Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

BillmasterCozb posted:

Feign Death is pretty much worthless

It's a good way to turn one down into two if you gently caress up and land yourself in a bulldozer mosh pit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

Renegret posted:

It has come to my attention that there are people who don't murder all the civilians when stealthing in this game.

What is wrong with those people?

As a personal challenge, the other day I stealthed a Harvest and Trustee bank without killing anyone.

I used the "Moveable Dominated Cop" and boosted my number of cable ties significantly with another mod, but still.

Edit: Question about the skin workshop, is it possible to edit the models of anything or is it only textures? I was thinking I might try make one for the AK762 but model it after the AK47 Type 1A, which had some differently shaped parts.

Failing that, could you put the AMCAR's non-removable carry handle on the AMR-16 to make it more of a psuedo M-16A1?

Concordat fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Aug 28, 2016

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.

BillmasterCozb posted:

Feign Death is pretty much worthless

It wouldn't be, if Swan Song wasn't just ridiculously better in every possible way. They could greatly improve it by putting a short period of invulnerability right after the revive.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
Does Feign Death count as you getting yourself up? Would the Medic tree bonuses proc when it does?

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Concordat posted:

Question about the skin worship, is it possible to edit the models of anything or is it only textures? I was thinking I might try make one for the AK762 but model it after the AK47 Type 1A, which had some differently shaped parts.

Failing that, could you put the AMCAR's non-removable carry handle on the AMR-16 to make it more of a psuedo M-16A1?

You asked me before in mumble and I'm pretty sure that it's just texture work. None of the skins have new models except the legendaries, and I would expect Overkill to do those in-house.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

UnknownMercenary posted:

You asked me before in mumble and I'm pretty sure that it's just texture work. None of the skins have new models except the legendaries, and I would expect Overkill to do those in-house.

Which is a shame, I'd love to be able to submit a legendary skin. For Halloween, of course.

The Legendary Saw skin.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I finally found an Akimbo setup I really enjoyed - dual silenced Heathers. The Compact 5s were too inaccurate for my tastes but I have managed to get the Heathers cranked up into the 80s I think.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Bort Bortles posted:

I finally found an Akimbo setup I really enjoyed - dual silenced Heathers. The Compact 5s were too inaccurate for my tastes but I have managed to get the Heathers cranked up into the 80s I think.

They're probably my favorite out of the SMGs are far as dual-wielding, though I feel like I get less climb out of the MP5s.

Feonir
Mar 30, 2011

Ask me about aquatic cocaine transportation and by-standard management.
Still in love with shotguns.

https://gfycat.com/WarmheartedFewAsp

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
I have to say that going heavy into melee has really changed my approach to specials. Thanks to counterstrike instead of running away from cloakers while firing wildly in their direction I just charge at them with my sword. I grabbed shock and awe from enforcer too, so shields are just a matter of smacking them until they do the spinning around animation then stabbing them in the back. I also grabbed shockproof so tasers are just a matter of mashing F if I get tazed then slashing them up on the ground. Basically the only problem that isn't solved by applying sword to it is Dozers and honestly I've already been able to deal with them for a while just by getting right up in their face and unloading with an automatic.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

:vince:. I haven't tried a shotgun build lately - what shotgun is that?

averox
Feb 28, 2005

:dukedog:
Fun Shoe
Cheshire Cat. I'm not going to tell you that you're playing the game wrong but you're playing the game wrong.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
a

spit on my clit fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Nov 27, 2019

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Bort Bortles posted:

:vince:. I haven't tried a shotgun build lately - what shotgun is that?

10 round magazine, primary, visible shell rack on the side - that's the Reinfeld 880.

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.
I only use the Renfield for nostalgia value. For maximum fun I recommend the M1014 with its rapid-fire slaughter.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Wastrel_ posted:

I only use the Renfield for nostalgia value. For maximum fun I recommend the M1014 with its rapid-fire slaughter.

I've been running around lately with HE Raven/000 Loco or Fletch Raven/HE Judge. I love the Raven mechanically, but it really needs a meatier firing sound.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Ugh this reminds me that I need to get the stupid Tabula Rasa achievement so I can have another skill slot.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Well you're in luck since that achievement has been stupidly easy for like 3 months now.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Wastrel_ posted:

Is the M1014 good now? Last time I used it I felt like it was just incredibly underpowered.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Bort Bortles posted:

Ugh this reminds me that I need to get the stupid Tabula Rasa achievement so I can have another skill slot.

What does Tabula Rasa have to do with getting another skill slot? Or are you keeping one empty just for that achievement?

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
Tabula even with console skills isn't that bad. On console I think you need to turn bots off. That's how me and a bro did it. I don't know about pc. I have seen though that you can now bring equipment on pc so that seems pretty easy.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Bort Bortles posted:

Just mention it next time you're on. It's REALLY easy these days. Between several good perk decks for suits, the buff to the guns last year and being able to actually bring deployables, it's nowhere near the challenge it once was.

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.

Shooting Blanks posted:

What does Tabula Rasa have to do with getting another skill slot? Or are you keeping one empty just for that achievement?

Ironically I keep my 5th blank for tabula runs.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Shooting Blanks posted:

To unlock the last skill slot you need to get the Tabula Rasa achievement. Right now I only have 4 and the 5th is gated by Tabula Rasa. I would post a screenshot but I am on my laptop.

Tempest_56 posted:

Just mention it next time you're on. It's REALLY easy these days. Between several good perk decks for suits, the buff to the guns last year and being able to actually bring deployables, it's nowhere near the challenge it once was.
Last time I mentioned it a bunch of people groaned lol.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
It's just sort of boring, is all. I would argue that after doing TR you should just get the 15 skillslot mod because you'll want more than 5 soon enough :v:

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Is the M1014 good now? Last time I used it I felt like it was just incredibly underpowered.

You'll want shotgun skills but since 000 is presently a free damage buff it's very good. A short 1014 is a very good choice for a dodge build (Raven also, but hey, variety) and a long 1014 is pretty good for armor builds. Both pair up nicely with an HE Judge or similar secondary.

Shadowbag
Jun 1, 2011

When shitposting, it's always important to properly stretch first.
Soiled Meat

Bort Bortles posted:

I'd be down to help you with this after I get home from work.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
The only problem I have with the 1014 is that, probably thanks to Aced Close By, tasers will eat your shells like crazy.

THE CHORSE
May 17, 2005

CHORSY MOOMS CHORSE JEEF
Help the taser to eat your shells by aiming directly at his mouth. Problem solved!

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

John Murdoch posted:

The only problem I have with the 1014 is that, probably thanks to Aced Close By, tasers will eat your shells like crazy.

People don't immediately beeline for Shockproof Ace? Seriously, it's 'Press F to be immune to Tasers', it's currently one of the best skills in the game and easy to access (since it's right after two movement boosters).

e: Bort, if you're looking to try some shotgunnage, here's the two builds I've been using lately.
Fletch Raven/HE Judge Crook with Hostage Taker/Joker/Doc Bags
HE Raven/000 Loco Infiltrator with ICTV/Ammo

Tempest_56 fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Aug 27, 2016

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Tempest_56 posted:

People don't immediately beeline for Shockproof Ace? Seriously, it's 'Press F to be immune to Tasers', it's currently one of the best skills in the game and easy to access (since it's right after two movement boosters).

I usually don't bother because the build I use just murders everything and with the Raven I can basically just do this

THE CHORSE posted:

Help the taser to eat your shells by aiming directly at his mouth. Problem solved!

But with the very different stats of the 1014 and a bad taser, oops, no more shots left. (It's entirely possible I built my 1014 badly, admittedly.)

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

The same thing happens with a bad taser and a Raven, you just have fewer reserve shells with the Raven so even though you lose them slower, you can lose more of them during a single tase - both in total and proportionally. Given the number of factors involved that are outside of your direct control when you get tased, it's not a strong argument against the 1014 if it's even a valid argument in the first place :shrug:

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
All I said was that I didn't like how fast the 1014 fires w/ Close By, sometimes. It wasn't meant to be some big reason to Never Ever Use The M1014. Why do my most innocuous posts get turned into dumb arguments?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

well, you literally compared it to the Raven, actually. That said, you are projecting.

I should rephrase my post, though: it's not a strong argument for or against the 1014 or the Raven - take whichever you prefer, absolutely, but tasers aren't a reason to prefer one or the other.

Psion fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Aug 27, 2016

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Shadowbag posted:

I'd be down to help you with this after I get home from work.
I would happily take you up on that but I am out of town for a wedding. I'll mention it again sometime next week to see if you can round up some more generous souls to help out.

Tempest_56 posted:

e: Bort, if you're looking to try some shotgunnage, here's the two builds I've been using lately.
Fletch Raven/HE Judge Crook with Hostage Taker/Joker/Doc Bags
HE Raven/000 Loco Infiltrator with ICTV/Ammo
Thank you, I will check 'em out when I get home. I recently made sweet rear end LMG and akimbo builds and was unsure of the best way to do shotguns so they should help.

Psion posted:

It's just sort of boring, is all. I would argue that after doing TR you should just get the 15 skillslot mod because you'll want more than 5 soon enough :v:
... maybe I'll just be lazy and get that mod

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
Do percentage damage buffs act as multiplicative or additive bonuses?

Asking because I have a build that combines the following bonuses for supressed shotguns:
Underdog 15%
Shotgun Impact 10%, 15%
Overkill 75%
Specialized Killing 15%, 15%
Berserker + Frenzy 40%-100%

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Bort Bortles posted:

Thank you, I will check 'em out when I get home. I recently made sweet rear end LMG and akimbo builds and was unsure of the best way to do shotguns so they should help.

Shotguns are overall pretty easy. Just take most of the Shotgunner tree (you can skip Overkill Ace since that's useless unless you're running a non-shotgun alternate weapon, and Far Away is kinda personal taste) and pick the appropriate ammo. I try to aim for either 112 or 160 damage (without Overkill running) - if you get to that, run Flechette and a -4 acc boost (for the range and armor penetration); if not, run 000 Buckshot. Put either HE or Dragon's Breath on your alternate to deal with Shields/Dozers/crowds. I find that 30-40 accuracy is the sweet spot (unless you've got HE, then go as high as you can).

quote:

... maybe I'll just be lazy and get that mod

Bad news, the other skill slots are ALSO sealed behind Tabula Rasa, if I remember right.

Shadowbag
Jun 1, 2011

When shitposting, it's always important to properly stretch first.
Soiled Meat

Bort Bortles posted:

I would happily take you up on that but I am out of town for a wedding. I'll mention it again sometime next week to see if you can round up some more generous souls to help out.

I'm usually in the payday goons chat, look for some loser with a lovely anime name and avatar. Other people who like clicking cops are in there too.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Tempest_56 posted:

you can skip Overkill Ace since that's useless unless you're running a non-shotgun alternate weapon

If you've got 8 points lying around, the bonus weapon swap speed is absolutely wonderful when you want to blow away a shield or stun a dozer very suddenly. I think it's about equally personal taste as Far Away, but it's by no means necessary.

Especially since now I usually just stun a dozer's faceplate off and then replace it with a throwing axe, but sometimes you get to do stuff like this: https://gfycat.com/ObviousIcyCarpenterant

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Psion posted:

well, you literally compared it to the Raven, actually. That said, you are projecting.

I should rephrase my post, though: it's not a strong argument for or against the 1014 or the Raven - take whichever you prefer, absolutely, but tasers aren't a reason to prefer one or the other.

Is it really all that controversial to say tasers can be worse for higher RoF guns? Sure in the absolute worst case scenario where you're just hosed no matter what you're going to lose more Raven ammo, but my point was just that for the occasional times when you do have a fighting chance (but the taser isn't conveniently standing right in front of you), I'd rather have the Raven's slow fire/high impact shots more than the 1014's fast fire/not-quite-as-high impact ones. Might also have something to do with my Raven being more accurate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Concordat posted:

Do percentage damage buffs act as multiplicative or additive bonuses?

Asking because I have a build that combines the following bonuses for supressed shotguns:
Underdog 15%
Shotgun Impact 10%, 15%
Overkill 75%
Specialized Killing 15%, 15%
Berserker + Frenzy 40%-100%

I'm pretty sure they all go off the base value for the stat so just additive.

Even so, all those bonuses are probably sufficient to one-shot anything short of a dozer.