Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Fat Shat Sings posted:

The episode where Phlox was hallucinating and almost phasered porthos would have been much better if he actually phasered porthos.

Make the B plot about him cloning a new beagle with that desert larvae plot device thing.

Archer wakes up "Porthos! You look younger! that Nebula must have done wonders for you!"
*frozen dog bounces off of shuttlepod as they inspect the ship for damage*

porthos is trapped in transporters forever. i hope in the new show someone rescues him tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

corn in the bible posted:

porthos is trapped in transporters forever. i hope in the new show someone rescues him tho

It's not porthos it's one of porthos' descendents. This is important.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

drat tpol is a bitch

also here i made this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdXTVhH9rbs

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Spot is the one true space pet :radcat:

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
Oh man I just remembered that Porthos in sick bay episode. They even have the dog get rubbed down in the fan service gel.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I want to buy the pickled porthos prop when he's floating in the tank in sick bay. What's a realistic appraisal of that thing's value? I want to use it to freak out my beagle.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Baronjutter posted:

The writers wanted that to be forever, but he said no loving way is a show about a black single father going to end with him abandoning his kid and fought hard against that.

I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall in that room.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

I know you cheated in a few spots but this is still :krad:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Iron Crowned posted:

Spot is the one true space pet :radcat:

One of my favourite bits in TNG is from the episode where the crew are all devolving because of Reg Barclay.

"Why isn't Spot feeding her newborn kittens?" *Camera pans across to an Iguna with Spot's collar*

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
i want the new show's warp drive to constantly make 90's saxophone sounds

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Neddy Seagoon posted:

One of my favourite bits in TNG is from the episode where the crew are all devolving because of Reg Barclay.

"Why isn't Spot feeding her newborn kittens?" *Camera pans across to an Iguna with Spot's collar*

THat was a good episode, I like how Troi turned into a frog and Worf tried to eat them

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Iron Crowned posted:

THat was a good episode, I like how Troi turned into a frog and Worf tried to eat them

It also has an insanely out-of-place dark moment for TNG with Worf spraying loving acid in Beverly Crusher's face, sending her falling to the floor clutching her face and screaming in agony. The nurses mention late that she even needs extensive reconstructive surgery because of the damage.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

I like some stuff about Enterprise so far, like the lady who eats Vulcan cuisine because she thinks it's cool

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
:butt: "We have a spot on the away team if you want it."

:) "I have some work to do and decon is a huge hassle."

:butt: "T'Pol is on the away team."

:) "Sign me up."

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
She's a weeb for Vulcan. She subscribes to Vulcan's one TV channel, which is just a man reading technical manuals for 12 hours at a time.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

wow this alien planet sure looks like california

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

that whole episode was a trainwreck but zerg worf trying to kill everyone because he wanted to mate with frog troi is pretty dope

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

why did barclay turn into a spider

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

that whole episode was a trainwreck but zerg worf trying to kill everyone because he wanted to mate with frog troi is pretty dope

The episode's a wreck but it has some fun moments. Like everyone devolving through stable transitions, except for Barclay who turns into a mishapen half-man half-spider abomination in constant agony.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

You'd be surprised how many Class M Planets out there resemble Los Angeles county. The ancient race that seeded the galaxy with humanoid lifeforms also changed those planets' atmospheres to look like matte paintings.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Stargate is that away friend -------->

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

MrSlam posted:

You'd be surprised how many Class M Planets out there resemble Los Angeles county. The ancient race that seeded the galaxy with humanoid lifeforms also changed those planets' atmospheres to look like matte paintings.

WHAT AN INCREDIBLE PLANET they say as they look at a regular tree and the dog is bored

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
wow these backwards medieval people sure wear brown clothing, but have perfect teeth.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

happyhippy posted:

Stargate is that away friend -------->

In Stargate every planet is either a Vancouver area park full of ferns and evergreen trees or the desert area around Osoyoos.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

Harveygod posted:

I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall in that room.

Lots of yelling I bet. Lots of exasperated, entertaining yelling.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

happyhippy posted:

wow these backwards medieval people sure wear brown clothing, but have perfect teeth.

One nitpick I've always had for the show was that the rando humans' outfits are always so bland. I think the Federation killed fashion and culture in general.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

in every episode of tng i can remember non starfleet humans wear scraps of shiny fabric designed to maximize side boob

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

MrSlam posted:

One nitpick I've always had for the show was that the rando humans' outfits are always so bland. I think the Federation killed fashion and culture in general.
In the replicator-driven future everyone has to wear what their partner designs for them.

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

in every episode of tng i can remember non starfleet humans wear scraps of shiny fabric designed to maximize side boob
In the replicator-driven future everyone has to wear what their partner designs for them.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

someone should post all the outfits humans wore pre and post rod n berries death. i bet the galaxy got a lot more modest

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Side boob is one of the simple pleasures in life

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Garak makes clothes from 1970 curtain leftovers.

Triggered
Aug 21, 2016

Learn about this great man on mormon.org
The best TNG episode is when Wesley gets the death penalty for breaking a pane of glass. How does such a ridiculous, demented society evolve? How are there any children on the planet?

Cant remember the ending, did picard threaten to glass the planet even though he hated the stupid boy?

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Triggered posted:

The best TNG episode is when Wesley gets the death penalty for breaking a pane of glass. How does such a ridiculous, demented society evolve? How are there any children on the planet?

Cant remember the ending, did picard threaten to glass the planet even though he hated the stupid boy?

it was just 45 minutes of them hemming and hawing over whether respecting their dumbass culture was more important than wesley's life and eventually they convinced them to let it slide this one time

also there was a ship that they worshipped as a god and for the life of me i cannot remember its relevance to the plot

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Triggered posted:

They needed an episode where they could feel superior to an alien race after getting robbed by pool noodle armed ferengi.

Triggered
Aug 21, 2016

Learn about this great man on mormon.org

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

it was just 45 minutes of them hemming and hawing over whether respecting their dumbass culture was more important than wesley's life and eventually they convinced them to let it slide this one time

also there was a ship that they worshipped as a god and for the life of me i cannot remember its relevance to the plot

Hmmm I like my ending better, it makes more sense.

naem
May 29, 2011

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Speaking of TNG fashion
http://sttngfashion.tumblr.com/

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

to boldly go where no (hu)man has gone before-

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.
College Slice

Triggered posted:

Speaking of T&A isn't that the same episode where all the people are barely dressed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Force fields have endless applications.