Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
i miss leveling up every 2 games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I miss Skeleton King

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Honestly it's borderline impressive how quickly hats got out of hand. Loadouts get released and they're small things like weapons and helmets, or you get a cool announcer pack and share it with your friends, and they even gave away a million hats during Diretide because they were worthless and you just trashed them to feed your Greevil because almost ever item was bland and pointless and now you pay fifteen thousand dollars to get giant black death tornadoes and a complete map overhaul that no one else but you can see

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Goetta posted:

I miss Skeleton King

Valve can release a new Immortal every event that slowly brings him back.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Definitely watch Merlini, then.

Yeah he's my favorite streamer for learning stuff. Watching his stream improved my mid lane play a ton back when I actually wanted to go to that lane. He doesn't stream nearly as much now though.

Don't really know any other streamers that are good for learning stuff. Waga is okay I guess.

Goetta posted:

I miss Skeleton King

Wear the helmet that sort of looks like his old face and pretend its the default.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

I miss my old chests. I had a massive collection of the first 20 boxes they released or so, then one day after I came back from a long break they disappeared and I was sad. Same with my TI4 (I think) Fluffnstuff and Ixmike cards.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Internet Kraken posted:

Don't really know any other streamers that are good for learning stuff. Waga is okay I guess.

He doesn't stream any more now that he's got enough Twitchbux to support his lavish donkey-owning lifestyle but Barnyyy is not only the most informative dota streamer out there but also just the best dota streamer, and also the best twitch streamer. He would always use the term "heavy commentary" which Waga started using for some reason. Moo watched his stream too, those were good-rear end times

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

barney has been on my friend list for ages but i never realized he was a streamer just that everyone seemed to know who he was

he doesnt play much anymore

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

NmareBfly posted:

Just out of curiosity, do other esports have any equivalent of the open qualifiers? EG's case this year was pretty odd but the fact that an open qualifier team that could have technically just been 5 dudes got to third place is pretty amazing, and it's the sort of thing I sell Dota as an esport to people on. Wasn't TNC from the open qualifier too?
EVO is basically one big open qualifier, I'm pretty sure.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

Incoherence posted:

EVO is basically one big open qualifier, I'm pretty sure.

:agreed:

Also in Starcraft, both the OSL and MSL the Courage series was an open qualifier each year. SC2's GSL as well is an open qualifier, although iirc in like 2012 they changed it so that they have tiers and relegations like in the big Football/soccer leagues around the world except the lowest tier begins with an open qualifier every year.

Love Stole the Day fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Aug 25, 2016

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Zurreco posted:

zai has the best music. Case closed.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

Pureauthor posted:

That's nice, except nowadays Dota's random drops can't be sold or traded.

I just put stuff up for sale just the other day, what are you talking about?

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Radical posted:

barney has been on my friend list for ages but i never realized he was a streamer just that everyone seemed to know who he was

he doesnt play much anymore

he has wrist and internet issues

SelfOM
Jun 15, 2010
Watching grandgrant cast some pubs, cc&c had some cool plays where he used the self stun on Alch's concoction to blind blink and kill a void last second and right after kill a invisible 1437 (theeban) who tp'ing. Don't know if it was deliberate or not.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

lizzard is a pretty fun streamer

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Watch Pyrion Flax streams to see an old man yell at a cloud

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Love Stole the Day posted:

:agreed:

Also in Starcraft, both the OSL and MSL the Courage series was an open qualifier each year. SC2's GSL as well is an open qualifier, although iirc in like 2012 they changed it so that they have tiers and relegations like in the big Football/soccer leagues around the world except the lowest tier begins with an open qualifier every year.
SC2 had a bunch of open qualifier LANs but no one really made it far out of them; people remember Scarlett at IPL4 but that tournament was so ridiculously stacked that she only made it to top 64 or something.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

https://youtu.be/S6ViuLoXAFo

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Speaking of streams, Moo is currently defending against megacreeps with this build;

He's also playing music so awful its physically painful to listen too.

EDIT: Lost after 100 min

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Aug 25, 2016

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Stacking Mjolnirs pro sniper strat :smugdog:

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
And replacing boots with skadi so the blademail procs don't quite kill him.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
"I'll take 'Famous Last Words' for $500, Alex."

He wrote, 'leave China to me' before losing his head.

"Uhhh.. Who is Genghis Khan?"

No, I'm afraid the answer we were looking for was: PPD.

(Edit: for reals though if after 2.5 years of this bullshit and EG still picks Artour over PPD then gently caress 'em.)

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Aug 25, 2016

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Craptacular! posted:

"I'll take 'Famous Last Words' for $500, Alex."

He wrote, 'leave China to me' before losing his head.

"Uhhh.. Who is Genghis Khan?"

No, I'm afraid the answer we were looking for was: PPD.

(Edit: for reals though if after 2.5 years of this bullshit and EG still picks Artour over PPD then gently caress 'em.)

Considering he took out two powerhouse Chinese teams 2-0 and then got eliminated by another NA team to finish top 3, I once again don't know what you're trying to get at here.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Why would EG take back RTZ yet again?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
when will china end its prejudicial policy of skeleton erasure

first skull king, then karthus......leoric stay strong my dear

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Zurreco posted:

Considering he took out two powerhouse Chinese teams 2-0 and then got eliminated by another NA team to finish top 3, I once again don't know what you're trying to get at here.

It's not really any failing on PPD's part, but it's funny that he wrote that meme on the wall and EG's Twitter account posted that "Wings, your next" thing and then this happened.

Internet Kraken posted:

Why would EG take back RTZ yet again?
I'm sure it's more complicated than this, but Twitch gets one of the more popular Dota streamers back. That's about the only party that benefits, though the Dota community is by now quite loyal to Twitch anyway as OG and Puppey streams have found out in the past year.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Craptacular! posted:

It's not really any failing on PPD's part, but it's funny that he wrote that meme on the wall and EG's Twitter account posted that "Wings, your next" thing and then this happened.

He didn't write it.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Zurreco posted:

He didn't write it.

So did somebody else? All I remember was that "Relevant." tweet.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
In caster news, GrandGrant just dumped a Coors can on his pants while poorly casting an NA pub with no Underlord in hit.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Internet Kraken posted:

He's also playing music so awful its physically painful to listen too.

You weren't kidding holy poo poo what is happening in his stream

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

EG still has a bunch of unsold "2EZ4RTZ" shirts they need to move

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://clips.twitch.tv/grandgrant/FantasticReindeerSoBayed

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

I could eat a sea cucumber

Craptacular! posted:

So did somebody else? All I remember was that "Relevant." tweet.

Eg twitter guy wrote it.

e: which since it's twitter guys we're talking about here and it's not empire twitter guy, definitely no one relevant.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Honestly it's borderline impressive how quickly hats got out of hand. Loadouts get released and they're small things like weapons and helmets, or you get a cool announcer pack and share it with your friends, and they even gave away a million hats during Diretide because they were worthless and you just trashed them to feed your Greevil because almost ever item was bland and pointless and now you pay fifteen thousand dollars to get giant black death tornadoes and a complete map overhaul that no one else but you can see

it would've been nice if valve stuck to the art guide they told everyone to stick to.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

it would've been nice if valve stuck to the art guide they told everyone to stick to.

particle effects

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Groovelord Neato posted:

Honestly a couple times I couldn't figure out who was doing what. One WR power shot and one Wave Form look real similar, some Invoker stuff looks way different, and some Rubick and Witchdoctor poo poo looked similar. Rainbow Impetus was also fuckin weird too.

I'm also retarded though so vOv

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

sugar free jazz posted:

Honestly a couple times I couldn't figure out who was doing what. One WR power shot and one Wave Form look real similar, some Invoker stuff looks way different, and some Rubick and Witchdoctor poo poo looked similar. Rainbow Impetus was also fuckin weird too.

I'm also retarded though so vOv

I've done this so many times in league. Some of the skins make the champs look way different and many of them play almost identical to another, I've gone entire games thinking one champ was someone else.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Is there no general Dota 2 thread anymore?

First ranked game back after a long hiatus, there was a hacker on the enemy team. Match ID is 2597808863. At 39:46, 3 players on my team DC. On my end, the game window just closed with no error or anything. At 40:12 it looks like a 4th leaves, but when he reconnected, he said his game crashed. At 39:33, Invoker's cursor goes off the game screen, then the first set of DCs happens. Anyone else experience anything like this? What do I do to make sure the Invoker gets a nice fat permanent VAC?

edit: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198180312858 is the guy in question. Mostly sure it was him, no one else had anything weird happen on their game screen around the time of the DCs

BabyRyoga fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Aug 25, 2016

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Klaus Kinski posted:

I've done this so many times in league. Some of the skins make the champs look way different and many of them play almost identical to another, I've gone entire games thinking one champ was someone else.

i popped onto a stream the other day and someone was playing brand (hero normally looks like molten rock) but he looked like a blue mage dude and i had no idea who he was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

theres two blue brand skins

ive never mistaken one hero for another in league but i think it happened once in dota when i was really zoned out. im pretty particular about paying attention to the enemy team when i pick so maybe thats why.

• Locked thread