Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem

S.J. posted:

No, that's pretty accurate. It's difficult to challenge the PCs with regular bad guys so you need a swarm of them which takes forever, or you use tougher guys which turn the fights really swingy and can still take forever because of how hard they can be to kill since they're very similar or identical to PC characters.

I feel like it might've been easier to design encounters for a smaller team of players. But I have five players, one with a 'jack, so oh well! Guess I need to throw tons of dudes at them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

AnElegantPeacock posted:

That depends, are you a member of the Internet hive mind or are you a strong independent woman that don't need no man? If you're the former go buy Khador, if you're not a complete mouth breather, go get some undead pirates.

I'll have you know that Khador is totally underpowered and can never win, as evidenced by the fact that the following list has never won any games for me

http://conflictchamber.com/#b31bbW7u7u8d7L7L7L8c888N

Khador Army - 75 / 75 points

(Vladimir 3) Vladimir Tzepesci, Great Prince of Umbrey [+27]
- Spriggan [19]
- Spriggan [19]
Kossite Woodsmen (max) [11]
Kossite Woodsmen (min) [7]
Man-O-War Bombardiers (min) [10]
Doom Reaver Swordsmen [13]
Bloody Bradigan [3]

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

HJE-Cobra posted:

I feel like it might've been easier to design encounters for a smaller team of players. But I have five players, one with a 'jack, so oh well! Guess I need to throw tons of dudes at them

Having a warjack just annihilates any sense of balance when it comes to encounter building, I was in the same boat for a while. Especially when you've got super high DEF characters, super high ARM characters, super long range characters, super utility characters, and a jack all on the same drat team.

TheInvisiblePooka
Dec 18, 2012

S.J. posted:

Having a warjack just annihilates any sense of balance when it comes to encounter building, I was in the same boat for a while. Especially when you've got super high DEF characters, super high ARM characters, super long range characters, super utility characters, and a jack all on the same drat team.

Near the end of when I was running IKRPG, I would just follow the Dynasty Warriors logic of "throw scrub troops at party with one badass general in the back".

It's how the party took down Deathjack in their first session.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Thankfully I'm a player right now but when I was a DM all I did was write down HP, Def and ARM. Everything else I improv'd and encouraged my players to not just stand and shoot or stab each other.

Throw a barrel, Matlock some TnT together from chewing gum and left over black powder, use the bad guy's bodyguard like a toboggan and make a grand entrance at his fancy dinner party.

Bring a jack or a beast? Smash everything!

I think that even though the IKRPG has a lot of crunchy rules, the sooner you only use them as a frame work for your story on the DM side, the better your experiences will be.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.
I still can't beat one of my friends Cryx and I play OP Cygnar casters (and Kraye)

fnordcircle
Jul 7, 2004

PTUI
IKRPG is a great system for teaching me I'm not cut out for running RPGs that use mini combat.

I loving hated it. Combat took forever and even my 'insurmountable odds I'm sure they'll run from this' encounters ended up getting beaten by loving Warlocks and people who know how to play warmahordes better than me.

Warlocks are so dumb.

Also, anyone want to buy my IKRPG books?

Bmac32
Nov 25, 2012

HJE-Cobra posted:

What I recommend for IKRPG encounters is to throw opponents at your players in waves. That way if its dragging too long or you get a spike of dice rolls and it goes south fast for the players you can adjust things. It's a really funky system to balance encounters for.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

AnElegantPeacock posted:

That depends, are you a member of the Internet hive mind or are you a strong independent woman that don't need no man? If you're the former go buy Khador, if you're not a complete mouth breather, go get some undead pirates.
Don't actually get the Revenants if you go Cryx, though.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
So I impulse purchased a Mangler. Still need to magnetise my Heavy chassis. In the meantime, how would that list fare?
War Room Army

Mercenary - Damiano's crew

Theme: No Theme Selected
15 / 15 Army

Captain Damiano - WJ: +28
- Mangler - PC: 15 (Battlegroup Points Used: 15)
- Nomad - PC: 11 (Battlegroup Points Used: 11)

Sergeant Nicolas Verendrye - PC: 4
Harlan Versh, Illuminated One - PC: 4

Steelhead Halberdiers - Leader & 5 Grunts: 7

---

GENERATED : 08/25/2016 14:38:24
BUILD ID : 2023.16-07-31

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp

Iceclaw posted:

So I impulse purchased a Mangler. Still need to magnetise my Heavy chassis. In the meantime, how would that list fare?
War Room Army

Mercenary - Damiano's crew

Theme: No Theme Selected
15 / 15 Army

Captain Damiano - WJ: +28
- Mangler - PC: 15 (Battlegroup Points Used: 15)
- Nomad - PC: 11 (Battlegroup Points Used: 11)

Sergeant Nicolas Verendrye - PC: 4
Harlan Versh, Illuminated One - PC: 4

Steelhead Halberdiers - Leader & 5 Grunts: 7

---

GENERATED : 08/25/2016 14:38:24
BUILD ID : 2023.16-07-31

I'd probably drop Versh for a full unit of Halberdiers, but Deadeye on him is not bad. I'd probably look to another dedicated sniper like Kell or Alten Ashley or something like a unit like Croe's/Boomhowlers once you expand. A warjack like a Mule is a great choice as well.

He'd required some shuffling of points of Savio Acosta is really good with a buff like Sure Foot. It makes him obnoxious to hit, he can get his Vengeance ability from the Steelheads, and will really mess up whatever he hits on Feat Turn. I've gotten good work with him under Damiano.

Damiano is a fun caster and expands really well. He does prefer bigger point games just so can use all of his toolbox with stuff like his coins, buffs, feat, Road to War, etc. But what you got is a great start and should play well. Epic Magnus has the same Warjack points and would be another caster who would do well with that army if you want to change it up a bit. Calamity makes Steelhead Halberdiers pretty nasty on the charge.

Let me know if you want anything more specific advise wise!

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Well, I got a few mercs for my Kahdor, including the Nyss Hunters, A&H and Eyriss1 among others. I thought of Kell too, but he's 5 points, not 4, sadly. A full stack of Halbs was also considered, but wouldn't it leave me without any shooting?
Thanks for your advices!

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Iceclaw posted:

Well, I got a few mercs for my Kahdor, including the Nyss Hunters, A&H and Eyriss1 among others. I thought of Kell too, but he's 5 points, not 4, sadly. A full stack of Halbs was also considered, but wouldn't it leave me without any shooting?
Thanks for your advices!

Kell is 100% worth it. That extra point is absolutely fine considering you get a potential second attack and magic weapon on a goddamn deadly shot sniper rifle. Take kell. He can dish two 3dmg shots that ignores tough and chooses column anywhere at Rat 10 if you aim. Literally his only downside is no pathfinder. If all you need is something to scalpel out cortexes or reliably oneround solos or finish off wounded Troll/Butcher casters then Kell is the realest deal there is. Take kell.

I'm being very hyperbolic, obviously you should pick models that work with your list, but kell is a very good choice and you should proxy him a few games and see how you do with him.

Side note - didn't realize Harlan is faction for Cygnar now. That's a bit scary.

wearing a lampshade fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Aug 25, 2016

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Thing is, I can't remove anything, because both jacks all I own for mercs, and removing Old Nick would be pretty crippling for the Steelheads.

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp

Iceclaw posted:

Thanks for your advices!

Well at low point games, I don't think the lack of shooting is too bad as I'd rather have the full unit of Halberdiers to be honest. Even with a buff like Sure Foot up, Halberdiers tend to rely on numbers more than anything. That said, I've not really played that many games at that point level. What you have is a solid list and I would play a game or two and switch it up as needed.

Nyss Hunters and A&H are also great additions and should do you really well with Damiano. The Nyss love buffs like Sure Foot and their weapon master swords will absolutely shred anything under Damiano's feat. I'd try a minimum unit of them out as well (since a full unit would put you at 19 points in this list).

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
Having taken a break RIGHT before mk3 dropped, I'm getting back in with a friend that's far away and I was wondering if anyone here knows if the Vassal module is up to date with the new models, so I can try out the new battle boxes and stuff.

Also, anyone in the east side of Kansas City wanting to meet up to play, I'm trying to get some interest at my flgs so I don't have to drive for 45+ minutes just to play. It also gives an excuse to apply to be a PG again.

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007

Elblanco posted:

Having taken a break RIGHT before mk3 dropped, I'm getting back in with a friend that's far away and I was wondering if anyone here knows if the Vassal module is up to date with the new models, so I can try out the new battle boxes and stuff.

Also, anyone in the east side of Kansas City wanting to meet up to play, I'm trying to get some interest at my flgs so I don't have to drive for 45+ minutes just to play. It also gives an excuse to apply to be a PG again.

some? I play around with it in solitaire games and some models just aren't in but you can put base size and a label so whatever works.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Did some editing to my vlad list, decided I may as well put elims in since deep down I know it's the right choice. So here's what I've got right now.

(Vladimir 2) Vladimir Tzepesci, The Dark Champion [+27]
- Ruin [17]
- Marauder [10]
Kayazy Eliminators [5]
Man-O-War Shocktroopers (max) [16]
- Man-o-War Shocktrooper Officer [4]
Winter Guard Rifle Corps (max) [13]
- Winter Guard Rocketeer (3) [6]
Manhunter [4]
Man-O-War Drakhun [9]
Man-O-War Drakhun [9]
Man-O-War Kovnik [5]
Kovnik Jozef Grigorovich [4]

Marauder and manhunter, or rager and war dog? Assail gives combo smite more distance which is nice, and he's a big brick of cheap arm 20 34 boxes.

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Aug 26, 2016

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

I play Vassal games pretty often, a few times a week at least.

Add me on steam or whatever Alpha Phoenix, same avatar.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

So according to my FLGS some models I ordered, a bunch of khador stuff, are completely out of stock from their distributors and they said this happens a lot with Privateer Press. Is this something that is common or did PP under produce for Mk3? Anyone have an idea how long it takes PP to get more models made?

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

CampingCarl posted:

So according to my FLGS some models I ordered, a bunch of khador stuff, are completely out of stock from their distributors and they said this happens a lot with Privateer Press. Is this something that is common or did PP under produce for Mk3? Anyone have an idea how long it takes PP to get more models made?

This is hearsay so don't take it as gospel but I heard that PP did not do a reprint of their full range before MK3. I have heard many conspiracy theories about why they didnt do a reprint but they're all very "PP is turning into GW!" and not worth repeating.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
So if a guy were to want to get into this game, are the current starters decent? I've heard good things locally, but SA is a lot harsher on stuff so honest criticism is appreciated. Thinking Khador or Mercs thematically, unless there's a GW-style situation where one or the other is Just Bad.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Current starters are cool and good. However, there's no starter box for Mercs, alas, though there are official lists for them, you just have to purchase them separatly and lose over the good deal a starter offers. Khador are cool and good, and definitely got great changes in the recently released MK3.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Liquid Communism posted:

So if a guy were to want to get into this game, are the current starters decent? I've heard good things locally, but SA is a lot harsher on stuff so honest criticism is appreciated. Thinking Khador or Mercs thematically, unless there's a GW-style situation where one or the other is Just Bad.

Khador is absolutely the best place to start this game (in my opinion). It's a well-rounded army with lots of neat tricks and a deep roster of Good poo poo. Also they are the coolest!!

Also buy this guy http://privateerpress.com/warmachine/gallery/khador/solos/man-o-war-drakhun

Amateur Sketch
Feb 23, 2008

a kaleidoscopic supernova
of all your hopes and dreams

chutche2 posted:

Did some editing to my vlad list, decided I may as well put elims in since deep down I know it's the right choice. So here's what I've got right now.

(Vladimir 2) Vladimir Tzepesci, The Dark Champion [+27]
- Ruin [17]
- Marauder [10]
Kayazy Eliminators [5]
Man-O-War Shocktroopers (max) [16]
- Man-o-War Shocktrooper Officer [4]
Winter Guard Rifle Corps (max) [13]
- Winter Guard Rocketeer (3) [6]
Manhunter [4]
Man-O-War Drakhun [9]
Man-O-War Drakhun [9]
Man-O-War Kovnik [5]
Kovnik Jozef Grigorovich [4]

Marauder and manhunter, or rager and war dog? Assail gives combo smite more distance which is nice, and he's a big brick of cheap arm 20 34 boxes.

Depends on how much your opponent can threaten Vlad. Shield guard is pretty useful, and the Rager is arm 20 while its shield arm is intact, with only a few less boxes. Guard Dog means you don't have to switch upkeeps to avoid free strikes, and def 17 in melee is great.

Also I've never had a manhunter survive very long, so there's that too.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*

AnElegantPeacock posted:

This is hearsay so don't take it as gospel but I heard that PP did not do a reprint of their full range before MK3. I have heard many conspiracy theories about why they didnt do a reprint but they're all very "PP is turning into GW!" and not worth repeating.

I can only speak for the UK but the issue seems to be the importers can't get the new cards to go with their current stock of models. When my LGS made an order they were told some items were unavailable but when they stipulated they were happy to receive the models without the mk3 cards the order was supplied

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Pp didn't do a full reprint because they still have 20,000 boxes of unsold kossite woodsmen, press gangers, and arcantrik force generators on the shelves

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

gannyGrabber posted:

Pp didn't do a full reprint because they still have 20,000 boxes of unsold kossite woodsmen, press gangers, and arcantrik force generators on the shelves

Two of those things were baller as gently caress in mark 2, so you confuse me.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

AnElegantPeacock posted:

There's that and also Mk3 is doing pretty well, so it's increased demand and decreased supply

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

CampingCarl posted:

Khador heavy jack kits are completely out of stock according to our local game store.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Amateur Sketch posted:

Depends on how much your opponent can threaten Vlad. Shield guard is pretty useful, and the Rager is arm 20 while its shield arm is intact, with only a few less boxes. Guard Dog means you don't have to switch upkeeps to avoid free strikes, and def 17 in melee is great.

Also I've never had a manhunter survive very long, so there's that too.

I'd agree with this, though marauder with assail is fun. Plus that power up focus is pretty much only gonna be used to boost to hit.

I've been tempted to give the yuri + manhunter module a go. With all the terrain we've been playing with, treewalker seems really good (and also screams "wormwood drop")

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

albany academy posted:

Khador heavy jack kits are completely out of stock according to our local game store.

Yeah, I just bought my second battlebox for those delicious heavies, instead. 2 for 40 bux as opposed to 1 for 35? Uh yuuuup! Basically all together 130 bux got me a black ivan, 2 juggs, a marauder and a decimator. I'll prolly rip the decimator's arms off at some point, though.

albany academy posted:

I'd agree with this, though marauder with assail is fun. Plus that power up focus is pretty much only gonna be used to boost to hit.

I've been tempted to give the yuri + manhunter module a go. With all the terrain we've been playing with, treewalker seems really good (and also screams "wormwood drop")

A lot of the tourney lists i see online pack the manhunters and yuri, but i'd still argue in favor of thinks like drakhuns, eliminators, and IFP (regular).

Marauder with vlad2 would be fun as hell. Maybe I'll drop drago for a game and see how it pans out...

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

gannyGrabber posted:

Yeah, I just bought my second battlebox for those delicious heavies, instead. 2 for 40 bux as opposed to 1 for 35? Uh yuuuup! Basically all together 130 bux got me a black ivan, 2 juggs, a marauder and a decimator. I'll prolly rip the decimator's arms off at some point, though.

Does the battlebox have the addtl arms tho? Like I really only need marauders and jugs. Destroyers/decimators don't seem worth it to me.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

albany academy posted:

Does the battlebox have the addtl arms tho? Like I really only need marauders and jugs. Destroyers/decimators don't seem worth it to me.

It doesn't have the extra arms, sadly. I had the extra marauder arms from my first heavy kit.

Basically in your case it would be battlebox + heavy kit = 2juggs1rauder

E: you could make a decent argument for marahalling a destroyer/black ivan to a man o war kovnik, but that's really it.

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp
It's Team Tournament Time!

Well, we had another DFW Team Tournament event and raffle with the proceeds going to the WTC team. It was a big turnout with 6 teams of 5 showing up. Lots of players, good prizes, and some really wild matches.

Last year, my team of collective idiots were lovingly named "North Korea, Best Korea" and came in last. But it worked out with one of the tournament's sponsors promising us our own beer mugs with the faction symbols etched on for coming in last. Another win for the Juche idealogy!

This year, we decided to look inward for our team's inspiration. Also, we had a friend who worked at a print shop so, my dear thread, please enjoy my team's t-shirts.

Truly the most sinister of all the Nightmare Empire's agents.

We all felt kind of weird wearing this rear end in a top hat on a shirt being that we are all more or less liberals. We got a few strange looks on the lunch break. I also got yelled at by an honest-to-god Trump fan when I said I'd never vote for this idiot, but that's just Texas for you. The rest of the tournament thought it was funny though.

Time for the matches!
Game 1: Retribution with the Incursion scenario

The first match I got paired against a Helynna list with Double Sentinels with Soulless escorts, 2 Phoenixes and Discordia, and three Arcanists. They were fantastically painted by James Russel who is just a great opponent as well. I decided to drop my Durgen list in hopes of blowing all those infantry models up, despite being worried about Deceleration and Iron Zeal.

We both ran up on the first turn. His jacks ran up the board, while his Sentinels moved up cautionsly behind him. My Cutthroats with Primed moved into a forest for cover, ready to jump on the left flag. The Earthbreaker and his gun bunny screen moved up centrally with Durgen and friends. Herne and Jonne along with Aiyana and Holt moved towards the right flag.

My opponent started by running his jacks up to keep the Cutthroats in place as the Phoenix's reach meant I could not move up, shoot and reposition easily. The Sentinels hung back a bit, popping Iron Zeal in anticipation of Durgen dropping bombs on them. They were right.

It being turn 2, I feated with Durgen and promptly blew up everything. The Gun Bunnies just don't care about Iron Zeal and dropped the right side Sentinels down to 4 soldiers after the Powerful Sprays and subsequent fire rolls. Durgen got a reload and dropped two Incendiary shots down on the left most, dropping them down to 6 guys after all was said and done. Couples Group A&H and H&J dropped some Sentinels and an Arcanist and moved onto the right flag. The Earthbreaker shot up one of the Phoenixes but little else. I completely forgot to activate my Croe's as I getting worried about time during Durgen's feat. I was a bit rusty in game 1 of the day and it would cost me very soon.

Vengeance is a brutal ability with Weapon Masters and the Sentinels gave back well. The remaining right side moved up and two swings later, all but disabled one of my Bunnies (head+cortex out). The left side moved up and killed a couple of Croe's boys from reach range to avoid the explosions. The Phoenix moved in and combusted onto 6 Cutthroats. 6 of Rhupert's inspired dance moves later, all 6 were fine albeit knocked down. I've not made tough checks like that in ages! The right side Sentinels activated and killed a Gun Bunny I had screening Durgen when I suddenly realized my error. Without activating and moving my Cutthroats out to screen Durgen, I had left a charge lane open and the Phoenix was suddenly unengaged. One Hand of Destruction arced onto Durgen later, the shot up Phoenix (now fine from Helynna's Failsafe-like feat) charged and killed me. Still, the little Pyro took all the initials and one bought sword attack to die from a Concentrated Power'ed Phoenix. Tough lil' madman.

I was generally worried about double Sentinel as my other list, Bartolo's armor spam, would not do well into all those weaponmasters. Still, that's two games against them in which Durgen just blows everything up and sets fire to them all to good effect. If I'd just remember those silly cutthroats!

Game 2: Circle Oroborus with the Extraction Scenario.

Welp. I was deemed the sacrifice to the Warmachine Gods. I was going to play Bret Fogel of the WTC team with his Wurmwood list. Now, Bret is a local player and while very competitive and skilled, is very nice and easy to play against. He explained every thing to me and even gave me a few things to watch out for as we set up. Since his entire army was going to either behind a tree or an actual tree, I dropped Bartolo as Durgen would not have anything to shoot at (also Stranglehold terrifies Colossals). I figured with the high armor, Bart's feat, and Boomhowler being able to deny casting, I would make a fighting go at this. I was wrong.

He had, from memory so apologies, a Feral and a Pureblood, Megalith, two units of Sentry Stones, 2 Shifting Stones, Swamp Shamblers as well as Bone Grinders, Lanyssa Ryssal, Hutchchuk, and a Bloodweaver Night Witch round things out.

I bricked up with Batten and moved up the board.

It wasn't until I saw the list in action did I realize how much trouble I was in. The Sentry Stones moved up, scattered their Mannikins about and dropped some forest templates. The Shamblers moved off to the right but two of the little buggers moved towards the center. The beasts and Wurmwood moved up centrally, only to have Cassius warp out and kill the shamblers to turn them into forests, as well as cast another forest template. Suddenly, everything was behind a forest, and I would have nothing to shoot at. Not going to lie, it was impressive. The Bone Grinders began a creepy, blood sacrifice event in the back with half of them stabbing the others for free souls to the tree. Very thematic.

I moved up and feated, dropping Hotshot since the Mule had nothing to target. The Commodore resigned itself to useless, maybe hoping it could beat a couple of Shamblers to death with hand weapons (they wouldn't). I hoped that my feat would buy me a central position, along with Batten, giving me time to maybe counter charge or at least trade back. Boomhowler and Co. took pot shots at the Mannikins to decent effect and I think a Rover took out another one for what it was worth.

Now, Bartolo's feat is pretty great. It can buy you a free turn where everything that charges at you get knocked down and you can set for counter charges and get a free round of shooting. It works wonders. You know who does not care about it? Teleporting Werewolfs don't care about it at all. He scooted his shamblers around the edge of the feat while running a few of them towards my Warjacks to get knocked down. Because Hellmouth.

fuckhellmouth.jpg
The jacks got shoved over and into range of the shifting stones. The Tree handed out the Pureblood's animus, Blessed, so that Batten did not matter at all. A handful of Fury later, two dead Warjacks. Megalith, being Steady, also came up and helped in the beatdown.

The Mannikins fired into Boomhowler to with good results but tough checks are always handy. The rest of the army just shuffled up.

Now, I saws the writing on the wall but hey, you got to try. The Rovers put on their big boy pants and charged in with as much focus as I could spare. I was promptly reminded of why Def 14 Warbeasts are terrible/great. Even with three initials and some boosts, I still missed more than I hit and anemic damage rolls were the final blow. Boomhowler and friends charged in, killing one sentry stone, a handful of mannikins and missing attacks against the Feral.

Sadly, that was that. The Feral and Pureblood ripped the Rovers apart thanks to stuff like Curse of Shadows and Hutchuk's Rust bomb. The Shamblers were firmly on the right flag. The Mannikins sprayed down a bunch of Boomhowlers and the Bloodwitch charged in, killing more and planting herself on left flag.

I called it at that point. I declared that if Rhupert, who was useless just due to Circle not caring about Concealment etc, could charge and kill the Bloodwitch, I would be the true winner. Rhupert charged...and actually hit and killed her. Ha! Still, I lost despite the last second moral victory. Wish I had the foresight to snap a pic, but oh well.

Man, Wormwood is brutal! Everything is blocked by forests, plenty of souls on demand from things like Shamblers and Bone Grinders, and the Wolves just have great answers for all sorts of things. He was able to just pounce on me (or rather teleport) exactly when he wanted to and I had so little options to deal with him coming up the board. The entire game I kept thinking how I could beat this with my Mercs. Bret suggested something like Ossrum and Gun Bunny spam, and I could not help but think something like Kingmakers and just drown it in bodies/ambush to pull it apart as it wanted to brick up. Still, it was fun to play against a high level opponent and high level list! That what tournaments are all about really.

The final game was against Khador with the Old Witch. Sadly, I did not get any pictures of the game mostly due to being tired. It ended with a bit anticlimactically cause the Earthbreaker just knocked the Old Witch down with a torpedo and riddled her with bullets. Also, Gun Bunnies give literally no shits about Iron Fleshed Winter Guard.

It was a fun tournament all in all. We raised something like 500 dollars for the WTC team, and we even won a few raffle prizes. One of us won a Primal Rulebook signed by the Privateer Press guys and my buddy won a framed picture of Rahn, which he immediately put in his classroom as Uncle Ronnie of Ios. I won a plastic bag filled with pins and some iron-on patches which I think is just a journeyman league kit but they will look nice on my nerd bag so victory. It was a fun day of games and it was nice to see everyone back in the mix for MK3.

And now to never wear this shirt again and switch into my Skorne for a bit!

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Yes PP stuff is getting increasingly hard to find. Some stuff is nearly impossible to locate, even from the biggest distributors and their most distant warehouses. There has been no mention of a major restock, though they are seemingly updating retailers with what is currently being printed. Right now they are working on their battleboxes, as the MK3 ones were very popular and they must have elected to do a reprint of those before older items.

I know they are aware of the problems, as other retailers are commenting on the shortage in private retailer groups I use. It just takes time to make everything with the other stuff they have going on.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

ShowTime posted:

Yes PP stuff is getting increasingly hard to find. Some stuff is nearly impossible to locate, even from the biggest distributors and their most distant warehouses. There has been no mention of a major restock, though they are seemingly updating retailers with what is currently being printed. Right now they are working on their battleboxes, as the MK3 ones were very popular and they must have elected to do a reprint of those before older items.

I know they are aware of the problems, as other retailers are commenting on the shortage in private retailer groups I use. It just takes time to make everything with the other stuff they have going on.

This isn't entirely true. Alliance is having tons of issues, yes, but ACD is starting to get restocks of some high demand models. My ret stuff that my store had on backorder has started to be filled.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

albany academy posted:

For me it was Rifle Corp, Pikemen, and kovnik solos. I thought it was interesting that my FLGS basically said to go buy them on ebay because it happens with PP so often.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Khisanth Magus posted:

This isn't entirely true. Alliance is having tons of issues, yes, but ACD is starting to get restocks of some high demand models. My ret stuff that my store had on backorder has started to be filled.

ACD had a lot of things, just tucked into obscure warehouses. I know because i ended up buying them out of Lynnsas, Wrong Eye & Snapjaws and something else, just to have for my store and, admittedly, to ship to Amazon. I haven't seen them restock anything, just that people are now ordering from their smaller warehouses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Khisanth Magus posted:

Alliance is also only slightly less of the devil than Diamond so