Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

7seven7
May 19, 2006

I barfed because you looked in my eyes!
Sorry for the delay in posting my build, but I got a seemingly unfixable bug that prevents any settlers/robots being assigned to new roles and stops any new settlers from being spawned. I mostly play Fallout 4 for the settlement building and it's totally killed my will to play. Anyway here's a huge album of my Nordhagen Beach build. It's a pretty secure compound with a house for me, reactor room, greenhouse/grow op, crafting area, and a house and weaponshop for the family to run. I felt pretty bad about paving over their crappy little shack, so I thought I'd better accommodate them.

I'm running about 200 mods at the moment, but the main ones in the build are Snap n Build, Functional Displays, Do It Yourshelf, and SSEX.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011
I don't actually have any mods that require it yet, but does F4SE at this point fix the good old memory allocation bug that's caused infinite loading screens since Oblivion? Because I'm getting that on what feels like every third loading screen right now and I remember that SKSE and its backports did something to alleviate the issue. Failing that, is there anything else I can do about it?

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/17644/

UGH another female armor edit-

Oh wait, no, it fixes things. Is this the Nexus I'm on?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/17665/

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

the goddang madman.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

:allears:

Please tell me the birds perch on your shoulder when not in combat.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Roobanguy posted:

the goddang madman.

I gotta wonder what this guy does in real life, hopefully something creative

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Came here to post this. It's marvelous.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
EDIT: Wrong FO4 thread.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
All the lore friendly clothing/armor from the previous two games posted in the thread is now in a pack together!

Hurray for efficiency.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
A good armor pack for a good dog :3:

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

I'm sure its been posted already but I just clicked on the link to the M79 in the op and got a file hidden with some wonderful commentary.
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/9976/

quote:

The reason given by the author is: This mod was merged into 'Tinas Cookiepocolypse' found here http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15842/

I do not feel like supporting or updating the old versions of my mod when there is a AIO that is perfectly fine and does not clutter your build menu and has a ton of custom assets etc.

Consider it my last contribution to the brave new world that is ungrateful, harassing and overbearingly incompetent on the game creators part. I have already begun working on a UE4 game. I am not the first to quit over this crap, and I won't be the last, gg bethaidsda, gg.
:allears:

EDIT- and someones already made a better looking grenade launcher anyways though it looks like I got to deal with a big explosives overhaul if I want it. http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/16404/

Man Whore fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Aug 25, 2016

sw0cb
Feb 18, 2007
I can't get FO4edit to recognize any of my plug-ins installed with MO. FO4edit is able to find the dlcs just fine, but not my mods. Do I have to manually add each plugin to plugins.txt?

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

sw0cb posted:

I can't get FO4edit to recognize any of my plug-ins installed with MO. FO4edit is able to find the dlcs just fine, but not my mods. Do I have to manually add each plugin to plugins.txt?
Run FO4Edit through MO.

sw0cb
Feb 18, 2007

Raygereio posted:

Run FO4Edit through MO.

FO4edit loads and exits immediately when I try this. Anyone have an idea as to what I'm doing wrong? Google is not being helpful.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

sw0cb posted:

FO4edit loads and exits immediately when I try this. Anyone have an idea as to what I'm doing wrong? Google is not being helpful.

I can't really solve your problem since I don't know a lot about MO but I do know that it uses a weird folder structure to store more rather than putting them all in Data like NMM or manual installs. So that's probably why FO4Edit can't find them.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

When modders talk about using xEdit if you want to remove an item from levelled lists, is that the same as FO4Edit? Or what should I be using to take custom weapons out of raider LLs?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

The Cheshire Cat posted:

putting them all in Data like NMM

NMM has functioned like MO since September of last year, actually. The switchover came at the cost of completely destroying a ton of people' s mod setups, for EVERY game that they had NMM manage, because finishing the update process forced uninstalls, redownloads, and reinstalls of every mod. :suicide:

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Man Whore posted:

EDIT- and someones already made a better looking grenade launcher anyways though it looks like I got to deal with a big explosives overhaul if I want it. http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/16404/

There's a standalone version with just the launcher. http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/16727/

That's what I went with since I doubt I'd use much of the overhaul stuff, even on my current Demolitions build. Plus I was really missing the grenade launchers from New Vegas and this is close enough I guess.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Delsaber posted:

There's a standalone version with just the launcher. http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/16727/

That's what I went with since I doubt I'd use much of the overhaul stuff, even on my current Demolitions build. Plus I was really missing the grenade launchers from New Vegas and this is close enough I guess.

Yeah the old one with in the Google document but I took that fucker down as soon as the one with the really neat grenade overhault showed up.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

I totally want my game to look like this

http://imgur.com/gallery/E1ypL

It's a shame that the Resurrection mod is gone from Nexus though.

There's other mods which add extra foliage/trees/etc but they just don't have that 'overgrown' feel to them cuz the buildings are all pristine. It's bizarre.

mpyro
Feb 9, 2003

'Cause I live and breathe this Fillydelphia freedom

khy posted:

I totally want my game to look like this

http://imgur.com/gallery/E1ypL

It's a shame that the Resurrection mod is gone from Nexus though.

There's other mods which add extra foliage/trees/etc but they just don't have that 'overgrown' feel to them cuz the buildings are all pristine. It's bizarre.

Enjoy https://mega.nz/#!3wFWDC7S!v3L0ZRa0v-icELcWvHXEJgshxooqe-9WTDXhQ3m7-lE

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Fwiw resurrection ran like poo poo

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Thanks for that. I assume though that it's no longer developed and thus might have issues as new patches come out and new DLC arrives? Or might have issues already?

It feels like when stuff's not on the Nexus it gets dropped and all development stops. I dislike that. There used to be so many sites and hell - some modders would just host their own mods on their own sites, like some of the classic stuff I got for modding Morrowind.

khy fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Aug 26, 2016

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

pmchem posted:

When modders talk about using xEdit if you want to remove an item from levelled lists, is that the same as FO4Edit? Or what should I be using to take custom weapons out of raider LLs?
Just use FO4Edit, load up the offending mod or your whole load order if you don't know which mod it is. Find and select the leveled list on the left (something like LL_Raider) then delete whatever you want in the right side. Close the app to save changed .esp's

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

Schubalts posted:

NMM has functioned like MO since September of last year, actually.

Not entirely accurate.

sw0cb posted:

What version of MO are you using?
Mod organizer releases
Make sure you're running it as admin as well.

mpyro
Feb 9, 2003

'Cause I live and breathe this Fillydelphia freedom

khy posted:

Thanks for that. I assume though that it's no longer developed and thus might have issues as new patches come out and new DLC arrives? Or might have issues already?

It feels like when stuff's not on the Nexus it gets dropped and all development stops. I dislike that. There used to be so many sites and hell - some modders would just host their own mods on their own sites, like some of the classic stuff I got for modding Morrowind.

It is I think the last version of the file. Don't see anymore development on it anymore.

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

My hands are all messed up so you better post, brother.

khy posted:

AFAIK work stopped on it when people found out the modder had stolen most/all of the assets

khy
Aug 15, 2005

8 Ball posted:

AFAIK work stopped on it when people found out the modder had stolen most/all of the assets

That seems a bit odd to me. If someone else has a mod that you want assets from, it's super easy to just send them a message saying "Hey, I saw XXXXX in your mod and it was really great, do you mind if I use it in this mod I'm developing? I'll be sure to credit you as the original creator" and 9 times out of 10 they're fine with it.

Unless the guy who made it was trying to pass off the entire thing as 100% his own work but considering how much effort and time must have gone into making the mod, credit for reusing assets here and there would be a fairly minor thing.

Hopefully someone else takes up the challenge to turn the game into a wilderness that's kept up-to-date. And in the meantime, I'll just continue along with that original mod for as long as I don't run into game-breaking issues.

khy fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Aug 26, 2016

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

khy posted:

Resurrection is still being maintained by its developer on a Russian website. The latest version is 1.5, which may be the last he releases since he was working on that version before it was deleted from Nexus.

http://modgames.net/load/fallout_4/globalnye/resurrection/425-1-0-21385

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Some more recreations of classic items from the previous games.

The Bumper Sword from New Vegas.

Raider Iconoclast armor from The Pitt DLC from Fallout 3.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

khy posted:

That seems a bit odd to me. If someone else has a mod that you want assets from, it's super easy to just send them a message saying "Hey, I saw XXXXX in your mod and it was really great, do you mind if I use it in this mod I'm developing? I'll be sure to credit you as the original creator" and 9 times out of 10 they're fine with it.

Unless the guy who made it was trying to pass off the entire thing as 100% his own work but considering how much effort and time must have gone into making the mod, credit for reusing assets here and there would be a fairly minor thing.

Hopefully someone else takes up the challenge to turn the game into a wilderness that's kept up-to-date. And in the meantime, I'll just continue along with that original mod for as long as I don't run into game-breaking issues.

Fish Fry Andy posted:

Resurrection is still being maintained by its developer on a Russian website. The latest version is 1.5, which may be the last he releases since he was working on that version before it was deleted from Nexus.

http://modgames.net/load/fallout_4/globalnye/resurrection/425-1-0-21385

The guy who made Resurrection was using a new account because he had already been banned previously for stealing mod assets on two separate occasions lol

he's a huge butt, please don't support him

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Babe Magnet posted:

The guy who made Resurrection was using a new account because he had already been banned previously for stealing mod assets on two separate occasions lol

he's a huge butt, please don't support him

The problem is the lack of choice for a thing like this. Near as I can tell, if you want a wasteland to feel like a wild expanse where nature is reclaiming everything, you've got two options.

ReGrowth, which adds trees and foliage and makes the wasteland come alive BUT doesn't alter buildings, which makes all the structures look strangely out of place.

Resurrection, which adds trees/foliage/etc. and edits the buildings to look overgrown and being slowly reclaimed by nature BUT is made by a huge butt.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Since modders don't really get paid for it it's hard to say whether downloading and using his mod is really "supporting" him. Just take it for free and comment calling him an rear end in a top hat, win win.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

The worst part of this game is playing many many hours just fine, then suddenly every quick load CTDs.

The manual saves still seem to be ok, but this happens all the time and its apparently random.

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

My hands are all messed up so you better post, brother.

khy posted:

The problem is the lack of choice for a thing like this. Near as I can tell, if you want a wasteland to feel like a wild expanse where nature is reclaiming everything, you've got two options.

ReGrowth, which adds trees and foliage and makes the wasteland come alive BUT doesn't alter buildings, which makes all the structures look strangely out of place.

Resurrection, which adds trees/foliage/etc. and edits the buildings to look overgrown and being slowly reclaimed by nature BUT is made by a huge butt.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

The Russian site says the Resurrection version on there (3.5 or whatever) no longer has moss on the buildings in preparation for the 'new version', not sure if that means hanging moss or the green mossy texture but yea

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I'm gonna be starting a new playthrough after the Nuka DLC drops with the mods in this list:

plugins.txt esp list:
http://pastebin.com/d27TsgZV

paste of names and versions from NMM:
http://pastebin.com/mgbjuR1f

Has anyone had a bad experience with any of those mods, or does someone see an ugly conflict? Really looking forward to trying Tales from the Commonwealth, NPCs Travel, Raider Overhaul, Manufacturing Extended, Full Dialogue Interface, True Storms, and VIS/DEF_UI. The rest are just gravy. Thanks!

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

pmchem posted:

I'm gonna be starting a new playthrough after the Nuka DLC drops with the mods in this list:

plugins.txt esp list:
http://pastebin.com/d27TsgZV

paste of names and versions from NMM:
http://pastebin.com/mgbjuR1f

Has anyone had a bad experience with any of those mods, or does someone see an ugly conflict? Really looking forward to trying Tales from the Commonwealth, NPCs Travel, Raider Overhaul, Manufacturing Extended, Full Dialogue Interface, True Storms, and VIS/DEF_UI. The rest are just gravy. Thanks!

Ummmm, As Nuka is a raider based thing, I'd imagine some of those mods will clash. try making a minimum load order, after getting Nuka, play it through, then decide what you need. plus, some mods might update after Nuka appears.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

staberind posted:

Ummmm, As Nuka is a raider based thing, I'd imagine some of those mods will clash. try making a minimum load order, after getting Nuka, play it through, then decide what you need. plus, some mods might update after Nuka appears.

oh yeah, of course. I was talking about clashes between the mods themselves, not between the mods and Nuka.

In other news, this is the most recent addition to the list -- a brand new mod called "Tidy Settlers":
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/17751/

you have to use bUseCombinedObjects=0 with it, so I'm unsure if I want to use this mod because that will result in a big FPS hit in certain areas. I think it's the only mod in my list that requires it. But it looks cool -- settlers removing trash and clutter from your settlements without a mod like 'scrap everything'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

2house2fly posted:

Since modders don't really get paid for it it's hard to say whether downloading and using his mod is really "supporting" him. Just take it for free and comment calling him an rear end in a top hat, win win.

Wellllll I put a donation button on my nexus pages and I've made like 800 bucks from it this year, so I dunno about that!