Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

Didn't he say he's only going to make like two more films and KB3 isn't one of them?

Yeah, I think his career goal is to make 10 movies (not counting ones he only wrote or produced) and The Hateful 8 was his eighth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

twistedmentat posted:

I grabbed the Shout Factory release of Buckaroo Banzai, and I never noticed that the comic shown is a Marvel comic. I wonder if there was ever an idea of actually making a BB comic, then or later.

There's been a few

http://www.mycomicshop.com/search?q=buckaroo&pubid=&PubRng=

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

I would love to see Tarantino make a sci-fi or fantasy movie, I feel like he'd be more apt in making an adaption of like 70s Conan comics or something.

You shut your loving mouth, I want this so bad now, stop speaking realities into being that you have no power to create

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

I grabbed the Shout Factory release of Buckaroo Banzai, and I never noticed that the comic shown is a Marvel comic. I wonder if there was ever an idea of actually making a BB comic, then or later.

Marvel published an oversized Buckaroo Banzai movie adaptation graphic novel, which I have and would happily sell.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Here's what I want for marvel films. Have Paul Anderson, Wes Anderson, The Cohen Brothers, The Wachowski Sisters, Quentin Tarantino, and Richard Linklater all come up with a treatment of whichever character they want. Bring them all in a room and sit them down randomly at a round table. Now command them to all pass their treatments one to the left.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

That's an awful trick to pull on whoever gets Paul Anderson's script. Unless you meant Paul Thomas Anderson.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Or Poul Anderson.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Lurdiak posted:

That's an awful trick to pull on whoever gets Paul Anderson's script. Unless you meant Paul Thomas Anderson.

Whichever one is married to Maya Rudolph

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent

JL photographer Clay Enos posted this on his Instagram. If you look close, you'll see references to an emergency smart computer system. Way too early for anything other than idle speculation, but I can't help it... Mother Box? Brother Eye? Brainiac? All three concepts have been mentioned for JL films in the past year or two.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Dario the Wop posted:

JL photographer Clay Enos posted this on his Instagram. If you look close, you'll see references to an emergency smart computer system. Way too early for anything other than idle speculation, but I can't help it... Mother Box? Brother Eye? Brainiac? All three concepts have been mentioned for JL films in the past year or two.

They already confirmed that there are 3 motherboxes on Earth, that Cyborg is created using one, and that they will be a plot point in Justice League. So, I'd guess it is that.

The word is that Justice League Part 1 involves Steppenwolf coming to Earth for the Motherboxes. Then Part 2 is Darkseid.

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Aug 24, 2016

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Some other things in that paper:

The backup computer system that..... uses is the first of it's kind and works....... like a backup power generator. It has.... ability to notice when the primary system ...... offline or operating below it's minimum .. (ef)ficiency, and it takes over. Opponents of the system were largely concerned that the ermergency system would make the entire computer network vulnerable by creating a so-called back-door, but these worries should....

...bank thousands of gallons of Natural gas that could be used in the colder winter months to cut rates to low-income households having trouble making their payments. MPG overbought the natural gas in the summer, when the prices are much lower and stored it in the new Lexcorp Rebuild Metropolis initiative holding facility.

(end of main article)- "In effect we just shifted the cost away from the low-income households to the local businesses who had to have the power, but couldn't get it from MPG, said Brad Good, a local movie theater owner. "We have a tremendous need fo-

HIGHWAY SYSTEM
"We have tremendous need for power. We have too cool the theaters, we need to run the projectors, the sound, the (I assume this is more of the Brad Good quote)

SLEEPING OUTSIDE
A recent rise in crime has authorities baffled and scrambling to find ways to combat the chaos that is gripping Gotham's streets. The murderous crime wave has shown no signs of letting up

It also mentions North Korea escalating aggression with South Korea and off the right there's that bit about Gotham experiencing the highest rate of homicides since 2012 due to a gang war.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Doug Liman is onboard for Justice League Dark, which is confirmed to now be part of the DCCU upcoming slate of films

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Which is just another indicator that there's no chance Gambit is getting made. WB should just poach Tatum for Shazam while his schedule is open

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

FlamingLiberal posted:

Doug Liman is onboard for Justice League Dark, which is confirmed to now be part of the DCCU upcoming slate of films

What, do they think the normal Justice League isn't dark enough?? I can't wait to see John Constantine shoot up a playground

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Looks like Dr Strange is going through re-shoots and Dan Harmon of Community fame will be writing some of the re-shoot scenes.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/doctor-stran...dium=socialflow

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

notthegoatseguy posted:

Looks like Dr Strange is going through re-shoots and Dan Harmon of Community fame will be writing some of the re-shoot scenes.

I've heard people say reshoots are cause for panic and I've heard people say reshoots are pretty standard for movies at this point. Anyone know which is the case? Or is it a pinch of both?

I know Suicide Squad underwent reshoots late in the game.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

I think it depends on what you're doing. Adding some small scenes to the movie and weaving them into what has already been established can be good, and probably not discernible if we didn't already know about the reshoots. But something like Suicide Squad or the Amazing Spider-Man 1 or 2 which obviously under went late reshoots to almost seemingly try to change the tone of the film can lead to an editor's nightmare.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Travis343 posted:

What, do they think the normal Justice League isn't dark enough?? I can't wait to see John Constantine shoot up a playground

There's too many horrible ways Deadmans powers can go. Hah, I hope they include that Zatanna and Bruce had a thing at one time. Isn't there a Motherbox being buried by some Dark Ages looking guys in the JL trailer?

It's funny, Gambit was kind of promoted like it was going to be a passion project like Deadpool, but only Fox marketing seemed to have any passion for it. I mean, what little promotion it had.

SaintFu
Aug 27, 2006

Where's your god now?

SlimGoodbody posted:

I've heard people say reshoots are cause for panic and I've heard people say reshoots are pretty standard for movies at this point. Anyone know which is the case? Or is it a pinch of both?

Marvel routinely schedules reshoot so as part of production.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The additional footage could also be an after credits thing.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Seriously Dan Harmon everyone is tired of Inspector Spacetime.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

SlimGoodbody posted:

Reshoots are standard for any big budget movie like this. Every big movie does reshoots of some kind even if you never hear about it. You hear about it on geek movies because it makes headlines and the people those headlines are targeted to are prone to panic over nothing. The extent of reshoots is usually really unknown in most cases.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Captain Marvel director shortlist:

Niki Caro http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0138927/

Lesli Linka Glatter http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0322128/

Lorene Scafaria http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1032521/

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Pretty underwhelming selection imo. Was hoping for Bigelow.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I dunno, both Caro and Scafaria have some solid stuff. And they all fit what marvel tries to do with its directors, give people who haven't done big blockbusters a chance. Plus all those women have done movies that would have a strong female presence in them.

If Bojack Horseman was real, Kelsey would be directing

Aphrodite posted:

Seriously Dan Harmon everyone is tired of Inspector Spacetime.

I'm not sure where this comes from but yea. I feel like he wasn't ready for who crazy Doctor Who fans are so when he parodied it they went OMG DOCTOR WHO and he was convinced this was some rich comedy vein rather than Who fangirls.

I do like the episode where they go to the Con, not because of the content, but a lot of details about going to a convention are perfect.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Dan Harmon wasn't on the show during that episode.

Also they really didn't use IS that much, they used it to make a handful of jokes through the third season and then Harmon unceremoniously dropped it because he felt that it was overplayed.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

notthegoatseguy posted:

"Strange! Strange! I'm.. I'm gonna need you to jam this infinity stone waaaay up your *urp* way up your rear end"
"Oh..Oh jeez Ancient One, I.. I dunno"

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

"Strange! Strange! I'm.. I'm gonna need you to jam this infinity stone waaaay up your *urp* way up your rear end"

Hopefully this leads to Harmon working on Homecoming

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I could use less Dan Harmon and more Dan Helpin

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I really liked Seeking a Friend for the End of the World so hope Scafaria gets it.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

twistedmentat posted:

Isn't there a Motherbox being buried by some Dark Ages looking guys in the JL trailer?

Yes. According to a big supposed leak, Justice League introduces the idea that Darkseid invaded Earth a long time ago and was driven off by an alliance of humans, Atlanteans, and Amazons. Three mother boxes were left behind, one in the hands of each race. Now Darkseid is sending his greatest general on an advance mission to reclaim the boxes before a full invasion.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Codependent Poster posted:

I really liked Seeking a Friend for the End of the World so hope Scafaria gets it.

Funfact: my girlfriend and I watched that a couple years ago and ugly-sobbed into each other's arms as the credits rolled!

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

SlimGoodbody posted:

Funfact: my girlfriend and I watched that a couple years ago and ugly-sobbed into each other's arms as the credits rolled!

Were you beating her to death? I think we figured out your forum origin story.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I'm picturing the post credit scene.

"Marvel Movies forever and forever a hundred years, Marvel Cinematic Universe over and over a hundred times, this comic book movie bubble's NEVER gonna burst Morty, https://www.marvelcinematicuniverse.com Marvel movies shooting off the screen directly into your eyeballs forever, Marvel movies in every theater" etc

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Rick and Morty really is the best show on TV right now.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
It's okay, not great but entertaining.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
is zendaya mary jane or not? i see her listed as "michelle" on wikipedia

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

GRANNYS PEACH TEA posted:

I'm picturing the post credit scene.

"Marvel Movies forever and forever a hundred years, Marvel Cinematic Universe over and over a hundred times, this comic book movie bubble's NEVER gonna burst Morty, https://www.marvelcinematicuniverse.com Marvel movies shooting off the screen directly into your eyeballs forever, Marvel movies in every theater" etc

Tony: Thanks Mr Poopy Butthole!

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Raserys posted:

is zendaya mary jane or not? i see her listed as "michelle" on wikipedia

It's a Benedict Cumberbatch in Star Trek situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

howe_sam posted:

It's a Benedict Cumberbatch in Star Trek situation.

So she sucks and is miscast?

• Locked thread