it really hard for the spy to work, though - being able to see all your team-mates silhouettes and death indicators and so on. it'd have to be a completely different design...

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I can't believe Sombra and all dlc characters from now on are going to be snipers

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

PleasingFungus posted:

the tf2 spy was really strong at launch, and just got worse and worse as people figured out how the game worked and what they were doing. i'm extremely fond of the class, personally.

overwatch is already designed in a way that makes it really hard for the spy to work, though - being able to see all your team-mates silhouettes and death indicators and so on. it'd have to be a completely different design...
Spy is a really cool idea, but relying on disguises and cloaking for most of what it does just makes it too weak. I think Reaper fulfills a lot of its role in Overwatch, really.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Aston posted:

I can't believe Sombra and all dlc characters from now on are going to be snipers

So far we know that Sombrah is a sniper whom has stealth and uses stances to switch between melee and ranged and also can heal. The backstory is that she's pansexual and plays the flute.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Squeezy Farm posted:

This.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

Spy is a really cool idea, but relying on disguises and cloaking for most of what it does just makes it too weak. I think Reaper fulfills a lot of its role in Overwatch, really.

yeah reaper has you checking your back and he can "cloak" to escape danger if poo poo doesn't go his way. if sombra is a techie, its probably gonna be a defense class that can play some mean keep-away with traps , but we'll see

i really want a true flamethrower/shottie offense class though, something tough that can actually fight in the frontline

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

someone floated the idea of a "hacker" ult enabling friendly fire on the enemy team for a period

i like that

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not saying that sounds lovely or anything, but...

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

could be. since we don't know anything speculation is running wild

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Black Baby Goku posted:

I thought sombra was the spy class

AIDS.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

AIDS.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Spies are worse than Snipers in TF2 because only severely mentally disabled people keep on playing them, and even those people know better than to keep playing Sniper when they're blowing dick at it.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Oh awesome... Computer--[Desk turns into the bat cave and my computer says Already done, Sir Edwin III] [500 screens with scrolling math equations and digital clocks surround me and my face peels back to reveal a Neil DeGrasse Tyson cyborg face with glowing blue eyes and mustache plate] Time to get muh stealthmans on.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Oh awesome... Computer--[Desk turns into the bat cave and my computer says Already done, Sir Edwin III] [500 screens with scrolling math equations and digital clocks surround me and my face peels back to reveal a Neil DeGrasse Tyson cyborg face with glowing blue eyes and mustache plate] Time to get muh stealthmans on.

Lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Spah sappin muh sentry :D

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wormskull posted:

lmao

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Wormskull posted:

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Are a bunch of imps playing this like every night? that would make me play again and how do i add ppl on blizzards lovely thing?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

HORMELCHILI posted:

Are a bunch of imps playing this like every night? that would make me play again and how do i add ppl on blizzards lovely thing?

I'm Soldier69#1680

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I dont think Batttle.net is that lovely.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Check the tag thread

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm wormskull#1270 but I ain't been playing much since I'm moving.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

I dont think Batttle.net is that lovely.

It blows Origin out of the water, that's for sure.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

lol. thats prolly the best sketch they ever did

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

i got a idea for a new overwatch character: some kinda girl whos foreign but still speaks english with some kimd of accent and shes a sniper and shes loving hot and cute and quirky

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

lol. thats prolly the best sketch they ever did

on the commentary they talk about how the audience stopped laughing because it took like 30 mins to clean up every time lol

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Black Baby Goku posted:

on the commentary they talk about how the audience stopped laughing because it took like 30 mins to clean up every time lol

hahaha thats epic

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
quick play in this game is insanely gay with genjis lately. 2 or 3 every single loving match

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

a Loving Dog posted:

quick play in this game is insanely gay with genjis lately. 2 or 3 every single loving match

cause genji is about to get hosed in next patch lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

https://clyp.it/ef2oq2rq

• Locked thread