Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Was Vegito a Kaioshin during his short existence? did becoming a coffee candy ball have any negative impact to Beerus?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Beerus doesn't talk about his cotton candy phase

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Vegito becomes a Kaioshin and Toriyama reveals he just stole the DBM storyline that time they visited him.

I don't want Vegito to be a Kaioshin because I swear there's some sort of rule that they have to be incompetent and weak

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

making someone a kai seems like a pretty good way to make them irrelevant and useless

gohan or piccolo would be suited for the job tho

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Manatee Cannon posted:

making someone a kai seems like a pretty good way to make them irrelevant and useless

There's still hope for Piccolo though

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

when's the last time piccolo won a fight

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Manatee Cannon posted:

when's the last time piccolo won a fight

He beat up the Saibamen.

Then Raditz.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Piccolo could act as a mentor to the younger dudes, so that's not entirely useless.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

That implies people remember they exist.

Super doesn't, outside of Trunks bizarre love story subplot.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

He beat up the Saibamen.

Then Raditz.

Didn't he trash Gero?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

He beat up the Saibamen.

Then Raditz.

he fought 17 pretty evenly and ended up losing due to 17's infinite energy/cell intervention

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

He pretty much wiped the floor with Frost until Frost pulled his cheating bullshit.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

so what you're saying is, he lost. he wouldn't even be in that tournament if gohan wasn't such a nerd. dude was the backup's backup

for real tho, 17 was the last time piccolo was relevant in a fight and he never wins anything anyway so idk where people would get the idea that he's ever gonna be a relevant fighter again

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

No, that's Yamcha. Piccolo had his victory stolen, but he clearly outmatched Frost. He's not "Goku's Rival" levels of power anymore, but he's still keeping up with the second string.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Piccolo also defeated Dr.Gero effortlessly.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I feel like outside of the saiyan characters, Piccolo catching up to Goku and Vegeta would be more believable than anyone else

he just needs some powerup excuse and he's good

but they won't do it

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

If the writers really wanted someone to become relevant again it would take as little as bullshitting an excuse for humans/Namekians to have God Ki. They don't so they won't.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Yeah, I mean we've already established that God Ki is kind of on its own orthogonal ruleset to regular Ki, so it really wouldn't take that much doing to justify anyone, from Piccolo to Gohan to Yamcha, figuring it out.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

they won't tho

or if they do, they'll still lose to whoever because c'mon

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ImpAtom posted:

If the writers really wanted someone to become relevant again it would take as little as bullshitting an excuse for humans/Namekians to have God Ki. They don't so they won't.

Yeah, frankly the number of legendary transformations that Sayjins get is absurd already. SSJ was supposed to be universe breaking once in a million years thing. What is it about sayjin DNA that has anything to do with God ki?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

It'd take nothing but the dumbest of excuses for Piccolo to get God Ki. Just have him (or someone of higher hierarchy) point out that he was God once, and therefore has some knowledge of divinity, bam, easy God Ki.

Even moreso since Dende can sense the drat thing, but Piccolo can't, despite having the previous God inside him.

But that'd mean a non-pure Saiyan/higher-rank deity/Bulma had a role, so not happening.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

it would be kind of cool for Piccolo to just find god ki through meditation or whatever

because then it means goku finds it through his friends, and vegeta finds it through his perserverance, and piccolo finds it through his isolation. and those are always big components of those characters

really i just want to see what a new toriyama-designed form for namekians would look like though

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

piccolo can sort of already sense god ki

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Aurora posted:

piccolo can sort of already sense god ki

I don't think he can. When Goku powered up to Super Saiyan God, he asked Dende to confirm if it had worked, so he clearly cannot sense it himself.

Kelp Plankton posted:

it would be kind of cool for Piccolo to just find god ki through meditation or whatever

because then it means goku finds it through his friends, and vegeta finds it through his perserverance, and piccolo finds it through his isolation. and those are always big components of those characters

really i just want to see what a new toriyama-designed form for namekians would look like though

It'd be far more in-character for Piccolo to obtain it while having to take care of a Saiyan kid because their parents are too busy fighting/dead to care. Sadly the only one left is Pan, and that one actually has a present, competent father. But Grandpa Piccolo just obtaining power for protecting Pan would be cute as hell :3:

I'd love a new form for Namekians too. Hell, I'd love anything non-Saiyan at this point.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

black/zamasu seems fine.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

If Vegeta steals Future Zamasu, or regular yellow guy's, potara earring and puts it on would he fuse with Black Goku and be Darker Vegito?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Yamcha will achieve God Ki, and play all baseball teams single handedly til the end of time.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Blaze Dragon posted:

Even moreso since Dende can sense the drat thing, but Piccolo can't, despite having the previous God inside him.

Kami is a job not a transformation.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Kelp Plankton posted:

That wasn't concept art, it was merchandise stuff. Like lil mini-posters

But it would be cool if you were right.

Oops! I still have hope!

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

If Vegeta steals Future Zamasu, or regular yellow guy's, potara earring and puts it on would he fuse with Black Goku and be Darker Vegito?

Isn't Black wearing it on the other ear as Zamasu did to prevent that? Neat idea though.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

BizarroAzrael posted:

Isn't Black wearing it on the other ear as Zamasu did to prevent that? Neat idea though.

Just because he's wearing it on one ear doesn't mean that Goku couldn't simply put it on the other ear?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

http://mangastream.com/r/dragon_ball_super/015/3635/1

Super Manga

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Elfgames posted:

Kami is a job not a transformation.

and Kaioshin is both a species and a job so I don't know why people are obsessed with vegetto being one

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
The earrings carry some rank - the yellow Supreme Kai said so himself when he gave that angsty Kai his other earring and said he was "temporarily" as Supreme Kai by wearing it. By that logic, Vegito was also temporarily a Supreme Kai.

I get the argument. I just don't give a poo poo.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

i'm glad both anime and manga make sure we understand that Bulma is the most powerful

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

a cartoon duck posted:

i'm glad both anime and manga make sure we understand that Bulma is the most powerful

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I see they've completely stepped around the blue hair controversy.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Okay, hold up, Trunks is just straight up being stronger than SSJ3 Goku, what. I mean, I like that a Saiyan can surpass SSJ3 with masterful use of SSJ2 but, like, that would mean having no issues whatsoever against Dabura and Babidi and being capable of manhandling Buu, why would the Kaioshin die in this scenario? and that's before considering that BoG outright states that Goku is just extra buff for having touched SSG.

Goku asking Beerus to lend a hand also makes a ton of noise to me.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

I'm bothered by them translating Korin as Karin and continuing the mistake of translating Mortals as Humans despite having enough context from the anime by now to fix that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Okay, hold up, Trunks is just straight up being stronger than SSJ3 Goku, what. I mean, I like that a Saiyan can surpass SSJ3 with masterful use of SSJ2 but, like, that would mean having no issues whatsoever against Dabura and Babidi and being capable of manhandling Buu, why would the Kaioshin die in this scenario? and that's before considering that BoG outright states that Goku is just extra buff for having touched SSG.

Goku asking Beerus to lend a hand also makes a ton of noise to me.

powerlevels

Eopia posted:

I'm bothered by them translating Korin as Karin and continuing the mistake of translating Mortals as Humans despite having enough context from the anime by now to fix that.

They got enough context in the chapter itself when Trunks talks about "humans on other planets".

• Locked thread