Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

This game... really is boring. More like Etenal Lullaby.

This is one of those "I couldn't make a more boring video game if I tried" scenarios. Did they patent the torture technique they must have used to ensure that Microsoft executives published this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
I remember this pirate ship being a pretty big difficulty spike for me.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

I remember this pirate ship being a pretty big difficulty spike for me.

The fact that you can remember anything about the plot or gameplay of eternal sonata impresses me.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.

ikanreed posted:

The fact that you can remember anything about the plot or gameplay of eternal sonata impresses me.

I remember the ending. It's honestly nothing I ever would have expected.

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

The ending it's revealed that it all takes place in Franz Liszt's dream instead of Chopin.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

http://igrat.co/lp/es-24-sample.mp3

Alternate filename: egg on my loving face.mp3

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.
The pirate ship is actually where I finally stopped because it was so loving tedious.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Kobold eBooks posted:

The pirate ship is actually where I finally stopped because it was so loving tedious.

Compared to Fort Fermata, the pirate ship is incredibly good.

This next video is just the entire rest of the pirate ship up until right before the boss (I think, I didn't watch ahead)

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
That's the biggest and also least interesting Pirate Ship I've ever seen in a game.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Judge Tesla posted:

That's the biggest and also least interesting Pirate Ship I've ever seen in a game.

Super Mario RPG had one about the same size, but way less dull.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Judge Tesla posted:

If it's any consolation we're coming up on the second best character in the game, after Salsa

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

The best video game characters are always the one who know the value of a good hat. Isn't that right Kaptin Bluddflagg?

Edit: I completely forgot there were any kind of challenges or such. I too may be King of Procrastination (also being asked to do something even vaguely creative in the arts makes me break down and cry uncontrollably) but I can tell you I will at least think about it.

Also I'm a fan of Hbomb :v:

Kibayasu fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Sep 1, 2016

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
<3 bonus content :3:

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.
POST MORE CONTENT ALL THE CONTENT ALL THE TIME

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.
Have we checked in on that girl who was dying lately?

Lockmat
Oct 2, 2005

Come on, let's go set some prostitutes on fire.
Grimey Drawer
I don't post a lot but that doesn't mean I'm not greatly enjoying this LP. Although I was ready to close youtube and walk away forverer when Hbomb said the third Pirates movie was great before explaining himself.

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

Thank you for continuing the LP, your banter's fun and I'm enjoying seeing what happens past the point I abandoned Eternal Sonata.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I'm glad the game felt the same way about the hat that you guys did.

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

What is that bear doing there?

This game is utterly awful, ridiculous, boring and the animations, proportions and anime stances (put your bloody arms down loving hell) put my teeth on edge.

You two playing it is wonderful and amusing. Please do continue.

E: Although Salsa with the hat did put a smile on my face. Might have been your enjoyment of it.

Teledahn fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Sep 3, 2016

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
Are you gonna be making more bonus content of Hbomb reacting to weird food?

Also, I had forgotten that the entire boat section was a flashback, and the reveal for that made me irrationally angry.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

This is a great LP, and I had forgot the same person doing neat skull smashing videos was the other voice.

Keep it up, it's a relaxing LP. 😀

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
Salmiak is Finnish or maybe Swedish to me.
Danish candy is Haribo.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Salmiak and anise is Finnish (like Fazer), Swedes kinda pride themselves on their gelatine traditions, so that's Haribo to me. When I think of Danish sweets, I think delicatessen goods. Flaky crusts, spoonfuls of cinnamon, caramelised sugar and glazing.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
Thanks for all the kind words guys!

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
When trying to come up with puns based on LOTR you really couldn't think of Grima Wormsong? (:p)

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.

Great Joe posted:

Salmiak and anise is Finnish (like Fazer), Swedes kinda pride themselves on their gelatine traditions, so that's Haribo to me. When I think of Danish sweets, I think delicatessen goods. Flaky crusts, spoonfuls of cinnamon, caramelised sugar and glazing.

For Sweden I first think of milk chocolate. And also the gelatine stuff. Honestly I can't really think of a candy I associate with Denmark, the Haribo thing is because the stuff we bought when little usually had Danish text before the Swedish on the package so it is a very loose association.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I've had to look up so many words on Wikipedia thanks to this LP. A salon in the context the educational slideshow probably meant was a "gathering of people under the roof of an inspiring host, held partly to amuse one another and partly to refine the taste and increase the knowledge of the participants through conversation."

So basically really snobby rich people talking to each other and pretending they're making each other smarter.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Okay, so I feel like I must have missed something, but what the gently caress ever happened to Allegretto? Like, he was with the rebels, and then after the graveyard dungeon they left to do...what? And then suddenly we were on the pirate ship.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Artix posted:

Okay, so I feel like I must have missed something, but what the gently caress ever happened to Allegretto? Like, he was with the rebels, and then after the graveyard dungeon they left to do...what? And then suddenly we were on the pirate ship.

The perspective shifted to the other group, who washed up in a different place after Tuba's Bridge Explosion. Allegretto and his crew are off somewhere doing god knows what after the very important "get some water for this inconsequential flower" quest.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Instant Grat posted:

The perspective shifted to the other group, who washed up in a different place after Tuba's Bridge Explosion. Allegretto and his crew are off somewhere doing god knows what after the very important "get some water for this inconsequential flower" quest.

The flower is a metaphor.

The flower represents the Polish Revolution.

And the water represents bullshit fetch quests with no thought put into them.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
Update delayed by a day while I cram for a certification exam. If you've got a hankerin' for more JRPG bullhonky in the meantime, I hear Artix and Fedule are having a gay old time in the Lightning Returns thread.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
YouTube processing will take a bit yo

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
Translating gratäng, (Swedish, from the French gratin,) is drat annoying. It is kind of a bake, but not really, and it is really annoying for a language nerd like me.
Wikipedia translates it as Gratin but most brits and I assume US and Aussie people don't even know the word.

...tangential rant over. Sorry.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Did you ever work out your Salsa woes? If you didn't work it out:

TAKE OFF HER SKULL AND BONES OUTFIT FOR GODS SAKE! Read the description - defense boost and STOP. That's why Salsa is freezing in battle

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

BioEnchanted posted:

TAKE OFF HER SKULL AND BONES OUTFIT FOR GODS SAKE! Read the description - defense boost and STOP. That's why Salsa is freezing in battle

Unfortunately I think this was recorded quite some time ago so you may be annoyed for some time.

Also whichever of you two haven't played the JRPG's you mentioned should definitely try to play them. Nier is practically the definition of a game that manages to be greater than the sum of its parts (outside the music, as mentioned) and while Valkyria Chronicles's characters and story are peak anime the gameplay itself is super-interesting, even if there are a few way to break it completely.

Nice ending by the way :v:

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

BioEnchanted posted:

I think we eventually figure it out. We were nearing the end of the third straight day of Eternal Sonata and we were not thinking straight.

Hbomb is the kind of person whose first instinct is "it must be something diegetic and story-related", while I was just not paying attention.

Kibayasu posted:

I'm glad you noticed ;)

Instant Grat fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Sep 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

Kibayasu posted:

Gonna second that.

• Locked thread