Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Yeah, one thing I have noticed is that she doesn't seem to have the natural timing and inflection needed to really emphasis the inspirational parts of her message like Obama could

To put in terms you might identify with, Obama is Joe Montana, while Hillary is a pretty solid but not amazing QB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF
Watching that speech, seeing the alt-right shat on, seeing Donald scorned...

...Feels good, man.

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug
So when's Trump's response likely to come? Does he have any rallies or media appearances soon?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Crain posted:

here we go:

New page. posting again.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

BearDrivingTruck posted:

To put in terms you might identify with, Obama is Joe Montana, while Hillary is a pretty solid but not amazing QB.

Trent Dilfer has a ring, while Dan Marino does not.

Built 4 Cuban Linux
Jul 15, 2007

i own america
I know its bad form to talk about someone's tone, but I think she really sounded good with this speech (other than the scratchiness). She got a lot of poo poo for being a little shouty at the convention and I think she practiced her way out of that. The content was good too.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Hillary, our democratic generations Andy Dalton.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Trump is Tebow, which bodes VERY poorly for Mel.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I noted this in the other thread, but probably we aren't the most accurate audience for gauging the impact of this speech, so if you hear or see any reactions from non-internet and media types, please share them.

UV_Catastrophe posted:

So when's Trump's response likely to come? Does he have any rallies or media appearances soon?

This speech shook him so hard it actually came forward in time to torment him and he gave a prebuttal at a rally an hour before Hillary's speech began.

He said, I'm not racist and shame on her for saying I am. You are not racist for voting for me (you are)

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Is Hillary Clinton an elite candidate?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Built 4 Cuban Linux posted:

I know its bad form to talk about someone's tone, but I think she really sounded good with this speech (other than the scratchiness). She got a lot of poo poo for being a little shouty at the convention and I think she practiced her way out of that. The content was good too.

She's much better with a lower key tone and letting the content of the speech do the work. Not everything needs to be shouted enthusiastically.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

UV_Catastrophe posted:

the last time hillary gave a speech directly about trump, he didn't respond at all in the same day, not even a tweet

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

zoux posted:

I noted this in the other thread, but probably we aren't the most accurate audience for gauging the impact of this speech, so if you hear or see any reactions from non-internet and media types, please share them.

This speech shook him so hard it actually came forward in time to torment him and he gave a prebuttal at a rally an hour before Hillary's speech began.

He said, I'm not racist and shame on her for saying I am. You are not racist for voting for me (you are)

My coworkers, who just found out what a libtard was, were cheering.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

zoux posted:

Waiting on Freep to post their reactions, I'm sure it will be sane and measured :twisted:

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
So Hillary is Steve Young? Different toolkit but still gonna bring home the trophy?

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Trent Dilfer has a ring, while Dan Marino does not.

George W "Trent Dilfer" Bush

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

:yikes:

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Icon Of Sin posted:

Waiting on Freep to post their reactions, I'm sure it will be sane and measured :twisted:

see above

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Lol

US Foreign Policy
Jan 5, 2006

Things to liberate:
You
Your shit
Any copies of her speech available yet? I missed it live but would really like to watch it

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Can't watch the speech yet, but judging from this thread I guess it was :perfect:

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
they differ in various ways, but for some reason i'm only going to call out intelligence

surely this will get people on my side

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

We are not racist, we just think white culture is superior because of our inherent genetic intelligence

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF

Augus posted:

Can't watch the speech yet, but judging from this thread I guess it was :perfect:

It was almost flawless. It was the first time I've heard Hillary make a speech. Her detractors describe her as shrill, but what came to mind more than anything was a mellow brass instrument that was somewhat rusty. She has good delivery, although prolonged yelling wears her out.

The actual content of the speech was as much of a Trump curbstomp as you could possibly hope for.

B B
Dec 1, 2005

Where is this from? I tried Googling some of the phrases in there, but got other examinations of the alt-right movement.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
lmao "differ in average levels of intelligence" the alt-right is such human garbage this is the best they can do to spin their beliefs into something approaching palatable

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

RiotGearEpsilon posted:

It was almost flawless. It was the first time I've heard Hillary make a speech. Her detractors describe her as shrill, but what came to mind more than anything was a mellow brass instrument that was somewhat rusty. She has good delivery, although prolonged yelling wears her out.

Shrill = female and forceful

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Who's Brett Favre then?

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Now I feel like I need a black or latino friend who likes Star Wars, video games and Mountain Dew just to prove I'm not racist.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Oh by the way, Trump will be on AC 360 tonight if ya wanna see the meltdown.

Anderson was on Colbert last night, noted that Trump only does Fox now and then bing bong so simple, Trump's proving him wrong to his face. Owned Cooper.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

You just know that somewhere Trump is sitting alone in a darkened conference room staring at a screen where he was watching the speech and is just pouting like a child and I love it

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Munkeymon posted:

Who's Brett Favre then?

Fdr?

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

B B posted:

Where is this from? I tried Googling some of the phrases in there, but got other examinations of the alt-right movement.

American Renaissance, an alt-right group

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Is Joe Flacco Hillary Clinton elite?

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Is Hillary Clinton an elite candidate?

gently caress. Beaten.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Munkeymon posted:

Who's Brett Favre then?

Bill Clinton

just having fun out there, making it look natural and then oops he showed some lady his penis

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

zoux posted:

Oh by the way, Trump will be on AC 360 tonight if ya wanna see the meltdown.

Anderson was on Colbert last night, noted that Trump only does Fox now and then bing bong so simple, Trump's proving him wrong to his face. Owned Cooper.

unless trump cancels

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Bill Clinton

just having fun out there, making it look natural and then oops he showed some lady his penis

Nice. He was also basically injured out of the job so

also fits!

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

quote:

He added: "She lies and she smears and she paints decent Americans as racists. She bullies voters who only want a better future and tries to intimidate them out of voting for a change. Hillary Clinton isn't just attacking me, she's attacking all of the decent people of all backgrounds -- doesn't matter -- of all backgrounds who support this incredible, once in a lifetime movement."

Does he really think he's selling some product on QVC?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

unless trump cancels

No way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Does he really think he's selling some product on QVC?

http://money.cnn.com/2016/08/15/news/companies/trump-gold-card/

• Locked thread