Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Zephyrine posted:

The junker/scavenger skins are the best. It turns D.Va into some Mad Max style junker Gremlin that built a Mech from an old car and salvaged parts. The outfit is also really cool as opposed to the poured latex cat suits.

Incredibly bad taste

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm glad my favourite hero is Pharah who has no bad skins

PersonalGenius
Mar 1, 2013

Barefoot on the Moon
Can we all agree that the goth bird ballerina Windowmaker skins are the worst?

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

net cafe scandal posted:

Incredibly bad taste

I already have the back story ready. D.Va lost her parents in the Australian Apocalypse and was adopted by Junkrat and Roadhog as they took her with them on wild and whacky adventures. Junkrat trained her and helped her build Meka. They have sort of a brother-sister relationship.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

PersonalGenius posted:

you mispelled goth-industrial Zarya skins

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

the first choke on eichenwalde is junkrat heaven. if you've got a reinhardt or dva up front to protect you from stray fire you can just stand back and spam to your heart's content. you can trap the side room or the bakery stairs and there's not much they can do about it. even if they manage to get someone over the roof or the bridge you've got such a good vantage point over everything they won't get far and neither will their team. you can hold the choke so well just with your spam that your team is free to clean up anyone who manages to break through.

this is just based off a few games though. i've gotten attack much more often than defense, and a good push with reinhardt and speed boost can bust the point open.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

PersonalGenius posted:

No because there's still Zarya's "Reaper's girlfriend" skins.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

FAUXTON posted:

No because there's still Zarya's "Reaper's girlfriend" skins.

She's gay, dude. Come on.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

strong bird posted:

lol if you think Zarya would waste her time on something as fragile and weak as a woman. She's a strong woman who pegs strong men.

PersonalGenius
Mar 1, 2013

Barefoot on the Moon

strong bird posted:

It's true. Muscular women with short hair are all homosexual. It's called genetics, duh.

PersonalGenius
Mar 1, 2013

Barefoot on the Moon

Naerasa posted:

lol if you think Zarya would waste her time on something as fragile and weak as a woman. She's a strong woman who pegs strong men.

This quote has a lot of mixed emotions.

Tweet Me Balls
Apr 14, 2009

strong bird posted:

She's actually Russian, but it's an easy mistake to make.

PersonalGenius
Mar 1, 2013

Barefoot on the Moon

Zikan posted:

I have an easier time believing in a goth Russian than I do a sniper in a tutu.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Naerasa posted:

I heard that's how Junkrat lost his leg.

Snapped like a toothpick and she didn't even slow down.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

PersonalGenius posted:

This quote has a lot of mixed emotions.

Yeah I realized that when I wrote it but I decided to leave it as is since I thought the immediate hypocrisy was funnier.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

PersonalGenius posted:

It's true. Muscular women with short hair are all homosexual. It's called genetics, duh.

Ahhpple
Dec 18, 2011

PersonalGenius posted:

Theyre cool

Zikan posted:

Theyre also cool

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Ahhpple posted:

Theyre cool

Theyre also cool

Your av is your glee as you post bad opinions

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

squirrelzipper posted:

Yeah overall this is true, but certain sounds are more important than others generally. You can't cover all of them but look at Dvas ult, there's a huge exclamation mark on the bomb that gives you a visual cue to direction. So it's unsolvable probably for things like footsteps or tracer blinks or health pack pickups but they could add directional visual cues for critical sounds in a certain radius and ults. Agree it would be hard to ensure it want exploitable - maybe turning on hearing aids automatically turns off all sound.

It isn't really the case that some sounds are more important than others. Again, this is not a new problem, it's been with us since the dawn of FPS gaming. In Quake armor and damage amplifiers are "more important" because it's a clear indication that the person you are about to fight has turned into an unstoppable rage machine, and there is also an audio que when it ends. Of course, there are visual ques as well but the audio ques are nice loud things that ding out as if someone rung a fog horn.

But that's not the most important thing. What is the most important thing is that between gun shots, foot steps, pain sounds, jumps, and health pickups good players essentially have a toned down wall hack and radar. It's not only that they can tell a fight is going on around the corner or someone is about to round it, it's that they are tracking a good portion of the other team as they move around the map most of the time they are in game. The combination of knowing who is where, who is fighting who, who is taking what damage, who is dealing what damage at almost all times is a massive advantage.

People with hearing problems are simply always going to be at a disadvantage. The only games I've seen even quasi address are tactical games where having a map up at all times that shows pings when people shoot, sprint, or interact with things. But those are slower paced non twitch shooters.

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

PersonalGenius posted:

I knew like only 1 Russian goth in my life and I know a lot of Russians.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

PersonalGenius posted:

But she's French. Don't they all walk around in tutus?

PersonalGenius
Mar 1, 2013

Barefoot on the Moon

...good...point?

PersonalGenius
Mar 1, 2013

Barefoot on the Moon

Idia posted:

I knew like only 1 Russian goth in my life and I know a lot of Russians.

How many ballerina snipers do you know because i know like zero

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
Blizz should continue the tradition of giving offensive costumes and give Widowmaker a burkini.

Ahhpple
Dec 18, 2011

Zarya is a lesbian. I know this because Overwatch takes place in the future, and in the future straight people won't exist any more.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Ahhpple posted:

Zarya is a lesbian. I know this because Overwatch takes place in the future, and in the future straight people won't exist any more.
*looks at Overwatch fanart*

This checks out.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

PersonalGenius posted:

How many ballerina snipers do you know because i know like zero

Two, but one of them claims she only does it because the shoes are wicked expensive.

PersonalGenius
Mar 1, 2013

Barefoot on the Moon

Ahhpple posted:

Shhh. Don't tell the straights about the future plans for the Queer Agenda.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I have no problem removing a hero from competitive. They will make mistakes from time to time and introduce heroes whose entire basic premise is flawed. As evidenced that they already have two and a half sniper classes.

I spent cold hard cash on Hearthstone's Naxxramas set that is now reduced to the HS equivalent of quick play. Some things will just never be balanced and they either get nerfed into F-tier unpickable trash after a fashion or just go away.

Also people who call loot boxes 'gambling' please realize you lose points with anyone even remotely familiar with real gambling. As your dupes give you credit toward something else the boxes are already less gambling than those coin operated capsule toy machines that drew your eye as a child.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Ahhpple posted:

In a world where gay sex is mandatory and robots can't understand the word of the Christian God, only straight white cismales Jesse McCree and Jack Morrison can make America great again.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Naerasa posted:

In a world where gay sex is mandatory and robots can't understand the word of the Christian God, only straight white cismales Jesse McCree and Jack Morrison can make America great again.

I hate to break it to you but

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Naerasa posted:

You forgot Torbjorn too. Little guy's probably the most bigoted of all of them.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Craptacular! posted:

Also people who call loot boxes 'gambling' please realize you lose points with anyone even remotely familiar with real gambling. As your dupes give you credit toward something else the boxes are already less gambling than those coin operated capsule toy machines that drew your eye as a child.

My god, he's cracked the code. Quick, make all of our machines give you credit towards a free spin or a free drink so they don't count as gambling anymore

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Naerasa posted:

Sorry, Soldier 76 is gay with Reaper, and McCree is gay with Hanzo.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
also robots can understand the word of god, that's the whole problem and why they need Vaguely Non-Descript Quasi-Buddhism

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Grapplejack posted:

My god, he's cracked the code. Quick, make all of our machines give you credit towards a free spin or a free drink so they don't count as gambling anymore

No, I'm just tired of hearing it called gambling by someone who is raging about not having the thing they wanted. These guys played Shenmue and spent all their money collecting Virtua Fighters ingame, I know it.

My last gripe for a while: they way they teased Ana was cool and good. The way they tease Sombra feels like the buildup to a Five Nights At Freddy's game. Please stop before it alerts the YouTubers bickering about whether Golden Freddy and Fredbear are two different characters or one.

PersonalGenius
Mar 1, 2013

Barefoot on the Moon

Naerasa posted:

...by doin' buttstuff together.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Supercar Gautier posted:

This checks out I've seen evidence of both.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Supercar Gautier posted:

Genji/bastion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

I hate Suits. All of them.
Unrelated, but had a line in the pre-fight Ilios (Lighthouse) map that said ~ "XxninjalordxX has changed to Sombra (was Lucio)" when they obv. did not. That was kinda neat.