Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.
Oh poo poo, nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.

Dren posted:

If her turrets recharged faster she could set up a nice no Genji, no tracer zone in any backline

GOOD

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

So if a enemy team in quick play decides to just all be Zarya and a Lucio there's actually nothing you can do but accept defeat huh.

Just got forced into a match like that on the PS4 and it was just Graviton Surge spam while they wigged the hell out with their guns. If you killed one they'd all just come back a second later

Bastion doesn't give a poo poo about Zarya's barriers and though it seems counterintuitive neither does Reaper, really. I mean you'd probably want to meet cheese with cheese, but in a matchup between 5 Zarya/Lucio and 5 Reaper/Lucio, I'd actually put my money on Team Edgelord.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
5 Zarya/Lucio exists mostly as a counter to 5 D. Va/Lucio which is the counter to basically every other team comp in the game.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
It's so weird that everyone else in the game can be used in multiple instances but people are generally fine with Symmetra being bad because "her ults good"

I mean I can't think of a single character that is bad at getting kills on people not paying attention.

In fact everyone good at getting kills, EXCELS at getting kills on people paying no attention.

I think she can be good at multiple things like other characters.

Like Zarya shields teammates in a more beneficial way.
Her shield can stop single hit high damage ults from killing teammates.
Her ult can hold a team from an objective or open the floodgates to a team kill.
Her gun is like symmetras in that it charges up, but not after 3 seconds but from careful defensive and supportive planning.

The ideas they had for symmetra were good but there's rarely a time she isn't entirely trumped by someone else.

SectumSempra fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Aug 26, 2016

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Imagine a world where brown girl has a spell that isn't Give Someone 25 Health, Individually Too

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Shotgun ninja: Hello. I have a spell that makes me invulnerable, and I have passive life steal. My ultimate does infinite damage to everyone, everywhere.

Brown girl: Interesting; I can give you 25 health, but I must click on you and I must reapply it each time you die. My ultimate is a teleporter from Team Fortress 2, but it has charges.

Ahhpple
Dec 18, 2011

Imagine if Symmetra was the next character to be released. How would Blizzard manage to get people hype about her awesome and cool abilities? Nobody would be excited for her.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Like this is all symmetra is good at

Was the sit so strong that her moveset suffered?
Was this her buff?

SectumSempra fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Aug 26, 2016

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Bruh.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Ahhpple posted:

Imagine if Symmetra was the next character to be released. How would Blizzard manage to get people hype about her awesome and cool abilities? Nobody would be excited for her.

They'd probably just have a bunch of hacking clues i guess.

I hope they at least just show a picture of sombra soon.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Ahhpple posted:

Gun man: I have a self heal and autoaim mode. My gun is good
Gun man II: I have an AoE stun and autoaim mode. My gun is good too

Brown girl: I have The Small Turret Thats Really Bad and my gun is boring

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

strong bird posted:

Gun man: I have a self heal and autoaim mode. My gun is good
Gun man II: I have an AoE stun and autoaim mode. My gun is good too

Brown girl: I have
code:
Small Turret

1 HP

Her gun is cool though, I wish it were on an attacking character. That'd be a cool thing.

Ahhpple
Dec 18, 2011

Did you like casting kings on every member of your raid in vanilla wow? Well now you can do that again, in an fps!

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Symmetra desperately needs an overhaul from the ground up with most or all of her attacks and abilities changed and I'm not sure Blizzard is willing to do that.

klockwerk
Jun 30, 2007

dsch
I've theorized part of the solution might involve allowing her to freely place up to 3 turrets anytime with no cooldown. This would give her a lot more mobility and freedom to quickly seal of parts of the map from pesky flankers, though it would still take time to create a true deathtrap as the cooldown on turret placement would still occur when placing over 3 turrets.

This might enable her to be somewhat offensively viable, in that she could seal off key health pack rooms near chokepoints to aid her team and prevent flankers from eating them up. She could then possibly place a teleporter when playing offensively, as she could actually set up protection for it given a few seconds to place the turrets.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Whatever Symmetra's change is, it should come in the form of increasing her skill ceiling. Buffing turrets is the opposite direction they should be going with her.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I think they'd have to change the way the turrets or her gun works for that

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Countblanc posted:

Whatever Symmetra's change is, it should come in the form of increasing her skill ceiling. Buffing turrets is the opposite direction they should be going with her.

Raising the skill ceiling further than "press E five times" isn't exactly a high bar to hurdle. Put another way, raising a skill ceiling only matters when a character has the toolkit to make it worthwhile in the first place.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Symmetra is easily salvageable unless of course Blizzard insists on turrets being poo poo. Actually she could still be saved with higher dps/better survivability. Oh wait she's support she can't kill dudes that's not her job she's working as intended thanks for your concern.

Area denial is a legitimate thing but turrets need to be a serious threat for it to work. Mei's wall is interesting, you could make it permanent if the maps didn't have such annoying chokes. It'd even justify her terrible dps.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Aug 26, 2016

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah right now there's nowhere they can go with her skillwise. Her primary is auto-hit (which is fine and good, it's handy to have heroes that rely less on twitch skill) but her secondary is so slow to charge and move that it's really only useful for plinking people who don't notice it or firing through rein shields or choke points. And everyone already knows the issues the turrets and shields have, let alone the fact she basically has nothing to really justify her being a support character instead of a defense character.

I half wonder if Blizzard would have more leeway in messing with her if she had a "real" ult instead of the teleporter. It incredibly changes the flow of the game when you can successfully make use of it, and not necessarily in a good way considering how obsessed Blizzard is with getting exact distances from spawn points to engagement zones.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Give her an alternate-alternate-fire. Hold M2 and click M1 to.. shotgun-ish blast based on charge time? short-lived field of some kind?

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Let her hit Q again to instantly port to her tele. Uses a charge.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

The only thing wrong with Symmetra is that her primary needs an extra 5-10m of range, otherwise she and her turrets are perfectly fine, I don't know what you're all on about.

Sure, it'd be nice if she had a 'real' ult, but it's not like the teleporter is completely useless.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Replace her weapon with the shock rifle from Unreal Tournament, complete with the shock combo imo

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Turrets will never be a legitimate threat because there's no loving way to balance it. If they're a threat at the high end then they'll be unstoppable for mid tier people. If they're a threat at the mid tier, they'll still be loving useless at the high end.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Can't wait for those Genji nerfs and Comp to come back so this game will be worth playing again.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Symmetra and her turrets can take small stuff on their own, for tougher stuff like the tanks, she's great in tandem with her dirty boy, Junkrat. The two of them can even stop all but the most well coordinated and comped team pushes on their own in chokepoints, turrets + trap + mine + grenades, and then the chainsaw for anything that survives.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
I still think her M2 should fire at high velocity and then slow down. Also she should be able to teleport from sentry turret to sentry turret

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

NTRabbit posted:

Symmetra and her turrets can take small stuff on their own, for tougher stuff like the tanks, she's great in tandem with her dirty boy, Junkrat. The two of them can even stop all but the most well coordinated and comped team pushes on their own in chokepoints, turrets + trap + mine + grenades, and then the chainsaw for anything that survives.

I am not even remotely in the pro echelons of play but I can't recall the last time that I played a game where I was seriously stymied by either a Junkrat or a Symmetra. Junkrat at least has the virtue of being able to kill people at a distance rather than having to rely on extremely ponderous orbs or a weapon that puts a non-mobile 200 hp character within easy headshooting range.

Possibly one of the saddest things in Overwatch is playing Symmetra, crafting an immaculate chokepoint of death, and then watching as the enemy team simply says "yeah okay gently caress that" and Lucio boosts straight past all that nonsense, right next to "someone picks Winston, gets the Minesweeper achievement."

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo
Make her turrets deploy instantly and hit multiple targets at once.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Significantly reduced cooldown on turrets for symmetra and she'd be a lot more powerful. Turrets die constantly to any competent team and having to wait for your 6 turrets to recharge makes her feel completely useless. If she can put up a turret nest right after another is destroyed (like Torbjörn can put up a turret every few seconds) she'd be a lot better

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Her gun sucks. That's it.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Zikan posted:

Replace her weapon with the shock rifle from Unreal Tournament, complete with the shock combo imo

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

I'd rather go back to Bastion POTGs then ever see a Mercy POTG again.

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Kerrrrrrr posted:

i like his Sparrow skin cause it's got his cute cheeky smirking without the dumb green hair. i don't like the sword on it though.

nomad and bedouin are good.

Yeah I got his summer Nihon skin but I think I want Bedouin. I never play ninja sword man but I already have jailbird and koreaVa so...

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Zikan posted:

Replace her weapon with the shocker

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Disgusting Coward posted:

"If played badly"

Like, if a Soldier 76 or Reinhardt kinda sucks, at least they're there with you, providing the enemy one more target and throwing out damage. If a Reaper sucks, he's off wandering around trying for THE PERFECT FLANK and providing no utility whatsoever, or firing his shotguns from a mile out and doing 0 damage. sorry youre bad at reading lol

Nah. I've seen soldiers wandering around flanks dropping health pods when safe and doing incredibly dumb poo poo. Or hanging back behind hanjo firing full auto. Your premise is flawed. Reaper, while an annoying edgelord, is probably one of the best balanced and overall useful heros.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

The best part about Reaper is you can suck complete loving rear end at aiming and be good with him because 90% of being a good Reaper is positioning. He's my go to Offensive character if for some bizarre rear end reason Tanks and Supports get instalocked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Man I had like 3 hours of games on Quickplay that were so good I just wasn't going to leave until the last dude who was fun also left. Since there really isn't a great way to prefer someone in ps4 other than voting for their cards, well, hope that works.

---

Symmetra's alt fire should just teleport someone to some random part of the map when it hits.

Bolow posted:

The best part about Reaper is you can suck complete loving rear end at aiming and be good with him because 90% of being a good Reaper is positioning. He's my go to Offensive character if for some bizarre rear end reason Tanks and Supports get instalocked

He's the only offensive character who I can consistently get more eliminations than I'd get playing D.va or Lucio with.

Rick fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Aug 26, 2016