Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Hahaha! How did I miss this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The one problem is that is like a major professional issue for Trump's lawyers to "leak" things like that.

The IRS or the NY tax agency could leak them I guess.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Sai posted:

remember that muslims/culturally muslim people in western europe are basically our black people and the largest minority

Imagine a majority of American black people were in Nation of Islam or the new black panthers, but to make a fair analogy only a small portion of them committed atrocities in the name of these groups. It'd be more like that.

Imagine that 90% of blacks in America had a religious book recommending acts like the Dallas shooting, but ~60% of them condemned that act of violence in broad rhetoric.

Now imagine a further complication, that respected elders of their religion had long recommended they pretend to be tolerant until they had true power because their false tolerance would be forgiven for the greater good.

Finally, imagine some of this group had full citizenship already but most of them were visitors. We also never enslaved them or forced America on them.

In any reality I would be more defensive with this group, but I would take care to make sure the people already given citizenship felt welcome and knew society's expectations. And yes I would shun any Christian group with similar faults.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

zen death robot posted:

I'll change someone's name to "redneck nazgul" if they dare claim it

gently caress yeah.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/769143845892136960

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

paranoid randroid posted:

hahaha gently caress you boosted, you little delicate flower. gently caress your guns too. im comin for your poo poo, riding on an alligator through the mire like a redneck nazgul. hissssss baggins hissss yall

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

zen death robot posted:

I've been training my whole life for this moment y'all

sharkbomb
Feb 9, 2005

euphronius posted:

The one problem is that is like a major professional issue for Trump's lawyers to "leak" things like that.

The IRS or the NY tax agency could leak them I guess.

But when you have more and more people in possession of something it becomes increasingly less risky to leak it to the public. The leak could be blamed on the IRS. The IRS could blame Trump's people, etc

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

This is from a while back but about 16,000 posts ago there was some hot mormon talk and they sound like very nice people.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

What phone posted this, this is so clearly memebait

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Chris Suprun is a member of the Electoral College from Texas, a state the GOP can reliably count on to deliver votes every four years to the Republican presidential nominee.

But this year, with Donald Trump sitting atop the ticket, Suprun is warning he might not cast his electoral vote for the GOP standard-bearer. Indeed, he won’t rule out throwing his vote to Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton if Trump doesn’t moderate his demeanor.

“I’m not a professional politician. I’ve got no training on this one,” said Suprun. “The nominee is … saying things that in an otherwise typical election year would have you disqualified.”

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

sharkbomb posted:

But when you have more and more people in possession of something it becomes increasingly less risky to leak it to the public. The leak could be blamed on the IRS. The IRS could blame Trump's people, etc

Only two parties have it. His lawfirm and the IRS. I doubt trump has a copy. Certainly no one in his campaign does.

I have never heard of the IRS leaking someones tax returns.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

I mean in 6 words they get:

-grammar nazi bait
-"you da real mvp"
-Superpredators
-a seductive "..."
-total absence of a secondary "gloating" statement, like "Sad!", proving Trump didn't send it

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Oiled and Ready posted:

What phone posted this, this is so clearly memebait

https://twitter.com/trumptweetsrc/status/769143847708401664

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

euphronius posted:

Only two parties have it. His lawfirm and the IRS. I doubt trump has a copy. Certainly no one in his campaign does.

I have never heard of the IRS leaking someones tax returns.

I'm pretty sure its hardcore illegal. And they probably have checks in place at the IRS to prevent people from just looking them up like with medical records of famous people where only the people directly involved in their care have access and if someone else tries to look at them it pops up a warning saying are you SURE you need this file because this poo poo is getting audited.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Lol

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/aug/26/steve-bannon-florida-registered-vote-donald-trump

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

prefect posted:

Chris Suprun is a member of the Electoral College from Texas, a state the GOP can reliably count on to deliver votes every four years to the Republican presidential nominee.

But this year, with Donald Trump sitting atop the ticket, Suprun is warning he might not cast his electoral vote for the GOP standard-bearer. Indeed, he won’t rule out throwing his vote to Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton if Trump doesn’t moderate his demeanor.

“I’m not a professional politician. I’ve got no training on this one,” said Suprun. “The nominee is … saying things that in an otherwise typical election year would have you disqualified.”

I think my calling is to start a movement where we keep people informed as to what the "#NeverTrump" crowd has actually done

If this election is functionally over by the second debate, it is critical that we do not let the Neocons claim moral victory just because they are professional triangulators

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

cheesetriangles posted:

I'm pretty sure its hardcore illegal. And they probably have checks in place at the IRS to prevent people from just looking them up like with medical records of famous people where only the people directly involved in their care have access and if someone else tries to look at them it pops up a warning saying are you SURE you need this file because this poo poo is getting audited.

More than that the IRS could figure out in 2 seconds who looked at and printed out his returns. So.

Its not like the Firm where they can take the return to the Cayman islands and copy them with a machine in a Red Roof Inn.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

zen death robot posted:

Was gonna jump on this until I realized I'm actually a coonass nazgul.

Btw, that other guy doesn't actually know how to tame & ride an alligator. :colbert:

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Which means...?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Oiled and Ready posted:

Which means...?

Iphone tweets are from staffers.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Was gonna jump on this until I realized I'm actually a coonass nazgul.

Btw, that other guy doesn't actually know how to tame & ride an alligator. :colbert:

there's got to be nine synonyms for redneck out there, we can work together on this

redneck nazgul
coonass nazgul
bumpkin nazgul
hillbilly nazgul

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

quote:

Bannon also co-owns a condominium in Los Angeles and is known to stay at the so-called “Breitbart embassy”, a luxurious $2.4m townhouse beside the supreme court in Washington DC, where his website’s staff work from basement offices. A Bloomberg profile of Bannon published last October, with which he cooperated, stated that Bannon “occupies” the townhouse and described it as being “his”.

lol

Keep digging Press Corps

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

redneck nazgul posted:

there's got to be nine synonyms for redneck out there, we can work together on this

redneck nazgul
coonass nazgul
bumpkin nazgul
hillbilly nazgul

witch-king of birmingham

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Thanks I always wanted to know what the guy from the Eagles thinks.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

uncurable mlady posted:

witch-king of birmingham

Skoal ring to rule them all

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

uncurable mlady posted:

witch-king of birmingham

Jeff Sessions?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

quote:

But according to records at the DC office of tax and revenue, the Breitbart house is actually owned by Mostafa El-Gindy, an Egyptian businessman and former member of parliament. Gindy has received favorable coverage from Breitbart News, which styles him as a “senior statesman”, without an accompanying disclosure that he is the website’s landlord.

Acquiring Florida residency is often attractive to outsiders to the state due to Florida’s lack of state income tax. This allows people with a residency to legally avoid paying state income tax on so-called “unearned” income, such as dividends, interests and retirement benefits. Attorneys often advise people seeking Florida residency that it helps to assign their voter registration to a property in the state.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

redneck nazgul posted:

Skoal ring to rule them all

:perfect:

sharkbomb
Feb 9, 2005

euphronius posted:

More than that the IRS could figure out in 2 seconds who looked at and printed out his returns. So.

Its not like the Firm where they can take the return to the Cayman islands and copy them with a machine in a Red Roof Inn.

I see what you're saying.

I guess I'm just disinclined to believe that ANY information that is so valuable is possibly safe, especially during this election. Trump and Clinton both have lawyers combing the depths for any and everything, journalists are FOIA'ing every thing in existence, and everyone's poo poo is getting hacked. So many people have been hacked this cycle I have a hard time believing that the collective mass of Trump's lawyers --> IRS is totally secure. I think if his tax documents DO get leaked it will be blamed on a hack that didn't happen.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

prefect posted:

Iphone tweets are from staffers.

Yeah, nearly all things from the iPhone are announcements, links to other videos or websites, and otherwise hashtagged and social media-fied statements. Other candidates make it clear that staffers are posting since when the actual person posts they sign it in some way. Trump doesn't bother with that, so it's less clear. Except, of course, if you just put the two next to each other.

iPhone
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/768904362211086336

Android
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/769001435484688384

Now, he could just be telling the staffer with the iPhone to write the tweet for him, but the staffer attempts to use complete sentences and try to make some amount of sense. Trump, again, doesn't bother with that.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

euphronius posted:

This isnt an insult at all but you clearly haven't ever been a criminal. If they don't have footage of his face and/or hands selecting the returns and making illegal copies they have nothing. You can fire someone or sue them in civil court if you think they stole important documents, but it'd be very hard to prove more than negligence if they were careful.

To make it even less clear, he hasn't released any returns. Countless parties could have his returns from 2005-2010 or so, and it's quite possible many of those parties only got photocopies to begin with so they'd only be able to track who originally got the document.

If it was as easy as you make it out to be we'd have the lowest crime rates on Earth, easily.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Oiled and Ready posted:

This isnt an insult at all but you clearly haven't ever been a criminal. If they don't have footage of his face and/or hands selecting the returns and making illegal copies they have nothing. You can fire someone or sue them in civil court if you think they stole important documents, but it'd be very hard to prove more than negligence if they were careful.

To make it even less clear, he hasn't released any returns. Countless parties could have his returns from 2005-2010 or so, and it's quite possible many of those parties only got photocopies to begin with so they'd only be able to track who originally got the document.

If it was as easy as you make it out to be we'd have the lowest crime rates on Earth, easily.

IRS returns are electronic, mate.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

sharkbomb posted:

I see what you're saying.

I guess I'm just disinclined to believe that ANY information that is so valuable is possibly safe, especially during this election. Trump and Clinton both have lawyers combing the depths for any and everything, journalists are FOIA'ing every thing in existence, and everyone's poo poo is getting hacked. So many people have been hacked this cycle I have a hard time believing that the collective mass of Trump's lawyers --> IRS is totally secure. I think if his tax documents DO get leaked it will be blamed on a hack that didn't happen.

I see what you are saying too. Just no one at the IRS at least is going to leak it unless they flee to russia right after.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

hahaha gently caress you boosted, you little delicate flower. gently caress your guns too. im comin for your poo poo, riding on an alligator through the mire like a redneck nazgul. hissssss baggins hissss yall

pluckin my fuckin banjo and singing a hootenanny in the mordor tongue

Just want to say this was amazing to wake up to. Good job, Witch King of NASCAR

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Drastic Actions posted:

Yeah, nearly all things from the iPhone are announcements, links to other videos or websites, and otherwise hashtagged and social media-fied statements. Other candidates make it clear that staffers are posting since when the actual person posts they sign it in some way. Trump doesn't bother with that, so it's less clear. Except, of course, if you just put the two next to each other.

iPhone
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/768904362211086336

Android
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/769001435484688384

Now, he could just be telling the staffer with the iPhone to write the tweet for him, but the staffer attempts to use complete sentences and try to make some amount of sense. Trump, again, doesn't bother with that.

Fun fact: Trump also dictates most of his actual tweets to staffers, but he demands they write exactly what he says. The only ones he physically types are midnight to 6AM.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

uncurable mlady posted:

witch-king of birmingham

sharkbomb
Feb 9, 2005

Oiled and Ready posted:

That's what I'm trying to say-- there were many levels of preparation and communicating tax returns between Trump's people and to/from the IRS. That information is out in the world beyond just some tightly controlled IRS database. Also, Trump gets tons of tax breaks from state entities for being in real estate and I'd bet they have seen his returns and have copies sitting in email boxes of low-level state grunts. Trump's businesses are so sprawling I have a difficult time believing that poo poo is locked down.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Trump seems immune to Russian hacking

Good luck so far I guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

This tweet makes zero goddamn sense at all.

• Locked thread