Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Mulaney Power Move posted:

i am waiting for the news that the whole miz promo was a complete shoot and that bryan broke down and cried like a baby backstage, which is why vince is kicking him to the curb

That probably happened shoot or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mulaney Power Move posted:

bryan's new gimmick will be "cryin bryan" and every cool superstar will get themselves over by drawing tears from his eyes

After every suplex Shane takes in the Brock match, it cuts to ringside where Bryan progressively looks sadder

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

My impossible dream came true! :swoon:

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I remember liking the ECW match between Miz and Morrison that ended in a double KO

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

I highly enjoyed the Rock/Cena vs Miz/Truth match. I came to play!

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

That Miz promo on Bryan was so loving good but now I want Bryan to come back. :negative:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

oh god i'm dying

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Ha! Some crappy gossip mag is claiming the Rock/Vin Diesel thing on the Fast & Furious set was an angle!

http://www.lifeandstylemag.com/posts/the-rock-vin-diesel-feud-111614

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

That DICK! posted:

I seem to recall Miz being involved in a triple threat recently that was really good?

The 4Way IC Title match between Miz, Cesaro, Owens, and Zayn was fantastic. At Payback i think.

But no one is going to give him too much credit considering the talent involved and i can't really blame them considering Miz's track record

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

That DICK! posted:

I seem to recall Miz being involved in a triple threat recently that was really good?

There was a Ryback v Big Show v The Miz (sounds incredible, I know) triple threat for the IC belt at Summerslam last year that I remember thinking was kind of dumb but also really fun and The Miz being perfect in it. There was a great spot where he tries to pin both Big Show and Ryback like three times each in rapid succession, looking more and more desperate each time.

Looks like Meltzer gave it a royal two stars :shrug:

schweens posted:

The 4Way IC Title match between Miz, Cesaro, Owens, and Zayn was fantastic. At Payback i think.

But no one is going to give him too much credit considering the talent involved and i can't really blame them considering Miz's track record

Oh yeah that was an actually really good match.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJgSKQshO3P/?taken-by=mimicalacool&hl=en Michelle McCool has skin cancer

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

CAT rear end now!!! posted:

Oh yeah that was an actually really good match.

Miz put in some great work in that match but it could've had Baron Corbin and been great still

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

Ha! Some crappy gossip mag is claiming the Rock/Vin Diesel thing on the Fast & Furious set was an angle!

http://www.lifeandstylemag.com/posts/the-rock-vin-diesel-feud-111614

If this Wrestlemania has both Big Show vs Shaq and Rock vs Vin Diesel its gonna be something else

Probably would do super well tho

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

If this Wrestlemania has both Big Show vs Shaq and Rock vs Vin Diesel its gonna be something else

Probably would do super well tho

Gotta fill (calculates) 9.76 hours somehow.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

jackofarcades posted:

Gotta fill (calculates) 9.76 hours somehow.

That sounds short, they must still be in the planning phases.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

schweens posted:

It was this one yeah

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
For the first time ever Wrestlemania all day!!!

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

Actually the Fast & The Furious themed entrance for Vin Diesel featuring a bunch of cars will definitely be sick, so im hoping it happens and is the main event

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

Actually the Fast & The Furious themed entrance for Vin Diesel featuring a bunch of cars will definitely be sick, so im hoping it happens and is the main event

They already did a Fast and Furious entrance with Cena. Maybe they'll add tanks and helicopters to a new one.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I wonder how the next Rumble's going to work with two world titles. Does the winner get a shot at the main title of their brand? Or can they pick which title to challenge for and switch brands if they win?

I assume the answer is 'they haven't thought that far ahead yet', but I'm curious to see how it'll work.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Grozz Nuy posted:

I wonder how the next Rumble's going to work with two world titles. Does the winner get a shot at the main title of their brand? Or can they pick which title to challenge for and switch brands if they win?

I assume the answer is 'they haven't thought that far ahead yet', but I'm curious to see how it'll work.

If it's like the last splits, winner gets to choose

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...

Chris James 2 posted:

If it's like the last splits, winner gets to choose

Which is dumb. It should just be the winner goes for the title that's on whatever brand they're on.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Skin Cancer sucks, hope it wasn't melanoma.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Blasmeister posted:

That's.. Pretty good, right?

Yes. It's up 12% from last week, every non-Olympic SD has been in the 2.7M range, and the show was #3 overall in cable and #1 in 18-49. CJ2 said USA had said they basically anticipated Raw-esque ratings/viewers IIRC but there's no doubt that SD itself has seen about a half million uptick on average in viewership since going live, and Raw has held steady despite roster split. IDK if the 3+M viewership figure was needed to offset the costs of going live or if that was just USA/WWE's pipe dream but it's one of those situations where you could definitely say WWE is underperforming, but it's not like TNA levels where USA is just going to pull the plug or whatever, I'd imagine. That and ratings aren't just gonna skyrocket overnight so the fact that SD has held not tremendous but still sizable gains while establishing itself as a brand is neither hallelujah nor OH GOD HELP US ALL.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Grozz Nuy posted:

the old rules were the winner could pick either title, and if they picked the opposite brand's title they went to that show

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Officer Farva posted:

Which is dumb. It should just be the winner goes for the title that's on whatever brand they're on.

I want to agree but, much like everything else he's ever done, the Batista thumbs down reveal was the best, and it wouldn't have been half as dramatic/perfect if it were already his mandatory use of the Rumble win

CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe
Miz saying that his 'soft WWE' style gave him a prolonged career with no injuries, and saying it as a knock on Daniel Bryan, who can't wrestle again without killing himself, was...

...well he's not wrong.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

CityMidnightJunky posted:

Miz saying that his 'soft WWE' style gave him a prolonged career with no injuries, and saying it as a knock on Daniel Bryan, who can't wrestle again without killing himself, was...

...well he's not wrong.

Which is one way to do a good heel promo. Tell the truth, but a truth no one wants to hear.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

...well he's not wrong.

yeah but it did remind all of us that daniel bryan was super fun to watch and we're in for years and years of boring miz matches.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
The Royal Rumble will operate as per usual. If you're Roman Reigns and win, you get to main event Wrestlemania. If you're not Roman Reigns, you curtain jerk in a match for the SD title that sucks and probably lose.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

This right here is why I don't go outside. Also all the people.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Gaz2k21 posted:

Came here to say this, I was worried it was going to be a squash but what actually occurred was wonderful!I hope breezango is around forever...
Supposedly Vince really likes Breezango and feels putting them together has rejuvenated both of them, so we might see a tag title run before too long. I figure they just need to get AA to that level first to get them over as a serious threat.

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Regardless of what's happened behind the scenes Heath Slater has always been good on screen, is the perfect comedy jobber and is usually one of the best parts of any show he is on
I think it's a testament to Slater's ability that the company saw fit to give him the only angle that spans every single weekly show, hasn't released him after years of major talent culling, and puts him in the ring with returning talent for warmup matches. He might be at midcard jobber level and probably will never be taken fully seriously, but he's really, really good at that role.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

...well he's not wrong.

make wwe boring and unwatchable again

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Also while Bryan's career was shortened, he also had a career about twice as long as The Miz's has been so far

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

...well he's not wrong.

The best wrestling promos have at least some truth

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Also while Bryan's career was shortened, he also had a career about twice as long as The Miz's has been so far

Bryan started wrestling 1999, retired 2016.
Miz started wrestling 2003, not yet a farm.

So twice as long is a bit of a stretch.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I would feel confident in saying Bryan has more than double the amount of time in the ring as Miz over those years even knowing that Miz worked a WWE schedule for a lot longer

BUT, Philip, I could be wrong-o

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

jus call me wrestlfan498 beca use I❤❤❤RASLIN 😎

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo
A bitter Alex Riley is thinking "It should have been me saying Bryan sucks and I'm great."

I hope someone remixes Bayley's HIT ME IN THE FACE to his theme song.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Semprini posted:

Bryan started wrestling 1999, retired 2016.
Miz started wrestling 2003, not yet a farm.

So twice as long is a bit of a stretch.

I thought miz was 2006 when he really debuted and started wrestling regularly. Still more than 1 1/2

Cavauro posted:

I would feel confident in saying Bryan has more than double the amount of time in the ring as Miz over those years even knowing that Miz worked a WWE schedule for a lot longer

BUT, Philip, I could be wrong-o

Pretty much this. Even Bryan worked slower he still put a lot more time in the ring

Big Coffin Hunter fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Aug 24, 2016

• Locked thread