Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
Since we're doing shoes:

Photo doesn't do them justice - they are the same colour as high visibility safety jackets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Oh it does them justice

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

That is the exact colour I associate with Slazenger.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

plainswalker75 posted:

New shoes:

Exciting stuff!

New Balance's Leadville trail runners are phenomenal for hiking and jogging on rough trails, by the way. Probably my favorite pair of shoes that I've ever owned.

Only downside is that I've nearly worn through the tread in the sole and I've only had them for < 6 months. Doesn't seem to be as durable as my Merrell Moabs, though they breathe better.

Finally bought some new laces to replace the frayed laces on my cycling shoes! :woop:

For:

Catatron Prime has a new favorite as of 12:44 on Aug 25, 2016

HairyNipple!
Dec 31, 2004

hello i am fast cheap awesome
Shoe chat. I bought a pair of these last week. I am red-green colour blind though, so they probably look worse than I think.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

100% Dundee posted:

Funded a kickstarter for a backpack. Hopefully I still want a backpack in like 4 months.

Water resistant != waterproof, as you'll discover in your first downpour.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Josh Lyman posted:

Water resistant is, in my experience, fine in heavy rain as long as it doesn't collect anywhere and you don't put it down in a puddle. It just has to let the rain run off.

I backed for one too, just now

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo

Josh Lyman posted:

don't worry, it has zero-g suspension lol

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal
It's not shoes, but I wandered into a local artists co-op gallery in St. Augustine yesterday and wandered out with this:

The lady who painted it was actually the one looking after the shop that day, so it was kinda cool being able to chat with the artist (though I didn't actually realize the painting was hers until after I left). First time I've ever bought a painting from something other than a garage sale or thrift store :3:

nocal
Mar 7, 2007
Kickstarter backpack mans: just cancel that and buy from Mission Workshop. Yeah it's 50-100% more expensive, but they'll 100% deliver it to you in 1/10th the time, so the math adds up.

Rad Gravity
Mar 14, 2012
An ugly shoe:

I guess they had someone proofread this and then just printed their notes on the box?

100% Dundee
Oct 11, 2004

nocal posted:

Kickstarter backpack mans: just cancel that and buy from Mission Workshop. Yeah it's 50-100% more expensive, but they'll 100% deliver it to you in 1/10th the time, so the math adds up.

But there's no option for zero g suspension or cool magnetic closure methods???

As far as the delivery goes, I'm not too concerned about KP coming through with their Dec. estimate. A friend and I both backed their last Kickstarter which was a very similar product with a very similar price and they delivered it on time.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Coydog posted:

I still cannot deal with how awesome those things are. How narrow are they?

This thread just prompted me to finally grab a pair of these. I have a festival Friday, and needed a pair of simple beater shoes for it anyway.

Confession time:the shoes were a gift for my girlfriend

Also what festival you hitting up on Friday?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I just noticed that boring shoe guy has "plain" "walker" in his name.

Heh.

Also I looked through the last 5 pages of the footwear thread and it was pretty inoffensive except for some novelty shoes that were posted, so maybe I'm off base here.

EDIT: Except for these, lol

These are fire. Are they out yet or what. Must cop

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

Your cake looks really tasty.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
I've bought some shoes within the last month. Please judge my shoe purchases

Allen Edmonds Normandy Boots

Vasque Hiking Shoes

Shimano Cycling Shoes + Speedplay Zero pedals/cleats

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

The boots are dope

Hrvstmn31
Aug 2, 2014

You did what in your cup?

OSU_Matthew posted:

It's not shoes, but I wandered into a local artists co-op gallery in St. Augustine yesterday and wandered out with this:

The lady who painted it was actually the one looking after the shop that day, so it was kinda cool being able to chat with the artist (though I didn't actually realize the painting was hers until after I left). First time I've ever bought a painting from something other than a garage sale or thrift store :3:

I like this she have a website selling or showing off her paintings?

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

I bought shoes too! Tell me how much of an idiot I am!

djfooboo has a new favorite as of 12:49 on Aug 26, 2016

bummer dude
Jun 20, 2004

duuuude

djfooboo posted:

I bought shows too! Tell me how much of an idiot I am!

a big one! you can't spell shoes or embed images!

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Josh Lyman posted:

I returned those and got these instead

So... the (shady) guy I bought them from on Amazon for 47% off, his delivery estimate was Aug 25-30 but they're still "preparing for shipment".

I don't think I'm ever going to get them. :smith:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Whoever posted upthread about Arcteryx Veilance, please gently caress yourself violently in the eye. I went into a shop to try a piece on today, and it's your damned fault.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

RCarr posted:

The boots are dope

I'd change the laces, but yeah, those are nice boots.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Subjunctive posted:

Whoever posted upthread about Arcteryx Veilance, please gently caress yourself violently in the eye. I went into a shop to try a piece on today, and it's your damned fault.
Just rob a bank and you'll be fine.

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Depending on how seriously and often you plan to hike and if you are going to go in the mountains, buying cheap hiking boots can be a very disappointing experience.

I destroyed twice a cheap pair of hiking shoes (torn off the sole) while in the mountains, 2 days of walk from the nearest city, and I wish that to nobody (the second time I had duct tape, but still, it was terrible)

Yeah - by "cheap" I mean $100, so it's not exactly bargain bin. Plus LL Bean has the ultra turbo return policy so I'm set if they fall apart

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing

nocal posted:

60% of the time, it works every time.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I'ma buy a squatty potty.

It's gonna help me poop better.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

100% Dundee posted:

Funded a kickstarter for a backpack. Hopefully I still want a backpack in like 4 months.

Why not get the new backpack from Peak Design? Theirs looks way better.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
Got me some liquor to drink, since my stash is getting a bit low.

Ginger liquer, produced almost around the corner from where I live. So tasty on its own, but is also great in a mixed drink.

Cause I like Grappa

Vieille Poire Williams, cause I like Schnaps

100% Dundee
Oct 11, 2004

Mu Zeta posted:

There's a ton of cool backpacks out right now/coming out/being funded on Kickstarter etc. I compared all of the ones I liked and the KP Zero-G looked way better to me.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

Mu Zeta posted:

Peak Design is awesome. I bought the camera bag they put out last year and it's amazing. Super well built and functional.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Fayez Butts posted:

loving Lol

Here is my entry for shoe-chat

Got these jawns for hella cheap:

Link?

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

muike posted:

where do the last shoes i bought fall on the lovely idiot spectrum

I bought a pair of those last spring and even standing around the bar for for five hours made my feet hurt. I don't know if they were more comfortable when I was a kid or my kid feet were much tougher than my middle-aged guy feet.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I'ma buy a squatty potty.

It's gonna help me poop better.

I am using one at this exact moment, AMA.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Technically I bought it in February but it arrived yesterday.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Night Danger Moose posted:

Technically I bought it in February but it arrived yesterday.

I'm jealous. I completely blanked and forgot to order mine.

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

bongwizzard posted:

I bought a pair of those last spring and even standing around the bar for for five hours made my feet hurt. I don't know if they were more comfortable when I was a kid or my kid feet were much tougher than my middle-aged guy feet.

I have very similar shoes and they are just fine working as teacher (so lot's of walking and standing). Not the best, but they are very cheap and they look quite good.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Helios Grime posted:

Got me some liquor to drink, since my stash is getting a bit low.

Ginger liquer, produced almost around the corner from where I live. So tasty on its own, but is also great in a mixed drink.

Cause I like Grappa

Hello drinking friend.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

I've come to talk with you again.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

Well actually I bought it a week or so ago, but this is Favorite recent purchases so I wanted to make sure I liked it first. I do, it's like the first game but they've definitely done some good work integrating nonlethal stuff and giving more options overall but especially nonlethal options. I'm not very far yet but I've been really enjoying it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Humerus posted:

Well actually I bought it a week or so ago, but this is Favorite recent purchases so I wanted to make sure I liked it first. I do, it's like the first game but they've definitely done some good work integrating nonlethal stuff and giving more options overall but especially nonlethal options. I'm not very far yet but I've been really enjoying it.

Did that game actually turn out okay? I stopped paying attention during its development the moment I saw the phrase "aug lives matter"