Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747
Used on her Maddow interview, Kellyanne Conway is the poster child for Minitrue employees. I really think her corpus callosum is non-functional.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Josef bugman posted:

It seems to be a "softening" to make it more in line with Bush's views.

lol
This is the one issue that he really took a firm stance on and now he's pretty much just falling in line with what everybody else has been saying
How is this gonna be a big change from Obama's spooky immigration goals?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Augus posted:

Can someone translate Trump's word vomit into English for me, tia

JEB! pretty much did that for you and it's highlighted in blue. Though JEB! went and made a stricter statement by emphasizing that they have to learn English and can't get none of that government cheddar. So JEB!, is now harsher on illegals than Trump.

Edit: I can't begin to describe the level of perfect irony if the one thing Trump tries to soften his image on ends up being the one thing that drives away his racist base though. Assuming Coulter and the rest of the right wing rear end in a top hat squad aren't just panning for gold in the sewer once again.

Gyges fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Aug 25, 2016

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/768618349903351808

Hm, wonder what it's gonna be this time.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Augus posted:

"Illegal immigrants won't get citizenship and will need to pay back-taxes (ignoring that many illegal immigrants do pay taxes but anyway), this isn't an amnesty like Reagan's where they're getting citizenship. We need to deport them if they are criminals, but otherwise if they meet my previously stated conditions, we'll leave them alone (leaving them in an unspecified limbo of possible legal statuses) because a bunch of Great Americans have said that they think breaking up families isn't very compassionate. I hear that all the time and I agree."

This message brought to you from an alternate universe where fascism in America is imminent due to a simple difference in one man's ability to be articulate

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Augus posted:

He's implying two things:
that there will be a path to citizenship
thay there will be no path to citizenship

He's weaseling around saying either explicitly (he only says no general amnesty explicitly) so that his hardcore supporters assume there won't be one and more moderate Republicans assume there will be one so he can attract both at once. The problem is he's loving terrible at anything approaching subtlety so he makes it obvious he's just trying to play both sides unsuccessfuly.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Augus posted:

lol
This is the one issue that he really took a firm stance on and now he's pretty much just falling in line with what everybody else has been saying

Funny thing, for some reason, Republicans tend to like a lot of Obama's policies when they're coming out of the mouth of someone whitewith an R next to their name.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
https://twitter.com/JDiamond1/status/768623188842393600

I want to just say "Lol, project much?", but I think Bannon or some new campaign chief that came with him realized they needed to get out ahead of Clinton's speech tomorrow.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

He's implying two things:
that there will be a path to citizenship
thay there will be no path to citizenship

He's weaseling around saying either explicitly (he only says no general amnesty explicitly) so that his hardcore supporters assume there won't be one and more moderate Republicans assume there will be one so he can attract both at once. The problem is he's loving terrible at anything approaching subtlety so he makes it obvious he's just trying to play both sides unsuccessfuly.

Well, it's obvious to us. It might work on them. Remember, all the obvious stupid poo poo he's said has worked on his base so far. But his base is 9% of voters.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Josef bugman posted:

You have partial ownership of said company but that company has (effectively) seen no money from you?

You're buying that partial ownership from someone else who had bought it previously.

It's like how you can buy a used phone on eBay, but Samsung doesn't make any money in that transaction

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Crain posted:

I want to just say "Lol, project much?", but I think Bannon or some new campaign chief that came with him realized they needed to get out ahead of Clinton's speech tomorrow.

I love that crowd watching when Trump says things is now a popular twitter pastime.

https://twitter.com/SarahWoodwriter/status/768615326611365888?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

A leaked document saying "I am Hillary Clinton's real doctor person and she is definitely dying by my medical doctor diagnosis. P.S. This is real."

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Lord Hydronium posted:

A leaked document saying "I am Hillary Clinton's real doctor person and she is definitely dying by my medical doctor diagnosis. P.S. This is real."

I don' know, they already tweeted out that she asked the NFL for help with her cracked head. Which is a hilariously preposterous idea on so many levels.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Gyges posted:

I don' know, they already tweeted out that she asked the NFL for help with her cracked head. Which is a hilariously preposterous idea on so many levels.

The NFL knows all about covering up head injuries.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Has Hillary passed the concussion protocol before going back on the campaign trail????

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Bad Moon posted:

Has Hillary passed the concussion protocol before going back on the campaign trail????

Hillary's brave and courageous decision to re-enter play following a possible concussion is an inspiration to young athletes everywhere. What grit. What determination. Look out GOP, she's hungry for this win!!

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Bad Moon posted:

She rubbed some dirt on it and walked it off.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/AC360/status/768626142131658752

She mad.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

I like angry Hillary.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

The GOP has convinced me that Hillary has enough guts and courage to pilot an anime robot.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

I mean, she is academically correct.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

professor_curly posted:

I think the Republican party collectively heard the story of the boy who cried wolf, and concluded that the moral of the story is that he should have cried wolf more loudly.

Or maybe they're just DS9 fans.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Dirt posted:

I like angry Hillary.

It's one of the things I've most been looking forward to about the debates. There's not a soul alive less inclined to take poo poo from Trump in this election than Hillary Clinton, and Trump has never been good at playing defense.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Crain posted:

How stupid does Bannon think we are?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Geostomp posted:

Very?

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Crain posted:

https://twitter.com/SarahWoodwriter/status/768615326611365888

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Geostomp posted:

Considering the rubes that read his "news" site? Very and with good reason.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Crain posted:

I want to just say "Lol, project much?"

That's basically all Trump does, to the point of accusing Hillary of being a Russian plant.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

I'm Arzying pretty hard about those Ipsos polls of Maine and Wisconsin.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Ogmius815 posted:

What polls? Link?

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Ogmius815 posted:

Odd direction for Chuck Tingle to take but okay

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

iospace posted:

What polls? Link?
I can't find any.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Cythereal posted:

It's one of the things I've most been looking forward to about the debates. There's not a soul alive less inclined to take poo poo from Trump in this election than Hillary Clinton, and Trump has never been good at playing defense.
I really don't know how I'm going to make it through October if Hillary Clinton doesn't thrash Trump so completely and totally that Hannity calls it a tie.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

sarmhan posted:

I can't find any.

They're up on 538. I'm guessing it's just state data they collected while doing their nationwide one, I bet.

Also:
https://twitter.com/TeddyDavisCNN/status/768633935135813632
If she can maintain this line, and finally stop being so flimsy on the emails, it may work.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Bad Moon posted:

Fencing response, checks out.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

iospace posted:

They're up on 538. I'm guessing it's just state data they collected while doing their nationwide one, I bet.

Also:
https://twitter.com/TeddyDavisCNN/status/768633935135813632
If she can maintain this line, and finally stop being so flimsy on the emails, it may work.

"CLINTON: 'NO EXCUSE' FOR BENGHAZI EMAILS" - Drudge, probably.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Augus posted:

lol

What Obama is doing but ‘with a lot more energy’.

A Man With A Plan
Mar 29, 2010
Fallen Rib

Ogmius815 posted:

On the other hand, Maine is literally the whitest state in the country, and Wisconsin is pretty far up there too.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Please put scare quotes around 'wealth'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Jazerus posted:

"CLINTON: 'NO EXCUSE' FOR BENGHAZI EMAILS" - Drudge, probably.

like for real though how did that line manage to sound like a good idea to political professionals

taking a firm stance is good but why not try to use phrasing that can't be twisted by literally removing one letter

• Locked thread