Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
i play mario

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
I play no mans sky
Evereeee day

I play no mans sky

I play no mans sky
Evereeeee day

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

https://youtu.be/Kl_0T66kUvc

Winterfist
Jan 1, 2006

So I took a butcher knife and held it up to her neck. I said, "You better start fryin' them eggs a little better'n you're fryin' 'em, I'm tired of
More like Gonad's Sky.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

i kept expecting something to happen

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

"gibbus ownus" lol

NVJ
Apr 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Zorodius posted:

what, you gonna buy every new piece of trash that comes along?

*slams Appetite for Destruction into cassette player, fires up Wolf 3D*
they aint even from the same decade rear end in a top hat

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
oh, i always thought it was 'no man's guy'

chippy
Aug 16, 2006

OK I DON'T GET IT
e: wrong thread

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Escobarbarian posted:

oh, i always thought it was 'no man's guy'

'scuse me while I kiss this guy

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Quote-Unquote posted:

'scuse me while I kiss this guy
There's a bathroom on the right

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
No this man's poo poo sky gently caress no this man's ship sky gently caress no piss and poo poo sky gently caress no piss and poo poo sky suck

100 Emoji

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Otacon posted:

i kept expecting something to happen

sounds like you got the full No Man's Sky experience.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

CrashCat posted:

There's a bathroom on the right

gently caress you homophobe I can kiss my man in public if I want

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Quote-Unquote posted:

gently caress you homophobe I can kiss my man in public if I want
I mean, if you need to take it a step further. gosh. :ohdear:

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

Poetic Justice posted:

The Witcher 3 is one of those games that comes out like every 10 years that just blows away everything else around it, and although I didn't mind it I wish the gameplay was a little bit better though

Kaedric posted:

Yes, it shows how magical the game is that it is Literally The Best Game even with its gameplay flaws.

Doesn't this just mean it's more of an interactive movie? I only got halfway through 1 & 2, because it felt like just running back and forth between cut-scenes. I just kept thinking that I could watch 20 movies in the same amount of time. At least with Skyrim or Fallout 4 I would encounter a bunch of enemies that I could "gameplay" to death. It just feels weird having my hand off my keyboard for more than a few minutes. Is 3 going to win me over?

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

PeePot posted:

Doesn't this just mean it's more of an interactive movie? I only got halfway through 1 & 2, because it felt like just running back and forth between cut-scenes. I just kept thinking that I could watch 20 movies in the same amount of time. At least with Skyrim or Fallout 4 I would encounter a bunch of enemies that I could "gameplay" to death. It just feels weird having my hand off my keyboard for more than a few minutes. Is 3 going to win me over?

its a great game with a great story if you think cliche-ridden generic fantasy is great

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

PeePot posted:

If you didn't like The Witcher 2 you're not gonna like The Witcher 3.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Whenever people describe a game as "chill" it's almost always just a synonym for "boring+nothing to do". Even leading up the only selling point seemed to be "the universe is really huge" but all I ever heard about what you actually do is "it's just going to be chill man". Like minecraft - the world is really big, but it's all more or less the same everywhere so "exploring" is very repetitive...but at least there was stuff to do besides that.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Murphy Brownback posted:

Whenever people describe a game as "chill" it's almost always just a synonym for "boring+nothing to do". Even leading up the only selling point seemed to be "the universe is really huge" but all I ever heard about what you actually do is "it's just going to be chill man". Like minecraft - the world is really big, but it's all more or less the same everywhere so "exploring" is very repetitive...but at least there was stuff to do besides that.
Yeah, Minecraft is a better chill game, turn on Peaceful mode and you can build lava penises or dig through caves or do whatever the gently caress you want and the only thing that can gently caress you up is getting lost or a long fall, both of which you could fix with mods

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Games are for engagement, you don't chill with a game. If you want chill smoke some drug and put on music.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Murphy Brownback posted:

this is very accurate. "Chill" games tend to have the same entertainment capacity as a lava lamp.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Murphy Brownback posted:

dont compare NMS to minecraft, there is lots to do in minecraft

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Minecraft took four years to add anything beyond making goofy circuits.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Philthy posted:

No man's sky doesn't even have that though

Get a lunchbox and fill it with stuff, watch the old windows star field simulator for two minutes, take some stuff out of the lunchbox and put some monopoly money in your pocket and you have done literally everything there is to do in nms.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Philthy posted:

except even before circuits there was still fun stuff to do, I must have explored a dumb cave for hours just laying down torches and trying to figure out where the end of it was, and eventually getting down to diamonds and lava

If I did that in NMS today I would just get stuck in a cave at about the same height level throughout, find nothing new further in and eventually get bored and grenade my way out the top

That is pretty much the ongoing theme with this game, everything it could do right it just falls short, never mind the poo poo that dumbasses thought it would do and didn't

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Thanks i needed a good nap

Bill Dungsroman
Nov 24, 2006

Applewhite posted:

Witcher 3 sounds good but actually instead of that I'm gonna buy The Last Train and that one Adventure game about the kid who's trapped in an evil facility (just as soon as I can remember the name).

Inside. It's pretty good with the obligatory occasional twitchy parts you get in 2D sidescrolling platformers.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I like how "oversaturated colors used without a rhyme or reason" is lauded as a bold and beautiful artistic choice.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

No this man's poo poo sky gently caress no this man's ship sky gently caress no piss and poo poo sky gently caress no piss and poo poo sky suck

100 Emoji

Lovey Banh has arrived

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Murphy Brownback posted:

sounds like something someone who's never played euro truck simulator 2 would say

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Neurolimal posted:

sounds like something someone who's never played euro truck simulator 2 would say

I have about 90 hours logged on farm simulator 15. It's only "chill" if you aren't making good use of your time.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

PeePot posted:

There is plenty of gameplay, exploration and combat along with the cutscenes. I haven't played it in awhile and there have been tons of patches so it might be fixed but I found the combat at times to be frustrating sometimes because you couldn't interrupt the animations and it also queued the buttons too, or something, I'm not really sure, I just found it to not be as satisfying as it could have been. It's like they were going for a Dark Souls combat experience and missed the mark, but it's still perfectly fine though.

satanic splash-back posted:

its a great game with a great story if you think cliche-ridden generic fantasy is great

I would say it's the exact opposite and turns cliches on their heads all the time, that's why so many people enjoyed it

somethingawful bf fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Aug 26, 2016

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

mdm posted:

Lovey Banh has arrived

I was banned from the sadbrain thread

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Murphy Brownback posted:

I have about 90 hours logged on farm simulator 15. It's only "chill" if you aren't making good use of your time.

ETS2 is less a german occupation sim and more a "laying in the backseat of a car at night in the rain with the radio playing" simulator

it earned cult success for a v. good raisin

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I still think ETS2 is just an excuse for people to listen to music, because they are not conditioned to just lay back without something to occupy their hands and eyes.

wane tendo
Mar 19, 2005

Buglord
i'm steam buds with the millennial failson next door and last night when i was playing M.E i saw his thing pop up and he was playing Star Citizen lmao

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

You should download Space Engine instead. It's a much better universe stimulation without any pretense of "gameplay" or "engagement". Also it's free.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Neurolimal posted:

ets2 is at least superior to nms because you can buy visible bling for your truck

stupid nms even if you grind out a cool ship stat wise you just gotta hope you luck into something you like the look of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

notZaar posted:

Games are for engagement, you don't chill with a game. If you want chill smoke some drug and put on music.

this actually the correct way to play no man's sky

• Locked thread