Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

killstealing posted:

explosive arrow elementalist/yugg?

I've allready told you the answer :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Second CWDT setup Tempest Shield is not proc'ing. It takes a little less damage to proc and is not working. Flammability is proc'ing. Is it because of level of gem?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Probably. CwDT will only proc active gems that are at or below the level requirement of the CwDT gem.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
I'm absolutely determined to do a Guardian Vortex burn character unless they get rid of double-dipping completely. There's a bunch of gimmicks I could shoe-horn in, like LL or RF or Aegis Aurora but I'm not sure about any of those.

First character might be reverse-knockback poison shockwave totems, just because it'll be pretty cheap to gear.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

gonadic io posted:

I'm absolutely determined to do a Guardian Vortex burn character unless they get rid of double-dipping completely. There's a bunch of gimmicks I could shoe-horn in, like LL or RF or Aegis Aurora but I'm not sure about any of those.

First character might be reverse-knockback poison shockwave totems, just because it'll be pretty cheap to gear.

Yeah, I was thinking about some sorta vortex thing too. That or trapper, since I haven't played one in... a long rear end time and hopefully there have been enough QoL changes with tree, links & ascendencies to make the actual gameplay less miserable than it was.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Deerstalker and that poison jewel make trapping v nice

YoungSexualNorton
Aug 8, 2004
These are good for the children's brains.
Sword/shield gladiator with abyssus and scaeva is a lot of fun to start out with, apart from the abyssus costing a decent amount these days. Usually by the time you hit 60 you'll have saved up enough for one. It's really all you need offensively, the rest is just stacking defense so it doesn't get you killed.

You can basically plug in any melee skill that works with swords, which is nearly all of them, and tear through most everything. Lacerate is a good choice for keeping some distance early on but it's nice to be able to switch up on whim.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Oh poo poo, I forgot about trapper. Yeah that's a mega solid first character choice for me. I loving love trappers.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
How kit dependent is self-cast discharge juggernaut? Quite like the sound of it.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Lungboy posted:

How kit dependent is self-cast discharge juggernaut? Quite like the sound of it.

hardly if at all, but you'll die to reflect and it isn't extremely smooth wrt clearspeeed

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

theshim posted:

Run a WI character!

That sounds like a great idea, its been forever since I've done anything CI.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Bugsy posted:

That sounds like a great idea, its been forever since I've done anything CI.
I ran one last league, was clearing red maps deathless and I am super poo poo at this game. Super fun!

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

what's WI? whispering ice?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

baram. posted:

what's WI? whispering ice?

Yes

theshim posted:

I ran one last league, was clearing red maps deathless and I am super poo poo at this game. Super fun!

I think it was 2.1 where a whispering ice player was #1 on hc ladder for a long time until he did something stupid and died.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Yes.

My question is why CI is lumped in with WI? Is it just the fact that you need ALL OF THE INTELLIGENCE for WI that people go CI or is there some other interaction I'm missing?

edit: I forgot WI gives you %int, but my question still stands

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

whypick1 posted:

Yes.

My question is why CI is lumped in with WI? Is it just the fact that you need ALL OF THE INTELLIGENCE for WI that people go CI or is there some other interaction I'm missing?
ALL THE INTELLIGENCE gives you a huge amount of free ES, so yeah.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I've never done a WI character, but I also hate firestorm so eh.

Maybe this league!

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

You go CI or Low Life. There's like no way you can get enough life on a WI build for the endgame since you're spending so many points on int nodes that don't really give much else.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

I still have my alt art WI from Talisman race that I haven't claimed yet. Will it one day be worth a significant premium or probably not since it doesn't have a unique 3d model.

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

It won't take much of a buff for me to play some kind of Incinerator first. Even without I'll probably still do it.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

So I've just been experimenting with whatever classes and skills sound fun without concern for end-game, because of the upcoming expansion.

I've been playing a Witch and I don't "get" Orb of Storms. It seems to do absolute dick for damage. Am I missing something?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Sab669 posted:

So I've just been experimenting with whatever classes and skills sound fun without concern for end-game, because of the upcoming expansion.

I've been playing a Witch and I don't "get" Orb of Storms. It seems to do absolute dick for damage. Am I missing something?

Orb of storms is a force multiplier for your other lightning skills cast in the radius. It also shoots pretty frequently if you just need something to trigger elemental overload.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Sab669 posted:

It deals damage every time you use a lightning skill near it. It's also a super reliable way to proc Elemental Overload since each zap has its own chance to crit.
It's pretty much tailor made for lightning tendrils or shock nova, but is useful for busting down sturdy enemies as long as you have a reason to be close to them.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
It's a support skill. Whenever you cast one of your other lighting skills, it fires an arc. Thus it's listed dps is completely meaningless, and yes, lovely by itself.

EDIT: Well you got your answer dogpiled.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

You can also use it to prep Elemental Equilibrium (cast Orb of Storms, monsters get hit for lightning while you charge up Flameblast, everything burns to death)

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

bakka bakka posted:

It won't take much of a buff for me to play some kind of Incinerator first. Even without I'll probably still do it.

Incinerate elementalist with that new amulet looks pretty good.

Orb is also a great way for trappers/ancestral bond characters to proc elemental overload as traps and totems are not you. Spark + orb is good way to level.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Bugsy posted:

Incinerate elementalist with that new amulet looks pretty good.

Orb is also a great way for trappers/ancestral bond characters to proc elemental overload as traps and totems are not you. Spark + orb is good way to level.

gently caress using orb of storm on trappers tho, unless they nerf traps so that saboteurs can't clear any pack in less than 2 seconds from across the screen.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
So after some play testing I believe that jugg mjol discharge is funman viable. I rolled a fairly difficult Core to see how I'd do. I cleared it without dying at level 84. Bosses had turbo, the map had crit and frenzy charges and I was curse with ele weakness.

So yeah, the build is OK.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Is there a build I can start in a new league that moves fast (preferably using whirling blades, if it doesn't get nerfed), doesn't care about reflect (or cares very little, without needing poo poo like vinktar's flask), and doesn't use mana potions? First thing that comes to mind is trappers but I'm really unfamiliar with trap builds and the ones I've been eyeballing on the forums use mana potions and I don't like having to drink a potion to be able to press buttons.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

J posted:

Is there a build I can start in a new league that moves fast (preferably using whirling blades, if it doesn't get nerfed), doesn't care about reflect (or cares very little, without needing poo poo like vinktar's flask), and doesn't use mana potions? First thing that comes to mind is trappers but I'm really unfamiliar with trap builds and the ones I've been eyeballing on the forums use mana potions and I don't like having to drink a potion to be able to press buttons.

You can avoid mana pots by taking clarity and no other auras, along with a couple good mana passives. This will reduce your effectiveness against bosses by a significant amount, but you should still level faster than any other build you've tried. Unless you've been doing FOTM builds and getting good gear early.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Trap builds are very mana intensive. It takes lots of regen or something like zealot's oath + eldritch battery (which is its own giant pain in the rear end).

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Mana potions are nice though. Spammable affix! I put staunching or heat on them.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here
Elementalist, Crit, Three Dragons, Flame Surge, Herald of Thunder, Herald of Ice. Flame Surge can't ignite, but it can shock with three dragons, and freeze with Shaper of Desolation. Killing shocked and frozen enemies triggers the heralds, which can ignite for the flame surge bonus damage and fill in the gaps left by Flame surges wierd AOE. If I scale mostly through crit and elemental damage, I can work around the heralds not benefiting from spell damage. If this hot mess somehow works I'll call it Roundabout.

To be continued...

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

J posted:

Rf totems with Daresso's passion as a weapon.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Some updated map bosses:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVFclG3JKDk

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
holy gently caress the void effects look so drat cool

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
void MTXs PLEEAAAASSSSSSSSE

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Agreed

If you get him Twinned though you are fuuuuuuuuuuucked

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Phobophilia posted:

holy gently caress the void effects look so drat cool

Oh gently caress yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

gonadic io posted:

Actually I've been thinking about Chieftain/Gladiator scion, because getting 15% chance to ignite, 2% life regen (as long as you have a totem), 30% of block as spell block, and a bunch of block is comparable to what Guardian gives you in the first place. On the other hand I've never seen anybody say anything about such a combo at all

• Locked thread