Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
I'm getting Error (500) messages trying to access the Beer sheets. :(

e: They work fine for me now. Must have been a temporary thing.

SouthShoreSamurai fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Aug 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Felter Chesthard
Sep 11, 2001

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Submit the request whenever; the macro automatically culls out any request that's a repeat or more than 8 days away from the last update.

Nice. That's efficient as poo poo. Thanks!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Beersheets get updated tomorrow right? Just wondering if I should print them out now for my draft on Sunday or wait until tomorrow?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
In a 14 team league with 15 kick/punt return yards/1 point , when would be a reasonable time to think about drafting Tyler Lockett? Is the fourth round (pick 44) crazy?

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Aug 25, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

RCarr posted:

Beersheets get updated tomorrow right? Just wondering if I should print them out now for my draft on Sunday or wait until tomorrow?

Yeah I plan on doing an update tomorrow.

Felter Chesthard posted:

Nice. That's efficient as poo poo. Thanks!

The changes I've made over the last few years have dramatically improved my efficiency, which is good because I'm at 4231 requests right now.

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

Draft strategies for my full retard league?

12 team
Must start
1 QB
2 RB
3 WR
1 TE
1 Flex (WR/TE/RB)
1 D/ST
1 K

Scoring
1pt/20 pass yds
-1pt/incompletion
1pt/completion
6pts/passing TD
1pt/5 rushing yds
6pts/rushing TD
1pts/rushing attempt
1pt/10 receiving yds
6pts/receiving TD
1pt/reception

Draft like a standard league? Draft like a PPR league? Suggestions for prioritizing QBs (if any different than normal)?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Draft Rodgers

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Yah with pts/negative points for completions and incompletions, plus 6pt passing TD's, you are going to want a top QB that throws a lot of completions like Rodgers mentioned above or Brees at a slightly lower cost.

Edit: With points per rushing attempt and 1 point for 5 yards rushing, you might even go a high-volume RB like Gurley, AP, DJ or even Lamar Miller with one of your top picks. I haven't played in this format before but it seems to really inflate RB.

MrSargent fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Aug 25, 2016

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
2 QB league, I have the 3rd pick and there's always a run on quarterbacks in the first 2 rounds.

Do I take Luck or Wilson? I'm leaning Luck, but Wilson is highly ranked too.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

The X-man cometh posted:

2 QB league, I have the 3rd pick and there's always a run on quarterbacks in the first 2 rounds.

Do I take Luck or Wilson? I'm leaning Luck, but Wilson is highly ranked too.

For me this is a tossup. I think Luck has the higher ceiling as a fantasy QB, but Wilson has a really good floor with his ability to run. Take whoever you like more because it is really close in my opinion.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

MalleusDei posted:

Draft strategies for my full retard league?

12 team
Must start
1 QB
2 RB
3 WR
1 TE
1 Flex (WR/TE/RB)
1 D/ST
1 K

Scoring
1pt/20 pass yds
-1pt/incompletion
1pt/completion
6pts/passing TD
1pt/5 rushing yds
6pts/rushing TD
1pts/rushing attempt
1pt/10 receiving yds
6pts/receiving TD
1pt/reception

Draft like a standard league? Draft like a PPR league? Suggestions for prioritizing QBs (if any different than normal)?

High end RBs are worth much more than high end WRs and the gap between elite QBs and decent QBs will be more pronounced. What position are you drafting from?

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

Gobias Ind. posted:

High end RBs are worth much more than high end WRs and the gap between elite QBs and decent QBs will be more pronounced. What position are you drafting from?

Drafting 5th. Standard snake.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

MalleusDei posted:

Drafting 5th. Standard snake.

Hard to know how that draft plays out, but I think I'd take the best available RB at 5 (hopefully Gurley) and maybe target a QB with my 2nd or 3rd rounder depending on how things unfold.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'm drafting 2nd overall in a .5 ppr league and I'm strongly leaning toward drafting Gurley. Can someone explain to me why this is a bad idea? I don't see the value of Julio or OBJ being quite as high since RB isn't the group of stalwarts you usually see this year

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Because the unique/signature scoring feature in that league does not play into Gurley's strengths. I think you can argue for Gurley at 2 in standard leagues, but with any PPR I think you have to take Julio there.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Yah I would try to take a top RB there if you can.

Gurley, DJ, AP, Miller.

Edit: This was meant for the league with crazy rushing points.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Spiros posted:

I'm drafting 2nd overall in a .5 ppr league and I'm strongly leaning toward drafting Gurley. Can someone explain to me why this is a bad idea? I don't see the value of Julio or OBJ being quite as high since RB isn't the group of stalwarts you usually see this year

In PPR formats, Julio and OBJ will out score Gurley. You can likely pick up a solid RB1 in the 2nd round to pair with your top WR.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Beer do you make money off your sheets

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

Cheers guys, hopefully I can avoid drafting like an idiot.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

NickRoweFillea posted:

Beer do you make money off your sheets

We all make money off of his sheets

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Holy poo poo why didn't anybody tell me that Gase is getting Stills involved on regular mid and short routes and screen passes and poo poo.

Kenny Stills owns, if he gets consistent looks this year he could have startable upside.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Forever_Peace posted:

Holy poo poo why didn't anybody tell me that Gase is getting Stills involved on regular mid and short routes and screen passes and poo poo.

Kenny Stills owns, if he gets consistent looks this year he could have startable upside.

Because you are now the enemy

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Yah I really have to watch what advice I give to what poster. You guys are going down!

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Forever_Peace posted:

Because Caroo will ascend as the best wr on that team by week 10 :)

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Forever_Peace posted:

Why was he so bad last year? Like yeah he didn't get volume, but what he did get thrown, he didn't catch. I remember him being hyped as a super sure-handed deep threat (right?), coming off his like 66 75% catch rate 2014 with Brees. Was he used differently there than in Miami 2015?

sourdough fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Aug 26, 2016

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Preseason hot take: Jay Ajayi is not good.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

My hot take is that they still plan to feed the everloving poo poo out of Freeman

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
julio done for the pre-season?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Matt Ryan is a MESS!!!

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Benne posted:

Preseason hot take: Jay Ajayi is not good.

Just looks slow compared to everyone else on the field.

Texibus
May 18, 2008
Hey Beer, any chance I might be able to get a sheet run? Draft is Saturday. I tried using your automated sheet Monday and it doesn't seem to be taking, would really appreciate it. 12 Teams Auction: 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1Flex WR/RB .5PPR, auction dough is $200. The sheet should have been named Texibus.

If you can't it's cool, appreciate everything you do.

Texibus fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Aug 26, 2016

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Damnit, Hooper better not have a case of fumblitis too. Get your poo poo together falcons.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The Seahawks just killed Romo's back :rip:

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Benne posted:

The Seahawks just killed Romo's back :rip:

All aboard the Dak Bandwagon?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

https://twitter.com/dpbrugler/status/768993763142295553

yikes, apparently he is throwing on the sidelines but :stare:

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

ummmmmmm maybe is Zeke is actually really good.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
No you see, I tried deflating the Zeke hype balloon all summer so I would get a great value on him in the late first-early second round.

Check and mate. :smugdog:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I still think he's a second rounder but like... 13 or 14. Not ever gonna start my team with a rookie sorry.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Brad Evans already declaring victory on Twitter is great though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Spoeank posted:

Brad Evans already declaring victory on Twitter is great though.

Seriously, dude is reeeeally puffing his chest out.

• Locked thread