Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Well ok

Tomorrow, we cook

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

In also invite others to make the recipe. It's really simple, and I want to compare our hosed up armpit hair

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I know it's going to be vile already because it involves shredded wheat

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Let's just put the Black Books clip in the OP.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Picnic Princess posted:

When I was a kid we had mice in our trailer, and my mom burned one to death in our toaster. We couldn't afford a new one for a couple of paycheques. I used to take frozen waffles, put my lips around them, and breathe into them to thaw them and eat them like that. It was okay because they were the fancy cinnamon ones and they tasted fairly okay.

This brought brought back so many childhood memories of rural poverty that it looped around from being sad to hilarious.

thecluckmeme posted:

In also invite others to make the recipe. It's really simple, and I want to compare our hosed up armpit hair

Sorry, I'm out. Can't find an adult to help.

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Sorry, I'm out. Can't find an adult to help.

Leave this thread up while making the dish. Our combined effective ages put us close enough to the adult you need deserve. Bonus points for leaving up the PYF lifehacks thread as well.

Captain Jesus
Feb 26, 2009

What's wrong with you? You don't even have your beer goggles on!!

Picnic Princess posted:

When I was a kid we had mice in our trailer, and my mom burned one to death in our toaster. We couldn't afford a new one for a couple of paycheques. I used to take frozen waffles, put my lips around them, and breathe into them to thaw them and eat them like that. It was okay because they were the fancy cinnamon ones and they tasted fairly okay.

I grew up without a toaster and a microwave (we had an oven with a stove though) but I was never forced to eat frozen food. Weird.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Captain Jesus posted:

I grew up without a toaster and a microwave (we had an oven with a stove though) but I was never forced to eat frozen food. Weird.

That kind of makes sense though, most frozen food is intended for microwave/toaster use IME. Like there's always the drawn out instructions for if you HAVE to make it in an oven or on the stove but they tend to be more elaborate than just "put in microwave heat for 20 sec eat alone"

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Polyseme posted:

Leave this thread up while making the dish. Our combined effective ages put us close enough to the adult you need deserve. Bonus points for leaving up the PYF lifehacks thread as well.

Eh, I'd better not risk it. Though I had a GBS thread open when I ran the numbers, so don't think it's all your fault.

I did pick up some of the new Kettle pepperoncini chips today, and here's my chip report:

buy those drat things now

Un chien andalou
Oct 22, 2008

The pipe is leaking

sweeperbravo posted:

That kind of makes sense though, most frozen food is intended for microwave/toaster use IME. Like there's always the drawn out instructions for if you HAVE to make it in an oven or on the stove but they tend to be more elaborate than just "put in microwave heat for 20 sec eat alone"

Eh, I've been without a toaster for a while now, and an oven can do the job just as well. I suppose its a waste of electricity for just one slice of toast, but crank that sucker to max, preheat it for 5 minutes and toast away!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Captain Jesus posted:

Best thing I ever did was accidentally destroy my microwave and never replace it.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

thecluckmeme posted:

Hi AFP. Let's play a game.

Pick a number between 1 and 78

Forget numbers, post these:
• Nose blow burritos
• Diaper dump porridge
• Cheesy ghost on toast
• Dish detergent smoothie

I may have the names wrong but god drat did I ever love this book as a kid.

e: Also worth noting most of the ingredients are pretty normal, and the recipes actually fairly good. I remember liking that smoothie a lot.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Everybody just make one of these:

(I've always wondered what a "helicoptor pie" would look like)

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Data Graham posted:

one mixed gently caress please!

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Data Graham posted:

mods change my name to double rear end cake, thanks

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
I'm the balls on toast

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
I'd love to take someone there on a date. I'll have the I'LL KILL YOU and they can have the I KILL U PLATTER.

Menstural Cyclone
Sep 10, 2009
Loose corn, anybody?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIa-zSv5VkI

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

Picnic Princess posted:

High five, kinda. Same trailer/mouse story but it was the oven and my dad took it apart, cleaned it, and reassembled it, but the mouse smell never went away and so I stopped using the stove.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

hello i would like an order of bees on wheat to go

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
"Look, I'm in a hurry here, and I need that important poo poo right now!"

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

ChickenWing posted:

hello i would like an order of bees on wheat to go

:ohdear:

Captain Jesus
Feb 26, 2009

What's wrong with you? You don't even have your beer goggles on!!
I'm a fan of Egg & Beer Queer. Never noticed that one before somehow.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
That's the first one I noticed and... Uh oh...

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
I wonder if the steamed horse is like a steamed pork bun. That could actually be good.

Would anyone like some chocolate caviar?

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
i would describe myself as an egg and beer queer

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

Pyrotoad posted:

I wonder if the steamed horse is like a steamed pork bun. That could actually be good.

Would anyone like some chocolate caviar?

Wrong thread for that video, friend.

e:

poop dood posted:

:same:

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

poop dood posted:

:) :hf: :) I had eggs and beer for lunch

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Polyseme posted:

Wrong thread for that video, friend.

I'm sure it's tasty. I just find spherical gel food kinda odd.

What about this vegan gluten free samosa?

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

Pyrotoad posted:

I'm sure it's tasty. I just find spherical gel food kinda odd.

What about this vegan gluten free samosa?

That is an awful video. But I mean, that's just besan made into a dough, and if he were frying them I'd call that a hosed up pakora-thing. But it looks delicious. Hell, I just made some besan earlier while my father looked on in confusion. I'm making pakoras later, is what I'm saying.

Keep posting videos, I need more ideas. I'm just mad I can't make the chocolate caviar mini-balls without going to the store.

e: We have radically different concepts of what looks like good food, it seems. Come visit and cook with me.

e2: I'll post content when I inevitably do it wrong, and end up with monstrosities. Who needs recipes, when you can listen to cooking-unrelated podcasts instead?

Polyseme has a new favorite as of 00:16 on Aug 26, 2016

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.
Looks more like an attempt to make bad falafel than pakora, samosa or bhaji.

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010
This channel is an anti-"libtard" freep post come to life.

Imagine being stuck on a cruise with hundreds of them

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

thecluckmeme posted:

You know what? Sure, I'll make some of that tomorrow.

I don't have any shredded wheat, though. Kellogg's All-Bran is close enough, right? Sure.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

cash crab posted:

:) :hf: :) I had eggs and beer for lunch

Just remove the eggs!

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

I have used 41 of 300 characters allowed.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

That's just baked ziti.

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

That's just baked ziti.

Always looks terrible when portioned out, though.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

This brought brought back so many childhood memories of rural poverty that it looped around from being sad to hilarious.

That's exactly it. I have so many horrible stories but looking back on them, they're so utterly ridiculous that it's okay to laugh at it now.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Data Graham posted:

Why did you not use the Wolverine claws.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgFeVlw2Ywg

I understand his sentiment but these are actually really great at shredding meat. The reason people fail when using them is that you really need to do it in a bowl or dish, if you do it on a cutting board the meat slips everywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Doritos Consommé