Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

:ironicat:

No, seriously, where's the image of this thing just expanding until like a single pixel of it takes up the entire screen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Congrats on hitching to this Trump

quote:

This morning, Leslie Jones‘ was violated when her personal website was hacked. The hackers leaked her license and passport as well as nude photos. Jones is no stranger to cyber bullying. When Ghostbusters was released, she received so many racist and hateful comments on her Twitter account that she temporarily “quit” the platform.

Breitbart writer Milo Yiannopoulos was one of the people after her, and after Tweeting that she was “barely literate” and “playing the victim” his account was permanently suspended due to “targeted abuse.” Milo is still on Snapchat, however, and in the wake of news of the hack, he sent a selfie with the caption, “Karma’s a bitch.”

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

This is so hosed up. I don't even know what to say. Why didn't they attack any of the other GB cast? Why only Leslie? Because she had the audacity to take a role in a movie?

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

Koalas March posted:

This is so hosed up. I don't even know what to say. Why didn't they attack any of the other GB cast? Why only Leslie? Because she had the audacity to take a role in a movie?

We all know why.

:smith:

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

I used to kind of pity Milo as much as I hated him. He as a clearly self-hating man being used as token puppet for the biggest assholes around. Now I see him as more of a self-loathing sociopath taking his entitlement complex and self-worth issues out on everyone else.

Equeen posted:

We all know why.

:smith:

Yup. The perfect storm of angry nerd, whining misogynist, and raging racists let loose.

Geostomp fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Aug 25, 2016

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Koalas March posted:

Racism it seems

The hackers also appeared to have inserted images on the black actress' site of the deceased gorilla Harambe and Jones posing with such stars as Rihanna, Kanye West and Kim Kardashian West

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Koalas March posted:

they hate black women more than white women is my guess

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Leofish posted:

I'm sure there are Trump supporters who would willingly give up money that could be spent on their children's medical bills or education to go toward a "kill the liberal media" legal fund operated by a billionaire.

Remember those people who didn't even live in California who gave their kids' college savings to the Prop 8 campaign?

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

they hate black women more than white women is my guess

Lmao it was obviously a rhetorical question... I guess I will be making that thread about misogynoir, colorism and the media's portrayal of black women. Sigh.

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

quote:

Milo is still on Snapchat, however

I found this line hilarious for some reason

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Milo's going to kill himself once he stops getting attention, isn't he?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Jack Gladney posted:

At this point its probably for the best.

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't

Crabtree posted:

At this point its probably for the best.

I heard he walked away with all the grant money, but it looks like nothing came of that (not yet anyway)

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

"Free speech doesn't entitle you to be a cuck." :lol: that they think anyone outside their bubble takes "cuck" as a withering insult.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

nine-gear crow posted:

:ironicat:

No, seriously, where's the image of this thing just expanding until like a single pixel of it takes up the entire screen?

Ask and ye shall receive:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

iospace posted:

Ask and ye shall receive:

Thank you.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Jack Gladney posted:

That's exactly why Clinton shouldn't refer to him by name in her upcoming speech. Someone posted something like this a little while back, but there's no way he could contain his rage at being denied that spotlight.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

The "best" part of that is Leslie did literally nothing except be in a movie.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Radish posted:

A movie that the internet hate brigade instantly said was poo poo when the cast was announced.

:thejoke: I know

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

TildeATH posted:

Likes and dislikes drive the recommendation algorithm. That determines what you see. Y'all sound like get off my lawn old people when you pretend that social media fiddling is a waste of time. It's the same attitude that allowed the Right to make talk radio into the creepazoid echo chamber of doom because originally people said it was just radio, it didn't affect anything. Then the next thing you know we've got actual political candidates talking like Limbaugh and Levin.

What I mean to say is Gamergaters need to be sent to reeducation camps. In Cambodia. For the good of all of us.
google is skewing the algorithm in favor of dems, don't worry

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

i find that the kind of people who get all smug about [insert group here] being oversensitive or thin-skinned tend to themselves be hilariously thin-skinned—and cripplingly self-unaware to boot
yeah, well I find that people who get all :smug: about their belief that the kind of people who get all smug about [insert group here] being oversensitive and thin-skinned are themselves hilariously thin-skinned and self-unaware, are actually lovely posters

Kilroy fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Aug 25, 2016

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Radish posted:

She was also the best part of the movie but strangely she is the one targeted for ~some reason~

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Guy A. Person posted:

She was also the best part of the movie but strangely she is the one targeted for ~some reason~

Chris Hemsworth was the best part of that movie. Jeeze, will you liberals stop at nothing to tear down the accomplishments of the white man?

Real talk, GB is a movie worth watching, everyone is good and Chris Hemsworth was the funniest person in the movie.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

I'm not a huge fan of the "cartoonishly stupid" archetype so he didn't really work for me :shrug:

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Guy A. Person posted:

I'm not a huge fan of the "cartoonishly stupid" archetype so he didn't really work for me :shrug:

You may have missed the point of his character, then.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
I like how Drudge is now deftly implying that anyone named Mohammed is likely to be an ISIS sympathizer.

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

C'mon guys, I thought "us liberals" were tolerant. Why can't we stand to listen to different ideas

http://imgur.com/gallery/iFGL9

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

beatlegs posted:

C'mon guys, I thought "us liberals" were tolerant. Why can't we stand to listen to different ideas

quote:

- Whether you are on the left or the right, Government has no right to intervene in society. This is how our rights are slowly taken away.

Uh, that is pretty much the definition of right-wing politics, bud. ("but but but the political compass!")

That said, the Russell Brand bit seems relatively neutral and/or a reasonable assessment even though the person posting (and maybe Brand? I dunno much about his politics) probably secretly means that we should SUPPORT ARE TROOPS/LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT/DONT BE INTOLERANT OF RELIGIOUS BIGOTS. So maybe that's the most insidious one? I dunno. :shrug:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Hmm yes government saying that gays have the right to get married is exactly as oppressive as the government saying blacks should have separate facilities from whites.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

beatlegs posted:

quote:

6) LGBT & BLM - Milo Yiannopoulos
Belief:
- The LGBT movement now has so much political and social power that it has unfortunately turned into a movement devoted to bullying religious people.
- For example, Gays will intentionally seek out Christian bakers that refuse to bake a cake for their gay wedding with the intent of humiliating their business on social media.
- People, Gay or Christian, have a natural right to refuse service to anyone they please. Let the free market decide if they'll stay in business without bully tactics.
- BLM is the sole remaining race supremacy group left in the United States with any REAL political and social power. After all, how many politicians do you hear kowtowing to the KKK nowadays?
- Whenever BLM does anything, the liberal media and our politicians are afraid to speak out against them in the fear of political consequences. BLM hate white people, hate all cops, and ignore basic facts like how black-on-black crime dwarfs the statistic of police brutality in the United States.

Was these sorts of excuses made when african americans in the south were denied service? Because that's what Milo is arguing for.

"Well the free market" :downs: is perhaps the dumbest argument in regards to continuing to allow people to be discriminated against.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

beatlegs posted:

loving lol, it's just a list of all the dumbest showmen of the alt-right. None of these opinions are novel or new to pretty much anybody on the left

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

You know, I'm really tired, and I skimmed over that Milo stuff before...but now I read it and I'm like loving cross-eyed with anger right now.

Edit: Remember step 1 of Conservative Ideology: State your beliefs as fact so the opposition has to waste time proving you wrong first.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

beatlegs posted:

We did let the free market decide though, Milo. Target thinks there's more profit in being nice to gays and transgendered than not, but your Christians threw a poo poo fit when the free market didn't want you to harass short haired women in a restroom. If anyone's going against capitalism, why, that would be your side, buddy.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

There's a difference between someone like Milo and say, Penn Jilette in regards to being :downs: free market about things.

Penn made the argument that he believed that the free market should decide things...up until those things flat out discriminate against someone, then the government should step in. Which is truly believing in the "Government being the last resort" sort of thing.

Which is why when he was interviewed about the Indiana Pizza controversy? He was kinda like "Yeah. They SHOULD serve the pizza. This is a situation where the government needs to step in".

Milo and these other shitbags don't believe that.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Milo also dropped by to poo poo up the SFF fandom by co-authoring a pamphlet called "SJWs Always Lie" with notorious misogynist and racist Theodore "Vox Day" Beale. Their minions got it nominated for the Hugo award, but it placed dead last behind "no preference" and "just don't give anyone the award" in the actual vote.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Antti posted:

Milo also dropped by to poo poo up the SFF fandom by co-authoring a pamphlet called "SJWs Always Lie" with notorious misogynist and racist Theodore "Vox Day" Beale. Their minions got it nominated for the Hugo award, but it placed dead last behind "no preference" and "just don't give anyone the award" in the actual vote.

It must just get so physically exhausting at times trying to actively be that odious a human being.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

FuzzySkinner posted:

There's a difference between someone like Milo and say, Penn Jilette in regards to being :downs: free market about things.

Penn made the argument that he believed that the free market should decide things...up until those things flat out discriminate against someone, then the government should step in. Which is truly believing in the "Government being the last resort" sort of thing.

Which is why when he was interviewed about the Indiana Pizza controversy? He was kinda like "Yeah. They SHOULD serve the pizza. This is a situation where the government needs to step in".

Milo and these other shitbags don't believe that.

The main difference is you don't debate people like Milo at all because then you get people like Richard Spencer. If Dick Dworkins taught us one thing it's that you don't debate crazy.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
I really dig the throwback.

I was rocking out to some Robeson and my American wife told me to turn it down because the neighbors might hear and we could get in trouble.

Arisen from ruins, eh Comrade?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

i find that the kind of people who get all smug about [insert group here] being oversensitive or thin-skinned tend to themselves be hilariously thin-skinned—and cripplingly self-unaware to boot

Like most conservative views on their political opponents, the idea that liberals/leftists are oversensitive is just them projecting real hard. It's actually kinda of uncanny how just about every insult conservatives use against liberals applies to themselves.

edit: Some day we will find out that Milo's mom is been held hostage for the past few years and that he has been threatened to continue expressing terrible alt-right political opinions or they'll kill his mom.

His mom will be rescued and then someone will say "It's okay. You can finally rest now" to Milo and he will burst into tears.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Aug 25, 2016

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Shbobdb posted:

I really dig the throwback.

I was rocking out to some Robeson and my American wife told me to turn it down because the neighbors might hear and we could get in trouble.

Arisen from ruins, eh Comrade?

I used to share a living room wall with a neighbor who would selectively call in noise complaints on hip-hop, and I'm talking like the kind that reveals I grew up in an affluent suburb I'm the 80s/90s. So no Tribe Called Quest or Gorillaz after work for me.

they were okay with Funkadelic and Stevie Wonder tho so who knows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Okay, how is someone being denied service at a store and then telling people about it, and suggesting they no longer shop there, not the free market?

Like, isn't that how they say the free market would work? Isn't that the justification to get rid of things like quality control and meat inspectors and poo poo because, "oh, if you don't offer the best service, people will spread the word and you'll go out of business!"

Isn't this exactly what they want?