Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

SilverSupernova posted:

Dirk appeared in Star Lord's book for a minor cameo, and when Black Panther married Storm, one of the gifts they received was addressed from him.

Also I love that Ewing is rapidly making John Garrett more and more into Dirk Anger with each issue of New Avengers.

He was pretty much that in Elektra Assassians

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

HIJK posted:

Bendis chooses the Destroy ending, condemning the Marvel universe to the return of the synthetic threat in the future

bendis would choose synthesis, because it's the ending up it's own rear end the most

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I'm waiting for Galactus to show up and be like didn't i just tell you idiots like 5 issues ago to not be messing with time what are you doing

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
Out of curiosity, what's Aikku yelling in New Avengers #15, as she emerges from the armor? I'm not even 100% on what language that is.

Remembered about 30 seconds later that Google Translate has a "detect language" feature now. It's Norwegian: "I could not save her."

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Waffleman_/status/768888091272683520

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Is he asking when Benedict became hotter than Strange? When Strange became hotter than Gwen? Is he comparing Gwen Poole to Benedict?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I was just doing a meme about how it feels weird that Doc Strange is so hot in Gwenpool when he's being played by loving Benny C this year.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Waffleman_ posted:

I was just doing a meme [...]
If you ever start a sentence this way, you should reconsider some of your decisions.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Let's move on with another question: When did MODOK get a mohawk?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

The better question is why hasn't MODOK had a mohawk before this?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

MODHAWK

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Mental Organism Designed for Having A Wicked Kut

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So, I always imagined that Hellcat was like early 20s based on how she acts and stuff, but based on this issue, she's way older. I realized then that she's probably a Kimmy Schmit kind of deal, being older but acts way younger due to her experiences.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

twistedmentat posted:

So, I always imagined that Hellcat was like early 20s based on how she acts and stuff, but based on this issue, she's way older. I realized then that she's probably a Kimmy Schmit kind of deal, being older but acts way younger due to her experiences.

She died and went to hell and got a new young body when she came back.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Rhyno posted:

She died and went to hell and got a new young body when she came back.

Females are strong as hell.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

twistedmentat posted:

Females are strong as hell.

Pretty much the same thing happened to Frank Castle.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Rhyno posted:

Pretty much the same thing happened to Frank Castle.

Frank Castle is definitely the reverend. He even had the beard and ran around with a kidnapped female devotee for a while.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah but he messed up that body and became a frankenstein for a while

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SynthOrange posted:

But then he got an even younger and healthier body!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

So far in his fight against crime Frank has been black, an angel and a Frankenstein. :allears:

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Anyone else read the Mosaic prelude? It's free, and it's amazing. I'm totally picking up Mosaic when it goes to series. Link here. I really, really like Mosaic.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

SynthOrange posted:

Stop spoiling Season 3.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
I tried to explain Franklin Richards to someone tonight and in doing so realized I know pretty much nothing about this character beyond "he's the son of reed and sue and he's like a god or something".

Can someone help out so that I can be more useful next time this question comes up?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

That's like asking about Cable's backstory, man.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Lurdiak posted:

That's like asking about Cable's backstory, man.

Are there at least any good comics I need to read to get the general idea of his character so that I at least sort of sound like I know what he's talking about?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Xinder posted:

I tried to explain Franklin Richards to someone tonight and in doing so realized I know pretty much nothing about this character beyond "he's the son of reed and sue and he's like a god or something".

Can someone help out so that I can be more useful next time this question comes up?

He was once replaced by his own future teenage self for a few years.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Xinder posted:

Are there at least any good comics I need to read to get the general idea of his character so that I at least sort of sound like I know what he's talking about?

All I can say is there's a reason Hickman, a guy who loves convoluted webs of storytelling, really didn't delve into that character's backstory other than bringing back his powers and destiny as a future godling.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Rhyno posted:

He was once replaced by his own future teenage self for a few years.

Lurdiak posted:

All I can say is there's a reason Hickman, a guy who loves convoluted webs of storytelling, really didn't delve into that character's backstory other than bringing back his powers and destiny as a future godling.

Nevermind I think this information is all I need. Thank you for your help in uncovering that there are some rabbit holes that I shouldn't look down for fear of falling to my death.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Xinder posted:

Nevermind I think this information is all I need. Thank you for your help in uncovering that there are some rabbit holes that I shouldn't look down for fear of falling to my death.

He also has a future son with Rachel Summers who came back in time and messed some poo poo up.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

you're reading comics. Its too late.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franklin_Richards

Rhyno posted:

He also has a future son with Rachel Summers who came back in time and messed some poo poo up.

That was an alternate future Franklin who also came back through time as a ghost (lol)

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Franklin Richards is one of the most powerful mutants on Earth with the ability to alter reality, but it's too OP a power so they usually find some reason to give him to not alter reality, and he's really good friends with and occasionally is Galactus. Also in an alternate reality he dated Rachel Summers, who in that reality was the daughter of Cyclops and the living embodiment of the Phoenix Force, so that was a bit of a power couple but for whatever reason he was garbage and got killed in that reality. But that was his basic teenage template and for a while someone writing Fantastic Four was like "it's the 90s, kids suck!" so he became a teenager. I have no idea how this ended but eventually he ended up being a kid again, and, joke on all the 80s and 90s writers who were constantly finding ways to remove the Richards' children--they now had more kids than ever (technically only two but they basically have like a 20 person day care going on). He's rebooted reality, a couple times, but other than that he's just a normal kid.

Rick fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Aug 26, 2016

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh yeah he used to be a part of the Power Pack when that was still a thing.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Rick posted:

Franklin Richards is one of the most powerful mutants on Earth with the ability to alter reality, but it's too OP a power so they usually find some reason to give him to not alter reality, and he's really good friends with and occasionally is Galactus. Also in an alternate reality he dated Rachel Summers, who in that reality was the daughter of Cyclops and the living embodiment of the Phoenix Force, so that was a bit of a power couple but for whatever reason he was garbage and got killed in that reality. But that was his basic teenage template and for a while someone writing Fantastic Four was like "it's the 90s, kids suck!" so he became a teenager. I have no idea how this ended but eventually he ended up being a kid again, and, joke on all the 80s and 90s writers who were constantly finding ways to remove the Richards' children--they now had more kids than ever (technically only two but they basically have like a 20 person day care going on. He's rebooted reality, a couple times, but other than that he's just a normal kid.

So does he ever grow up or are they just going to keep him a god-kid forever with occasional glimpses of a future version of him hanging out with his bff Galactus?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

He's slowly grown up. He used to be a toddler in the 80s. (lol)

Also his future self visited for awhile to mentor himself.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
god i love comics

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
He ages super slowly or at least he looks middle aged at year 50000 or whatever it was in avengers

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Xinder posted:

god i love comics

What's wrong with you?

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

site posted:

He ages super slowly or at least he looks middle aged at year 50000 or whatever it was in avengers

Wait that's an actual established thing about his character? I thought they were just using weird comic book liquid time where the world gets progressively more modern but nobody ever gets any older except when sometimes they do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Xinder posted:

god i love comics

quote:

Franklin’s little sister may be even more messed up than he is.

Although less well known, Franklin does indeed have a young sibling named Valeria. Valeria appeared to be stillborn, but of course instead Franklin had sent the baby to an alternate dimension to be raised by another Sue Storm who had married a heroic version of Dr. Doom. When Abraxas attacked, Franklin summoned her, they resurrected Galactus, and then Franklin regressed his little sister into a fetus and put her back in his mother’s stomach to be born again.

• Locked thread