Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Shaezerus posted:

I'm down with a universe where secondary Riders are the spotlight-main characters. What's the only real loss we'd suffer, Fourze?

Kuuga :v:

Also to offset my complaint about Kamen Rider Ghost, Zyuohger is so good. I'm glad we got this good of a series after how terrible Ninninger was. I fully expected a bad drama episode centered about Daichi being annoyed at Yamato leaving his wedding while Yamato wants to but can't tell him why, so we get a pointless fight between friends. Instead, nope, Yamato saves Daichi as ZyuohEagle and Daichi is intelligent enough to realize they're one and the same and outright thanks him for saving them, as Yamato desperately tries and fails to pretend he doesn't get it, it's cute and nice :3:. I love this show.

Also Zyuoh Fight is a great song, it really helped the scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bb4g4YgiWdw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Shaezerus posted:

I'm down with a universe where secondary Riders are the spotlight-main characters. What's the only real loss we'd suffer, Fourze?

It'd be sad to lose Shotaro and Philip but otherwise yeah.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Hey Blaze, did you get any more of Nexus watched?

Very curious what you think of the first arc

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I actually went back to Nexus yesterday after leaving for a while due to finals. I'm by episode 18, so I'm going to guess I'm done with the first arc (I'm not sure where the cutting point would be since the series flows naturally between episodes, but I'm guessing with Faust going down and Mizorogi showing himself as Mephisto).

It's definitely a very strong show. I didn't like Riko as a character (it felt like she was only there to be a love interest at first, not to mention her actress was bad) but it really hit like a brick when she died protecting Komon after finally regaining control. Everything about her was creepy as gently caress too, Komon freaking out after finding her house nearly mirrored my own reaction. Mizorogi is a monster and the series doesn't pull any punches in showing just how much of one he is, and it's amazing. Nagi also became far more likable once Mizorogi's influence over her was clear, which was also helped by the entire team finally fully taking Ultraman's side.

Komon's walk through despair and Mizorogi's attempt at controlling him, before returning to the light with newfound resolve, was also very well-done. Komon in general is a really good example of how the lead doesn't need to be super powerful to be interesting, he's a deep character that remains likable in how devoted he is to helping others, while at the same time having clear human flaws which the final evil (Mizorogi in this case) relentlessly uses, yet at the end he returns to the light. He doesn't need to be Ultraman to be the focus (although Jun is also pretty good despite how little spotlight he comparatively gets outside fo fights) and gives a very human view of what's happening.

I think my only complaint about this point is how worthless Ultraman's silver form seems to be. Jun transforms into the silver form, then immediately goes red for the Meta Field. What was the point of having it?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

On the other hand, W Returns: Accel was a ton of fun, and I wouldn't mind getting more Accel solo adventures. :swoon:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Blaze Dragon posted:

I think my only complaint about this point is how worthless Ultraman's silver form seems to be. Jun transforms into the silver form, then immediately goes red for the Meta Field. What was the point of having it?

The only thing I'll say about it in depth is that, much like in the original and most iterations, Jun is not Ultraman himself.

Ultraman is another entity entirely that took Jun as a host for reasons you'll understand as the show goes on. So, the Silver Form is basically Ultraman's base form, while the Red form is what happens when Jun bonds with Ultraman entirely.

One important thing to note though, and it's a cool difference compared to almost every other host and Ultra situation- in Nexus, Jun is always the one in control. Ultraman has no influence or control when Jun is transformed, its just one flawed human trying to use these alien powers to do the right thing.

The Red form is called Junis for a reason.

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!

Okay yes I somehow managed to forget W but I have at least a little faith that Shithead Ryu's Angry Dumbass Vengeanceventures could be legitimately entertaining.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Shaezerus posted:

Okay yes I somehow managed to forget W but I have at least a little faith that Shithead Ryu's Angry Dumbass Vengeanceventures could be legitimately entertaining.

Better that that trying to watch Meteor carry a series.

Oh wait.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Shaezerus posted:

Would this somehow make Kabuto the main character of his own series

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

RealFoxy posted:

Would this somehow make Kabuto the main character of his own series

Don't ask for miracles

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Don't tell me you wouldn't love a full series of Kamen Rider Skull.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

Don't tell me you wouldn't love a full series of Kamen Rider Skull.

Okay, yes, that would own.

Probably.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Nah. Skull is cool because of how limited he is.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i think that more skull but still less than a full series would be good.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Make Skull Accel's secondary rider. Eternal can be the edgy antihero rider.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i think that no eternal at all would be good, too. eternal sucks so hard.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Better yet, Eternal is the jobber who gets absolutely punked every fight, and who exists only to painfully fail over and over.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Eternal was okay and had a good Returns movie.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
A full series of Kamen Rider Ryugen would be worse than Gaim, imo.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Xelkelvos posted:

A full series of Kamen Rider Ryugen would be worse than Gaim, imo.

He's not the secondary Rider though, Baron is, although honestly Gaim wouldn't change all that much with him as the lead, as he already got a lot of focus compared to most secondary Riders, which makes sense considering he got introduced extremely early as a Rider

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Kaito was righto

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I think the series that would change the least would be Kamen Rider Ryuki, that series was half a step removed from just being Kamen Rider Knight outright anyways. Ren ends up winning the Rider War, that's more than Kaito can say.

I wish Kaito had won the Rider War, that would've been a better ending.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Kaito was righto
When did he get access to the Gaia Library? :confused:

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Poison Mushroom posted:

Make Skull Accel's secondary rider. Eternal can be the edgy antihero rider.

Has there ever been "your girlfriend's angry dad" secondary Rider?

It's kind of like the inverse of Hibiki

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

OnimaruXLR posted:

Not directly, I don't think, but IXA had a very "angry dad" personality imo. Just kind of a huge rear end in a top hat for a long time, but was kinda okay once he spent some time with Wataru and figured out he was a person.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Two new Deka projects in 2017.

A Gavan teamup and an all-female prequel to that teamup.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Oh.

Gavan Type G.

I guess sure.

Well there goes my excitement. Was kinda hoping to see the original Gavan beat up another Sentai team again.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Burkion posted:

Well there goes my excitement. Was kinda hoping to see the original Gavan beat up another Sentai team again.

There's no way in hell the original Gavan won't appear. It's canon that Retsu and Doggie are friends yet it has never been shown on-screen, this is the chance and I doubt Toei would miss it.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Blaze Dragon posted:

There's no way in hell the original Gavan won't appear. It's canon that Retsu and Doggie are friends yet it has never been shown on-screen, this is the chance and I doubt Toei would miss it.

Kenji Ohba hasn't retired from acting yet has he (though even if he was I'm sure he'd gladly come back if they asked him to)?

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.
A show about Diend coming up with elaborate plans to steal stuff from villain organizations and other Riders would be kind of awesome.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Waffleman_ posted:

Two new Deka projects in 2017.

A Gavan teamup and an all-female prequel to that teamup.

More Deka Yellow is always welcome

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Light Gun Man posted:

More Doggie is always welcome

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Oh hey, we're getting a new All Kamen Riders game. The last one was for Fourze, so that's a lot of time without one, I was sure the series was dead.

Too bad it's on a region-locked console and even if it wasn't the first two were cool but not amazing though.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Blaze Dragon posted:

Oh hey, we're getting a new All Kamen Riders game. The last one was for Fourze, so that's a lot of time without one, I was sure the series was dead.

Too bad it's on a region-locked console and even if it wasn't the first two were cool but not amazing though.

Nintendo really needs to stop bothering with Region Locking their systems, all it does is harms their sales in the long run

Tarodia
Jan 13, 2008

Winners don't do drugs

OnimaruXLR posted:

If Skull had lived that's what he'd be to Accel and it would've been cool

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Blaze Dragon posted:

Just put CFW on that thing and you're good to go.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Im furious about the ultraman insult in the op, time for you bugmen and whatnot rangers fans to bow down to the true master and grandaddy of toku!

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Fsmhunk posted:

Im furious about the ultraman insult in the op, time for you bugmen and whatnot rangers fans to bow down to the true master and grandaddy of toku!

Gojira?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

I can see what he meant, but yeah, Gojira is the originator of tokustasu as we know it today.

Ultraman is like the father of it though, just due to how it directly inspired the creation of Kamen Rider, which in turn brought about GoRanger and all that entails. It helps that Ultraman and Gojira were both created by the same man.

• Locked thread