Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
It would be really funny if he just didn't get along with Jeff the Stuntman from the prison escape scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Oh my god Jeff the Stuntman is Stone Cold Steve Austin, and he's blindsided the Rock with a Stone Cold Stunner. As god as my witness I think he killed him. In all my years of being first grip I've never seen anything like it.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I would be kinda shocked if it were Vin to be honest.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

MarcusSA posted:

I would be kinda shocked if it were Vin to be honest.

Shocked if it's any of the regulars, really. If they're so terrible why come back for a fourth time? (Yes yes, to get paid and all that).

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I'm guessing it's Scott Eastwood, but that may just be because of how much of a douchebag his father is influencing me here.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Well apparently it's Vin who's the candy rear end: http://www.avclub.com/article/we-regret-inform-you-it-vin-diesel-who-candy-rear end-240912

Though tbh it seems to come down to how they want to produce the flick and fighting over creative differences is fine by me :colbert:

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

The Rock is great but this is honestly super weird and if it's gonna gently caress up production I'd rather see him and his character gone in future movies. He was already barely in 7

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I hope that this is actually a prelude to Summer Slam.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Didn't Dwayne complain during F&F5 that Vin was all talk and no action? I seem to remember Dwayne complain about him ages ago.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Mandrel posted:

The Rock is great but this is honestly super weird and if it's gonna gently caress up production I'd rather see him and his character gone in future movies. He was already barely in 7

He was barely in 7 but ever scene he was in was pure gold. Without Walker the series is thin on characters that can carry an entire scene by themself

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Aug 11, 2016

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i believe in vin diesel and the rock

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
The Rock probably has a little chip on his shoulder going into this. Fast and Furious is his biggest success as an actor, but he only started working on them during the fifth entry. Vin was in the first one and has a producer credit now. The Rock probably feels that he's the reason the franchise went to the next level, and isn't thrilled about basically being a hired hand in Vin's franchise. You have that tension, plus Vin maybe being a movie star about something one too many times, and you end up with bitchy Instagram posts near the end of what is probably a very demanding project. A Hobbs spinoff series will probably happen, with The Rock producing.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

It's marketing to hype up a fight scene that will probably be awesome.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
All The Rock has to do is hold one arm out and wait for Vin Diesel to tire himself out.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

TheScott2K posted:

The Rock probably feels that he's the reason the franchise went to the next level

I mean...

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

He's great, but I don't think so personally. Fast Five was a really well done movie all around, The Rock added to it, but his role in these movies has been smaller. And GI Joe 2 starring The Rock made less money (in US anyway) than the first GI Joe.

Hobbes is a great fun character in a big ensemble series, and his role could/should be bigger now since Fast 8 is sorta starting a new direction. But the last few I'd put on the original cast's shoulders more so. And just them choosing to go in a more fun over-the-top action adventure direction in general. I also think Statham deserves some kudos.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Not to mention the return of Luda!

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Coffee And Pie posted:

Not to mention the return of Luda!

And honestly, I find Tyrese really funny and underrated in these too. He's one of the highlights.

Not to say I don't appreciate The Rock, when he said "Daddy's gotta go to work", that was one of the best moments in film history, no doubt.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Heavy Metal posted:

And honestly, I find Tyrese really funny and underrated in these too. He's one of the highlights.

Not to say I don't appreciate The Rock, when he said "Daddy's gotta go to work", that was one of the best moments in film history, no doubt.
I liked when the lady cop asked the rock if they could trust the F&F crew and hes just like "Nope!"

Or when he just casually shoots the bad guy in the face.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Cage posted:

Or when he just casually shoots the bad guy in the face.

You mean in Five where he double-taps the dude crawling out of his totaled SUV without even looking? Yeah, that owned.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Now there are actual rumors out there that this whole 'feud' is really a prelude to next year's Wrestlemania that will take place 2 weeks before Fast 8 is released.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The MSJ posted:

Now there are actual rumors out there that this whole 'feud' is really a prelude to next year's Wrestlemania that will take place 2 weeks before Fast 8 is released.

F&F 6: Gina Carano
F&F 7: Ronda Rousey
F&F 8: Wrestlemania?

Yep, checks out.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

The MSJ posted:

It's gonna be a two-on-two match, the Rock and Taylor Swift vs Vin and Kanye

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Coffee And Pie posted:

the Rock and Taylor Swift

Add in T-Pain to make it a triple threat to my heart
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DFMbLKEjaI

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Looks like Michael Bay got his hands on Shaw's flip cars.

https://www.facebook.com/transformersmovie/videos/1160385380663574/

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Trailer coming this weekend.

Meanwhile, here's a video addressed to all of us.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72ejPxlH_XE

FAMILY

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

You can't beat street racing Buddha saying cool wisdom and kickin' some rear end! I am there opening day! (Who wouldn't be)

I'm pumped.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

You thought it'd be "Fast 8" or something so boring. Here's your subtle "8" pun motherfuckers.

Get ready to learn

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

gently caress me, that's majestic.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

reddit has suggested Fast10 Your Seatbelts. Occasionally reddit has good stuff.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

WhyteRyce posted:

reddit has suggested Fast10 Your Seatbelts. Occasionally reddit has good stuff.

gently caress that is really good

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I loving love this series.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Going to be the best title of 2017.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
The Japanese Name is also dope as gently caress

Wild Speed: Ice Break

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I don't know how Japan topped Fate of the Furious but they did

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

As much as I love the title Sky Mission, they totally should have gone with F7 Limit Break

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Those names are seriously the best. :allears:

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Dexo posted:

The Japanese Name is also dope as gently caress

Awe, they broke the sequence of calling them X Mission

Edit:
Wild Speed
Wild Speed X2
Wild Speed X3: Tokyo Drift
Wild Speed Max
Wild Speed Mega Max
Wild Speed: Euro Mission
Wild Speed: Sky Mission

duz fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Dec 10, 2016

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

duz posted:

Awe, they broke the sequence of calling them X Mission

Edit:
Wild Speed
Wild Speed X2
Wild Speed X3: Tokyo Drift
Wild Speed Max
Wild Speed Mega Max
Wild Speed: Euro Mission
Wild Speed: Sky Mission

Until today if I had seen this list of titles I would have thought they were videogames that started out on the NES and then made the move to SNES.

"Wild Speed Mega Max" is just so loving great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Fast10 Fur10us

• Locked thread