Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
This NFL channel bullshit is bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
In this industry, I guess you take whatever short stints in the sun you can get.

Couldn't find the rate my team thread with my very cursory scan so you guys get to trash my overcomplicated league's draft instead! 2 QB league 6 pt passing tds, .5 ppr, 2 RB, 2 wr, 1 the, 1 flex. Keeper league, my keepers were Todd Gurley and Keenan Allen.

QB1: Andy Dalton
QB2: Derrick Carr
WR1: Julio Jones
Wr2: Keenan Allen
RB1: Todd Gurley
RB2: Frank Gore
Flex: Julian Edelman
TE: Antonio Gates
Def: Rams
K: Catanzaro

Bench:
Ameer Abdullah
Theo Riddick
Matt Ryan
Devante Parker
Tajae Sharp

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Mikey Purp posted:

In this industry, I guess you take whatever short stints in the sun you can get.

Couldn't find the rate my team thread with my very cursory scan so you guys get to trash my overcomplicated league's draft instead! 2 QB league 6 pt passing tds, .5 ppr, 2 RB, 2 wr, 1 the, 1 flex. Keeper league, my keepers were Todd Gurley and Keenan Allen.

QB1: Andy Dalton
QB2: Derrick Carr
WR1: Julio Jones
Wr2: Keenan Allen
RB1: Todd Gurley
RB2: Frank Gore
Flex: Julian Edelman
TE: Antonio Gates
Def: Rams
K: Catanzaro

Bench:
Ameer Abdullah
Theo Riddick
Matt Ryan
Devante Parker
Tajae Sharp

Your qbs are going to lose you games.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
Man, I feel pretty good about my QBs. Rodgers and Cam were kept, Brees and Luck were the top 2 picks; so I feel like I did best with what I was given. The way the league is set up, no one is really starting two top 5 QBs, so my two solid midtier QBs seem like a pretty fair trade off for having a WR corps like I do.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
andey and Carr will be fine in a 2 QB league don't worry.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
BENNE YOUR BOY CMIKE

My article that's going up tomorrow says to get C-Mike.

I feel so dirty.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Spoeank posted:

BENNE YOUR BOY CMIKE

I feel so dirty.

As you should

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Christine Michael making me wonder if keeping Thomas Rawls is still a good idea (for a 15th round pick, so of course I will)

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
I still have faith in Thomas Rawls. He was drat good last year. Actually, Christine Michael being this good makes me feel more likely to invest in Rawls in the 3rd/4th now. Rawls by himself is risky but if you lock up Rawls/Michael, you'll be getting strong RB1 numbers all year no matter who starts.

Felter Chesthard
Sep 11, 2001

Texibus posted:

Hey Beer, any chance I might be able to get a sheet run? Draft is Saturday. I tried using your automated sheet Monday and it doesn't seem to be taking, would really appreciate it. 12 Teams Auction: 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1Flex WR/RB .5PPR, auction dough is $200. The sheet should have been named Texibus.

If you can't it's cool, appreciate everything you do.

Pretty sure new sheets go up tomorrow for drafts next week

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

MrSargent posted:

As you should

And Vance McDonald WHAT HAVE I BECOME

(it's an all-$0 auction team based on fantasypros numbers)

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Rawls is still silly-good so he can't be counted out of the starting job just yet. Draft-discounted, certainly. C-Mike has made a case for potentially being one of those handcuffs that can still provide flex value in a pinch.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Spoeank posted:

BENNE YOUR BOY CMIKE

I feel so dirty.

Is this how the Prodigal Son's father felt when he came home

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

Spoeank posted:

And Vance McDonald WHAT HAVE I BECOME

(it's an all-$0 auction team based on fantasypros numbers)
Vance McDonald is the tight end we deserve.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

NickRoweFillea posted:

Beer do you make money off your sheets

Nope.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Benne posted:

Is this how the Prodigal Son's father felt when he came home

Lebrons father was never home

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Texibus posted:

Hey Beer, any chance I might be able to get a sheet run? Draft is Saturday. I tried using your automated sheet Monday and it doesn't seem to be taking, would really appreciate it. 12 Teams Auction: 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1Flex WR/RB .5PPR, auction dough is $200. The sheet should have been named Texibus.

If you can't it's cool, appreciate everything you do.

What do you mean that it's not taking?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6tbimux6jw56160/2016-08-22%20%24200%20Auction.xlsx?dl=0

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Felter Chesthard posted:

Pretty sure new sheets go up tomorrow for drafts next week

I do every draft that's 8 days from the date of update, so any drafts this weekend would have been done Monday.

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Mikey Purp posted:

Man, I feel pretty good about my QBs. Rodgers and Cam were kept, Brees and Luck were the top 2 picks; so I feel like I did best with what I was given. The way the league is set up, no one is really starting two top 5 QBs, so my two solid midtier QBs seem like a pretty fair trade off for having a WR corps like I do.

I missed Ryan on the bench. I like him but boy did their offense look bad when it wasn't funneled through Julio.

I just drafted Julio(minutes before the ankle scare) and Dalton so I'm pretty much right there with you.

I have high hopes for Carr. Looked good last year. I'm just saying no one is elite and if any of them play like they have in the past you have the chance of getting 20 from your two starters.

But hey Luck and Rodgers* 2015. Am I right?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Matt Ryan sure looks like a guy who's hitting the career-decline wall earlier than expected.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Benne posted:

Matt Ryan sure looks like a guy who's hitting the career-decline wall earlier than expected.

This is a very nice way of sying he looks like poo poo. The deep ball to Julio on the DPI looked nice though.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Hope I'm allowed to ask this here - are there any goon leagues (money or otherwise) with any open slots left? Apparently my regular league just decided not to do it this year so I'm left without a team. I checked all (I think) of the league threads but most seem full and/or are the auction draft type - I'd ideally want to play in a snake one.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Ryan's play seems like it should make OBJ the locked in 1.02 just as Brown is the 1.01.

Texibus
May 18, 2008

Maybe I'm just retarded and didn't navigate the folders very well, thanks man!

Edit: holy poo poo Brown is worth half my budget?

Texibus fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Aug 26, 2016

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Was only sort of casually popping in and out of the preseason games last night, but some interesting things did stand out in Falcons/Dolphins.
- Tamme is still far ahead of Hooper, though Hooper did go 5 for 5/50. And a fumble.
- Foster looked slower than his usual self, but performed waaaay better than Ajayi this game. Ajayi looked like he wasn't sure where he wanted to go at times.
- Mohamed Sanu isn't looking as good as I hoped he would.
- Landry and Stills started every single 1st-team 2-wide set (Parker was the odd one out). Landry had moments of brilliance and the occasional odd choice.
- Freeman and Coleman played the same number of 1st-team snaps, but Freeman looked more versatile.
- Neither of the offensive lines looked good pass-blocking. Which is bizarre because the Dolphins are starting four right tackles.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Murphy Brownback posted:

Hope I'm allowed to ask this here - are there any goon leagues (money or otherwise) with any open slots left? Apparently my regular league just decided not to do it this year so I'm left without a team. I checked all (I think) of the league threads but most seem full and/or are the auction draft type - I'd ideally want to play in a snake one.

Cheating for Charity is cool and good.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I've got my two $100 leagues both drafting on Sunday. One at 1pm and one at 5pm. My only concern is how drunk I will be by the time the second draft rolls around. Either way, my body is ready. It's fantasy season boys!

Rolodex
Jan 7, 2006
I'm in a 12 man PPR league and this is the first year that we're doing keepers. I'm deciding between Brandon Marshall for a 5th round pick or Matt Jones for a 12th rounder. What are your thoughts?

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Rolodex posted:

I'm in a 12 man PPR league and this is the first year that we're doing keepers. I'm deciding between Brandon Marshall for a 5th round pick or Matt Jones for a 12th rounder. What are your thoughts?
Brandon Marshall, not even a question.

Rolodex
Jan 7, 2006

dy. posted:

Brandon Marshall, not even a question.

He is the way better player, and a steal in the 5th, but do you think there is any value of Jones for a 12th? He's expected to be the starting RB in WAS.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Rolodex posted:

He is the way better player, and a steal in the 5th, but do you think there is any value of Jones for a 12th? He's expected to be the starting RB in WAS.

There is value, it just doesn't compare to Marshall.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!
Drafting 12th in a 12 team full PPR big money league. I'm thinking Zero-RB is the way to go and have been mocking my tail off. Roster usually ends up something like

1st. AJ Green/Brandon Marshall
2nd. Allen Robinson/Keenan Allen
3rd Randall Cobb/Golden Tate
4th CJ Anderson
5th Duke Johnson/Murray/Bernard
6th Wilson/Luck
7th John Brown/E.Sanders
8th Antonio Gates

Obviously you have to take what the draft gives you and planning picks beforehand isn't wise, but 90% of the mocks I've done this is how my lineup has looked. I'm good with having 3 stud WR to start the draft and usually end up with a high end QB in the 6th. My only real concern is the negative feedback I've been hearing about CJ Anderson and Murray this week. I was happy to have either of those guys as RB1&2 but now I'm getting worried.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Prophecy120 posted:

Drafting 12th in a 12 team full PPR big money league. I'm thinking Zero-RB is the way to go and have been mocking my tail off. Roster usually ends up something like

4th CJ Anderson
6th Wilson/Luck
7th John Brown/E.Sanders
8th Antonio Gates

Obviously you have to take what the draft gives you and planning picks beforehand isn't wise, but 90% of the mocks I've done this is how my lineup has looked. I'm good with having 3 stud WR to start the draft and usually end up with a high end QB in the 6th. My only real concern is the negative feedback I've been hearing about CJ Anderson and Murray this week. I was happy to have either of those guys as RB1&2 but now I'm getting worried.

Save your 6th round pick and get another wr or te. Moncrief and djax might be there depending on league.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Papes posted:

Save your 6th round pick and get another wr or te. Moncrief and djax might be there depending on league.

I was about to say this. Don't take a QB that early.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Prophecy120 posted:

4th CJ Anderson
6th Wilson/Luck
7th John Brown/E.Sanders
8th Antonio Gates

Which Murray?

Not that it matters a whole lot, because both are OK if not solid RB2s.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

How many WRs are you starting that you need Cobb and Tate as 5 and 6?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Forever_Peace posted:

How many WRs are you starting that you need Cobb and Tate as 5 and 6?

Cobb or Tate would be his 3rd WR. It's tough to have 5 or 6 WR's by the 3rd round.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!
Ah, yeah should have specified, Demarco is usually around in the 5th and who I have been targeting for RB2.

The league format is 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2Flex DST K and 10 bench spots. I figure with 1PPR I'd be starting 4 WR.

Edit: I guess my question is, with 2 flex spots and 1PPR are you ok with CJ Anderson, Demarco Murray or Gio Bernard being your RB1&2 if you go zero-RB and WR heavy drafting.

Prophecy120 fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Aug 26, 2016

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Regarding draft strategy, how do you drink during the draft? For my two longest draft (14 team auction and 12 team deep keeper) I tend to go for a bomber follow by cans. I tend to stick towards lighter beers since it's August. I feel this is a pretty typical draft strategy. And on the whole it's a good system, leaving me willing to make a few risky plays as the draft goes on while still being fairly coherent by the end. This year I'm starting with a 7.5 and dropping to a 5.2. How do you mix it up? I feel like a heavier beer might balls it up a bit. Does anyone do cocktails? Is it worth bringing a high alcohol beer and sharing around to try and get a leg up, sobriety wise?

On a related note, we have one member drafting pregnant, is that enough of a disability given that she even be buzzed by the end of a long rear end auction? Should some other penalty apply?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Rolodex posted:

Yeah, that's a good value for either player. The difference is that Brandon Marshall is a much better player. Your choice is between a great player for a good value or a mediocre player for a very good value.

Don't overthink it. Keep the guy that's better.

• Locked thread